Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping off your post here. I wanted to check who released the new picture before posting my comment. Is it possible that LE wants to show all three as victims? My reasoning is, this is a beautiful photo. If it was to celebate the children, then I believe the FBI would have cropped AC out.

That was bothering me too. The new photo of Tylee and JJ is both heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time.

The camera catching the love they had for each other is beautiful, yet a short time later Tylee would no longer be with us and JJ was not far behind.

So right, why keep the man they suspect snuffed out both of these beautiful souls in the picture?

I don't think so. What exactly would be AC the victim of? They say he died of natural causes.
You are quite right, AC is not deemed to be a murder victim. I was using 'victim' in another sense. I should think its just the prosecution trying to change the perception of AC (maybe).
EBM - sp

That was bothering me too. The new photo of Tylee and JJ is both heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time.

The camera catching the love they had for each other is beautiful, yet a short time later Tylee would no longer be with us and JJ was not far behind.

So right, why keep the man they suspect snuffed out both of these beautiful souls in the picture?
I don't think AC killed them, i really don't.
MOO

It can be difficult to see spatial relationships from oblique photos. I did go ahead and check the historical aerials and this particular boardwalk and corner have not changed in more than 20 years. This particular shot is from 2016 but you can conform the view by studying the overhead aerial and associated landmarks. I've shown the photographer (LORI) in green with her position on the boardwalk. Her camera is sufficiently wide angle to capture the wooden rails in the orientation you see. I've projected a sight line from her position to the geologic feature marked "A" and show it on the overhead aerial. This matches up with the position shown in the photograph in question.

This is a great way to communicate their positioning!

Thank you!

For those of us who have never been to Yellowstone and/or are visual learners this helps!

Last edited:

Maybe the release of the photo doesn't mean anything in particular in relation to the case except that the people investigating it are human too and they just went through the awful and painstaking process of locating and digging up these two innocent children's remains.

Perhaps they prefer to remember Tylee and JJ smiling and enjoying themselves one last time together before Tylee's life was snuffed out and her remains were treated so inhumanely. That's how I am going to think of this photo release until I have clear evidence to the contrary.

You are quite right, AC is not deemed to be a murder victim. I was using 'victim' in another sense. I should think its just the prosecution trying to change the perception of AC (maybe).
EBM - sp
In what sense is AC the victim?

But is that MNN in the prison?

I hope someone who knows pipes in here... I have wondered at times, about what cable channels are permitted in prisons, and which may not be permitted. I have daydreamed about "what if prisoners watched Fox news all day", or Court Tv, or Dateline. you get the gist....are their restrictions.
Under Arpaio, IIRC, inmates only had the weather channel on TV.

RSBM

Perhaps they prefer to remember Tylee and JJ smiling and enjoying themselves one last time together before Tylee's life was snuffed out and her remains were treated so inhumanely. That's how I am going to think of this photo release until I have clear evidence to the contrary.

That is a lovely way to think about it!

Both so full of life and promise...:(

I agree we may never know the complete truth. 100% agree all blame will be place on Alex, whether true or not.

@Jankee I'm so sorry for how jarringly difficult this whole series of events has to be for you, and the toll it has inevitably taken on you. It's a little too easy for us to attribute evil to people we don't know, have never met, and in this case, who can no longer speak for themselves. I will try to do a better job being mindful of that as I think about Alex as a 3-dimensional human being.

I don't think AC killed them, i really don't.
MOO

Here's the thing: when you look at the murders/deaths of Charles, Tammy, Tylee, and JJ, CD and LV each have something to gain from them, apart from any supposed religious motivations.

To me, AC killing these four people (two whom he appeared to care deeply for, and one whom he may not have ever even met) solely out of religious fervor... feels like we're missing something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm don't recall reading anything about AC being a particularly religious/spiritual person prior to all this, and just the fact that he had facial hair makes me suspect he wasn't strongly invested in the LDS community (here in Utah, that's usually a fairly good sign someone isn't LDS).

I wonder if there was some other sort of manipulation (blackmail, even?) at play here. I mean, I love my siblings, but there are limits to what I'd do for them, and watching the police footage of LV's attitude after CV's death, she doesn't seem concerned in the least bit at the possibility that her brother may be facing murder charges. I know we've mentioned how unfeeling she seemed toward CV, but the fact is, she doesn't really seem to be going out of her way to protect AC, either.

MOO

I question that a little bit because no one was looking for the children until Kay notified authorities in November. Before that, MG had no reason to defend LVD or CD, aside from maybe defending their quickie marriage.

But MG was the one who went to the police after CD and LVD asked her to lie, and after that, by her own account, she went into hiding, so I doubt (JMOO) there were any more podcasts, and she remained in hiding until CD was arrested, out of fear of him I'm guessing.

I just have to wonder if anyone from that tight-knit group is still around that could take revenge on MG?

It would be prudent to grant that there are indeed people capable of harming those they think have betrayed them or laid them open to scrutiny. It is doubtful they'd try it now though though I can think of at least one reason someone might but it has little to do with it being personal.

There is an in between spot where you could have brought attention and scrutiny but not enough that you're notable that might leave that person in danger. The other two places are quiet and hidden, which she tried at the beginning, and the other is so far out that any attempt on you or someone around you becomes a potential death sentence for the people attacking you. MG seems to have gone from one to the other. However if any of the people involved are particularly attached to their common mythos, petty and dangerous she could be in danger later. Mostly if she doesn't cut all contacts with this group so that she no longer has overlap with them. She is clearly reluctant to do so.

I feel we can all relate to the practice of taking a picture... taking one, and then telling everyone "to look at the camera". They do look like split second shots to me....

For sure. Not split-second, but certainly within 2-5 seconds is plausible to account for her changing positions and saying something in between. But it wasn't a burst-mode series of shots. She would have pressed the shutter button separately for each of these. JMO

... yet we have the Casey Anthony case....

may that never happen again, and hoping the prosecution readies for folks to get on the stand and lie through their teeth MOO
You know, I was actually thinking of that when I wrote that comment and almost added it to my discussion. Jose raised the theory of George being responsible in his opening statement and he never produced any evidence supporting the theory. I believe he could and should have been sanctioned for that ploy but the judge allowed him to get away with it. What did make that situation different than here is the fact that George was on the witness list and was called at trial. In this case Alex is dead and not subject to cross examination. I expect the prosecution will be very vigilant in this case.

I believe AC did help in the removal of the bodies and burial. I feel Chad did the digging, shooting and burning. Lori did kill both children. That’s my opinion.

Waiting to see what happens!!!!

I'm with you on this.

AC was LV's older brother and grew up protecting her. She, as pointed out in by another poster in an above post, does not seem to care nearly so much about what happens to him.

I do think LV killed the children, and to protect her from any inquiry or charges, both AC and CD went into "protect Lori" mode.

I would not be surprised if LV is responsible for both TD and AC later dying, too, same MO.

As you say, waiting to see what happens!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668