Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having an ideal situation is different from legal neglect. You can be a bad mom and still not be committing the legal definition of abuse/neglect. To prove abuse/neglect you need to be able to view the children and their living situation, and right now there's no way to prove it without the kids. Casey Anthony pulled a similar stunt, everyone knew she didnt just give her daughter to some rando that had no traces of existing, but legally they couldn't do anything until there was proof that her daughter was not being cared for (because she was dead). We all know Lori is aware of what happened to the kids, she just thinks no one can do anything about it.

What about the fact that (apparently??? has this been proven???) Lori told LE her children were in specific places but when they checked, they weren't there? Claiming from the start you don't know where your kids are because you gave them to a random person is one thing....but what about when you keep telling LE, "My kids live here with these people." Then after they aren't there, say, "No, I change my mind! They are actually over here with those people!" and they still aren't there. That's not proof of neglect but that has to be some type of supporting evidence for neglect.

January 29,2020

Dr. Bethany Marshall on Twitter

Dr. Bethany Marshall

@DrBethanyLive

Lori Daybell must produce children in five days or may be found in contempt of court. Join me and Nancy Grace on Sirius XM 111 12p EST and CrimeOnline 1p EST as we discuss breaking news regarding this case.

Just read back to try to understand this case a little bit. I read through the great timeline that Gardener1850 has on Page 1. Nice job with that.

What I mainly dont understand is if Lori does not produce the kids then why cant LE charge her with kidnapping if she is the legal guardian of those children?

Seems like Kidnapping rather than Contempt charges would be valid charges for her. If she did not tell anyone the very day the kids went missing and started looking for them herself then it points to her being involved somehow with their disappearance.

I sure hope the kids are ok but it doesnt sound good right now with the two adults enjoying themselves in Hawaii and the kids are nowhere to be found and those two did not seem like they cared one bit about the kids being gone. If she is legal guardian then there has to be something more that LE can charge her with like kidnapping.

I realize they can claim the kids ran away or something but that would only hold water as an excuse if she immediately started to raise awareness the day the kids went missing and if she had showed she was actively concerned and looking for them.

I had not read enough to know if she did much of that at the very beginning of when the kids disappeared but it does not sound like she was too worried about them, if at all.

I'm back to my initial thoughts: JJ is either with close family or in a residential school or other situation for his kind of special needs, Tylee is living and working somewhere independently (possibly near JJ, possibly estranged from her mother), CV's death went down pretty much as described, and Tammy's death is the only suspicious thing left on the table.

I think Lori is getting a lot of enjoyment out of watching LE and media scrambling around over nothing. But I'm not sure she did anything except take advantage of various situations.

I don't know whether Lori is going to show up tomorrow or whether she's going to string it out as long as she can for her own amusement.

I think prison would be preferable to having Nancy Grace after me.
Think what you like about Nancy Grace but I'll tell you, the thoughts of her going after me, oh Lord no! That woman is a ruthless pitbull when she is on to someone. You know, I think she is absolutely perfect for Chad and Lori. Chad wouldn't know where to begin with her and she is the perfect match for Lori.

I'm back to my initial thoughts: JJ is either with close family or in a residential school or other situation for his kind of special needs, Tylee is living and working somewhere independently (possibly near JJ, possibly estranged from her mother), CV's death went down pretty much as described, and Tammy's death is the only suspicious thing left on the table.

I think Lori is getting a lot of enjoyment out of watching LE and media scrambling around over nothing. But I'm not sure she did anything except take advantage of various situations.

I don't know whether Lori is going to show up tomorrow or whether she's going to string it out as long as she can for her own amusement.
Really? You think she is enjoying her residence being searched (more than one residence now), her car taken away, rather than simply tell police that JJ with a family that is taking care of his special needs and Tylee is living and working somewhere?

They can't have had a long term lease because they had to move out for a buyer according to the neighbour. Maybe a monthly rently?

The same neighbor (the realtor) is the one that said they had a long-term rental AND that they were leaving for the showing... I sort of doubt he meant leaving permanently, and I think he or the reporter would have caught and pointed that out during the interview. It sure didn’t give that impression, watching the interview.

On a side note: Nate and Justin Lum are neck and neck in the running for "reporter of the year" in my book and I've never even heard of these two before this case.

Agreed. I’m impressed.

EastIdahoNews.com sent Eric Grossarth with Nate to Hawaii. He’s a kid!

THIS was the third reporter in Hawaii in was trying to think of, and all I could think of to describe him was “the kid”, but it seemed so dismissive, I didn’t want to say it. Especially if I was wrong about his youth...

January 28, 2020 Inside Edition Video: How Reporter Tracked Down Parents of Missing Idaho Siblings in Hawaii

(Nate reveals mid-video that he knew weeks ago that Lori and Chad were in Hawaii and a police source tipped him off the day before the warrants were served
that something big was going to happen and that he should get to Kauai).

Several of you already sorta mentioned it, but I’m pretty sure law enforcement did this to see what kind of verbal and physical reactions an ambush interview got...

Hadn't seen this one yet, another reporter interviews Nate remotely from studio.
MikeGalanosHLN on Twitter

Did anybody catch that at somewhere between 5:30 and 6:00 on this interview, it was mentioned that Chad & Lori’s attorney isn’t currently in contact with them? I didn’t catch the exact wording.

It's not unusual for tenants to agree in their rental agreement to vacate during showings, when given hours notice. It was my impression from reading the article that they previously went to stay at the KBR during a showing, also. I speculate that Sunday's "showing" was set up by LE, because they knew that would put CD and LV on the move.

Y’know, law enforcement probably didn’t arrange a viewing of the house, or at least didn’t enter the house, too many potential legal complications... but I’m sort of disappointed that the REPORTERS didn’t arrange it for themselves. I could be wrong, but I believe that they legally could have...?

Really? You think she is enjoying her residence being searched (more than one residence now), her car taken away, rather than simply tell police that JJ with a family that is taking care of his special needs and Tylee is living and working somewhere?

After looking at that smirk in the Nate interview, yes...

I mean, a normal person like you or me wouldn't. But I don't think we're talking about a normal person, do you?

Well it's happened three times now at least so she must be liking it IMO.

Three times in only 6 months and Chad has had cops at his house three times too in only two month so he must be liking it as well. And I think the LE chief said he had never had any dealings with Chad before so didn't even know him.

UPDATE
January 29,2020

Prosecutor releases statement on court order regarding missing Rexburg kids | East Idaho News

Prosecutor releases statement on court order regarding missing Rexburg kids

EastIdahoNews.com staff

Daybell Case

Published at 1:31 pm, January 29, 2020
SHARE THIS
vallow-ryan-860x540.jpg

Joshua ‘JJ’ Vallow, left, and Tylee Ryan
The following is a statement from the Madison County Prosecutor’s Office regarding the missing Rexburg children and the child protection order that Lori Vallow Daybell must physically produce Tylee Ryan and Joshua “JJ” Vallow to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in Rexburg or to the Rexburg Police by Thursday. Click here for more on that story. The children have not been seen since September.

We are grateful for the concern and attention being shown regarding the location, health and safety of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow. We again renew our gratitude for the help received and continue to request that anybody with information regarding the whereabouts of the children come forward.

With all the attention paid to this case this week, we would also remind the public and media that Child Protection cases are sealed and confidential. While the court did allow us to announce the existence of the case and the order that Lori Vallow produce her children, any and all other documents, hearings, and court filings are sealed and confidential by law. As such we legally cannot comment on any other aspect of the case. In the event that information comes forward that would be important for the public to know, we will inquire of the court as to whether that information can be shared.

Again, thank you for your attention regarding this matter. We hope and pray that the children will be produced or found and that they are safe and healthy.

MikeGalanosHLN on Twitter

Between about 5:11 and 5:41 on the video, Nate says:
“She has told police where they are, but police follow up on what she’s told them, and they’re lies. They can’t find the kids.

And you know, the police have said, listen, just get them on FaceTime. Or show us a photo of them holding up a newspaper with today’s date. Something. You don’t have to give us them in the flesh. Show us that they are ok.

And they have yet to do that, to the point that now, they won’t even speak to the cops. They’ve lawyered up, and everything has to go through the attorney, and, as of now, the attorney is not communicating with them either.”

This pretty clearly indicates that they were given alternative ways to prove the safety of the kids... and chose not to.

Well it's happened three times now at least so she must be liking it IMO.

Three times in only 6 months and Chad has had cops at his house three times too in only two month so he must be liking it as well. And I think the LE chief said he had never had any dealings with Chad before so didn't even know him.
For the purposes of this case alone cops have been at Chad's house (current or temporary residence) at least seven times in 3.5 months:
Oct 9 - "Paintball" gunman incident
Oct 19 - Tammy's death
Nov 26 - well-child check
Nov 27 - warranted search after child check failed
Jan 3 - warranted search of Daybell home without Chad presence
Jan 25 - service to Lori to produce children
Jan 26 - warranted search of vehicle and residence

And yes, I don't recall any other prior dealings Chad would have had with LE.

Someone asked what Tylee's name would be in Hawaiian - Kaili.
Thank KH. I looked at flights from HLN to SLC and could only find two. O830 and 21.45 (terminal 2). Do they also fly from another terminal?

In what way do you think the offence of kidnapping against Lori Daybell is made out?

That's the part I am struggling with.

What do you actually charge her with?

That’s exactly what I expect will happen if she doesn’t produce them.

Custody will be taken by the state, and then she’ll be committing custodial interference, among other things.

That’s presuming they don’t have enough for murder charges, which I doubt they do, because I don’t think they’d be walking through these other steps if they did.

I’ve seen variations of that situation play out here in the northwest before... and it can happen even if the parent had custody initially, if they are determined to be a danger the the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb