Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court TV is covering the Presser.

ETA: Looks like this was from YESTERDAY. Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: osu
And the family didn't say the quiet part out loud "glad we got in there with our plausible denialability before this hit the fan" IMO the next statement will be something along the lines of "Lolo? Who?"

Their statement basically says they don’t think Lori had anything to do with it, without actually saying that. Notice how Chads brothers statement acknowledges that they know Chad played a role in the kids death. The Cox’s statement does nothing of the sort. They are in deep denial. I do feel bad for them in a way. Or at least for Janis, Barry, and Summer because I do not think they knew what was going on. MBP and IP, not so much. It’s a big family of enablers unfortunately. MOO

Can I just warn people that looking at this photos can be very upsetting. There are bones to be seen. IMP.

Intresting statement. Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else?

Loved them so much that you never reported them missing. Or locked LV in a room until she told you where they were. Or applied for custody.
They spent no time or provided any help in locating these poor children. Refused to work with LE. You should be anxious MBP your potentially next for charges.
Faith and prayers. I don't think anyone needs your type of faith or prayers with the otherside of the veil MBP.

Actually feel disgusted and dirty reading such a LOS. Yes I am sure they are upset. And they miss the children but that statement was ill written and mis judged IMP

Glad to know I’m not the only one who had this response to their statement. It’s on attorney letterhead, as though they need to stay one step away.

Contrast that to the very real statement put out by Matt and Heather Daybell.

If you look in the area where the man is looking into the dug out area there is a bone sticking straight up. That's what it looks like to me, jmo
ETA sorry wrong pic cant see it in these will look at other pics and repost

Also, note the bricks to the side on the dirt. Where did those come from? Jmo

So LV is clearly done now.

She can't have failed to notice her kids were missing. And they turned up in Chad's yard.

Any cut throat defence would have to be an attempt to blame the other for the murder, and being an accessory after the fact. But very difficult to see that working.

Likewise any attempt to blame a 3rd party.

They will be prosecuted as parties to murder. The state does not need to show who in particular did the deed.

Will he be able to defend her though? This is where that giant conflict of interest comes into play. He can't support her and not him since he is also representing him (not this case) and even if he's not representing CD now, wouldn't he have to remove himself from this? Also, isn't there a good chance the judge instructs that?

It is unlikely he will continue to represent CD given that he has a separate attorney who appeared for him. Attorneys often represent multiple defendants and will step aside when a true conflict arises. At this point, however, it is primarily up to CD and LD to decide who they want to represent them. They could both share an attorney provided they understand and accept the likelihood of a conflict. It is a separate matter whether a lawyer will act for both, however. He has a code of professional responsibility that requires him to step aside if a conflict does arise. My guess is that he will continue representing LD and no longer act on behalf of CD.

Can I just warn people that looking at this photos can be very upsetting. There are bones to be seen. IMP.

Intresting statement. Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else?

Agreed! Smoke and mirrors. They did not want them looked for. They did not help. They did not express concern. MP lived next door and didn't bother to ask about them? Thanking those that looked for them when they didn't want anyone to look because of supposed threats? Thanking fake well-wishers for their prayers? Nice try. Their behavior and public comments aligned them with the murders. They are pretending to be victims to avoid being looked at as co-conspirators and active participants. The statement is offensive to the family that searched and fought for them. It is offensive to the LE and private citizens that searched and fought for them. How embarrassing for the lawyers that had to write it.

If you look in the area where the man is looking into the dug out area there is a bone sticking straight up. That's what it looks like to me, jmo
ETA sorry wrong pic cant see it in these will look at other pics and repost
I can tell you it would be an extraordinary breach of protocol in a high profile case with helicopters and planes overhead for identifiable remains to be left uncovered. Almost certainly the remains were photographed and LIDAR scanned under cover and then removed. I can't imagine being able to see identifiable bones in the open on a crime scene like this. Forensic technicians are emphatically instructed to NOT allow such sensitive evidence to be uncovered and left open for press photographs.

First time posting, long time follower of this case. You point out something concerning to me. If KW recieved the insurance money, what process (if any) was in place for her to receive custody of JJ? If CV knew his fate would be at the hands of LV and AC, wouldn't there be a contingent game plan, other than "just" the money? Was there a will drawn by CV that stated JJ should reside with KW if anything happened to him? JMO
Welcome Surfy76 to WS!

First time posting, long time follower of this case. You point out something concerning to me. If KW recieved the insurance money, what process (if any) was in place for her to receive custody of JJ? If CV knew his fate would be at the hands of LV and AC, wouldn't there be a contingent game plan, other than "just" the money? Was there a will drawn by CV that stated JJ should reside with KW if anything happened to him? JMO

I don't think there was a process because CV could not set up such a process by himself. A father cannot will away the rights of the mother regarding the children they share; LV was JJ's adopted mother and had the same parental rights as CV did as JJ's adopted father. Despite CV's best efforts to appeal to those in positions of authority for help (both police and mental health authorities), CV could not demonstrate the very high risk LV posed to the children's safety and well-being. And LV fooled them when she went in for her mental evaluation.

So, I think CV just hoped that, once LV learned there was no $1 million payout to be gained from his own death, LV would abandon JJ just as she had when she left CV and JJ for 58 days. He didn't count on LV's spite toward KW and LV's determination to limit her losses by keeping her hands on the monthly caretaking income for JJ.

I can tell you it would be an extraordinary breach of protocol in a high profile case with helicopters and planes overhead for identifiable remains to be left uncovered. Almost certainly the remains were photographed and LIDAR scanned under cover and then removed. I can't imagine being able to see identifiable bones in the open on a crime scene like this. Forensic technicians are emphatically instructed to NOT allow such sensitive evidence to be uncovered and left open for press photographs.

Good point and I respect your expertise. Mine is in Nursing not forensics. That said, these photos were taken by a drone that a neighbor sent up. Possibly the technicians were less vigilant because they knew the roads were blocked; press kept a mile away and no helicopters in the area at the time. It's a big crime scene with enough work that in the end it took 2 full days. JMO but if the technicians did commit that extraordinary breach of protocol, they were still much more competent and professional than the Gilbert PD

I don't believe there was any process for KW to receive custody of JJ. CV can't legally will that JJ should reside with KW, since Lori legally was JJ's adoptive mother. Presumably CV believed Lori would voluntarily give up custody of JJ to KW, as Lori didn't seem to be very interested in taking care of JJ at the end of CV's and Lori's marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!