Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to Nancy Grace’s latest podcast episode on Tylee and JJ. I am so sick. Nate Eaton just said Tylee was dismembered before death. However, Nancy let it ride without asking about that detail, making me wonder if he misspoke. Did anyone listen to it? If so, did you hear that? It starts at the 26 minute mark. Maybe he misspoke? (I’m just praying he did.)
(Ebm because my phone keeps correcting to Tyler when I type Tylee. Sorry.)

Breaking News: Cult Mom Lori Vallow children duct taped, wrapped in plastic, dismembered from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

He said that he misspoke on his Twitter:

1/2 This morning in an interview with
@NancyGrace
I misspoke when I said Tylee Ryan was dismembered BEFORE she died. It is true that this beautiful teenage girl was dismembered, but court documents released thus far do not indicate when that happened.

https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow/status/1275591760626855941?s=20

2/2 The interview was at 6:30 am and sleep has been hard to come by lately. (Still - not an excuse). I didn’t even know I had said it until many of you reached out to me. I apologize for the confusion and misinformation! I will watch my words more carefully.
https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow/status/1275591889127763969?s=20

The side by side matches are very helpful for picturing.
I totally agree it's that set of pots: I wasn't taking issue with that. But I don't know if you could stand in that corner where the guy with the blue baby pack is and come up with a context for the threesome. Where do you stand to get that exact backdrop that the threesome are in? I'm looking at the volume of greenery in the far ground.

I'm thinking the answer is that the Park Service had to re-design the boardwalk because of pot activity and lopped off a section, so the corner is in a different place. I note that the woman with the red-trimmed straw hat is looking down, so there's a pot, like, in front of her feet.

As I say, I'm always astonished when I go to YNP how much it's changed since the last time I was there. New features all the time.

It can be difficult to see spatial relationships from oblique photos. I did go ahead and check the historical aerials and this particular boardwalk and corner have not changed in more than 20 years. This particular shot is from 2016 but you can conform the view by studying the overhead aerial and associated landmarks. I've shown the photographer (LORI) in green with her position on the boardwalk. Her camera is sufficiently wide angle to capture the wooden rails in the orientation you see. I've projected a sight line from her position to the geologic feature marked "A" and show it on the overhead aerial. This matches up with the position shown in the photograph in question.
Photogrammetry.jpg

Honestly it's a better photo of all of them. Out of respect for the kids' memory? Perhaps for a better chance of somebody ID'ing Alex from that day?

But yes, maybe a subtle manipulation of Lori or Chad to let them know "hey, we have those files you thought you deleted". Does LE engage in those tactics? I know they do in elaborate TV dramas, but am not sure if that happens in real life, mainly because cops are not typically subtle and criminals are not typically smart enough to decipher subtext.

ETA: I don't mean to be insulting to cops, re subtlety. I just mean that police tend to be clear and direct about what they're messaging, even if they're engaging in some subterfuge. In the case of the picture, there seems to be no messaging at all.

No "maybe" about your second paragraph; like the 60 burner phone tweet and the MG interview (which, remember, was redacted in the middle), the FBI engages in mind games all the time. Profilers don't just sit there passively waiting for inputs.

Additional testing ordered on remains of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan | East Idaho News
“Outside and ancillary testing has been ordered and will take several weeks to return. Once all results are received, the forensic pathologist’s reports will be provided to the Fremont County Coroner,” Ada County Coroner Dotti Owens said in a news release.

Does this mean that they weren't able to determine COD from the initial results? Or that they are matching up results with other autopsies performed (TD, AxC)?

Remember that memorial video SS put together about brother AC?
All those pictures with her kids? None of JJ and Tylee..

Wonder what she is thinking now??
She put plenty of pics of JJ and Tylee in her fb apology post (featured in MSM). She wrote that she was wrong, but she didn't specify that it was wrong to support Lori. I read it as being wrong about the children's fate.

It can be difficult to see spatial relationships from oblique photos. I did go ahead and check the historical aerials and this particular boardwalk and corner have not changed in more than 20 years. This particular shot is from 2016 but you can conform the view by studying the overhead aerial and associated landmarks. I've shown the photographer (LORI) in green with her position on the boardwalk. Her camera is sufficiently wide angle to capture the wooden rails in the orientation you see. I've projected a sight line from her position to the geologic feature marked "A" and show it on the overhead aerial. This matches up with the position shown in the photograph in question.
Photogrammetry.jpg
For that to be an accurate representation of a picture of Lori, her head would have to be flirtatiously tipped to one side. (Kidding! But, I've never seen a photo of her where it wasn't!)

It is awesome to have your skills and helpful assistance on this board.

?
The probable cause affidavit makes it perfectly clear both MG and DW stayed at Lori's apartment that night, staying up late doing a podcast and waking up around 8-9am. (paragraphs 24-26).
You are completely right, thank you for stopping me going down that rabbit hole :). I somehow missed the line in paragraph 24. And DW's statement in "Dateline" about coming to say "goodbye" led me astray, as well as the fact that LV talked about JJ making noise and being taken away by AC before they came (which would be kind of strange if they all stayed in the townhouse).

Last edited:
For that to be an accurate representation of a picture of Lori, her head would have to be flirtatiously tipped to one side. (Kidding! But, I've never seen a photo of her where it wasn't!)

It is awesome to have your skills and helpful assistance on this board.

If I had a little more time I would have pulled one of her jail garb photos and composited it in. That would be amusing!

All fiction to me. From Suzanne Freeman's interview, he never mentioned NDEs at all. One who has had them would so definitely share with someone else who had them. If he was an experienced publisher...perhaps not. But Chad was just a doufus starting his business when he met Suzanne, I just feel there is zero possibility that he would not share this "soul experience" with her, if any were real.

And I do believe in NDEs for sure. My mother was in a fire, and pronounced dead TWICE.... she shared what she had experienced, from her ICU bed, and said no one believed her.
But weeks later, when I brought it up again, she looked at me like I was crazy, telling me she had no such experience. (This was before Kubler-Ross's books.)
Thanks for sharing about your mom. I am sorry you all had that happen. I also doubt his NDE's but wondered about the grandpa story as a trigger to his fabrications. No one can fact check a private spiritual experience and he may have figured that out?

Yes MNN is everywhere!
I was in the area earlier this year to provide care for my Mom. She passed away and I told 1 friend that morning who shared with my Mom's neighbor - who promptly got on the local Ward's FB page and announced the passing of my mom. Members in the ward (that my mom did not attend) told neighbors and my extended family members found out on FB before I had opportunity to notify them. I asked the person who posted directly to the Wards FB to take down the post immediately and they did but it was already too late (all within 3 hours).

Local channels are limited - EIN & KIFI (localnews8) are the only ones I know of in IF. Most folks get their cable channels out of SLC or sometimes Denver (I am told).
I couldn't help but laugh at your post. I grew up in a very small town. There was absolutely nothing kept secret. Between my mom and her circle of friends they knew everything. Lol. Thanks for the laugh and the memories.

Of course, we don't have any idea what evidence has been accumulated, what evidence is yet to be found and whether or not someone will confess. It sure appears that Lori and Chad were pretty incompetent at pulling off these murders and the mistakes they made are going to be revealed as numerous and significant.

Let's assume both will be represented with good and capable defense attorneys and consider the options for the defense. First and foremost, it is almost certain that neither will take the stand. Not only would they be exposed to withering cross examination, an attorney is prohibited from allowing his/her client to testify to knowing falsehoods and preparing an adequate defense is going to result in an inventory of problematic areas. The tiny sliver of evidence we know of now absolutely links Chad to the burial site and Lori to the children and Alex at the location and time of their disappearance and respective demises and there will certainly be more. This will leave their attorneys in the unenviable (and yet common position when representing a guilty person) of having very little affirmative evidence that can be presented at trial. Thus, the best choice of the few available will be the standard defense: 1) The state has the burden of proof and, 2) We need only raise reasonable doubt to win. As I evaluate this case, Alex as the fall guy will be fool's gold. Alex was Lori's brother and the evidence shows extraordinary interweaving of their lives and actions -- especially at the time of the murders. Moreover, Chad's conduct and actions also are interwoven with Alex tightly, including the extraordinary fact that their remains were buried on his property while he was present. Under these facts, pointing the finger at Alex as a murderer will necessarily tar both of them as well and subject both of them to conspiracy and the same penalty that would have befallen Alex, had he survived.

For Lori to now try and claim that Alex was the bad guy and she went along with it out of fear or coercion would not only be laughable, it would require her or Chad to testify to those facts. Without that testimony there is no way for counsel to present such a fairy tale to a jury -- a huge conundrum for the defense in this case. Indeed, Alex's death creates huge problems for them because he can't testify now and the evidence of his movements is damning. There are too many known facts, combined with too many provable lies and acts of deception for either to escape conviction for murder in my opinion.

