Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I can so relat
We have Annie Cushing's account of Lori's behavior in May 2018, when she went to stay to support Tylee after Joe's death.

from timeline:-
May 2018 – Lori asks JR’s sister Annie (Tylee’s aunt) to visit AZ to support Tylee. “I decided to put my personal feelings aside about not being told about Joe’s death and I flew out there, hoping to connect with Tylee,” Annie said. When Annie arrived in AZ, Lori discouraged Tylee from mourning her father’s death. “When I got there, it was as if, nothing had happened,” Annie said. “People were hardly talking about Joe and when Lori did, the tenor was — she would actually say, ‘the world is a better place without Joe Ryan.’” Annie also noticed, “There was also a lot of tension between Tylee and Lori” (KSLTV).

24 May 2018 –After visiting Lori and Tylee, JR’s sister Annie texts her daughter: “It was absolutely exhausting. I dealt with so many lies, even with little things. I think [Lori’s] unhinged and untethered from truth” and “Lolo was crazy. I saw a dark side of her when I was there that makes me question some of her claims” and “I regret going down there. She may be a sociopath.” And “Way More. That’s what makes me feel Lori was a sociopath. To her, this was all a game. She had no empathy for the suffering anyone else was experiencing, including Tylee” (KSLTV).

After May 2018Tylee’s aunt Annie was so shaken that she decided to cut ties with Lori. “I just left exhausted from the constant campaigning [against Joseph Ryan] and Lolo’s out-of-control ego. But I feel trapped. I connected with Tylee but don’t want anything to do with Lolo ever again.” Annie said in a text message to her daughter. That visit was the last time Annie ever saw Tylee (KSLTV).

Then there was another source, perhaps the latest Dateline?, where we heard that Colby moved back to AZ from Hawaii, I think when he was about 19, which would have been around 2015. I mention this because it could be an indication (and I think I detected something left unsaid when I watched it) that there was a tension which may have contributed to his move. Certainly he indicated something about Lori not wanting anything to do with him when he met his girlfriend and I think Keith said something along the lines of Lori behaving more like a girlfriend than a mother and Colby agreed. Whatever it was that happened at that time, I think it shows that Lori was unsettled.

They moved to Hawaii around the end of 2014 and then back to AZ in early 2017. Again I think that shows Lori was not content with her life.

In Jan 2019 Charles said this -

CV: She’s not here, she’s lost her reality.
O: Is this just all recent or has it been going on?
CV: It’s been going on for about 4 or 5 years, it’s gotten really, really bad lately.

Which goes back to 2014/5.

Then there's this in the timeline -

Lori’s friend says in a Dec 2019 interview that Lori first became “obsessed” with Chad’s books about 4 years ago. [my note - 2015]
JJ’s grandmother, KW says in a 30 Jan 2020 presser that she believes Lori & Chad may have met in 2016 or 2017.

I say the indications are that Lori started looking outside her marriage around 2014/15. Not necessarily for an affair but for something new - she lacked drama and conflict after 8/9 years of marriage. Those hadn't been quiet years of marriage either, there were court hearings and custody battles and the odd psych. evaluation, as well as JJ's formal adoption in 2014 as a two year old. Big moves, mainland to island, then back to mainland, especially knowing how much Lori loves Hawaii, likely signal a problem she was trying to fix.

I'd go with Charles' observations. He doesn't describe her as hitting rock-bottom, but in approx 2015 he noticed a concerning change that he was able to pinpoint 4 years later, and that sounds to me like a crisis point. April confirms that is when Lori developed an obsession, and Colby leaving could be to get away from family problems, even though he had a new baby brother. He said wtte that he thought it strange that they would adopt JJ at this time in their lives. The circumstances were different in that the opportunity for adoption presented itself, but with Lori indulging a new obsession so soon after adopting JJ, and moving to AZ when JJ was 4 1/2, it does make me think that her heart wasn't in the place that people around her thought it was. I think Colby said early on (his interview with Justin Lum) that Tylee was more or less competing with Charles to parent JJ (my words not his). He didn't say competing with Lori. I think she just has always been able to fool people, even those closest to her, and people including family are dispensible to her. Colby being a case in point. Ian wrote that she abandoned Melani. People who knew her don't recognize her now, Colby, April, Kay and Larry, Annie...and I think it's because she dropped the pretense. It stopped serving her because she wanted to leave them all behind and start afresh, and she did what she is good at, instead of taking responsibility she had to create fault in others. Charles was a cheat or possessed, Kay was threatening her, JJ was her niece's drug-baby, JR was an abuser.

I thought it was very interesting that Summer said -

"She’s made a lot of mistakes and she’s paid high prices for those mistakes. She is a very humble person. She doesn’t blame other people, she takes responsibility for herself."

It doesn't tally with the Lori we've seen on bodycam footage and in police reports, and running away. It's a whitewash. Which is very silly with the evidence now out there.

moo

And on another of your discussions above, I KNOW what Annie Cushing went through. I had a SIL so much like Lori.

This SIL had a way of making you feel empathetic with all her woes, and what others were doing to her, and could just make you feel sooo sorry for her. When I realized how much were lies... I just felt like such stupid dufus.

It was hard to admit that I had been so taken in, when so much of the damage had been conducted by her, not all the others. There are people who just know how to seduce people into extreme empath response.

And with April's and Charles' words about how far back the obsession with Chad Daybell books, or the "Utah people", I just wish someone would come out of the woodwork to tell us when their relationship started.
BBM. Julie Rowe had business dealings with Chad since 2014 and became friends with him and Tammy. She said that Chad met Lori in September or October 2018. I think it's possible that they met at an event before that, but I doubt they started and affair much earlier, because Julie would have known.

We have Annie Cushing's account of Lori's behavior in May 2018, when she went to stay to support Tylee after Joe's death.

May 2018 – Lori asks JR’s sister Annie (Tylee’s aunt) to visit AZ to support Tylee. “I decided to put my personal feelings aside about not being told about Joe’s death and I flew out there, hoping to connect with Tylee,” Annie said. When Annie arrived in AZ, Lori discouraged Tylee from mourning her father’s death. “When I got there, it was as if, nothing had happened,” Annie said. “People were hardly talking about Joe and when Lori did, the tenor was — she would actually say, ‘the world is a better place without Joe Ryan.’” Annie also noticed, “There was also a lot of tension between Tylee and Lori” (KSLTV).

24 May 2018 –After visiting Lori and Tylee, JR’s sister Annie texts her daughter: “It was absolutely exhausting. I dealt with so many lies, even with little things. I think [Lori’s] unhinged and untethered from truth” and “Lolo was crazy. I saw a dark side of her when I was there that makes me question some of her claims” and “I regret going down there. She may be a sociopath.” And “Way More. That’s what makes me feel Lori was a sociopath. To her, this was all a game. She had no empathy for the suffering anyone else was experiencing, including Tylee” (KSLTV).

After May 2018Tylee’s aunt Annie was so shaken that she decided to cut ties with Lori. “I just left exhausted from the constant campaigning [against Joseph Ryan] and Lolo’s out-of-control ego. But I feel trapped. I connected with Tylee but don’t want anything to do with Lolo ever again.” Annie said in a text message to her daughter. That visit was the last time Annie ever saw Tylee (KSLTV).

Then there was another source, perhaps the latest Dateline?, where we heard that Colby moved back to AZ from Hawaii, I think when he was about 19, which would have been around 2015. I mention this because it could be an indication (and I think I detected something left unsaid when I watched it) that there was a tension which may have contributed to his move. Certainly he indicated something about Lori not wanting anything to do with him when he met his girlfriend and I think Keith said something along the lines of Lori behaving more like a girlfriend than a mother and Colby agreed. Whatever it was that happened at that time, I think it shows that Lori was unsettled.

They moved to Hawaii around the end of 2014 and then back to AZ in early 2017. Again I think that shows Lori was not content with her life.

CV: It’s been going on for about 4 or 5 years, it’s gotten really, really bad lately.

Lori’s friend says in a Dec 2019 interview that Lori first became “obsessed” with Chad’s books about 4 years ago. [my note - 2015]
JJ’s grandmother, KW says in a 30 Jan 2020 presser that she believes Lori & Chad may have met in 2016 or 2017.

I say the indications are that Lori started looking outside her marriage around 2014/15. Not necessarily for an affair but for something new - she lacked drama and conflict after 8/9 years of marriage. Those hadn't been quiet years of marriage either, there were court hearings and custody battles and the odd psych. evaluation, as well as JJ's formal adoption in 2014 as a two year old. Big moves, mainland to island, then back to mainland, especially knowing how much Lori loves Hawaii, likely signal a problem she was trying to fix.

I'd go with Charles' observations. He doesn't describe her as hitting rock-bottom, but in approx 2015 he noticed a concerning change that he was able to pinpoint 4 years later, and that sounds to me like a crisis point. April confirms that is when Lori developed an obsession, and Colby leaving could be to get away from family problems, even though he had a new baby brother. He said wtte that he thought it strange that they would adopt JJ at this time in their lives. The circumstances were different in that the opportunity for adoption presented itself, but with Lori indulging a new obsession so soon after adopting JJ, and moving to AZ when JJ was 4 1/2, it does make me think that her heart wasn't in the place that people around her thought it was. I think Colby said early on (his interview with Justin Lum) that Tylee was more or less competing with Charles to parent JJ (my words not his). He didn't say competing with Lori. I think she just has always been able to fool people, even those closest to her, and people including family are dispensible to her. Colby being a case in point. Ian wrote that she abandoned Melani. People who knew her don't recognize her now, Colby, April, Kay and Larry, Annie...and I think it's because she dropped the pretense. It stopped serving her because she wanted to leave them all behind and start afresh, and she did what she is good at, instead of taking responsibility she had to create fault in others. Charles was a cheat or possessed, Kay was threatening her, JJ was her niece's drug-baby, JR was an abuser.

"She’s made a lot of mistakes and she’s paid high prices for those mistakes. She is a very humble person. She doesn’t blame other people, she takes responsibility for herself."

It doesn't tally with the Lori we've seen on bodycam footage and in police reports, and running away. It's a whitewash. Which is very silly with the evidence now out there.

moo
Add to this, Charles's sons termed their relationship with Lori as an "acquaintance," even though they spent considerable time in their home in HI. She's more "friends" with her kids than a mom, superficial with others. At a minimum it signals immaturity.

And I can so relat

moo

dbm

BBM. Julie Rowe had business dealings with Chad since 2014 and became friends with him and Tammy. She said that Chad met Lori in September or October 2018. I think it's possible that they met at an event before that, but I doubt they started and affair much earlier, because Julie would have known.

I still bet there was an 'email affair' much longer.......... ohhhh i hope they have her digital records...

Really outstanding post after outstanding post pointing out all the obvious inconsistencies, lies and misdirection from Lolo’s mouth pieces. How they can sit there with straight faces, grins while scoffing at the charges is abhorrent. I really hope they read websleuths. They are beyond busted. Well done all.

I’m wondering when the last time mom or sis actually saw Lolo in person? Never mind JJ and seeing him without the dog, which is unlikely, but actually seeing her? My guess is a long time.

moo

Wow, I somehow managed to miss Annie's texts there... this is quite telling.

I also agree that if we assume Lori's relationships with some of these people have been going on for years, in addition to Lori giving people retroactive warning signs for years that she was anything but a "perfect mother", everything becomes a lot clearer for the previous naysayers, IMO. It's one thing to contemplate people changing 180 degrees in eighteen months; it's quite another thing to contemplate them changing so over 5-6 years.

Imo it’s possible Chad never shared everything with Julie Rowe. Imo the Lori emails or relationship for that matter would be secretive enough to keep from sharing.

Really outstanding post after outstanding post pointing out all the obvious inconsistencies, lies and misdirection from Lolo’s mouth pieces. How they can sit there with straight faces, grins while scoffing at the charges is abhorrent. I really hope they read websleuths. They are beyond busted. Well done all.

I’m wondering when the last time mom or sis actually saw Lolo in person? Never mind JJ and seeing him without the dog, which is unlikely, but actually seeing her? My guess is a long time.
I think their interviews were an attempt to change perception of the general public that don't know much about Lori's case. Perhaps some of their false statements will be addressed in court.

Unlikely that this has any bearing on this case. Just another mirror to provide more distraction. The same with the religious beliefs. Side issues.

Main issue, two children are gone. Lori and Chad Daybell went to Hawaii for a new relationship without children. The "disappearance" of the children was deliberately planned, premeditated. It is obvious that Lori did not report the children missing, not a crime. It is a crime to continue to collect Social Security benefits for children not in your legal and physical custody. Especially if LVD was not paying anyone else for their care.

LVD can continue to say nothing. No evidence that the children are dead. At least she can be put away for a very long time for not supporting her children.

I hope that this drains every penny from Chad's nest egg of Tammy's death insurance benefits.

Perhaps. But there are no indications of bottomness for at least 10 years before 2018. That seems a long time before any trauma to have happened

I can tell you from personal experience that hitting rock bottom in the emotional, spiritual, and psychological sense doesn't have to be directly connected to any conditions in the external world. In my case, it happened after I was comfortable and happy and finally had the security to begin to process some previous trauma and personal issues.

One scenario I can see with LV is that after CV converted, she realized her own faith was lacking. And when she went to try to recover it, she found the fake cult thing rather than real faith.

So because there is no evidence the kids have come to harm, they are ok. Is that what you are saying? She has been given a court order to produce the kids and has not done so. That is the offence. There is nothing to show she is supporting them. She could produce evidence that they are alive and that she is supporting them.
She is definitely guilty of violating the court order but that is a misdemeanor.

My only point is that the felony charge of not supporting her kids can only be proven by absence of evidence. If the police did not look hard enough then they may have missed, say, cash payments Lori made to someone to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly