Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to write this, but I think JJ was done for the moment LV learned that CV had changed the beneficiary designation on his life insurance and had likely also verified through the company that, even as CV's wife in a community property state, she would not be receiving a check without extensive investigation. Within weeks, LV had returned JJ's service dog to its trainer, disenrolled JJ from the school he'd always known and where he was valued, loaded TR and JJ up, and moved out of state. I think he was only kept alive long enough for her to establish an address and enroll him in school so as to appear to be taking care of him to keep the checks rolling in, but under the less watchful eyes of strangers who didn't know him, didn't know about the recent loss of his father to the violence of his uncle and mother, and wouldn't be following up if he disappeared. JJ was killed so the checks she was getting as a caretaker of a special needs adopted child would keep coming in. She was NEVER going to let those checks - the consolation prize after the $1 million was lost - be transferred to KW & LW as they would have been had JJ gone to live with them.
First time posting, long time follower of this case. You point out something concerning to me. If KW recieved the insurance money, what process (if any) was in place for her to receive custody of JJ? If CV knew his fate would be at the hands of LV and AC, wouldn't there be a contingent game plan, other than "just" the money? Was there a will drawn by CV that stated JJ should reside with KW if anything happened to him? JMO

Yes, I understand and agree to some extent. However, every criminal case has two diametrically opposed sides and both are required to zealously represent their clients (defendant or the state). If a defense lawyer isn't pushing the envelope or overreaching I would question his or her competence. He HAS to do everything in his power to represent her. That's his job and as long as he is acting as her counsel he MUST behave with her interest as his paramount obligation.
Will he be able to defend her though? This is where that giant conflict of interest comes into play. He can't support her and not him since he is also representing him (not this case) and even if he's not representing CD now, wouldn't he have to remove himself from this? Also, isn't there a good chance the judge instructs that?

I need to look again.

Can I just warn people that looking at this photos can be very upsetting. There are bones to be seen. IMP.

https://twitter.com/KimPowellTV/status/1270840982716612610
The attorney representing Lori’s mother and sister, Janis and Summer, as well as her niece, Melani Pawlowski, just released a statement. #azfamily #JJandTylee

3:11 PM · Jun 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Intresting statement. Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else?

Loved them so much that you never reported them missing. Or locked LV in a room until she told you where they were. Or applied for custody.
They spent no time or provided any help in locating these poor children. Refused to work with LE. You should be anxious MBP your potentially next for charges.
Faith and prayers. I don't think anyone needs your type of faith or prayers with the otherside of the veil MBP.

Actually feel disgusted and dirty reading such a LOS. Yes I am sure they are upset. And they miss the children but that statement was ill written and mis judged IMP

Whatever it or that big orange canvas-looking thingy are, I hope CD's and LVD's DNA and fingertip prints, and maybe some of their hair too, are all over them. I hope it takes books full of pages to document all the evidence left there.

Me too. I hope CD buried other evidence as well like a paintball gun and another real gun or two.

Regarding the material in the orange tarp, I'm just not convinced we are looking at bones/remains. If you study the images and aerial footage I haven't been able to find any indication of these materials having such importance or even being studied or looked at. Moreover, the haphazard positioning and location out in the open with planes and helicopters flying over makes me question that they would leave the remains so visible. These two images show a lot of interest in the fire pit and the area of the large excavation. From my experience I just don't believe that such important evidence would be left on a crumpled orange tarp in the open and ignored:

CrimeSceneDaybell.JPG

View attachment 250716

Counsel John Prior has been hired by him as a private atty as shown in screen shot live feed.

ETA: They didn't even want a summary of charges, but the judge said he will summarize. hehehe

Two counts -
1) destructions, alteration or concealment of evidence.. max charge is up to 5 years or 10k fine. 8sep19 to 9june2020 Defendent on ... did conceal human remains knowing that remains would be felony..... etc etc.
2) same

ETA: Prelim July 1/2, State requests bail at 1 million - as aggravating factor is that the "remains are children, not yet identified". Defense says nothing to show that he is a flight risk... (*cough*) and they want 50k each....

Judge rules................ bail will be at $1,000,000!!!
Did I hear correctly that one of the children’s burial was particularly upsetting??

First time posting, long time follower of this case. You point out something concerning to me. If KW recieved the insurance money, what process (if any) was in place for her to receive custody of JJ? If CV knew his fate would be at the hands of LV and AC, wouldn't there be a contingent game plan, other than "just" the money? Was there a will drawn by CV that stated JJ should reside with KW if anything happened to him? JMO
In my state you can’t devise children via a Will - you can state your guardianship wishes but if a living parent objects -assuming the two parents are not together -then a judge will eventually decide the guardianship -pre-need guardians are now available too but they don’t apply to children so far
IMO

Again, I wasn’t speaking of her refusing a competency hearing. LE just simply took her word and Alex’s word that Charles attacked Alex and was abusive to Lori. Nothing was further from the truth.

IMP, Lori isn’t mentally ill
Respectfully, if LE had taken him seriously in January, instead of brushing him off, taking sides, and essentially coaching Lori on how to get around being taken in for a mental exam, there is a very good chance we wouldnt even be discussing this. He reported her threats many times and could not get anyone to listen. They most certainly let him down before his death (I'm not even sure I understand how they can let him down afterwards, as you say you meant). Now the children, yes LE and social services let them down following CV's death, in not investigating the clearly unhinged and dysfunctional parent they were left with. Moo
edit:typos

Last edited:
Can I just warn people that looking at this photos can be very upsetting. There are bones to be seen. IMP.

Intresting statement. Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else?

Loved them so much that you never reported them missing. Or locked LV in a room until she told you where they were. Or applied for custody.
They spent no time or provided any help in locating these poor children. Refused to work with LE. You should be anxious MBP your potentially next for charges.
Faith and prayers. I don't think anyone needs your type of faith or prayers with the otherside of the veil MBP.

Actually feel disgusted and dirty reading such a LOS. Yes I am sure they are upset. And they miss the children but that statement was ill written and mis judged IMP

IMO we don't know what we're looking at. I just cannot believe human remains would be laid out in the open with helicopters and drones overhead. At the least, another canopy tent would have been put over them. Jmo

And the family didn't say the quiet part out loud "glad we got in there with our plausible denialability before this hit the fan" IMO the next statement will be something along the lines of "Lolo? Who?"

This is the same law firm that is representing Melani in her custody case and had the press conference accusing Brandon of all sorts of things. At one point a document was filed (maybe a ses and desist) against these attorneys and both their wives were named...This all makes sense to me now and are probably friends of the family and everyone is on a retainer MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter