Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... it is a helpful thing to have you going back through the timeline. I had forgotten all about that! I just searched my screenshots and I knew I had one of that bag. This is from the 911 bodycam when CV was shot and it is Alex’s gun bag.
View attachment 251202

Assuming that's a handgun I see near the bag, the scale of that gun bag would be wrong for the bag in the drone photos. Maybe @vislaw can comment on that since he specializes in that sort of thing.

To put it a different way, it looks like you could fit a couple of those 5-gallon buckets into the bag at the search site. The bag in the room with the handgun doesn't look like it would fit anything near that size.

Wow... it is a helpful thing to have you going back through the timeline. I had forgotten all about that! I just searched my screenshots and I knew I had one of that bag. This is from the 911 bodycam when CV was shot and it is Alex’s gun bag.
View attachment 251202
There is a handgun next to the bag for scale. MOO gun bag seems smaller than the orange tarp or bag at the Daybell site.

Assuming that's a handgun I see near the bag, the scale of that gun bag would be wrong for the bag in the drone photos.
There is a handgun next to the bag for scale. MOO gun bag seems smaller than the orange tarp or bag at the Daybell site.

could it be a set of bags, you know when you buy travel bags or such you get like 3 sizes?

under enhancement though the orange thing in the crime scene kind has that shiny matte surface of a sleeping bag type thing you know that plastic fabric

View attachment 251202
Yes! Thank you! I knew I saw it referenced somewhere. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with what we’re seeing but damn it I knew there was an orange bag lol. Thank you!

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

from the above thread we learned this. Thx to @DI_Isokawa
Cars:

Silver Ford F-150 Pickup, AZ license CPQUINT. I now believe that this was indeed the truck that Charles mentions in his divorce petition as having been taken from the airport by Lori, and was later commandeered rather than owned by Alex Cox. Charles bore more than a passing resemblance to the actor Robert Shaw, which would explain the plates. If this truck was instead really owned by Alex Cox then there is a second F-150 associated with the family that has not been mentioned anywhere I can find, and whose present location is unknown. The question can only be resolved by someone with access to AZ DMV records. The truck now appears to be in the possession of law enforcement.

Black Infiniti Qx70 SUV, license unknown. This appears to have been Lori's primary vehicle in Arizona. This is the vehicle that Lori said she was driving when interviewed by the Gilbert police on 31 January 2019. A lapel video just shows the rear of a black Infiniti SUV in the garage of the house where Charles was shot on 11 July 2019. Disposition of this vehicle is unknown. It is possible that the Infiniti was leased, and was turned in or repossessed.

Dark Green Jeep Wrangler, TX license LWD0997 (variously described as Dark Grey or Black). This vehicle has been described in various accounts as "Tylee's Jeep." If it was, it could not have been driven by her earlier than her 16th birthday on Sept. 24th, 2018. I have no explanation why the Jeep has Texas plates when Tylee was an Arizona resident at the time. This vehicle was identified as being involved in the shooting attempt on BB. It was later driven by someone to Rexburg and impounded by police there.

——-

I missed this post the first time around. I could see this resemblance of CV to Robert Shaw of Jaws, thus the CPQuint tag as well. Maybe a reporter will ask someday.

Still leaves the infinity. I’ll search around to see if I can find a judgement or anything to indicate a forfeited vehicle.
I think Tylee got the jeep after Charles died. And slight correction, unless things have changed, she could have had a learner's permit in Arizona at 15 yrs 7 months. Also, even though it was called Tylee's jeep when BB was shot at. I think it was still registered to Charles.

could it be a set of bags, you know when you buy travel bags or such you get like 3 sizes?

under enhancement though the orange thing in the crime scene kind has that shiny matte surface of a sleeping bag type thing you know that plastic fabric
Good point! To me it just stood out yesterday when I saw the reference to the gun and an orange bag and the orange object we were seeing in the pic. But I’m so glad @diggndeeperstill has the photo and I’m glad I haven’t completely lost my mind lol. It may be something it may be nothing.

View attachment 251202

I am on a cell and can’t pull up side by side pics to compare. I wonder if degraded it could be this bag. Or part of a set.
I’m sure someone will be able to do a comparison. It’s certainly beyond my scope. Even if it weren’t 4:05am here and I had the energy to get off the couch and get my laptop lol
Interesting.

I am on a cell and can’t pull up side by side pics to compare. I wonder if degraded it could be this bag. Or part of a set.

i am terrible at google-fu

but possibly someone awesome at it could find us some matching bags or sleepings bags?

I've totally lost track of the relevance about whether Tylee attended BYU? She was most likely murdered by her mother, uncle and/or mother's co-conspirator around the time the BYUI semester started on 9/16 and she turned 17 on 9/24. I know this keeps coming up but I can't figure out how it's supposed to connect to her murder?
I don't think she ever attended. I'm trying to nail down when she died. It was after 9/8 and if she had been admitted to BYU and expected to attend it would have to be before classes started on 9/16. Since she was inelible for admission we only know that she died after 9/8. Yes, we think it was shortly after but we have zero evidence of that. I'm trying to develop objective evidence rather than opinion.

but possibly someone awesome at it could find us some matching bags or sleepings bags?
Yep! Honestly when I go back and look at the pics, the orange object compared to the bucket next to it kind of puts it into perspective for me. When I compare it to the bucket, it really does not seem very large, especially degraded.
But that could just be my tired eyes and optics on my phone.

ETA I don’t even know what google-fu is lol! I thought for a sec you were cussing google out ;)

WARNING—- graphic image

I’ve got a side by side. I think the orange from the burial site is just way too big to be the gun bag. The scale looks to be almost 5-6’ long to me. A 5 gallon bucket is beside it for scale at crime scene.
upload_2020-6-14_3-20-7.png

WARNING—- graphic image

I’ve got a side by side. I think the orange from the burial site is just way too big to be the gun bag. The scale looks to be almost 5-6’ long to me. A 5 gallon bucket is beside it for scale at crime scene.
View attachment 251203
Warning! ——graphic image

I think you’re right. Forgive my lousy pic but something to show you the areas I’m looking at. Could these resemble the black materials on the bag? I have a really big gym bag set. I’d have to measure but one is pretty big.

edited to add warning! I saw yours so figured out I prob should

Attachments

• 6C8FCEA4-CFC6-4689-A67E-73B83049A8CA.jpeg
    6C8FCEA4-CFC6-4689-A67E-73B83049A8CA.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
It will be interesting to hear some opinions on this tomorrow (well, today).
Time to take my almost no longer Covid self to bed. I swear this site will be the death of me! No pun intended it just came out and I’m leaving it.
Thanks for another great day of company, kindness, insights, and sleuthing. Be safe!

Has anyone else wondered how the families, who live states away, were able to "confirm" the remains found on June 9 were those of JJ and Tylee--unless they were already in Rexburg June 9?

This one has tugged at me for a few days. In my search for some answers, I engaged in a full-on search of this case stumbled upon something. And of course spent the rest of the day researching and speculating.

A little background: JJ's grandparent's (Woodcocks) petitioned the court for guardianship/conservatorship of JJ on January 29, 2020. I will refer to this case as the GC case. On the day Lori was arrested, January 30, the court granted temporary custody (Note: To either the state of Idaho or to the Woodcocks; I presume to the Woodcocks). On February 5, an attorney ad litem was appointed to represent JJ in the case.

Court records for this show the following activity:
  • June 4 - Motion filed (court notes verbatim: Motion to Dismiss RE: Petition for Appointment of Guardians and Conservators)
  • June 5 - Notice of Remote Hearing
  • June 5 - Status conference was held June 5, the Woodcocks were present
And as we know, the warrant to search Chad's property was issued on June 5.

This lead me to wonder who would have filed motion to dismiss the case? Why was the motion to dismiss the case filed a day before the warrant was signed? And whether or not it is just a coincidence that the status conference in this case occurred the same day the search warrant was filed?

SPECULATION: I can't help but wonder if LE had some pretty substantial
proof that the children were deceased and buried on CD's property--perhaps a sworn-statement or an admission from someone who either participated in the demise of or witnessed the deceased bodies and/or participated in concealing them.

If so, perhaps it was either legally necessary or was deemed appropriate given the nature of this case, to notify JJ's attorney and legal guardians.

If so, this could explain why the motion to dismiss the case was filed before the warrant was signed and why there was a status conference on June 5.

If so, is it possible that on or about June 5th, the Woodcocks received notification that there is newly discovered evidence strong enough for a warrant to be issued for a search of CD's property and that they should get to Rexburg as soon as possible?

This could also explain why LE waited a few days to execute the search warrant--to allow time for the family to travel to Rexburg. Otherwise, they would have been states away watching the search unfold live on t.v. and social media.

It seems that a family member must have been in Rexburg to identify the remains the evening of June 9 otherwise how could they "confirm" they were of Tylee and JJ on June 10--before an autopsy was performed.

Or is this mystery of mine, as simple as--the family was already in Rexburg or they flew to Rexburg June 9? And if so, we are back to--by whom and why was the motion to dismiss filed and/or was it just a coincidence that a status conference in he GC case was held on the same day the search warrant was signed?
Does this make sense or have I walked myself into a corner on this one? I'd like to think I have come full circle on this one but must remain humble and inquisitive --which is why I am putting this out here.

My apologies for the loooooooong post but I don't know anyone more informed and invested in this case as my fellow-websleuthers.

I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Again, most of this post is PURE SPECULATION! >MOO/JMO<

Has anyone else wondered how the families, who live states away, were able to "confirm" the remains found on June 9 were those of JJ and Tylee--unless they were already in Rexburg June 9?

This one has tugged at me for a few days. In my search for some answers, I engaged in a full-on search of this case stumbled upon something. And of course spent the rest of the day researching and speculating.

A little background: JJ's grandparent's (Woodcocks) petitioned the court for guardianship/conservatorship of JJ on January 29, 2020. I will refer to this case as the GC case. On the day Lori was arrested, January 30, the court granted temporary custody (Note: To either the state of Idaho or to the Woodcocks; I presume to the Woodcocks). On February 5, an attorney ad litem was appointed to represent JJ in the case.

Court records for this show the following activity:
  • June 4 - Motion filed (court notes verbatim: Motion to Dismiss RE: Petition for Appointment of Guardians and Conservators)
  • June 5 - Status conference was held June 5, the Woodcocks were present
And as we know, the warrant to search Chad's property was issued on June 5.

This lead me to wonder who would have filed motion to dismiss the case? Why was the motion to dismiss the case filed a day before the warrant was signed? And whether or not it is just a coincidence that the status conference in this case occurred the same day the search warrant was filed?

SPECULATION: I can't help but wonder if LE had some pretty substantial
proof that the children were deceased and buried on CD's property--perhaps a sworn-statement or an admission from someone who either participated in the demise of or witnessed the deceased bodies and/or participated in concealing them.

If so, perhaps it was either legally necessary or was deemed appropriate given the nature of this case, to notify JJ's attorney and legal guardians.

If so, this could explain why the motion to dismiss the case was filed before the warrant was signed and why there was a status conference on June 5.

If so, is it possible that on or about June 5th, the Woodcocks received notification that there is newly discovered evidence strong enough for a warrant to be issued for a search of CD's property and that they should get to Rexburg as soon as possible?

This could also explain why LE waited a few days to execute the search warrant--to allow time for the family to travel to Rexburg. Otherwise, they would have been states away watching the search unfold live on t.v. and social media.

It seems that a family member must have been in Rexburg to identify the remains the evening of June 9 otherwise how could they "confirm" they were of Tylee and JJ on June 10--before an autopsy was performed.

Or is this mystery of mine, as simple as--the family was already in Rexburg or they flew to Rexburg June 9? And if so, we are back to--by whom and why was the motion to dismiss filed and/or was it just a coincidence that a status conference in he GC case was held on the same day the search warrant was signed?
Does this make sense or have I walked myself into a corner on this one? I'd like to think I have come full circle on this one but must remain humble and inquisitive --which is why I am putting this out here.

My apologies for the loooooooong post but I don't know anyone more informed and invested in this case as my fellow-websleuthers.

I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Again, most of this post is PURE SPECULATION! >MOO/JMO<

Hmmm.. Very Very interesting, this make alot of sense to me, you could definitely be onto something here!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members