Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/11/chad-daybell-lit-bonfires-where-remains-were-found-neighbor/

Daybell and Vallow bought pumpkins from a neighbor of Daybell's about a week before TDs Death.
How cold to bring LV there to meet the neighbors.
Some one must have told TD that CD was with another woman l.
ETA: I believe the MSM you have is WRONG about LV!!! See ETA's.

NOTE: If less than 60 minutes, you can edit your post as I think this might get legs.... if you choose to do so. Otherwise, this thread is going to get crowded with potential misinformation up front before folks read down?

----------------------------------------
That's wierd, as the MSM reports IIRC said that it was Chad and Tammy that came for the pumpkins. Durn! Does this MSM have it wrong or am I again wrong with recollection and need assistance?

"Price said he noticed something was off about Daybell’s behavior when Daybell and Vallow knocked on his door to buy pumpkins — a week before Tammy’s death."

ETA

Chad Daybell's neighbor describes 'strange' behavior after JJ and Tylee's disappearance

"He said Chad and his late wife, Tammy Daybell, came over to his house to buy pumpkins."

Family announces remains belong to 2 missing Idaho kids; Neighbor says tip about bonfires led to search warrant

"He recounted an incident where Chad and Tammy Daybell came to his house to buy pumpkins.

“We raise a little pumpkin patch every year,” he explained. “And Chad, his demeanor was very disconnected. He normally is more outgoing. He didn’t carry on a conversation with us or make eye contact with us. So we thought that was very odd behavior.”"

Last edited:
Longtime lurker. First time poster.

I am a medical professional and cannot make myself believe that AC died of natural causes. There are two things I can think of that would cause blood clots in the lungs that are not “natural.” The first one is carbon monoxide poisoning and the second one is Organophosphorus poisoning.

What were the circumstances of his death? Who was around to report it? Did they look for causes of the blood clots (like a blood clotting disorder)? Just very difficult to believe that a young healthy person gets two pulmonary emboli that kills him with all of the other suspicious deaths around...

JMO
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
about 4 months ago
ALEX COX’S DEATH - 911 TRANSCRIPT: On December 12, 2019, 25-year-old Joseph Lopez found Alex Cox passed out in a Gilbert home around 3:20 PM. Lopez tells the dispatcher Cox
is his mother’s boyfriend but doesn’t personally know him. Cox is found passed out in his own feces in the upstairs bathroom but breathing. Moments later as the call continues, Lopez says Cox isn’t breathing anymore. Finally, Lopez’s mother arrives and attempts CPR. The call lasts about seven minutes before Gilbert Police arrive.

We are still awaiting the autopsy report and cause of death for Alex Cox. We also have the 911 audio.

But we also found this. Clark County, NV marriage records show an Alexander Cox marrying Zulema Pastenes on November 29, 2019.

Details surrounding death of Lori Vallow's brother emerge

A statement from family attorney Robert P. Jarvis was released, which states:

The Maricopa County Medical Examiner determined that Alex Cox died from natural causes. The report, dated May 8, 2020,states the primary cause of death was “bilateral pulmonary thromboemboli”, a condition in which arteries in the lungs become blocked by blood clots. Atherosclerotic and hypertensive cardiovascular disease was named as a contributory cause of death.

Lori Daybell's brother Alex Cox died 'of natural causes' autopsy finds

Last edited:
What was so strange to me, is why Lori would even have to get a nanny just to babysit while she AND Alex went to the airport.

And why did Alex go to the airport with her vs. just by herself?

That is a conundrum I have! Why did she perhaps just feel the need to pull in a "witness" for such that day?

I'm trying to figure that one out as along with the rest of many here... it's the "why"....
It might have been just because it was a school night, in case they got back very late, and also he needed to eat because the nanny gave him a microwave meal. But you're right, Alex could have babysat JJ, so maybe there was another reason that Lori would spend money on a nanny.

She had the nanny over to meet JJ the day before, which was when MG says Chad told Lori that JJ was a zombie. I don't actually believe that Lori and Chad had that conversation but in terms of planning for what was next for JJ, I have wondered about Lori bringing a nanny into the picture. Lori is a planner, so what was her plan?

I could imagine she might have planned originally to say the nanny took him on a day trip (another day not the day of MG's arrival) and kidnapped him. But then had a different idea about telling people he'd gone to Kays. A nanny kidnapping story would blow up pretty large and people would then discover Tylee was missing too.

MOO - speculation

Last edited:

I am a medical professional and cannot make myself believe that AC died of natural causes. There are two things I can think of that would cause blood clots in the lungs that are not “natural.” The first one is carbon monoxide poisoning and the second one is Organophosphorus poisoning.

What were the circumstances of his death? Who was around to report it? Did they look for causes of the blood clots (like a blood clotting disorder)? Just very difficult to believe that a young healthy person gets two pulmonary emboli that kills him with all of the other suspicious deaths around...

JMO
Coincidences... take a lot of planning.

I welcome being challenged on this because I think if I am right it is very significant. And I mostly am basing my hypothesis on what makes more sense. That might be pretty dumb since nothing in this case has made any sense from the beginning

I used to fly a lot for work and it used to be that staying over a Saturday night saved a lot. But I'll take your word for it.

But if he wanted to get away from Tammy, every moment of freedom was probably valuable to him so any excuse to stay a couple of extra days would probably be exploited. But admittedly, my hypothesis depends strongly on this entirely speculative assumption that he would not make a day trip.

The one podcast I watched was JM, MG, and LV. It was suggested that MG wanted to do a podcast but needed JM to assist her. So I am thinking neither LV or MG are tech-savvy enough to pull off a podcast on their own. I really don't think it is rocket science but I think they would have needed help. I realize they would not have needed to be in the same place but I get the impression they were to eliminate the additional complexity. There is at least one where Chad called in from elsewhere and it was obvious.

Because the nanny said she went to pick a friend up at the Idaho Falls airport to pick up a friend. If it was MG and CD had gone to Phoenix the same day on a day trip you'd think someone would have mentioned it because they likely would have been on the same flight back to Idaho Falls. It's hard to check flight records now though. I just can't imagine there are too many options flying into IF in the evening. If MG came the prior weekend, it must have been someone else.

Most Flights in and out of Idaho Falls small airport are ridiculously expensive (preCovid anyway) and are very limited. This is why many people travel the 3 1/2 hours to Salt Lake City's international airport for flights. However, Allegiant does have reasonably priced flights to/from Idaho Falls to Mesa, AZ a few days a week. They are set dates and times and you just have to pick one and make it work with your schedule. PreCovid these flights were generally booked solid and it was not uncommon to run into people you knew on them.

I have followed WS for a long time but this is my first post. Ever. My apologies for intruding into what has been a very interesting discussion.

I am curious about something and I am hoping others might help. I went through the prosecution's witness list and there are several names there that I don't recognize at all, even though I've been following this case from the beginning. I know we are restricted in what we can say on this site, but are others as bewildered? I am familiar with disclosure obligations (at least in Canada), so I would expect that sources for LE would have to be listed here.
Welcome to WS @Pipersand :)

I think the simplest explanation for the events of the 19th was that Chad flew to Mesa to pick up Tylee's Jeep from whoever was keeping it in order to prevent that person from asking around about Tylee. After a somewhat arduous drive (13+ hours) he'd be back in Rexburg around oh-dark-thirty on the 20th.

There is no evidence that I have been able to find that the group convoyed the Jeep up when they first drove to Rexburg. Alex's truck was a crew cab which would hold two adults and two children. Lori may have been unwilling, or Alex unwilling to let her drive it alone to pick up Melanie Gibb while Alex watched JJ. Melanie Gibb's account and that of the babysitter are consistent and I accept that. I should also note that Gibb had a companion who lived in SW Utah and she may have proceeded there instead of returning directly to Arizona.

Has anyone else watched the part about Chad and Lori? It starts about 12:10. The THEORY is If I understand this correctly, in the beginning of the day of the police dig, there was a female in a baseball hat pointing out where the graves were?! Much like in the Kelsey Berreth case?! Supposedly some pictures are ‘out there’ but is it Lori?! It was said, it is hard to tell.
Interesting for sure.....
The woman in this photo is there in most of the photos, no handcuffs. I can’t imagine them needing her to be there physically. There were enough physical markers (buildings, posts, etc.) to get a dig. JMO, MOO

ETA If this is the woman in question, she is usually unattended in the photos, checking the various areas out. @vislaw photo history helps keep them together, thanks!

Attachments

• 706B0407-8945-4853-B8FB-40CE1ABCB290.jpeg
    706B0407-8945-4853-B8FB-40CE1ABCB290.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
The woman in this photo is there in most of the photos, no handcuffs. I can’t imagine them needing her to be there physically. There were enough physical markers (buildings, posts, etc.) to get a dig. JMO, MOO
I’m lost as to a man video, I believe he is a criminal lawyer stated that LV was woman in baseball cap at burial site. I watched it among other videos last evening. I hope he is correct and she had to see what she had done to these beautiful children! I hope she’s haunted for eternity! MOO

JMO
Thanks for this. Have you read the autopsy report? I am wondering whether we have any information about Alex's routine that day. The reason is, because of the time medical assistance was requested (mid afternoon) and also because it was mentioned in the autopsy that A had vomit in his lungs. My dear dad died of massive pulmonary embolism and died as soon as he got up (more or less) in the morning, the blood clot(s) in his leg, travelling up to his lungs. Whilst I acknowledge that not all cases are the same, my dad did not vomit beforehand. So, with my very limited medical knowledge I wondered whether, it is common to vomit before or during death? I have questions around the timing of his death with the cause of death listed on the death certificate, but don't know quite how to phrase them.

Surveillance, electronic communications after the fact, personal testimony, no buried dead raccoons, his tools used, dna evidence, dirt from the scene found on his shoes, etc...
He lived there. Of course he would have dirt on his shoes. His tools would have his dna from his use, but can you prove he used those tools for this? I have no doubt he did this but with it being his property and the site being so close to the fire pit which would have been a gathering place I’m hoping they have something more to convict him.

ETA If this is the woman in question, she is usually unattended in the photos, checking the various areas out. @vislaw photo history helps keep them together, thanks!
I agree. There appear to be three women in the photo. Two with baseball caps, one of which has a long blond ponytail. None of them look like LVD to me. To me they look like they are part of the team of investigators.
In my experience following cases, when a suspect or incarcerated witness is brought to a crime scene they are usually in prison provided clothing and cuffed. JMO

Edited to delete post carried over

I tend to agree with this, especially 5 lol!

So I think that rather than using the BC for themselves to create new identities, LV needed them to collect state benefits in the children’s name in whatever state she moved to. And also lends to me the idea that she was in it for the long haul. No doomsday in sight. A cold move and calculated move. MOO

And yes I said it like Mooo lol
Welcome to the rabbit hole we all have entered at one time or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member