Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VINELink
LORI N VALLOW
Custody Record
jpeg

Age46
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
ID: Madison County Sheriff's Office
ID Number174174
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody DetailMadison County Detention Center

*Marking my place ...Remember a lifetime ago when we all lost our minds thinking she was going to post bail both in Hawaii and in Rexburg. I continue to watch Idaho Repository and VineLink for Chad to get a file going.

Also, something else I’m curious about: if it was a calculated move on Lori’s part, then she had plans to move in on him prior to this all happening. If that is the case, then how long was Lori planning this? And when did Lori first get the idea to persue Chad? And is Lori really behind everything despite what MG mentioned in her interviews? All jmo
IIRC, Lori started reading Chad's books in 2016/2017 (I cant remember for sure) and became fascinated with him and the books per her friend AR.
The LVD became more obsessed with these books and beliefs and met CD and things started to change per AR.
I think it went all down hill from there, once they met, they collaborated on how they could be together, get rid of anyone and everyone in their way. JMO
Search for missing Idaho children reveals "no sign of life, no sign of death" - CBS News

Lori and Melanie were still quite connected via their podcasts, however. The series of these podcasts raise more interesting questions in my mind. Melanie was basically the owner/leader of these podcasts. Why was SHE missing in action all through Oct and Nov? We know how busy Lori and Chad were...

This is the batch in and around that critical month of Sept 2019:
7/02/2019 Melanie, Lori and one other woman
8/22/2019 Melanie and Lori

8/30/2019 Chad, Warwick and two others
9/07/2019 Melanie and Lori
9/16/ 2019 Chad, Lori and Melanie

11/29/2019 First since 9/16, and none of our POIs

I tried to go back to the timeline to find the date of Chad's trip to Mesa, and couldn't find it. (can you provide, @Tortoise) Are we 1000% sure Melanie's visit to Rexburg was the day before JJ went missing??? IF they work together before they do the podcasts, the weekend of 14-16 would make more sense.
CD went to Mesa AZ on 9/19/19 the same day that MG went to Idaho to visit LVD
MG stayed in ID from 9/19-9/23
9/23 is the last day JJ was seen (at Kennedy elementary School)
**Note -- the babysitter babysat JJ on 9/19
LVD tells babysitter on 9/24--the day AFTER MG leaves to go back home, that babysitter service no longer needed as JJ had gone to stay with his grandma and that she (Lori) was in Hawaii.
Also-- Tylee's Birthday 9/24

I’m not entirely sure this is relevant, but this is another event from the Sept ‘19 timeline that I haven’t seen mentioned. This would place CD in Utah on the Tuesday before MG’s weekend in Rexburg visit and his flight to AZ, if I’m not mistaken. (Francis is a small town in Summit County, UT.)

When the story first broke in December and I looked up CD’s name (I had never heard of him), this popped up on my search because a friend of mine in the area had posted an invitation for anyone to attend. (I have no idea if the event actually took place, as I did not attend, but it was posted on 9/17/19; so the actual day of the event.)

(Edited to change full name to initials and add MOO. Rookie mistakes.)

Edit2-correct day of week to Tuesday.
IIRC, CD cancelled this.

He had been going to UTAH to meet with filmmaker about a project to turn one of his books into a movie but did not answer and calls/texts from filmmaker AFTER 9/23 and the project is now cancelled.

This seems like as good a time as any to run an idea past fellow websleuths..
This link is to a book, an early (1884) publication associated with the LDS church (Deseret News). Within this book is the text of the vision that set off the whole "white tents in mountains" idea that all these prepper/visionary groups glom onto.
In addition to that entry there are FOUR articles about Yellowstone, describing different locations within the park. This to me, for some reason, sets of that "hinky meter" that is always talked about.
Another entry, and this just can't be coincidental, is titled "Reflections in the Graveyard". Although it is a somber poem, of completely different quality than Chad's schmucky book, the coincidental title is just.. bizarre.
Anyway, I was curious if anyone thinks that maybe Chad had access to these older church publications (of course he would) and he kind of got obsessed about parts of them (like the visions). What if he really wanted to retrace the steps of the past? What if he told Lori that she and the kids needed to go back to those places at Yellowstone for some reason? I am having a hard time articulating my thoughts adequately about this, but I was hoping someone else might help me comb through possible clues in the book about Yellowstone.

The Contributor : representing the Young Men's and Young Ladies' Mutual Improvement Associations of the Latter-day Saints. v.5 (1883/84).

BBM
Well, CD did write a book and named the title " One Foot in the Grave" YIKES.
So maybe he got the idea from the Graveyard entry, plus the fact that he worked in graveyards.
Very coincidental.

honestly, i still don't know how to get to Version 8. I go to the first page of the current thread, and I still see no version 8???? Help if you can, thanks....
Just click on the link that was provided -- the one you quoted.
That is Version 8

I suppose so. I seesaw on this.

There are two possibilities - either they're dead and she murdered them in some capacity, because a mother wouldn't fail to report their murders otherwise, or they're alive and she's not caring for them. The second possibility seems so absurd, that children would just disappear and the parent behave in the way she is, in every respect as if they don't exist. I suppose the only upside I can see is that the state can't be accused of going in heavy handed and assuming the worst and laying the highest charges, so she is being given the benefit of the doubt by this route. The prosecutor does have that argument available - if the state can't establish life is she arguing the appropriate charges would be murder?

It doesn't seem to force the issue of life though, and if she stays silent and accepts a prison term, it a/ makes murder even more likely and b/ seems to be an inversion of justice for the children, whereas if she were charged with murder she at least gets to prove they are alive to defend herself, can't claim an injustice, and it does seem to align more with the circumstantial evidence.

I have to wonder if the prosecutor accepting the delays requested by the defense sees it as more time to get a robust murder case together.

MOO

I agree its an interesting theoretical question as a Crimes exam question - can the charge actually stand up if she did murder the kids as a real possibility?

I think as a practical question in a trial, it is too theoretical, because the defence need to get death on the table as a real issue - which means evidence. Like the "hiding" theory - it will fall down because the defence would need to produce actual witness evidence.

IMO that is the bind because if they start producing a version, they paint themselves in to a corner on the inbound murder charges

Guys all the shirts on the poles leading to Chads house are gone :( there’s only the one on the metal sign left.
What day is garbage day on that street? I hope someone (LEO perhaps?) captures photographs of those tee shirts in Chad's toter bin! I think that picture would speak volumes in this case JMO

ETA - sry replied before I read the power company stuff.

Last edited:
I'd say someone needs to put up more. This is about missing children and hope the power company didn't take them down.
Where I agree, idk if they needed approval prior or if it makes a difference if it was out in the country vs the city. I know in town you can post garage sale signs on them. Maybe someone knows more about why they were taken down. The main power company here is closed right now (atleast for basic business type calls) otherwise I’d just call and ask. All jmo

Lori's Defense Response filed 6/1/2020.
Oh, Good Grief !!
I can already see how this court day is going to go IF LVD gets on the stand.
Her attorney's answers are basically saying that they are not going to answer.
Kind of like LVD pleading the 5th on every question asked.
This is going to be a mess, IMO
I hope for the sake of JJ and Tylee that the prosecutors can get answers needed to find them, even though I don't believe they are still alive but at least say what happened and where they are.

What day is garbage day on that street? I hope someone (LEO perhaps?) captures photographs of those tee shirts in Chad's toter bin! I think that picture would speak volumes in this case JMO

ETA - sry replied before I read the power company stuff.
No problem :) not sure on the day they have trash pick up. But there’s a couple different companies in the area that I know who does pick up.

CD went to Mesa AZ on 9/19/19 the same day that MG went to Idaho to visit LVD
MG stayed in ID from 9/19-9/23
9/23 is the last day JJ was seen (at Kennedy elementary School)
**Note -- the babysitter babysat JJ on 9/19
LVD tells babysitter on 9/24--the day AFTER MG leaves to go back home, that babysitter service no longer needed as JJ had gone to stay with his grandma and that she (Lori) was in Hawaii.
Also-- Tylee's Birthday 9/24

Did MG fly into IF? It is a small airport and has very limited flights in and out (ie: one time per day to certain cities). There are only a couple of airlines that fly into IF as well. I am wondering what time MG might have flown out on 9/23 and what time LVD spoke w/sitter about JJ. I believe this may be the window of time they might be looking at cellphone data, GPS, etc. Was there a GPS tracker on the vehicle they were driving?

Oh, Good Grief !!
I can already see how this court day is going to go IF LVD gets on the stand.
Her attorney's answers are basically saying that they are not going to answer.
Kind of like LVD pleading the 5th on every question asked.
This is going to be a mess, IMO
I hope for the sake of JJ and Tylee that the prosecutors can get answers needed to find them, even though I don't believe they are still alive but at least say what happened and where they are.
Imo I hope Lori slips up and cracks under the pressure if she takes the stand (and I hope she does).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61