Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/AnnieCushing/status/1272337197153300481

Annie Cushing

@AnnieCushing

The beautiful people of #Rexburg had a vigil last night for #TyleeRyan and #JJVallow and asked if I'd write a tribute for them. Meet the amazing kids behind the headlines. #lorivallow #doomsdaymom https://facebook.com/irishannie/posts/10158525947196880…

6:16 PM · Jun 14, 2020·TweetDeck
Sobbing! So raw and real! Heartbreaking! And I’m sure I’m not the only one with that opinion so I’m not writing what we all usually write at the end of our posts!

Yes, I agree the question of where was Tylee is a very confusing one. I have two guesses, one, Chad buried her one day while everyone was a work. I don't think that's very plausible. Two, at Alex's townhome and he had a freezer. I am very open to ideas for a number three guess. MOO So horrible and sad to even discuss
I hate typing the words and using terms like “bodies” to describe these children. It doesn’t feel good. Heartbreaking. I agree Alex’s place seems plausible and private. There would have to be a freezer involved whatever the scenario because for that amount of time, the smell would probably still be there today. Because I think the charging documents tell us something sinister about what they did with Tylee’s body, they would have needed time for that, and probably a fire. jmo

ETA I really, really wish investigation into this could have started sooner. I hope they have a ton of info that will be revealed that will really pull all of this together in a tight case.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree the question of where was Tylee is a very confusing one. I have two guesses, one, Chad buried her one day while everyone was a work. I don't think that's very plausible. Two, at Alex's townhome and he had a freezer. I am very open to ideas for a number three guess. MOO So horrible and sad to even discuss

Maybe she was detained and/or sedated after the last known sighting? They just told JJ she was sick until they could get the plan finished? Hate typing this.

I hate typing the words and using terms like “bodies” to describe these children. It doesn’t feel good. Heartbreaking. I agree Alex’s place seems plausible and private. There would have to be a freezer involved whatever the scenario because for that amount of time, the smell would probably still be there today. Because I think the charging documents tell us something sinister about what they did with Tylee’s body, they would have needed time for that, and probably a fire. jmo

ETA I really, really wish investigation into this could have started sooner. I hope they have a ton of info that will be revealed that will really pull all of this together in a tight case.
I don't think they waited a month to bury Tylee. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I imagine it was earlier just for the sake of getting it done. I do think that it was difficult to do, and that is why Chad then convinced TD to visit her parents--so that burying JJ wouldn't be nearly as difficult. With nearly everyone watching General Conference on TV that weekend, there would be far fewer eyes on what anyone was doing outside. Maybe JC did talk to JJ Oct 1. I hope it was a kind and wonderful conversation, because it was certainly one of his last :(

I still have a hard time believing Alex killed or buried these children. Not 100 percent, but these are children, his relatives. Lori and Chad have obvious motives. I don't want to believe his sister could convince him to be involved in murdering these children.
According to Melanie Gibb, he was a firm believer in zombies and according to Melani Pawlowski, his faith was so strong that no task was too difficult for him.

Wow to the last two of your bolded parts!
The first one is SO obviously the way a person acts when they are guilty (I thought she had learned to be a better actress than that!)
And the second.. Came back from where? Where did her lily-livered self run off to until poor TD was safely in the ground, with no chance for further investigation? What a worthless, vile wretch she is.
Came back from not being involved in a murder. Needed her to think she was not involved and didn't even know about it. Needed MG to be an alibi..again CYA. Jmo

"I would like to introduce my adult children to the children I plan on murdering and burying in the yard before we all abscond to tents for Armageddon. Just so who they are is firmly planted in their heads." Delightful
Sadly, the children had (99.99% certain) already been murdered by the time said cookie party may or may not have happened.

Hello all. I usually anxiously awaited someone else reply posting what I was thinking since I'm not confident enough in my memory to post. I've followed these threads since the remains were found and haven't seen my opinion or questions asked or posted.
I don't believe it was Chad who spilled the beans. If he had, I believe they would've had him at least in the back yard for further assistance. Maybe not at the digging spot, but by the barn? Back of the house? In a LEO car in the driveway at the back of the house? Which leads me to my question. If they knew or thought they were going to find something, why did they let him sit in the car alone? Wouldn't they have a fear of him bolting or trying to hurt himself? In past cases, if the beans were spilled, the spiller would be accompanying the investigators to the spot or an official would be with the spiller close by, even if as a support. Sorry if this was posted and I missed it.
Let the conniving ape run. Flight is a persuasive indicator of guilt. The cops had roadblocks in place. Where was he gonna go?

Pettiness.

Lori has answered this inadvertently. She is powerful and a goddess - how dare anyone question her motives.

Brandon appears to have a solid reason to be deeply concerned. I hope Melani does not get custody of those kids and I hope Ian is not this stupid that he waits until she gives birth then sues for custody.

Because if he does not his ex-wife also has good reason to be concerned. These two are not safe with children.

How ironic is it that MP's own Father tried to protect her in the same way when she was a little girl. Now the concerns have come full circle ...

