Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Chad initially plan to sell the house after Tammy's death? That way the would lose control over the property. What if the new owners found the bodies or allowed police to search in the backyard? Bringing in cadaver dogs would probably suffice.
He didn't sell it.

Where was that money going to come from? Didn't pan out with CV. Can't claim insurance money without producing bodies. I would bet they already had sky high credit card balances. AC surely knew by this point that LV did not have money. IMO think it was all to protect Lori from zombies. JMO!
She could have paid him with some of the $6k she was collecting every month for Tylee and JJ.

And according to his attorney, he was driving away to go turn himself in.
Yeah, right-- he waited until JJ's body was found and THEN was going to drive away and turn himself in??

WAIT--there were tons of LE and FBI right there in his own yard that he could have turned himself in to.
NOPE-- he was trying to run/escape IMO
He was waiting for the earthquake that would hit Utah and hide the bodies. ;-)

Some type of accelerant used? Or maybe just left it burning up all those (tree) limbs. Ugh, just typing that made a chill go down my spine...
The newly released affidavit states that some bones were found with some being charred so I take from that, that they tried to burn the body but it didn't all burn, so they buried what was left. It appears it was Tyler who was burned. IMO

This is all just unbelievable. What are the odds that a number of delusional, paranoid, homicidal, narcissists find each other and bond? But it happened here!
Amazing work by LE finding these two children’s location using cellphone info and traditional interviews.
Could this be more common in the prepper world?

And according to his attorney, he was driving away to go turn himself in.
Yeah, right-- he waited until JJ's body was found and THEN was going to drive away and turn himself in??

WAIT--there were tons of LE and FBI right there in his own yard that he could have turned himself in to.
NOPE-- he was trying to run/escape IMO
Flight response. He knew and then they knew and then he flew

Some one may have asked this previously so sorry if I missed it, but what I really don’t understand, not understanding cult level religious people in general, if they truly believed it was their mission to rid the world of zombies, why don’t they just now admit what they did and say that they did as they were called by their god to do and, therefore, performed a just service? Why lie about the situation, hide from and shirk the responsibility of their ”calling?” That they don’t express this, especially now that they are in jail, leads me to think that the clearing the world of zombies talk was just a ruse to be footloose and fancy free together. How can they plead not guilty if they really believe that what they did was right in the eyes of their god?

jmo

Well, it wasn't. They didn't fully destroy the remains.

Greater temperatures would have been needed to essentially cremate them. A bonfire isn't going to get it done which is why the remains are present.

My guess is they tried and realized the that it wasn't going to work and just buried. Or they wanted to burn it to the point that the smell of decay would not be present before burying. However, I'm not sure about that given it was only done to one of them
In the newly released affidavit, I believe it is stated that the remains found near the fire pit were "charred". I think they tried to burn the body but some of it didn't burn. They buried what was left.

Some one may have asked this previously so sorry if I missed it, but what I really don’t understand, not understanding cult level religious people in general, if they truly believed it was their mission to rid the world of zombies, why don’t they just now admit what they did and say that they did as they were called by their god to do and, therefore, performed a just service? Why lie about the situation, hide from and shirk the responsibility of their ”calling?” That they don’t express this, especially now that they are in jail, leads me to think that the clearing the world of zombies talk was just a ruse to be footloose and fancy free together. How can they plead not guilty if they really believe that what they did was right in the eyes of their god?

jmo
That exactly right. When Charles was killed, Alex claimed self-defense, not that he got rid of a zombie. These people know right from wrong.

I don't think Chad "sent Tammy away". I think she went to her parent's house to watch the LDS convention. (I'm not LDS, so don't know how all this works)
He didn't physically force TD to go visit her parents but I think he had a "divine intervention" from ancestors of some sort that advised him she should go visit her parents and he Urged her to go. IIRC
JMO

jmo

They may believe that they are in jail right now due to the “laws of man”. They follow the rule of their version of “God”, a higher power than the law of man. They do not believe in the legitimacy of mans law and don’t/won’t answer to them.

They claim , “not guilty” because they fully believe they were doing “Gods” work, ridding the world of dark spirits and preparing for the second coming.

or......

All of the above made for a convenient, self serving cover story for one or both of them.

That exactly right. When Charles was killed, Alex claimed self-defense, not that he got rid of a zombie. These people know right from wrong.

Absolutely! Obfuscate, redirect, talking in circles, hiding bodies, attempting to burn the evidence (their bodies), fleeing the state, etc. They knew dam well what they were doing was wrong!

Well, I admit I am totally hung up on Joe Ryan, and the justice he deserves....and hope LE/FBI takes more time to investigate... As I have often said, I believe this was Lori and Alex's test case.

We should get Tammy's results before too long. Recently, I am feeling very uncomfortable though...feeling they can't find what we all need to be satisfied. ha ha

This case and the remnants (no pun intended) will be around for over a decade, for sure.

Hey, I'm even waiting for husband #1 or #2 to come out of the woodwork to entertain us for a while.
Plenty of people have been convicted of murder in cases where the murder weapon was never found. Even if Tammy’s autopsy shows no signs of poison, with enough circumstantial evidence I believe murder charges will still be filed. Especially given she was embalmed and buried first.

Some telling cell phone pings, a sketchy raccoon text or three, testimony about defendant’s state of mind, google searches for various poisons—IMO there’s a good chance prosecution can eliminate reasonable doubt even if the autopsy is a bust.

Last edited:

Cult thinking would explain that as knowing the difference between the laws of man and higher spiritual laws. AC told MG that he absolutely believed in zombies, which from what I can tell is the same as demon possession. A whole lot of the world believes in demon possession.
They may believe that they are in jail right now due to the “laws of man”. They follow the rule of their version of “God”, a higher power than the law of man. They do not believe in the legitimacy of mans law and don’t/won’t answer to them.

They claim , “not guilty” because they fully believe they were doing “Gods” work, ridding the world of dark spirits and preparing for the second coming.

or......

All of the above made for a convenient, self serving cover story for one or both of them.

That's just what I was going to say! JMO

I wonder about Lori's mom assuring everyone she talked to JJ for a long time in October. I bet she's regretting that now. MOO
With this latest release, I’m hoping the media tour is finished for good. I don’t want to hear another word from any of these people unless it’s to answer charges in court.

Of what benefit would it be for Alex to have JJ and Tylee dead? Only the person in whose care they were entrusted, and who was responsible for their day to day well-being would benefit from their deaths. IMO
LVD would definitely benefit as she was still receiving both Tylee and JJ's SS benefits -- for awhile nobody outside their little group did NOT even know the kids were missing, much less buried in a back yard.
So she was able to keep on collecting $$, using TR's bank card and frolicking in Hawaii.
I wonder if SS admin cut off the benefits once she was arrested ??
She did not provide proof of death or proof of life to the court so probably no more benefits.

jmo

You know, at least Charles Manson and his followers stayed true to their craziness to the very end. They didn't try to hide it, or run. When they were caught, they were defiant in their "cause", whatever it was.

LVD cannot now transform herself into a crazy, dependent woman who did CD's "bidding". That ship has sailed.

Looking forward to July 21 for LV to spill. (If she hasn't yet). Unless CD has been using his visits to her to change that date maybe? How on Earth did nobody have guts to tell CD that he's talking crazy.? All these people just believed this douche? I don't trust any of the side characters in the story except k woodcock and Larry and Brandon.

the fact that she would call Melanie when FBI came lets me think that there's something else Melanie knew.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980