Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I little more detail.

Lori Vallow's family says she would not hurt children

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) - Lori Vallow would never hurt her own children, according to her mother, sister and niece, who spoke to CBS 5 Investigates and CBS News 48 Hours.

The interviews took place Saturday and no question was off-limits.

One the headlines that emerged was that the FBI's timeline of when Vallow's children disappeared may be off by a month or more.

Vallow moved to Rexburg, Idaho at the end of August 2019, after her brother, Alex Cox, shot and killed her then husband, Charles Vallow, claiming self-defense.

According to the FBI, Vallow's daughter, Tylee, was last seen the first week of September at Yellowstone National Park with her mom, uncle and brother.

But Vallow's sister says she texted with Tylee at the end September.

Here is an exchange from the interview:

Reporter: "When is the last time you communicated with Tylee?"

Summer Shiflet: "August, before they moved is the last time I saw her. And I texted with her a couple of times. But the last time I texted with her was September 24 on her birthday. She responded and said, 'Thank you Summy. Love you. Happy birthday to you too.'"

Reporter: "And that date is significant because the FBI says that she has not been seen since the beginning of September. Do you believe that that was Tylee who was texting you back?"

Summer Shiflet: "I don’t really have any way to know. I'd like to believe that it is, but I really don’t have any way to know. It could be either way. But as far as I know it was her. I don’t have any reason to think otherwise."

Summer Vallow's mother, Janis Cox, say they believe she is innocent and that the children are alive and safe somewhere.

CBS 5 Investigates and AZFamily.com will be posting updated news stories based on the interviews, as well as the entire interviews, edited only to reduce redundancies and duplicate questions and answers.

If Lori's mom spoke to JJ on October 1st, where was he when Lori visited the storage three days in a row? At that point Melani was still in Arizona.

Right. IF JC actually did with JJ on 10/1, then when Lori was visiting the storage unit, he could have been:

A) waiting in the vehicle
B) at home, alone
C) at home, with another adult (or at said other adult's home)

Options A and B seem rather unlikely to me. I've worked with many 7 year old kids both with autism and without, and there are very few whom I would trust unsupervised. And if C, then there should be someone out there that can corroborate the claim that JJ was still in LV's vicinity on 10/1/2020. Unless, of course, he was hanging out with Uncle Alex between 2:08-2:32 PM. Which would be...convenient.

*note, I can't remember if AC was in AZ or ID on 10/1. I've been here since the very beginning, but there's a lot of moving pieces! If he was in AZ on 10/1, then there's a big hole in JC's JJ phone call story.

I little more detail.

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) - Lori Vallow would never hurt her own children, according to her mother, sister and niece, who spoke to CBS 5 Investigates and CBS News 48 Hours.

One the headlines that emerged was that the FBI's timeline of when Vallow's children disappeared may be off by a month or more.

Vallow moved to Rexburg, Idaho at the end of August 2019, after her brother, Alex Cox, shot and killed her then husband, Charles Vallow, claiming self-defense.

According to the FBI, Vallow's daughter, Tylee, was last seen the first week of September at Yellowstone National Park with her mom, uncle and brother.

Summer Shiflet: "August, before they moved is the last time I saw her. And I texted with her a couple of times. But the last time I texted with her was September 24 on her birthday. She responded and said, 'Thank you Summy. Love you. Happy birthday to you too.'"

Reporter: "And that date is significant because the FBI says that she has not been seen since the beginning of September. Do you believe that that was Tylee who was texting you back?"

Summer Shiflet: "I don’t really have any way to know. I'd like to believe that it is, but I really don’t have any way to know. It could be either way. But as far as I know it was her. I don’t have any reason to think otherwise."

Summer Vallow's mother, Janis Cox, say they believe she is innocent and that the children are alive and safe somewhere.

CBS 5 Investigates and AZFamily.com will be posting updated news stories based on the interviews, as well as the entire interviews, edited only to reduce redundancies and duplicate questions and answers.

So many questions?!
Why is Janis the bio Grandmother of Tylee not freaking out like Kay the bio Grandmother of JJ? Janis knows that Tylee has had a crazy childhood with a divorce and whatever accusations made during the marriage of Joe Ryan and Lori. Why is she not parked in Rexburg jail parking lot visiting every single day and demanding Lori and Chad to say where these kids are? Where is the emotion and anger of a Grandma not having an answer? I speak as a Grandma who is the same age as Tammy..You dont mess with Grandkids because normal Grandparents will come after you even if you are our children! (rant over and thank you for coming to my TED Talk..I hadnt done one for awhile) MOO

I don't think all is well in the Melani/Ian household. Did you all catch her comment on Dateline: "we're hanging by a thread."? Jmo
Yes, she said something about things being "hard enough"...I wasn't sure why they were hard. It didn't seem like it was because of the missing children or
God that video of Lori’s mom and sister made me sick after watching it. Whats with her family and lying! She probably picked a call off her phone bill that she spoke with Lori and automatically said she talked with JJ that day. Just to say the FBI and police are wrong. If she truly spoke with JJ, why wouldn’t she tell the police about it and help with the investigation. I doubt they even wanted to be interviewed by LE. We ALL just want to make sure the children are safe. Also, she should be upset and trying to figure out how her son died. I truly don’t understand how her family thinks.

I think the more they put themselves in the spotlight, the better. It keeps the case in the public eye and people looking for the kids. While it is hard to stomach their obvious enjoyment of the power they believe they hold by not helping authorities, it is for the best. Keep the mics hot and cameras rolling! The more they chatter, the more information that they will pass on with what they say and what they don't say. Sharing a phone bill as lame evidence of contact with the kids could prove to be a foot bullet if they inadvertently share other information.

So many questions?!
Why is Janis the bio Grandmother of Tylee not freaking out like Kay the bio Grandmother of JJ? Janis knows that Tylee has had a crazy childhood with a divorce and whatever accusations made during the marriage of Joe Ryan and Lori. Why is she not parked in Rexburg jail parking lot visiting every single day and demanding Lori and Chad to say where these kids are? Where is the emotion and anger of a Grandma not having an answer? I speak as a Grandma who is the same age as Tammy..You dont mess with Grandkids because normal Grandparents will come after you even if you are our children! (rant over and thank you for coming to my TED Talk..I hadnt done one for awhile) MOO

Not to mention, her son mysteriously dying after being married to a stranger for a week? No sense of loss.

Not to mention, her son mysteriously dying after being married to a stranger for a week? No sense of loss.

Well, he WAS just a 2L, after all. Maybe JC is one of the true believers, so saw his quickie marriage as a rise in progression to 2.1 and his early death as the opportunity to progress all the way up to a 2.2, give or take. I'm guessing Alex always was a slow learner and who would know better than mom, right?

I'm not exactly sure how all the ranking, light switching on/off, and progression up the hierarchy works, but it seems based on observation so far that the first principle goes something like this:

What would most serve CD's and LVD's selfish interests?

And mom seems to be on board.

IMO the interview with mom and sister is a big nothing-burger. Interviews are edited, cut, staged, etc. The interviewer may have actually asked the questions we all want to hear. They may have refused to answer, resulting in that portion being cut out. OR they may have said up front, "we will not talk about x, y, z." I also think that media instigated the interview, trying to get a "scoop" on the story. I highly doubt these two reached out and asked to be interviewed. It does remind me a little of Cindy and George Anthony. I don't think this mother will ever face the possibility that her precious children could have done anything wrong.
If I was the network producer, I’d be very disappointed if the participants were paid for the interview.

Im not convinced the mom is lying about the phone call. She could be but it would be incredibly foolish for her to loe about it. If she hasnt already then at some point LE will get those statements in a sworn affidavit. If she lies, thats a crime.
Its a crime that offers very little benefit to anyone. The exact date, which is unknown, that the children went missing isnt going to matter a whole lot in the big picture. LV is in violation of the courts order and most likely going to charged with additional crimes.
If her mom did lie and evidence comes to light that the kids were already gone before that date, mom will face criminal charges too.
I find it hard to believe that her mom thinks its risking that just to blurr the timeline a bit.

God that video of Lori’s mom and sister made me sick after watching it. Whats with her family and lying! She probably picked a call off her phone bill that she spoke with Lori and automatically said she talked with JJ that day. Just to say the FBI and police are wrong. If she truly spoke with JJ, why wouldn’t she tell the police about it and help with the investigation. I doubt they even wanted to be interviewed by LE. We ALL just want to make sure the children are safe. Also, she should be upset and trying to figure out how her son died. I truly don’t understand how her family thinks.
Apple does not fall far from the tree...

Valid point. But even without direct evidence, body, method of death...I still believe that she could be convicted of murder. Especially in Idaho.

Possibly. But they have to prove to a jury that not only are the kids deceased, but that LV's actions caused the death. And she can say, "Oh, my brother did that," and it's going to be very hard to disprove. They might get negligent homicide or whatever they call it Idaho but murder's going to be a lot harder.

There's an old case near me where they know one of two brothers committed the crime, but they each say the other did it. It's never gone to trial because there's no evidence as to which one it was, exactly. No matter which one they charge, it's reasonable doubt.

Is there a link to the info showing Lori was aware of Alex being ill?
I must have missed that somewhere. She was in Hawaii at the time I believe.
Rsbm.It's in the Dateline episode. Zulema's lawyers recount the incident beginning with a phone call from Lori to Zulema.

The opening shot of the interview that will follow tonight:
Ok. I am the Queen of making jokes during stressful situations. And I understand that people born before, say, 1980, have a trained response of "smiling for the camera" no matter the circumstances. I actually took a photo in NYC on 9/11 of the towers burning and my friend smiled for the camera. Because cameras were not as ubiquitous then and we had been trained for decades that you smiled when you faced that lens. It was like a reflex, horribly captured on camera. It happens.
... THAT BEING SAID...
If I were a grandmother in this situation, I would at least seem A LITTLE concerned about the whereabouts of my grandchildren! I would shed a tear of worry for them, and over the situation of my wrongly-accused daughter! And at the very last second of this clip these two women both gleefully pull on full-teeth grins for the cameras!! :eek: even for me, the Queen of awkward, I think the most I would be able to muster under (what should be) crippling anxiety about the welfare of my loved ones, would be a demure half-smile with a heavy dose of concern. I'm genuinely shocked at those tiger-grins they've got going on!

So...Robert Jarvis and Garrett Smith represent
Melani and
Summer and
Zulema

Okay.
Rsbm.
For reals. This crowd couldn't diversify just a tiny bit to seem less guilty? I just can't even.

"I don't have those dates exactly in front of me, but she saw them the last time anybody else saw them," Smith said.
Rsbm.
Only the most important info you need on your client when facing the media.:confused:

And, my final thought:
Grandma re: JJ:
"he knows who we are."
What decent grandmother ever feels the need to say this?! None. Ever.

I little more detail.

They believe “Lori” would never hurt the children. So how about her asking Chad or Melani or Alex to do it for her? She is hurting Colby right now!
What is wrong with these people?!

I little more detail.

This video is much more informative. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to imbed it, but wanted to send ppl to watch.

Good Lord, I am happy Lori's family has come out to speak up, but, come on. Pathetic responses. And where is Janis' husband, Barry, in all of this? Let's hear from him too. Let's just compound these pathetic responses to their daughter who is happy to stay in jail rather than disclose the children. Bizarre all of it. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan