Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. And as a reporter in a small town, or any town for that matter, having a good relationship with LE is important. He needs to show that they can trust him and in turn they will trust him.

I once worked on a project that got a LOT of media attention over a period of several years. I won't say what it was but it initially was of great scientific interest then morphed into a big environmental and cultural controversy. Ultimately the controversy had to be resolved by an act of Congress that effectively suspended dozens of other federal laws as they applied to us, so yeah, it was that big.

Anyway, one thing I learned is that very few media outlets get things right consistently even when they try. So I take most media reports with a grain of salt. After reading hundreds if not thousands of stories about us over several years from newpapers, magazines, networks, and so forth around the world, there is only one newspaper article that did not contain at least one error and it was in the Wall Street Journal. And we were featured in places like National Geographic, ABC News (Sam Donaldson), and pretty much every major newspaper in the US and Europe. Most of the times the errors were relatively minor but many demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of the science by the reporter. While that might be understandable, it translated into a story that seriously misled the public

I also learned that no matter how good your relationship, they have a job to do and if you stumble they will jump all over you and you have to respect that.

So I'm sure Nate has a close relationship with RPD based on mutual respect. But if a RPD cop were filmed beating someone (not that I see that happening) I think he'd be all over them as he should be. He seems to work hard to be fair and accurate and have no reason to doubt him specifically. But my past experience teaches me to never accept anything in the media as 100% accurate.

Your words of

"He seems to work hard to be fair and accurate and have no reason to doubt him specifically. But my past experience teaches me to never accept anything in the media as 100% accurate"

I have a conundrum as to why you are even mentioning accuracy with Nate. They were interviews.

It's like positive/then negatives I see from some folks who try to twist. I'm sure that's not what you are trying to do... but it's a pattern I see again and again.

Remember, Chad and Lori promised to tell their side of the story after all the drama in the media died
haha, yes I especially remember when Chad told that reporter in Hawaii that everything would be clear when the story worked through the legal system. I cannot think of one case where a perfect story was revealed in court that made sense and exonerated the suspects.

Last edited:
It's been discussed before as a possible dog or possibly a piece of equip but it really does look more so like a little dog, good job! It looks like you can see toenails and a tongue in this one. Jmo
ETA just saw the post of a pic from 11/23/19 weird place for a little dog or whatever it is. It is curious since it isn't from the dig.

The black dog may have belonged to one of Chuddys grandchildren?

RSBM

Right now I think there is a very real possibility that Lori arranged Tammy's demise when Chad was dragging his feet.

Sorry, I literally laughed out loud at this with a strong SMH.

Ummm, Chad was sleeping next to her supposedly when she dies with someone else in the home.

I saw a note where somebody was looking into satellite imagery and was suggested I might be able to help. Indeed, we work with imagery almost daily and we have a few sources for historical aerial imagery that we use in our forensic work. We also have a couple subscription services for high resolution imagery but rural Eastern Idaho is considered "low average interest" due to its population and demographics. Therefore, the available imagery is sparse and not high in resolution. The Google Earth historical aerials end at 2015 and I believe the few earlier historicals were quite poor in resolution. People (and even Google) use the term "satellite" to refer to aerials that are often actually acquired by aircraft flying preplanned grids.

There are, of course, several satellites operating commercially that acquire high resolution images and we have occasionally worked with Satellite Imaging to acquire imagery: https://www.satimagingcorp.com/satellite-sensors/ Given the territory in question, there simply may not be available imagery at the resolution required to discern evidence of digging. As you can imagine, the high resolution acquisition is dependent upon the satellite's overflight and it would be a crapshoot whether high resolution imaging of the Daybell property was done during the critical time in question. Moreover, cloud cover and lighting may make an image unsuitable for the purpose intended even if it was taken.

I believe trying to identify the time the digging occurred through satellite or aerial services would be prohibitively expensive in this case without a high confidence of success given the variables. Nevertheless, I'm happy to assist if somebody does want to fund this project.

So how did the FBI miss the bodies in the January search of the Daybell property? They stated the search was in relation to the missing children. They also referred to the property as an active crime scene.

I believe the ground scanners work in frozen ground. They were outside raking the snow around the house. Does a warrant specify where on the property they can search?

“Officers were searching for forensic evidence such as blood or chemicals, which might shed some light on the Daybell case.” I personally don’t think they thought the kids were buried on his property or else they might have done more. I think they were just searching for clothing or evidence in the house. JMO

Link: Police conclude search at Daybell home | East Idaho News

Your words of

"He seems to work hard to be fair and accurate and have no reason to doubt him specifically. But my past experience teaches me to never accept anything in the media as 100% accurate"

I have a conundrum as to why you are even mentioning accuracy with Nate. They were interviews.

It's like positive/then negatives I see from some folks who try to twist. I'm sure that's not what you are trying to do... but it's a pattern I see again and again.
Yes. In this case the Fremont coroner, a public funded, elected official, didn't follow procedure, and thank probably deprived Tammy Daybell of justice for perpetuity.

The reporter and the grandparents are the heroes here.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1273665926357938176

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

Officially filed. Not a surprise as Chad Daybell’s attorney asked to waive right to prelim hearing within 14 days. The prelim is set for 7/1-7/2, three weeks since Daybell’s first appearance. #fox10phoenix

10:16 AM · Jun 18, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
The wimp doesn’t want to show his face again. I figured as much when his lawyer filed a not guilty plea for him the other day.

“If you knew Tylee, she would probably be giving the biggest eye roll at all the drama unfolding in the media. To anyone using this terrible situation to express their hate and blame on others, she would probably tell you off- because she was the sassiest thing ever and wasn’t afraid to say how she felt.”

No, Melani. She wouldn't roll her eyes, and she won't. She won't, because she's either in a pitch dark box in a drawer somewhere, or she's spread out under harsh light on a table so strangers can pick through her remains in order to send them off to labs all over the country to try and figure out what the f--- happened to her. As opposed to, you know, her mother saying something. Tylee doesn't get to grow up, she doesn't get to go to university and watch the world unfold in front of her. She doesn't get to fall in love, hold hands at sunset, have children, and she doesn't get to do this because her mother killed her and her family absolutely failed her. That's who she'll tell off. Her father dies mysteriously, her step father is killed by her uncle, and none of that is unusual? I've got socks older than every one of her marriages. Protection orders? Installed cameras? Constant 'jokes' about the end of the world and killing the kids and you or anyone else didn't see these and other warning signs? Instead, you let Lori take you by the hand and you went with her. You bought into it because of your own lapses in personality. So instead of telling us what Tylee would do if she were with us today, why don't you tell us why you think Tylee isn't with us today and if there is anything you could have done about it.

Moo, etc.
'My cousins are beautiful souls.' Melani Pawlowski releases message expressing love for JJ and Tylee | East Idaho News

Seems Melani is more concerned about how she is and will be treated by the public, than she is about what happened to the children. She is such a loser.

What I'm trying to figure out is why they wheeled in the tire and the car seat into the storage unit, vs. just putting into the 3 garages they had for a short time period?

Didn't MP, AC and LV all live in the same complex/place where they had garages to put stuff in short term?

think... think... think..
pondering the same whilst walking the dog. Let me know if you come up with anything :)

“If you knew Tylee, she would probably be giving the biggest eye roll at all the drama unfolding in the media. To anyone using this terrible situation to express their hate and blame on others, she would probably tell you off- because she was the sassiest thing ever and wasn’t afraid to say how she felt.”

No, Melani. She wouldn't roll her eyes, and she won't. She won't, because she's either in a pitch dark box in a drawer somewhere, or she's spread out under harsh light on a table so strangers can pick through her remains in order to send them off to labs all over the country to try and figure out what the f--- happened to her. As opposed to, you know, her mother saying something. Tylee doesn't get to grow up, she doesn't get to go to university and watch the world unfold in front of her. She doesn't get to fall in love, hold hands at sunset, have children, and she doesn't get to do this because her mother killed her and her family absolutely failed her. That's who she'll tell off. Her father dies mysteriously, her step father is killed by her uncle, and none of that is unusual? I've got socks older than every one of her marriages. Protection orders? Installed cameras? Constant 'jokes' about the end of the world and killing the kids and you or anyone else didn't see these and other warning signs? Instead, you let Lori take you by the hand and you went with her. You bought into it because of your own lapses in personality. So instead of telling us what Tylee would do if she were with us today, why don't you tell us why you think Tylee isn't with us today and if there is anything you could have done about it.

Moo, etc.
'My cousins are beautiful souls.' Melani Pawlowski releases message expressing love for JJ and Tylee | East Idaho News
This, should be posted on the facebook page in response. MP and other family members need to be accountable for their omissions.

Oh my gosh, I had no idea Zillow links were not allowed on WS or are no longer allowed?! I didn't receive an alert violation on my last post... so I am assuming that's the reason? (self-alert on this post) I thought I was being helpful... saving fellow posters time on searching for info.

ETA: If anyone was offended by my post, my apologies. That was certainly not my intent and I'm sorry anyone might have read it as such.

Last edited:
According to MG, Lori wanted Chad to move to Arizona to be with her. Presumably this would happen after Tammy's death. Chad would have to take care of it on his own. In this scenario I don't see Lori's kids disappearing. A lot of people would notice it pretty quickly. Of course Chad wouldn't want to leave his children behind. If Chad had hopes that Lori would stay in Arizona, why kill anyone? Maybe her kids would still be alive if Tammy had died earlier. They were in the way when the duo was plotting Tammy's and Brandon's deaths.

Charles was declared a zombie in January and was killed in July. JJ was labeled such on September 18 and was last seen on the 23rd. That was very short. We don't know when Tylee became a zombie, but Lori was telling people earlier in the year that Tylee was a level 3 dark spirit. We don't know yet when exactly Chad decided that Lori's kids had to go and if it was before or after Lori's move to Idaho. If it was decided on the spot, then I see Lori being totally under Chad's spell, accepting whatever he threw at her next. It is also possible that they made some of the decisions together, but MG often says "Chad told Lori to/that..." in her interviews, so I believe he was the dominant one.

Keep in mind, these interviews were all done when Lori was behind bars.. and Chad was out for some time...after time.... so folks wanted to throw doubt on Lori and say Chad was mastermind ... vs. conspiracy, and they MOO had worked together for the deaths we see.

Moo, etc.

Awesome post, wish I could "like" this 1000 times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member