Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have the link handy, but both Chad and Lori made statements to people that Tylee was dead and Lori had no minor children.

Is that evidence of harm, or that the children are gone?

Well they are gone, do they get to get away with it?

I also feel like it's possible that the statement an insider gave about Lori saying that maybe she should just drive off a cliff with the kids in it is evidence of a threat/potential for abuse/harm...

I don’t have the link handy, but both Chad and Lori made statements to people that Tylee was dead and Lori had no minor children.

Is that evidence of harm, or that the children are gone?

Well they are gone, do they get to get away with it?
Someone brought up Elizabeth Johnson earlier, she not only told the father their son was dead, but that she murdered him. It took them a long time to get her on custodial interference, and that was with a father that had sole legal custody. If it took that long to nail someone who flat out said they murdered their child and was already in trouble for running off with a kid she didnt have custody of, I cant see the police moving any faster on this.

The case was still open. It's possible that either the police were still poking around and asking questions because of the conflicting witness statements or Tylee and/or JJ said or did something once in Rexburg that caused Lori and Alex to worry about their cover story.

There was an abrupt shift a week or two after arriving in Rexburg. Maybe that was planned to get the kids away from prying eyes before they disappeared or maybe there was a triggering event. Either way, I think it's connected to Charles. MOO

Recently media quoted local PD saying the only reason the case is still open is that the kids are missing. If she was trying to stave off an investigation into Charles' death by hiding the kids, she did just the opposite.

I wouldn't think she would have legal standing to be in the court?
But she is both a blood relative of JJ and an adopted aunt. And the welfare check was initiated by her testimony so she will surely have to be there to explain that I would think. What other family of JJ's and Tylee could be there do you think? The other grandparents and aunts/uncles? Chad's relatives? Who would be allowed in court? LE made the unusual decision to publicise this so why was that?

I also feel like it's possible that the statement an insider gave about Lori saying that maybe she should just drive off a cliff with the kids in it is evidence of a threat/potential for abuse/harm...
Since these are not clear and direct threats and hearsay, i doubt they would be useful criminally; however, perhaps if these were put in Affidavits, the circumstances may be enough for a judge to give custody to the state since that's a family court matter. If we have a lawyer in the forum, they may be able to speak a little more about this. I do have a background with family court and child custody/ abuse/ neglect. And based up on the statements alone, there wouldn't be enough to accept a report for investigation for CPS as there is nothing that makes direct threats. I think that medical records for the kids or getting mom's mental health records (if they have a warrant) would be a little more concrete. If they can show there's a serious mental illness history along with these sorts of statements or something concerning in kids medical history, that may assist more with a circumstantial case. As for my personal opinion, i think there's more than enough to move on this, get mom in and start questioning her. But the law doesn't care about my views, haha.

I guess I've moved on from the 5pm deadline as I don't think Lori nor the children will be in Rexburg, and I'm now wondering if LE has gained some evidence showing when and how JJ & Tylee "disappeared".
Yes, I believe they know that the children will not be produced and Lori will not come. I so hope that I am wrong.

Casey Anthony, Elizabeth Johnson.

Also Lori was giggling after Charles was murdered in her home. She wasn't upset. Didn't shed a tear. She's cold.
Anthony goes into the new mom still wants to party category. Johnson was in a group I forgot, people who hate the other parent so much and have generally lost a custody battle now in a 'If I cant have them, no one can' mindset. That still doesn't apply to Lori, anyone she was involved with to hate so passionately was dead. Who knows, maybe in her off camera time all Lori can talk about is being a god. She might be less stable than she seems and still nuts enough to off her kids for whatever reason. I agree she's cold. Didn't seem to care when Tylees dad died either, but she painted him as an abuser. Didn't care when Charles died, but then again Charles didn't die, that was Nick. Makes you wonder why she didn't say Nick stole her purse and keys though. She would be a new breed of psycho to just kill her kids, one basically able to start fending for herself, and one that would gladly be taken back in by family who loves him, just to run off with a doomsday potato. I'm not saying she couldn't have done it, I'm just proposing a possible outcome where she didn't.

Recently media quoted local PD saying the only reason the case is still open is that the kids are missing. If she was trying to stave off an investigation into Charles' death by hiding the kids, she did just the opposite.

Very true. That's why I don't think she's hiding the kids. She and Alex did something horrible that set her on a slippery slope path of tying up loose ends. While she may be under scrutiny, she's still been living in the lap of luxury on an island paradise and so far only seems to be facing minimal charges. So in that respect, she's been pretty successful. This case is probably going to drag on for years. MOO

Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney. However, my opinion from following other cases here is that they will eventually be arrested if they don't produce the kids. It seems like the process is simply different/slower/more complex here than it is in the UK. As more time passes without anybody having seen the kids to verify that they are in fact alive, the fact of how long it has been alone can become part of the evidence/probable cause for more warrants to be issued.

I don't think it is any coincidence that the child protection order was served on Lori just after 4 months had passed without any confirmed sightings of JJ and Tylee (they were last seen Sept 23 or Sept 24 and the order was served on Jan 25, with additional search warrants served Jan 26). Police have indicated that the children are not in Hawaii and there is no evidence the children were ever with Lori and Chad in HI. They have known about Chad and Lori's location for weeks. But for some reason LE did not serve them with this order or additional search warrants before now. I think there must be some law that the Madison County Prosecutor was able to use that involves that passage of time (4 months). Maybe a homeschooling law or maybe something to do with the social security benefits the children would be receiving due to their fathers being deceased. I don't know what law it could be. But my opinion is that 4 month time mark was used to get the order and the additional warrants. They are very slowly building a case with everything they have gathered. We don't know what evidence they have or what they lack still to prove foul play. Unfortunately, if they don't have evidence of the kids being dead such as their blood in a vehicle or house it can take a lot longer for an arrest.

MOO.
Well I just don't understand the wait and the publicising of this if they were able to get search warrants in Rexburg, what was the probable cause then when it had only been 2 months?

I do wonder if in September JJ had maybe been mentioning to school and neigbours that his dad was shot. I mean a 7 year old would remember that and JJ's memory was remarkable according to Kay.

Very true. That's why I don't think she's hiding the kids. She and Alex did something horrible that set her on a slippery slope path of tying up loose ends. While she may be under scrutiny, she's still been living in the lap of luxury on an island paradise and so far only seems to be facing minimal charges. So in that respect, she's been pretty successful. This case is probably going to drag on for years. MOO
That may explain Alex's death. Maybe his conscience got the best of him. Just couldn't live with himself.

Well I just don't understand the wait and the publicising of this if they were able to get search warrants in Rexburg, what was the probable cause then when it had only been 2 months?

I do wonder if in September JJ had maybe been mentioning to school and neigbours that his dad was shot. I mean a 7 year old would remember that and JJ's memory was remarkable according to Kay.
Again hearsay, someone giving dates on JJ's school enrollment said they had a kid in his class in ID. No mention of 'and he was telling the kids his dad was murdered'.

I will be surprised if they don't commit suicide, as cold as this may sound. I don't see them facing whatever is waiting for them. And, at this point, if they still believe they can get away with this mess, then they're crazy.

First of all you can't take what you can't find. Second no crime has actually been committed. Everybody saying that it's not a custody battle, It's definitely not a crime case. law enforcement can't technically identify if it's a custody battle but with they can identify is acrime that has been committed. So far they haven't or else they would be in jail. You especially have identified what terrible parents would do, but not what parents that are breaking the law would do. The courts will not take her kids or even hear a custody battle if they don't have evidence that she is actually breaking the law in which in this case may need the kids to be shown. Hence hide the kids. I stand by my earlier statement and opinion. -MOO. BTW Don't get me wrong I think Lori' and Chad are ******* and unfortunately our weak laws protect them.
Well now there is a child protection order in place and LE have told us that so if there is no show of Lori and kids, the custody or other battles will start IMO. If someone is sitting watching this with the kids, then they too will be in breach of that protection order also. I believe that is the reason for taking the unusual step to publicise it. I hope it works how the courts want it to work.

Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) | Twitter

Garna Mejia was at Chad's old house in Salem half hour ago.

ETA: Answer from Daybell children: Chad's not here.

MOO Question...How long before we see cracks in the foundation of this family saying enough is enough? Yes, you may have Daybell kids saying they support Chad's beliefs but, there are a couple son in laws and daughter in laws that might not put up with this much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop