Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very interesting!

Thank you for analyzing all that. If you can address this area of concern I still have?

I agree the orange object fits the area of excavation. I agree they weren't expecting overhead coverage. So what took so long to cover up the object if it is, indeed, remains?

Jmo
My opinion on this would be that it was a drone shot and they are very quiet now. They also can have incredible cameras with clear zoom capabilities. Couple that with what they had just discovered had just put them in another “zone”. My guess is LE did not even know it was taken until it hit the airwaves. MOO

Legally, will Lori insist that she is the only one who can determine what is done with the remains? Will she make a decision to spite Larry and Kay? Will Larry and Kay have to do an injunction?

I'm wondering what will be the next legal steps for Larry and Kay to possible go to court for an emergency hearing to get legal decision making for such.

Were Kay & Larry Vallow named as JJ's guardians/custodians? IIRC there was a hearing, sorry but I don't remember the outcome.

If LVD lost custody, and the State awarded custody to Kay & Larry, I expect that Kay & Larry will make the decisions about final resting place.

IDK about Tylee. If she is considered an adult, LDV is still next-of-kin but she does have a brother. If Cody Ryan is deemed next-of-kin, possible given LVD's current living situation, I'd rather have him make decisions about his sister's final resting place.

JMHO YMMV

Last edited:
My opinion on this would be that it was a drone shot and they are very quiet now. They also can have incredible cameras with clear zoom capabilities. Couple that with what they had just discovered had just put them in another “zone”. My guess is LE did not even know it was taken until it hit the airwaves. MOO

from what i remember from the day it was a helicopter or one of them was a helicopter, can someone else confirm it was the helicopter from the local news who took the photo? the drone won't fly over with an FAA ban in place the software you control it with won't go past a certain imaginary line so not sure if that was in place at the time or not but the FAA flight ban was posted on twitter it was a box around chad's house and property

Thank you, that is great.
Best photos.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Regarding the attention of the officers, they are all most intent on the hole left by the probable remains in the orange tarp, There must be missing pictures of the discovery? Wouldnt they LIDAR the initial discovery? Maybe all that was during the 2 hour No Fly.

There are two men in civilian clothes at the site -I saw them in other photos too. A man in camo cargo shorts and a red cap and a man in gray jacket, any idea who they are likely to be?

Trying to mark a spot here.

That no fly was the next day. Presumably to allow the coroner to remove the remains.
Marking because I've been wondering if my memory is correct on that.
Jmo

That no fly was the next day. Presumably to allow the coroner to remove the remains.

there was a temp ban of 2 hours on the initial day as well but im not sure if that was an FAA ban or just a " please don't fly here" from the police/FBI

how would we find this information again now ?

That's very interesting!

Thank you for analyzing all that. If you can address this area of concern I still have?

I agree the orange object fits the area of excavation. I agree they weren't expecting overhead coverage. So what took so long to cover up the object if it is, indeed, remains?

Jmo

I'm sure the technicians were focused on their tasks and one quickly becomes habituated to the noise of helicopters and planes to the point that you simply ignore it. Most likely it simply wasn't considered beforehand and, at the scene, the focus was on the dig.

i don't know how to quote from a closed thread but 100% you can not just call someone in jail. i have never been accused of a crime of national interest and i have no clue how the reporter "called" her but in jail there no random incoming phone calls allowed ever (outgoing phone calls on a general use payphone with no number to give out, caller I D says company name of whoever has the contract with that particular jail or prison or no number, like private caller, or the number is to the company not the jail, and that number tells you how to create an account so that you may be able to receive calls from that jail at any time). i have no clue how the interviews of persons in jail awaiting trial happen (referring to the cases with national attention) except they have to be negotiated through lawyers and the interview number is given to the accused and the recipient must be available in the correct hours (exceptions are made for no one except defense lawyers (occasionally), the D.A.s office, or the judge). if this person were in a mental hospital i would say yes someone can call you but in jail, no. It just isn't possible with the amount of inmates to the amount of officers. if anyone is communicating with someone in jail or prison the calls are coming from inside the jail.
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
5 April ·
REJECTED: Lori Vallow did accept my request to add her as a contact on the Telmate app but she rejected my call. I’m not surprised but I figured I would try and reach out anyways. She had a handful of time slots reserved for this evening.

Author
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix [...] I paid money into her account.

Author
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix [....] I added her first but yes she probably saw the free 11 bucks as an opportunity.

91308641_1562816413881370_1767176693509783552_o.jpg

91918785_1562816410548037_8543263725015007232_o.jpg

Inmate Telephone Services - Madison County Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
I agree with you generally. There were planes orbiting the site early and a full scale helicopter at some point. The drone would have been essentially invisible and certainly unheard.

If there was a no-fly order it would have been a NOTAM and you should be able to find it here: Federal Aviation Administration: NOTAM Search

the second one was, when i searched before unless because i am in australia my dates are all wrong nothing came up

i just wanted to mention, if the helicopter was flying say above a flight ban, those cameras on the helicopter could easily produce the images we see, the cameras on the helicopters for news stations are amazing, infinitely better than say a go pro or a black magic on a drone

Ok guys. I am driving myself crazy going through the timeline trying to find what I know for sure I read yesterday. And I couldn’t get it out of my head. Now I can’t find it but I know it’s there.

During the investigation of CV’s murder (moo) LE searches the house and finds the cartridges or ammo, or whatever it would be called I’m not gun savvy and can’t remember the terms used, in an orange gym bag I believe on the floor of the striped room described by Tylee.

I’m certain someone more experienced than me can find it faster but I know it’s there.

It stood out to me because the orange object with what I didn’t want to see was on my mind. There definitely was an orange gym bag as described by LE found at the scene described in the timeline.
@vislaw could this orange object be some sort of gym bag?

edited to correct typo

that fabric looks so similar to what they found in the ground, go to the last photo in that post and look at it

wow that is eerie as soon as you posted that photo my mouth just dropped because i was just looking at those photos under a program to provide some smoothing, the texture and colour is so similar

can't say for sure it is, they could have 20 bags all the same who knows with this family!

WARNING: One photo below has orange article in case you want to roll and scroll

@CSIDreamer posted about this on February 6th...

WHOA! Yes, orange duffel bag. Post #355 has picture

upload_2020-6-14_2-23-47-jpeg.251202

ETA of the body cam of the duffel bag. This one being at the dig by Vislaw looks MUCH larger MOO. @vislaw , your opinion?

tarptoo_orig.jpg

Screen shot of February post.. link below as source

screenshot_20200206-171150_facebook-jpg.230381

screenshot_20200206-171158_facebook-jpg.230382

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

"Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Alex Cox gun

ALEX COX’S GUN: More details on the initial second-degree murder of Charles Vallow that Chandler Police currently rule as a self-defense homicide. This report details the findings of the fun Cox used in the shooting. A Springfield XD .45 caliber handgun lying on the carpet next to an orange duffel bag. Inside the bag, a black hard sided case with .45 caliber magazines and ammunition. The detective recalls the magazine having five cartridges inside. The magazine indicated 13 cartridges could be loaded. The rest of the report describes the blood found in the kitchen sink, layout of the home and no sign that Charles had been moved."

From the post at Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

Last edited:
from what i remember from the day it was a helicopter or one of them was a helicopter, can someone else confirm it was the helicopter from the local news who took the photo? the drone won't fly over with an FAA ban in place the software you control it with won't go past a certain imaginary line so not sure if that was in place at the time or not but the FAA flight ban was posted on twitter it was a box around chad's house and property
The very high resolution image was from a drone. If there was a temporary NOTAM it would not have appeared as a geofence to prevent the drone from operating. It MAY have shown up on the FAA mobile app B4UFly B4UFLY Mobile App but I doubt it. It will be interesting to see when the no-fly order was effective although I believe it did not occur until after the drone took the pics we're looking at.

I'm of a different mind the bodies being skeletonized. The ground was cold in Rexburg until recently and it can take years for this to occur. I believe the bodies were primarily intact. I also believe JJ was buried by the pond and Tylee by the fire pit.

Graphic end:
I’m just happy that Tylee was not in YNP. We may have never found her there. I was sure they dropped her into an acid pool. Frankly, I cannot fathom how stupid criminals can get. Burying those kids in his backyard. HELLO???? Anyone home upstairs behind those evil eyes? Or do zombies live up there? Walking dead people? Devoid of emotions?

The remains being found on CD property leads me to conclude that there are no other fringe group members involved in these murders. Had there been, certainly a better burial spot would have been closer to or in a wilderness/doomsday campsite location.

The very high resolution image was from a drone. If there was a temporary NOTAM it would not have appeared as a geofence to prevent the drone from operating. It MAY have shown up on the FAA mobile app B4UFly B4UFLY Mobile App but I doubt it. It will be interesting to see when the no-fly order was effective although I believe it did not occur until after the drone took the pics we're looking at.

yeah i can't find anything for the 2 hours but im struggling with time zones and dates, if someone local wants to look go a head

Warning——

Thank you for taking the time to do that. I do appreciate learning something new. I do have a question.

The scanner that they used that you hadn’t in over 5 years... it sounds like outdated technology, I’m assuming this is FBI from Boise doing the analysis. Does each FBI location have possible different equipment? I’m just shocked that the most up to date methods were not available, unless I’m missing something.

Also, as they were gathered round looking in the dig space and possible remains were already on tarp, why do you think there was so much interest in the dig space? What was left to see? Am I seeing it right that the dirt in that one area looked darker?

It is important to understand that a total station is not truly obsolete. It just can't do what a laser scanner does. In fact, a total station is often used to verify the accuracy of a laser scanner as foundation in court. A total station will let you very accurately get a specific measurement of a distance at a crime scene. Thus, if I want to know the width of a roadway or the distance between two buildings I can get that with a total station quickly and accurately. I could also get that information from a laser scan but it would require processing the scan and opening up the 3D point cloud on my computer so I could then mark and measure the same distance. It is like having a 3D model of the crime scene that you can measure back at the office -- but you still have to make the measurement. Thus, the total station gives the forensic team specific measurements for deliberately chosen distances at the scene. I'm sure the forensic team also has tape measures and roller wheels too. And while those are not as accurate as a total station or laser scanner, they are easy to use and can give quick measurements in the field.

Our specialty is 3D visualization so our workflow has essentially eliminated the need for a total station. However, a more robust forensics team such as the FBI's would be expected to have both total stations and laser scanners as we see and they've clearly got a workflow that takes advantage of all the tools. I would have been shocked if there wasn't LIDAR scanning at the scene but I'm not surprised that they used a total station for their preliminary mapping.

oh yes i think we got that point pretty quickly

i was wondering if someone could find a sleeping bag or travel bag that might match

as i am in australia the brands are different might be really difficult for me to actually find something similar

Still catching up. 5 gallon buckets aren't really huge. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member