And he wasn't just a long-haul trucker, he was a long-haul trucker shuttling hazardous waste from Arizona to Arkansas. Lord only knows what kind of PPE he was equipped with, especially on the Arkansas end.
For a novel my wife and I wrote (paranormal romance / eco-thriller), I did some research on how toxic waste is legally disposed of. The stuff goes into special barrels which are carefully sealed and then washed with a detergent to remove any residue on the outside. They may also be slayed with acid-neutralizer. Then the barrels are loaded on the truck with forklifts. The unloading is done the same way, and only AFTER each barrel is carefully inspected for leaks. The driver never comes in contact with the waste; his only hazard is if an accident occurs. There are tank trucks which carry toxic waste, too. I think the loading process is just as careful (ideally). The driver isn't supposed to even get a whiff of the stuff.

I didn't read it as his referring to himself as gay as much as starting off with a sexual orientation joke. He seems very unfunny, incidentally.
I think some people find him funny. I snickered a couple of times even though I was watching more critically. But the folks in the audience seemed to laugh. My main observation is that his brand of humor seems at odds with being a devout LDS. And that's not a criticism of him but it does make me doubt that his devotion would drive him to do anything for Lori to "atone" or that he would follow Chad in a cult.

After re-reading the Judge's Summary Reading of the Charges against CD several times now, I am convinced that at least at this point, CD is only being charged with willfully destroying, altering, and concealing one set of human remains (Tylee, which the judge termed egregious) and/or aiding and abetting another individual in doing the same; and willfully concealing another set of human remains (JJ) or aiding and abetting another individual in doing the same. I say only. I'm sure there is hefty jail time associated with such a crime.

If the reading of Summary Charges ended right there though, things would be pretty straight forward. We could ascertain that the children were each killed at some location, on some date, and then (perhaps on that same date or perhaps on another date) their remains were taken to CD's house where they were willfully destroyed, altered and concealed (Tylee) and/or just willfully concealed (JJ) - per the charges.

But again, the Summary Charging sentence doesn't end at that point. There's a colon.

After the colon there is a qualifier which asserts that the defendant did these things while having knowledge that the said remains were "about to be produced", "used", and/or "discovered as evidence" in a felony proceeding (quotations mine).

A witness was either about to (or had just) come forward; a conspirator was about to confess/deal (or had just confessed/dealt); or LE was about to take possession of the remains (possibly with the assistance/information provided by the witness, or rhe conspirator, or via just good old fashioned investigative techniques).

I am of the opinion that the phrasing of the Charging Statement means that CD was involved on at least one occasion (and on probably two) in relocating two respective sets of remains from their previous location(s) to CD's house - either by himself or with the assisting of another person. It sounds like this was done with some urgency (whether once or twice), as "said remains" were about to be "produced, used, or discovered" as evidence in a felony proceeding. Urgent.

So, one way or another, CD learned that remains which were not presently located on his property where about to be discovered as evidence in a felony. CD needed to prevent their discovery asap. It is under these circumstances that CD is then charged with willfully destroying, altering, and concealing Tylee's remains, and wifully concealing JJ's remains.

So some obvious questions are:

1.) where were the respective remains located before CD decided to willfully (I assume relocated) and conceal them (again, only after having gained knowledge that they were about to be "produced", "used", or "discovered as evidence")?

2). how, and when, did CD come upon this knowledge information?

3.) who was the person he assisted/abetted (if there was one)?

4.) if the remains, while at their previous location(s), where about to be "produced", just who was about to produce them?

5.) if the remains, while at their previous location, were about to be "used", just who was about to use them, and for what purpose?

6.) if the remains, at their previous location were about to be "discovered as evidence", just who was about to discover them (LE I presume)? And if LE was "about" to discover them, what stopped them from being "fast enough"?

While it may be that these particular Charges are just the tip of the iceberg re: CD -and just something meant to keep CD in jail and under pressure, allowing time to fully prepare homicide and/or conspiracy charges (not the least of which involves TD's autopsy results), I tend to think CD may soon be willing to cooperate. I feel certain that CD has already rationalized and minimized his role in all this his own mind, and is certain that he can convince any judge of same. Jmo

Last edited:
I read it this way too. Just a bad joke. Imo
We might also be seeing something out of context. Maybe some woman in the audience did or said something that prompted the joke. Some of the subsequent subject matter that I won't describe but is obvious if you watch the video suggests that a woman in the audience might have been "playing" with him during his routine. I'm not sure we can conclude he was gay based on that, and even if he was, that video suggests he was open about it 10+ years ago so no reason to think it gave anyone leveredge over him.

So I was just watching Melanie Gibbs interview with Nate again and something stood out to me. She said that Chad and Lori met at an event in St George Utah, where Chad was speaking and selling his books. Well isn’t St George Utah where Lori’s parents live and where the search warrant was served on their home? It just makes me wonder if her parents are part of 144,000 or if they at least believe Chad’s BS? Hmmmm? MOO

I think some people find him funny. I snickered a couple of times even though I was watching more critically. But the folks in the audience seemed to laugh. My main observation is that his brand of humor seems at odds with being a devout LDS. And that's not a criticism of him but it does make me doubt that his devotion would drive him to do anything for Lori to "atone" or that he would follow Chad in a cult.
I likely wouldn't believe it either, but two of his fellow cult members claim that he was all in. Not at the time when that video was made, of course.

So I was just watching Melanie Gibbs interview with Nate again and something stood out to me. She said that Chad and Lori met at an event in St George Utah, where Chad was speaking and selling his books. Well isn’t St George Utah where Lori’s parents live and where the search warrant was served on their home? It just makes me wonder if her parents are part of 144,000 or if they at least believe Chad’s BS? Hmmmm? MOO
Her parents only recently moved to Utah. It has nothing to do with past events there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24