Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why exactly did they all move to Rexburg, for two months and then all move away? This is suspicious in itself to me. Pre planning and they already had their gravedigger and the burial site lined up IMO.

Also, when was the first snow in Rexburg?
I tried to look that up yesterday but while the site I was on gave me the dates of snow it didn't actually give the number of inches.

There was light snow on Oct 29th, also confirmed by the doorbell video of Lori's female visitor (who I think was Summer).

There was also snow on the date of the welfare check. 26th Nov.

There was snow in December but I gave up writing down the dates at that time because I was more interested in finding out at what point the ground would have been thickly covered and remained that way until the search warrant was executed in January. I think the children were probably buried before it snowed and the ground became frozen, or moved since the snow melted.

(side note: I don't love this board's software. It makes quoting pretty tedious!)

OK, I appreciate your responses. I needed to familiarize myself with the facts you were talking about a little more and eyeball the timeline. And you're right, trying to apply everyday common sense to any of this crazy story is questionable. I catch myself making that mistake constantly :)

First, the nanny's statement to the police concerning September 19th. "She introduced her friend to me and said that she does podcasts of some sort. I didn’t see a suitcase, so I don’t think she was staying that long." Although LV could have been lying, it seems pretty unlikely (there I go again with common sense) that LV would have thought to lie about that. So I think it's MG and that MG's memory was correct on the date of the trip.

Maybe CD did a day-trip, or an overnight and was back the next day (Friday 9/20). He could have been back in time to do the post-production on podcasts and the BYUI track walk with the PDAs on Saturday, right?

I guess what I'm saying is that none of this seems unlikely to me. He would have wanted to minimize time away from both the women in his life. He would NOT have been gone through the weekend IMO.

hmmm. I do not believe anyone specifically MENTIONED the date.

I bet that some LE agency talked to her. I am also guessing they got little or nothing from her. My take away from the SS/JC interview was how little contact they had with Lori. They really didn’t know anything about her life. The supposed phone calls with the kids were pathetic attempts to support the story that the kids were OK. I never believed the calls actually happened. They were supporting a relative they knew little about and most likely kept them at arm’s length. Moo

Well, there was that search warrant. That's almost as good. :)

Last edited:
I tried to look that up yesterday but while the site I was on gave me the dates of snow it didn't actually give the number of inches.

There was light snow on Oct 29th, also confirmed by the doorbell video of Lori's female visitor (who I think was Summer).

There was also snow on the date of the welfare check. 26th Nov.

There was snow in December but I gave up writing down the dates at that time because I was more interested in finding out at what point the ground would have been thickly covered and remained that way until the search warrant was executed in January. I think the children were probably buried before it snowed and the ground became frozen, or moved since the snow melted.
You bring up.a good point. Maybe the bonfires were about softening the dirt.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't think EIN is accurate. I check their site daily for updates on this case! It's that my recollection of the interview with MG is that she waffled about the specific date of her visit and it is possible that Nate or someone else simply assumed she was the friend who arrived on the 19th, possibly asked her to confirm and she said "Yeah, that must have been it."

My theory is simply that if MG visited the weekend before then someone we do not know about visited on the 19th and that is a key weekend! If there was another "friend" then I think it is very possible it was a hitman or someone to help them do the dirty deeds and/or clean up the mess. I wish the reporter had asked the nanny to describe the friend!

wives of other podcasters, JR (unlikely), SS (most likely) in their circle come to mind.

I remain confused about the weekend too. Melanie never stated which weekend in her interview with Nate. Clearly there is data to prove, but we have not seen it.
It would have made sense to be together for the podcast, though not necessary.
Melanie never said that Chad was gone for part of the weekend.

There is no reason why Melanie would be in the ring video. She would have come and gone via the garage, since Lori would always drive her.

In the transcripts by Fox13 Nanny statement to cops on Lori Vallow it states that the babysitter says re September 19th... that Lori went to the airport with her brother, and when returned "she introduced her friend (e.g. from airport pickup) to me and said that she does podcasts of some sort"

Yes..that is the closest...but there are other female podcasters too.

Who are female options for someone coming in that does podcasts with Lori?

Screenshot from link:

nannystatement.JPG

Thanks for the response. I just don't t think EIN would print something as important as that date without fact checking, especially after, as you said, she was a little hesitant. I even think the entire interview was run past LE before release, so I am comfortable that they have the right date. That is my own opinion.
As far as the theory, I'm just not following why they would now need to involve yet another person the murder; it seems between Lori, Chad, and Alex, they pretty much had more than enough evil to go around. Plus, they had clearly already murdered Tylee without needing such a "friend". Moo.
Ok... so there is a date in print??? Does anyone have the article headline???

I don't know if you've received your answer, so sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said, I'm catching up on the thread from where I left off last night.

He went to police with his ex-wife on Dec 5th, and it seems he told them what he knew at that date. MBP had been to see detectives without him on Dec 3rd. It would be standard procedure for police to record what he said in a statement, and we don't know if he gave them a copy of the zombie document or whose possession it was in.

From the trials I've watched police statements are not read or entered into evidence at trial, although they are available to counsel, however the witness (IP) would be called and examined, and pertinent information from what he told police will be drawn out by questioning. If what he says in court differs from what he told police he can be shown his statement to read back to himself and asked why his evidence now is different. That is when the jury gets to decide how honest he is being because usually early statements are the most reliable unless he had a very good reason to be lying at the beginning. Police officers who conducted the interview can also be called to impeach the witness, I believe.

When they went on TV recently they made these statements about it, so he may continue to try to draw back what he said to police, or (imo) come clean at trial in regards to what he knew. In light of the children's murders he might not want the roasting in court :

Select interview transcripts for anyone interested:

Interview with CBS:

IP: I didn’t know the FBI would be there. But um, you know, I was open to sharing everything that I knew at that point. And so at that point I, yeah, I shared, I shared all the information I have and I was hoping that I could, I was hoping the FBI, because the FBI was there, they would have information already, that there would be something that they knew that I could say that would make sense to them. That would, you know, be a piece to a puzzle instead of becoming a framework for them to build this investigation on. And it seems like the information I shared with them turned into this nationwide just frenzy. You know, so they gave me a recording device, you know, I recorded con.., some conversations with Chad and Lori.

<snip> For two weeks I’ve been thinking this through and looking at anything, looking for anything I could to try to figure out where these kids are and there’s just no evidence, there’s nothing, trying to figure out anything bad that’s going on. And I don’t, you know, I couldn’t find anything, I couldn’t find anything aside from just baseless accusations coming from her ex-husband. At the end of the day I put it into a memo when I conv.., when I confessed this to her. You know and I need to protect her to the best of my ability from the damage that I could, that I, that I have done to her. So I write down everything that I can remember saying to the FBI, how I explained it to ‘em, what her fears were, what my fears were. I write it all down, and give it to her lawyers.

MBP: this was early in December and so um I think it shows, if you read the entire document it starts out I’m terrified, and then it ends with there was nothing there and the reason this document is so important is because it’s basically, we’re trying to clear this up because this whole case is based on this, this document and this outline, of, you know, bits and pieces taken from everywhere. <snip> and you know he was taking everything so literally and when I first saw this document it was shocking like explain this, like I can’t explain it, and so, it’s good to come forward and explain where that comes from in the context and to look at it in its entirety.

Interview with Nate Eaton:

MBP: <snip> As soon as I returned after Thanksgiving, I went right into Detective Hermosillo and was like, “What’s going on? I’m here to get my stuff.” He asked me about my previous marriage, what was I doing here, and he asked me about Lori and Alex. I was an open book and said, “Here’s what I know.

Eaton: We can transition with that into everything you allegedly told Ian and what he wrote down. Ian, can you explain the background about how this document came to be?

IP: The whole purpose of the document was to send to Melani’s lawyers so they knew what I had gone in and told the FBI.

So I told Melani on Dec. 19 that I had been talking with the police and a little later, I told her I’d been recording her. It was after I told Melani that I had been working with the FBI and the police that I wrote this. The whole idea is to protect her. Her lawyers needed to know exactly what I said, how I said it and that’s how I wanted to present it to them. These are the fears I shared with them that Melani shared with me.

The document sounds a lot more affirmative than what I heard, but when I go into the police, I want action. I want this to be over with, basically. I went and I shared with the FBI everything that I heard, everything I was afraid of, and at that point, I thought the kids were in danger. I thought there was something dark and sinister going on. I was afraid.

So things came out when I talked with the FBI in a way that (I) shouldn’t have. And I kind of regret the way I presented it to them because I feel like it’s kind of blown this thing up a lot more than it should have. There wasn’t really a whole lot going on until my ex-wife and I went in and spoke with the FBI. Then, a week later, they’re starting to put out press releases and all these things. I don’t know if what we shared acted as a catalyst for that. Or maybe I’m just full of myself.

Eaton: For the casual reader seeing this, there is some shocking stuff in there. Chad and Lori apparently told you, Melani, that JJ and Tylee had been possessed and become zombies, that Alex may have to “take care” of the kids, he had “great faith” and “never wavered in his trust of the Lord.” Can you understand these writings are alarming, concerning and suspicious on all counts?

IP: Anybody who doesn’t know what’s going on, they’re going to look at this and go, “Yeah, this is insane.”

So Brandon contacted my ex-wife, Natalie, and basically shared the idea with her that Melani’s in a cult, Lori’s in a cult, Chad’s a cult leader, they tried to kill me, they killed Charles and there’s this whole plot. I’m hearing this and I’m going, “Holy crap! What did I get myself into?” And so anything that happens, anything I hear from then on, even if it’s something I’ve heard before, I’m looking at it through the lens of, “This could be a cult.” Something weird is going on, and I’m hearing this right after her door gets kicked in by the Rexburg Police and we see a search warrant looking for JJ.

So everything seemed really off at that point. I’ve described it like a Treehouse of Horrors episode of “The Simpsons” for Halloween. You see a shadow of a claw on the wall, and then the light comes, and it’s just a branch scratching on the window. Depending on how you shine the light, there are facts, but depending on how you shine the flashlight, the facts look different.

When I’m hearing all these things, I’m scared, and I think there’s a cult. As you go through the document, you kind of see my thought process of this is stuff that I’m hearing, and stuff I’m worried about. As I continue to look at it, I’m starting to see that there’s really nothing proving any of this. There’s nothing proving that Tylee and JJ have come to any harm. You can even see at the end of the document I’m still questioning why in the world do we not know where the kids are.

But as I’ve gotten to know Summer and Janis and heard more about Lori’s life and the experiences she’s gone through, I’m starting to see maybe there is some reasoning behind what’s going on. I have no clue what’s going on, but I know that Melani is a good person. I’ve loved her through this whole thing. I was never really concerned about her. But in the beginning, I’m like, “Holy crap, her uncles are into some shady stuff, and I need to try to figure out what’s going on. I’m going to record your conversations, try to get from point A to point B, get this thing wrapped up and over with so I can move on with my life and my new wife.”

MBP: <snip> Where it comes down to Tylee and JJ and this zombie idea – it came from a disturbing phone call I got from one of Lori’s old friends right after they took off to Hawaii. She told me, “Lori and Alex did something to Tylee and JJ, and we don’t know where they’re at, and Lori has lied to you,” and all these things that didn’t feel right. On that phone call, I felt a lot of fear and doubt, and that’s when I kind of went into this worrying phase.

I’m newly married, and I’m sharing these things with him and can’t sleep some nights. I didn’t know where they’re at, I didn’t know what was going on and I didn’t understand these things. And Ian, which I don’t know, is talking with Natalie and Brandon, and they’re telling him these terrifying things that aren’t true – that I’ve wanted to kill Brandon, and I’m in a cult. I have no idea what Ian’s doing behind the scenes, and I’m in a scared time in my life where I’m trying to figure out the pieces. I’m trying to know what’s going on with Brandon and his plans, and who he is working with, and where my kids are. December was terrifying – like we’re thrown into this boiling pot as soon as we get married and trying to just adapt as best we can.

Eaton: Melani, did you actually believe these things that Lori and Chad told you? Or were you telling Ian just to get it off your chest with the assumption you didn’t know what to think?

MBP: Lori and Chad did not tell me most of those things in the document. Those were fears I was hearing from other people, and never did I believe them. When you don’t have knowledge about something and you’re in a scary situation like this, you think the worst. And I’m an open book. I kind of say it how it is.

I didn’t know Ian was recording all these things and that he was talking to Natalie or Brandon. I had told him my history with Brandon, and I warned that Natalie’s probably going to try to get ahold of Brandan, and Brandon’s going to run with all these lies about me. Ian knew who I was, but the factor of Tylee and JJ going missing – he’d never seen them before and had only met Chad and Lori one time. He doesn’t know what I know about the past with Lori trying to do everything she can to protect her kids and people who have been threatening her.

<snip>

Eaton: One other question about the document, Ian, and then we can we can move on. You mentioned in there that your whole intent was not to smear anybody. Your intent was to protect your family and helps solve the case of the missing kids. Can you guys address the public as to what you all are doing to help in the case?

IP: We, to the best of our knowledge, have cooperated fully with the FBI and law enforcement. Anytime they’ve had questions, we’ve answered. That’s all we can do right now. We’re trying to set people at ease a little bit. Right now, the kids are missing. We don’t know where they are, and there’s so much speculation because of this information that’s leaked in the accusations that Charles made in his paperwork, and people coming out of the woodwork to come after Chad or come after Lori.

<snip>

MBP: Yeah. I had my first initial meeting with Detective Hermosillo, and then I invited FBI into my home for a few hours and told them everything that I did know. My first meeting with FBI, I shared a lot of these things I’m sharing with you, Nate, and they were like, “OK, this isn’t where we thought this was going at all.” We haven’t heard this other side of why Lori would be doing what she’s doing and why she does not feel safe to say where her kids are and why she needs to protect them.

Interview with 12News:

MBP: This entire document that was illegally obtained by somebody just trying to hurt — this is old news. This is something Ian put together to protect us. When he went in with Natalie and all these ideas, that turned this entire investigation to a frenzy, this document was put together to give to our lawyers. This is what he went in with. Now we have to explain this to the fullness of truth that it is. In its entirety, there weren’t any facts to this. These were fears, these were worries.

<snip> He’s hearing these things from our exes who are working together to try and drive a wedge in between us. December was really tough. There were a lot of things being thrown around and the things in the document were the things that were given to Rexburg Police in December to continue confusing this case and mix it up with speculation and rumor by these documents and rumors that might be released — because it just leads the public to have more questions and more reason to believe these crazy things. And unfortunately, the truth isn’t as exciting as these crazy things, so we keep feeding them. This is what people want.

(Interviews with links are in the media thread starting here and then scrolling down to posts below it for the additional interviews ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION )
Thank you @Tortoise , this is very helpful. Do you know whether it has been ascertained who the old friend of Lori's was and how that friend came to the conclusion that Alex and Lori had hurt T and JJ?
"MBP: <snip> Where it comes down to Tylee and JJ and this zombie idea – it came from a disturbing phone call I got from one of Lori’s old friends right after they took off to Hawaii. She told me, “Lori and Alex did something to Tylee and JJ, and we don’t know where they’re at, and Lori has lied to you,” and all these things that didn’t feel right. On that phone call, I felt a lot of fear and doubt, and that’s when I kind of went into this worrying phase.

Thank you @Tortoise , this is very helpful. Do you know whether it has been ascertained who the old friend of Lori's was and how that friend came to the conclusion that Alex and Lori had hurt T and JJ?
"MBP: <snip> Where it comes down to Tylee and JJ and this zombie idea – it came from a disturbing phone call I got from one of Lori’s old friends right after they took off to Hawaii. She told me, “Lori and Alex did something to Tylee and JJ, and we don’t know where they’re at, and Lori has lied to you,” and all these things that didn’t feel right. On that phone call, I felt a lot of fear and doubt, and that’s when I kind of went into this worrying phase.
No it hasn't been stated. I suspect it might have been MG who was slowly adding up the dots but it could have been someone MG confided in. She spoke of a friend who helped her call Lori.

:) Well he also snuck into a temple to seal himself to his murdery spouse after telling people he is the prophet. I figure they don't check you at the door for a current membership and he isn't above doing it anyway.

Good point though. I've assume that he has been excommunicated since sometime last year but it could be after November.

They pretty much check you at the door. :) I am not going back down that road. Feel free to use the search feature for "temple recomnend". Jmo

Longtime lurker. First time poster.

I am a medical professional and cannot make myself believe that AC died of natural causes. There are two things I can think of that would cause blood clots in the lungs that are not “natural.” The first one is carbon monoxide poisoning and the second one is Organophosphorus poisoning.

What were the circumstances of his death? Who was around to report it? Did they look for causes of the blood clots (like a blood clotting disorder)? Just very difficult to believe that a young healthy person gets two pulmonary emboli that kills him with all of the other suspicious deaths around...

JMO

@KonaHonu I am choosing to tag you instead of reply. I was gone from here for a month or so but earlier on we weren’t allowed to link who we thought the wedding officiant was. Maybe if there was an msm article?

I posted it awhile back myself. Since he's named in documents as a witness. Jmo

Let's just call the nanny ourselves, and answer this mess.

What was so strange to me, is why Lori would even have to get a nanny just to babysit while she AND Alex went to the airport.

And why did Alex go to the airport with her vs. just by herself?

That is a conundrum I have! Why did she perhaps just feel the need to pull in a "witness" for such that day?

I'm trying to figure that one out as along with the rest of many here... it's the "why"....

Last edited:
She didn't lie to any police as far as we know. She lied to a reporter. If that were illegal all of our politicians would be in prison.
There are consequences to lying about an active criminal case, whether to police or not.

Case in point? After the interview with JC, law enforcement served a search warrant at her residence in Utah. It's sealed - but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if her insistence about the nature of that call triggered it.

Moral of the story? Open a door for Law enforcement and they're going to drive through it.

Longtime lurker. First time poster.

I am a medical professional and cannot make myself believe that AC died of natural causes. There are two things I can think of that would cause blood clots in the lungs that are not “natural.” The first one is carbon monoxide poisoning and the second one is Organophosphorus poisoning.

What were the circumstances of his death? Who was around to report it? Did they look for causes of the blood clots (like a blood clotting disorder)? Just very difficult to believe that a young healthy person gets two pulmonary emboli that kills him with all of the other suspicious deaths around...

JMO

But he was a truck driver of some sort- a high risk occupation for sedentary development of PE. As much strangeness as surrounds this case- and as suspicious as I have been of every single player from Day One - this is the ONE death I think could have been a straightforward natural cause.

Lori Daybell's best friend explains what happened when the dominoes began to fall

Good article about the first two parts of MG interview plus a new interview with a friend of Tylee's from Hawaii.

Snippets from the articles.

Still, Melanie planned a trip to Rexburg to visit Lori and Chad. When she arrived on a Thursday, JJ was there, but there was no sign and little talk of Tylee. Melanie said she was told Tylee was "at BYU Idaho" which didn't seem truthful to Melanie. This is when Melanie began hearing talk that Lori thought her son JJ was a zombie. Melanie says:

As I arrived on a Thursday, she had said he had turned into a zombie the day before I got there. She was pointing out behaviors of his like; ‘look how he’s doing this, it’s unusual’ or ‘look how he’s doing that.’ She was trying to create uncertainty in me about what I saw in his behavior [like] doubt. I was looking at him and I thought I don’t know, he kind of looks like JJ to me.”She would give me a few scenarios of different things he would say that sounded a little unusual. I didn’t hear him say it but she would share things, he said this, he said that.”
RELATED: Charles Vallow tells police his wife Lori Vallow wants him dead

This wasn't the first talk Melanie had heard of zombies and dark spirits. Lori believed her husband Charles Vallow had become an unclean spirit named Ned Snyder. Melanie says:

The first person, as we all know, is Charles was considered [a zombie]. That was brought to Lori’s attention by Chad on the phone. I was in her house when that phone call came in. He described to her that Charles was no longer Charles. This unclean spirit that was friends with Charles on the Earth, they used to be friends and has now passed on, and he is this unclean spirit on the Earth, roaming around, and now he’s attached himself to Charles and has now entered his body and taken over it so ‘he’s not really Charles anymore. He’s now this guy named Ned Snyder.”

Melanie Gibb says Alex Cox had told her he believed Lori "100%" and said he shot and killed Charles because he sincerely thought Charles was a zombie trying to harm his sister.

Lori was collecting about $6,000/month tax-free from three sources, Melanie says. Those are from the death of Tylee Ryan's father, the death of JJ's father Charles, as well as disability payments since JJ was listed as disabled.

Melanie Gibb also has a message for people who may still believe in Chad's teachings, like she once did.

One of the feelings that I did want to share to many people listening is that there are many people other than Chad that believe these teachings of many lives or multiple probations within our own church or close groups that are affiliated. And I want you to decide, as people that believe this, does having this information make you a better person? Does it make you loyal to your spouse? Does it make you feel like you’re better than other people? I’ll just say this, if this idea of multiple probations had not been introduced, nobody would have ever died because they never would have thought they were married before. This is dangerous doctrine because this is not how He works. He works in a pattern, I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. He does not make exceptions to the rule, he is no respecter of persons.”

Re Tylee's friend interview.

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KUTV) – A memorial Saturday night honored the life of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, days after their remains were found on Chad Daybell’s property.

KUTV: Kelly Vaughen reports

Dozens came out to honor and remember the children. Most were strangers to the children, members of a community mourning their loss as their own, but one of Tylee’s best friends also came from Utah to attend.

Alexcia Law said she grew up as essentially sisters with Tylee, and as Lori Vallow's "second daughter."

Alexcia met Tylee when they lived in Hawaii. Tylee’s mom, Lori Vallow Daybell, was the children’s leader at their church. Law said she and Tylee quickly became best friends.

c222f77c-9758-4293-a9ca-8f0f844d0007-medium16x9_VigilinIdahoFallsIdahoforJJVallowandTyleeRyanonJune12202020.PNG

Vigil in Idaho Falls, Idaho for JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan on June 12, 2020 (KUTV)

“She was always so happy, and she loved JJ, and she did everything with him,” she said.

She said she lived a few doors down from the Vallows. She remembered the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies Lori would often make for them.

“It is hard because I saw Lori as, like, my second mom," she told 2News on Friday.

1df56e77-7d00-4394-9461-d3086c26770c-medium16x9_VigilinIdahoFallsIdahoforJJVallowandTyleeRyanonJune12202019.PNG

Vigil in Idaho Falls, Idaho for JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan on June 12, 2020 (KUTV)

Law said she was heartbroken when she heard what happened to Tyee and JJ, and how Lori is in jail on charges related to their disappearance.

“Lori would talk about the end of the world and the second coming all the time. And she would joke about it; she’d be like, 'let’s go off a cliff.' She’s like, 'the world is going to end, let's just die all together.' And talk about running all of us off of a cliff together.”
Law said everyone took what Lori said as a joke, and that Tylee and Lori had a very close and loving relationship when she knew them.

She said she and Tylee lost touch when Law moved to Utah and Tylee to Arizona, but reconnected when Tylee’s dad, Charles Vallow, died.

“I texted her, I was like, 'I’m thinking about you and hope you’re OK.' She was like, 'I'm OK,' and I never heard from her again. It was really sad.“
Law said Tylee and JJ were "the sweetest people." She wants others to remember them for beyond how they died, but for the amazing people they were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member