And it makes one ponder, how many of both families (and/or friends) will be the next "Cindy and George Anthony". That they not only will allow all the family secrets to come out, but will actually fall on the sword and lie in court as Cindy did, and George allowed? MOO

I think if it comes to that, it will be a family divided that some were never told of these fantasies/laying ground work for the serial killers. MOO

Again, which family members and friends will sit with Kay and Larry and Annie if they all attend.. and again with the stand up man from the beginning also,Colby.

MOO

Last edited:
This video features ES, JR as well as (briefly) an expert on Mormon studies. JR tries to sell some of her visions, but also goes on the record saying that Chad murdered Tammy. According to her he could have used some sort of spiritual weapons (such weapons are also mentioned in Chad's manifesto). JR also believes that Alex was murdered. IMO her guesses are as good as anyone's. Apart from her communication with Chad about Tammy, JR has no proof of his guilt.

JR and ES explain that Chad as a spiritually gifted man was being deceived (presumably by the devil). Where's personal accountability in that?

MOO I am just amazed at how fast her rhetorics change! From "CD is the best guy in the world", "we see things the same way" to high level energy spiritual murderer and rapist.
Not a reliable witness IMO. Who knows maybe at a trial would be a completely new, absolutely unexpected view of CD, if she was to testify.

And it makes one ponder, how many of both families (and/or friends) will be the next "Cindy and George Anthony". That they not only will allow all the family secrets to come out, but will actually fall on the sword and lie in court as Cindy did, and George allowed? MOO

I think if it comes to that, it will be a family divided that some were never told of these fantasies/laying ground work for the serial killers. MOO

Again, which family members and friends will sit with Kay and Larry and Annie if they all attend.. and again with the stand up man from the beginning also,Colby.

MOO
Given some of the eccentricities of LVD's family of origin and having observed their propensity to blame-shift and/or expand constitutional principles to include the absurd as needed, I have serious concerns that this case (at least where LVD is concerned) may turn into something like what we saw in the Casey Anthony case.

All it needs is an attention-seeking attorney out to make a name for himself or herself with a recipe to bake chaos using peripheral characters willing to offer themselves up as ingredients. A death penalty case would likely attract one.

The side by side matches are very helpful for picturing.
I totally agree it's that set of pots: I wasn't taking issue with that. But I don't know if you could stand in that corner where the guy with the blue baby pack is and come up with a context for the threesome. Where do you stand to get that exact backdrop that the threesome are in? I'm looking at the volume of greenery in the far ground.

I'm thinking the answer is that the Park Service had to re-design the boardwalk because of pot activity and lopped off a section, so the corner is in a different place. I note that the woman with the red-trimmed straw hat is looking down, so there's a pot, like, in front of her feet.

As I say, I'm always astonished when I go to YNP how much it's changed since the last time I was there. New features all the time.
Jumping off your post here. I wanted to check who released the new picture before posting my comment. Is it possible that LE wants to show all three as victims? My reasoning is, this is a beautiful photo. If it was to celebate the children, then I believe the FBI would have cropped AC out.

Never apologize for asking questions here. Besides, that is an excellent question to raise. Defense lawyers have approaches when dealing with defendants who are guilty. Typically a lawyer will commence by warning a client to not tell him anything unless and until he asks. It is not uncommon for a defense attorney to talk in hypotheticals such as, "you know, Lori, if you were acting under duress it might help your defense." That may seem disingenuous, but it is technically appropriate as long as the attorney does not knowingly suborn perjury. The problem with this type of approach is that he can't "help" Lori invent such a story without Lori being willing to testify. She can spin all the tales she wants, including space aliens, but the defense must have proof through either her testimony or that of someone else before making such a claim against Alex. MM or whomever represents her will recognize this is a loser and the best shot would be a confession and a plea deal.

I'm not a lawyer either, but my guess is sure he can. Defense is a strategy that has to be discussed and decided upon, I believe. Remember Jose Baez framing Casey's defense on blaming George Anthony for Caylee's death? Surely he knew that wasn't true.

... yet we have the Casey Anthony case....

may that never happen again, and hoping the prosecution readies for folks to get on the stand and lie through their teeth MOO

Last edited:
Jumping off your post here. I wanted to check who released the new picture before posting my comment. Is it possible that LE wants to show all three as victims? My reasoning is, this is a beautiful photo. If it was to celebate the children, then I believe the FBI would have cropped AC out.
I don't think so. What exactly would be AC the victim of? They say he died of natural causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme