Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link:

“We had never noticed a lot of big fires, as far as the Daybells having big fires like that,” said Matt Price. “They had a big bonfire in the fall ... not long after Tammy had died. ... It was 10 feet high, pretty wide, pretty big.”

That is a big fire.
What were they burning that big?! Did Chad clear some brush/debris from his land? Is his land undeveloped and he needed to remove trees, bushes, vines?

I am still stuck on the motorhome thing. IIRC the permits were requested in March. Just before shutdowns for Covid, not sure if that played a role in delaying things but maybe CD was thinking he could put a motor home up on the property for one of his kids and cover the burial site. Inspectors go out with an undercover FBI agent for permits. Sunken terrain, odor of decomp, etc that could have tipped them off. Aerial photography also supports their suspicions - warrant requested to bring in ground penetrating radar & cadaver dogs to look for remains (as they had always planned).

This whole motorhome idea appears to have come up after LVD was arrested & returned from Hawaii. Because from what I can figure, CD & LVD planned to not return to Idaho and live in Paradise sans children & responsibilities forever and the afterlife. Strange to want to have the motor home because he didn't appear to want to move LV into that home initially - couldn't because they were still hiding the fact they got married. When the kids realized for whatever reason, that there would not be 2 residences (ie: home & motorhome) they planned to move out by mid june?
speculations . . .
jmo
I must have missed the motor home discussion. I thought he was buying a permanent large trailer and that is why he was going to put a large concrete pad down.

Did LE go around and ask neighbors if they saw anything unusual? The first bonfire was in the fall. Why wait until somebody reports? Usually LE goes around asking questions.
Because LE did not know the kids were missing until KW called and asked for a welfare check. That was at the end of November. So a bonfire in the fall wouldn’t have sparked concern. It’s now hindsight to neighbors that those bon fires could have been related to the missing kids. Of course, the date(s) of the fire(s) in the fall are unknown, at least to us.

Chapter 44 – Idaho State Legislature
Sealed search warrant - Wikipedia
What Is a Sealed Warrant?
I.C.A.R. 32. Records of The Judicial Department - Examination and Copying - Exemption From and Limitations on Disclosure. | Supreme Court
I was curious about the warrents. This is what I found. Did they just have a search warrant or an arrest warrant for CD also? I don't remember reading about it anywhere. Only a search warrant. If there was a sealed warrant of arrest it will be made public in 180 days. A sealed search warrant can be seal permanently it looks like to me. Someone may know better than I.
What’s been sealed is the probable cause document for Chad’s arrest. They referred to certain sections of it during his hearing (the part where DA says the treatment of one of the bodies was particularly egregious).

I'm a few pages behind so....I just had a (vision) I wonder if IP could have found out something new about the kids location and he reported it to LE. I can see him not wanting MP to know as well as the rest of the Cox family. That could be the reason for the sealed warrant. I still hold out hope IP would do the right thing if it doesnt hurt MP legally. I dont think he would disclose anything if it affected her.
If it wasnt IP, I think it could be one of CDs kids , one who has a strong belief in what's right and what's wrong. Jmo

Honestly, ABC News doesn’t know any more than us. They had a discussion about it in the news room, and decided to blur it out to CYA.

Maybe yes, maybe no. With a background in news, I can say it is not uncommon for LE to call and ask for compromising info to be removed from stories. The particular media company will make the call. This happened to me on breaking news. I'd think the same for photos. JMO MOO

Totally agree. I think there are a few out there. I can not imagine being in fear of who was going to be around your kids to this level and then fighting in the courts to protect them. Same with Brandon. The details will be interesting when this all goes to trial.MOO
As with CV’s boys, their mom, and stepdad (who went with them to LV’s hearing-says a lot about his character). CV’s sons have lost their dad and 2 step siblings in this. They made the trip from TX to Rexburg.

Very interesting that the amended order to seal changed that sealing “may” be necessary for the safety of others to “is necessary”. Now I really wonder who they think is in danger and what made them decide the danger is definite as opposed to merely possible.

BBM, I am catching up but I want to come back to this.

I must have missed the motor home I thought he was buying a double wide trailer. With a permanent trailer the cement pad made sense. He wouldn’t need a pad with a motor home.
Sorry for my use of words
trailer houses, motor homes, mobile homes, all kinda run together for me Either way - he was getting permitting to place it there (I don't know if wheels stay on it or not)

Maybe yes, maybe no. With a background in news, I can say it is not uncommon for LE to call and ask for compromising info to be removed from stories. The particular media company will make the call. This happened to me on breaking news. I'd think the same for photos. JMO MOO

Of course. But I know how lawyers breathe down the neck of news directors these days. They err on the side of caution so they won’t get a lawsuit. I know if a news director saw this, he would say blur it out.

I'm a few pages behind so....I just had a (vision) I wonder if IP could have found out something new about the kids location and he reported it to LE. I can see him not wanting MP to know as well as the rest of the Cox family. That could be the reason for the sealed warrant. I still hold out hope IP would do the right thing if it doesnt hurt MP legally. I dont think he would disclose anything if it affected her.
If it wasnt IP, I think it could be one of CDs kids , one who has a strong belief in what's right and what's wrong. Jmo
My thought, too, about IP and MP, based on who could still be dangerous & isn't in custody. Could MP have threatened unborn baby if IP went to LE? Maybe baby needs protection. MOO

Is there another, more official source for this claim than the neighbor?

Unless we hear something from an official source, I’m not going to assume the neighbor’s report had much to do with the issuance of the warrant.

The neighbor means well, but his account of the warrant is vague and second or third hand. And fires are so common out there it doesn’t seem remotely plausible that reports of a fire alone could get anyone to sign a warrant. We just need more info, ideally from an official source.
He was on a live channel (fox I think) yesterday being interviewed. It could be just more info coming out of the media PR he had in front of multiple news stations.

Of course. But I know how lawyers breathe down the neck of news directors these days. They err on the side of caution so they won’t get a lawsuit. I know if a news director saw this, he would say blur it out.

Maybe different in broadcast, my experience is print/digital. Lawyers generally on payroll to resist pressure, IMO. ETA: It could easily be either explanation - abundance of caution or LE ask. JMO always.

Last edited:
While everyone is discussing a mysterious orange item at the dig site, I wanted to bring over these photos from the media thread from back in Feb, focusing on the last photo showing multiple totes in the back of Alex's truck. I believe Dateline is the only place this image of the truck was shown. Any ideas on what the orange thing on top of the green and black tote could be?

A few images that were new to us from Feb 14 2020 Dateline Episode.
The first three images are of Lori placing a heavy tote into the unit on the day she signed the contract (Oct 1). She carries it in, sets it down and then drags it into the unit. The last photo has no date but shows a variety of totes and items in the back of Alex's truck. These came from about 1 hours and 17 minutes into the dateline Episode (or the very last segment if looking at the commercial breaks): https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/where-are-the-children/4114704

upload_2020-2-20_12-32-46-png.233409

upload_2020-2-20_12-34-42-png.233410

upload_2020-2-20_12-38-49-png.233411

upload_2020-2-20_12-29-51-png.233407

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics