Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster here. I've been lurking for a while but never commented. Mostly because it's so hard to actually catch up with this thread.. so much of great brainstorming going on here. Hello everyone :)

I've been thinking.. I've always thought that JJ had met his demise sometime Sept 23-24, possibly that night. Things that happened on Sept 24th seem so final to me, like he was already gone. Lori went to pull JJ from school and told them that she'll be homeschooling him.. so nobody is asking any more questions where he is, where he's going to go to school next etc.. and JJ was not with her during that visit. Lori also notified babysitter that her services won't be needed until further notice, that Lori is in Hawaii and JJ is with grandma.

Today i found out that Sept 23 is significant in connection with Chad. On Sept 23 2011 Chad had vision of Tammy's grandmother Lucille in which she told him how Tammy should not be playing video games but devoting herself to the family. Apparently that intervention worked and especially when everyone realized that grandma contacted Chad on her birthday. Sept 23 is Lucille's birthday and everyone was very moved when they realized that.

We know that Melanie G visited in the days preceding Sept 23rd and that Lori told her JJ was a zombie... repeatedly. What if later on Sept 23 Chad contacted Lori and told her that he had vision of Lucille in which she told him that JJ's spirit must be released. And then things happened pretty quickly? I think Lori possibly knew about Lucille and this particular incident in 2011 since it was a significant one in Chad's family and he wrote about it. She could have been receptive to importance of such vision.

It just seems so strange to me that JJ disappeared right after this particular date. I know that Lori's mother said she talked to JJ on Oct 1st but there is no real proof of that and I think she could have said that in the beginning to support Lori and now she won't come clean because she is afraid of the repercussions this could have for her.

This is all just my own opinion and speculation.
Hmm, interesting thoughts about manipulating Lori with Tammy's grandmother..
We have discussed the significance of the date in past threads, trying to figure out a strong tie (threads 17 and 35 if you are interested in going back to them) but I think this is a little bit different take on it, so thank you!!

To me the most telling part was when they told multiple Chad's relatives that Lori had no minor children. Knowing this would tell someone else who was told that the kids were in hiding that she had no plan of reuniting with them.

This will be an important part of the prosecution proving the "pre-meditation"piece for first degree murder..

To me the most telling part was when they told multiple Chad's relatives that Lori had no minor children. Knowing this would tell someone else who was told that the kids were in hiding that she had no plan of reuniting with them.

DBM...sorry duplicate post

Last edited:
I found this video on YouTube that gives a concise timeline and thoughtful analysis of the Chad-Lorian drama. He talks about the possible mental health problems that could cause delusions and why or why not these mental illnesses might apply to Lori or Chad in a legal defense.

Fascinating video. At 12:08, "Everyone knows it is hard to be a deity on a budget."

Towards the end, Dr. Grande discusses how they seemed to make plans for the future which might affect a defense of that a "delusional" diagnosis argues against. I believe that Chad and Lori had a more eternal perspective of their existence. Getting married (sealed) on earth carries into eternal life in the mainstream LDS religion and clearly in the beliefs that Chad has developed on his own. I.e. multiple probations, etc.

Regardless, a typical standard for an insanity defense, if Idaho even allows which I understand they do not, is fairly high. My understanding is that if you know what you are doing is wrong, you are not insane. Lying to police and burying bodies pretty much proves you were trying to cover up a wrong doing.

First time poster here. I've been lurking for a while but never commented. Mostly because it's so hard to actually catch up with this thread.. so much of great brainstorming going on here. Hello everyone :)

I've been thinking.. I've always thought that JJ had met his demise sometime Sept 23-24, possibly that night. Things that happened on Sept 24th seem so final to me, like he was already gone. Lori went to pull JJ from school and told them that she'll be homeschooling him.. so nobody is asking any more questions where he is, where he's going to go to school next etc.. and JJ was not with her during that visit. Lori also notified babysitter that her services won't be needed until further notice, that Lori is in Hawaii and JJ is with grandma.

Today i found out that Sept 23 is significant in connection with Chad. On Sept 23 2011 Chad had vision of Tammy's grandmother Lucille in which she told him how Tammy should not be playing video games but devoting herself to the family. Apparently that intervention worked and especially when everyone realized that grandma contacted Chad on her birthday. Sept 23 is Lucille's birthday and everyone was very moved when they realized that.

We know that Melanie G visited in the days preceding Sept 23rd and that Lori told her JJ was a zombie... repeatedly. What if later on Sept 23 Chad contacted Lori and told her that he had vision of Lucille in which she told him that JJ's spirit must be released. And then things happened pretty quickly? I think Lori possibly knew about Lucille and this particular incident in 2011 since it was a significant one in Chad's family and he wrote about it. She could have been receptive to importance of such vision.

It just seems so strange to me that JJ disappeared right after this particular date. I know that Lori's mother said she talked to JJ on Oct 1st but there is no real proof of that and I think she could have said that in the beginning to support Lori and now she won't come clean because she is afraid of the repercussions this could have for her.

This is all just my own opinion and speculation.
I’ve been trying to just pop in here today because I will get sucked in and I need to “de-virus” my place today lol! But this caught my attention. I completely agree with you on the Oct 1 phone call and fear of repercussions.
I hadn’t really put those dates together. It is an interesting connection imo because it seems dates are important to CD and those in his circle. At least on the surface of spreading rhetoric. I’m back to being confused about who actually believed what lol...
But I do like this connection of dates as something to think about. Thank you!
jmo

Here's the thing...Tammy died on the Saturday morning after being back at work for 1 week following the spud harvest break. Perhaps something happened during the break, either when she was at her parents in Utah or after she returned. Maybe Chad did bring up divorce or something came to a peak in their marriage in other ways that upset her. I doubt she learned of deaths or bodies because she would have gone to the police. Maybe someone saw Chad and Lori together while Tammy was out of town. Whatever event could have also triggered Chad to act to kill her.
On AC's (TR's Aunt) timeline, there is mention that CV was going to contact TD to inform her of his suspicions. Do we know if that ever happened? Did he ever email, text, or call Tammy?

I have not read any of Chad's books, nor the Left Behind series, which I suspect may have inspired Chad to write something similar from an LDS point of view, since they were bestsellers just a few years back; but do remember reading The Late Great Planet Earth back in the '80s, which caused quite a stir, a movie, and huge following of End Times believers.

These books are like "thrillers" and cause excitement and adrenaline rushes for those with otherwise boring lives.

The so-called End Times are depicted as horrific times: wars, earthquakes, believers hiding in the mountains, no buying or selling, mark of the beast, false prophet, Anti-Christ, etc.

I wonder if Tammy was aware that, according to Chad's visions, that she would not be here to witness the 7 years of tribulation preceding the Second Coming?

I also had a thought that the paintball incident might have been an attempt to make Tammy get back into her car, drive away, and then cause the car accident that apparently had been discussed as her possible cause of death.

I have also thought about the scripture (Mark 16:17 -18) "and these signs will accompany those who believe: .... when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all;" as a possible scriptural justification for concocting a poisonous drink as a test to see if the victim "really believes". Just my thoughts this morning, JMO
BBM
Well, I for one LOVED the Left Behind series and a lot of my family and friends have also since my books have been loaned out so much over the years.
I do not have a boring life, JS
JMO

Here's the thing...Tammy died on the Saturday morning after being back at work for 1 week following the spud harvest break. Perhaps something happened during the break, either when she was at her parents in Utah or after she returned. Maybe Chad did bring up divorce or something came to a peak in their marriage in other ways that upset her. I doubt she learned of deaths or bodies because she would have gone to the police. Maybe someone saw Chad and Lori together while Tammy was out of town. Whatever event could have also triggered Chad to act to kill her.
BBM. I doubt it. MG said in her interview that Chad and Lori said they "weren't allowed" to get divorced. They supposedly asked for a revelation in this regard.

Delusions? Or trying to get rid of people that were in their way and could benefit them financially? Chad and Lori couldn't fully be together while their spouses were alive. Charles had life insurance, which Lori expected to get. Brandon had life insurance. Tammy had life insurance. Children were getting money for their upkeep because their fathers were dead. Those were some very convenient delusions.

Makes total sense. They needed infusions of cash, people worth more to them dead than alive.
So who are the Zombies? They are.
Too bad they were so quick to off the kids, the grandparents could have got into the situation earlier in an earlier phase when they were still alive.
Too bad the police in CVS death took ACs word it was self defense, too bad the Fremont coroner let a mysterious death slide.

The kids were loved but stolen from that love.

Last edited:
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and live about 30 miles away from the Daybells and, believe me, almost all of the LDS community could and would be willing and competent members of a jury. We are appalled at the corruption of our beliefs by these in-name-only LDS members. Please remember that these crazies are a small, small minority of LDS people who don't believe in any of the crap that the Daybell followers spout. And we are terrified; first of all, that are beliefs are being held up to public opinion as a representation of what the Daybell clan believes and second of all, that these crazies live among us.
I am LDS as well. I in no way meant people who are LDS could not be able to be on a jury panel for this. I simply meant that there are people who are not members who would make fine candidates for a jury.

On AC's (TR's Aunt) timeline, there is mention that CV was going to contact TD to inform her of his suspicions. Do we know if that ever happened? Did he ever email, text, or call Tammy?
We don't know for sure if CV was able to contact TD or not. But apparently when Lori moved to Rexburg, her and CD were out in public showing displays of affection (according to MG). So Tammy could have found out in multiple ways.

Learning of an affair from someone who saw the PDA's certainly could account for TD's distant behavior the day before she died.

Edited out hanging quote.
JMO MG visited LVD in Rexburg. She never thought to ask where Tylee was? MBP lived next door to LVD and never asked where is Tylee? This just sends up the red flag sky high for me. Even if LVD told people she was in BYU. There was no send off party? This from a person who had a pool party when her husband was killed? Tylee always seemed to be with LVD. She was present at the police station over LVD purse and at the police station during the shooting incident. She was with LVD when she went to her friends in April. Then nobody questioned where she was in Idaho? Especially since LVD was telling MG JJ was a zombie. All MOO. OK I'll get off my soap box. Just had a rant. Just so frustrating.
Crazy, right? Don’t forget NOBODY in that family apparently made plans for Thanksgiving. NOBODY asked to see birthday pictures of Tylee or even speak to her (but Colby). NOBODY sent Tylee a college gift? No monogrammed towel wrap, or such? No “hey send pics of your new place”. I feel like some of these players are walking in a trance! (Not really, but you know what I mean?) No thoughts (at least that they can share), no questions (that they actually asked... they just get to say after the fact that they questioned it in their mind but didn’t vocalize it) . Either cognitive thinking is so low they probably can’t function in life, or they are HIDING something.

Crazy! And crazier that the people who had ONE family member MIA sounded alarm, yet those who had 5 family members pick up, move, and not act normal, had no concerns?

I really doubt it. It just further muddies the water and assumes that jurors would really believe these visions and need some guidance as to why they shouldn't.

This case may not go to a jury at all. And if it does, I think they will have to do a change of venue due to local publicity and finding unbiased jurors - those who have not been following the case and have no opinion as to guilt or innocence.
Transylvania? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member