Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really hoping that the state was awarded emergency custody of the kids (since Lori didn’t appear), and that now they can finally arrest Lori for custodial interference at the least. I think LE doesn’t want Lori to know that CPS got custody.

An amber alert could also be put out for the kids at that point, yes?

Some additional thoughts on the potential affair-- we don't know if they attempted to hide it from Alex/Melani/Any other family members of Lori's that were living in Idaho. We have been assuming that Alex was always covering for Lori and Melani was loyal to Lori, following her into the "cult", but what I have yet to figure out is if those other people believed Lori and Chad to be sincere on their religious beliefs (hence the quick marriages?) or if they were all in on things and knew about the affair from the start/knew this was not a genuine religious thing going on. I tend to think Lori and Chad were fooling their "followers" with the religious stuff. If that's the case then they either had some wacky religious excuse to justify the affair OR they hid the affair and told their followers the quick marriage after Tammy's death was for some religious reason (a vision or visit from a dead relative?) and that they should do likewise and get married quickly. I can't even begin to guess at what those folks have been told or what they really believe. MOO.

LV arrives in Rexburg around Sep 1 and is married to someone from Rexburg around Nov 1.
AC arrives in Rexburg around Sep 1 and is married to someone from Rexburg Nov 29.
LV's niece arrives in Rexburg in late October and is married to someone from Rexburg Nov 30.

What are the chances that 3 family members from Arizona move to the same small town in Idaho and all get married to a local within weeks? Is it normal to get married quickly in the LDS community? Is there a link between CD and the other other "new" spouses?

My impression as an outsider who went to school in Utah for a couple of years is yes, on the whole courtships are whirlwind events (and the divorce rate is a lot higher than I expected). The prohibition against sex outside of marriage is strong, so people tend to hurry along so they can hit the hay in a moral context.

Of the dozen or so girls in my immediate circle freshman year, eight of them got married over the next summer, or even before school ended. One over Christmas break to a returned missionary she met at Thanksgiving. (To be fair, one of them was a Catholic couple.) And I think only two of them were still married to each other ten years later, temple marriages not withstanding. Apparently there's a sort of annulment procedure where you say "oops, didn't mean it"?

Anyway, yeah, not a lot of waiting around, in my somewhat outdated experience.

It has been bugging me how Lori and Chad have been funding their lifestyle and Chad’s new makeover.

• We know Lori stole up to $35k in cash. She sold her/Charles furniture and maybe a car.
  • She is most likely collecting SS child benefits on behalf of Tylee. How much is variable, depending on Joseph’s benefits at time of death, etc. Also their may have been life insurance for Tylee.
  • Charles Vallow’s death was ruled homicide - there may be an insurance investigation pending the final case to be closed. She may not have received anything on her or JJ’s behalf yet.
  • I read somewhere that it was speculated that Chad may have increased Tammy’s insurance policy within the last 9 months. Does anyone else remember reading that anywhere? I can’t find it. If this is true he can’t collect as nearly every insurance company has a two year wait clause.
  • Zoominfo shows Spring Creek Book Company to have an annual revenue of $6.4 million.
What if Chad was draining the company coffers? What if Tammy found out?

Look at his lifestyle change. Goes from super modest home in Rexburg to a $4k per month condo in Hawaii.

I say we should try to follow the money.....
Wow that's a lot for the book company. In 2008 they filed for bankruptcy.

It has been bugging me how Lori and Chad have been funding their lifestyle and Chad’s new makeover.

• We know Lori stole up to $35k in cash. She sold her/Charles furniture and maybe a car.
  • She is most likely collecting SS child benefits on behalf of Tylee. How much is variable, depending on Joseph’s benefits at time of death, etc. Also their may have been life insurance for Tylee.
  • Charles Vallow’s death was ruled homicide - there may be an insurance investigation pending the final case to be closed. She may not have received anything on her or JJ’s behalf yet.
  • I read somewhere that it was speculated that Chad may have increased Tammy’s insurance policy within the last 9 months. Does anyone else remember reading that anywhere? I can’t find it. If this is true he can’t collect as nearly every insurance company has a two year wait clause.
  • Zoominfo shows Spring Creek Book Company to have an annual revenue of $6.4 million.
What if Chad was draining the company coffers? What if Tammy found out?

Look at his lifestyle change. Goes from super modest home in Rexburg to a $4k per month condo in Hawaii.

I say we should try to follow the money.....
Wow that's a lot for the book company. In 2008 they filed for bankruptcy.
They were identified. Tourists. I think a family of 4 from switzerland or something like that plus pilot and someone else.
Yes thanks. I edited my post and put the follow up article showing that info.

re: Charles and Alex yelling at each other, and not saying what it's about--I know a couple of guys (connection through my brother's ex) who can yell at each other for an hour (and have done) without saying anything that could be considered relevant to anything. They start with jackass and continue on through the bestiary, with embellishments, and if they run out of steam, they start in with the more common angl0saxon expletives.

re: Charles and Alex yelling at each other, and not saying what it's about--I know a couple of guys (connection through my brother's ex) who can yell at each other for an hour (and have done) without saying anything that could be considered relevant to anything. They start with jackass and continue on through the bestiary, with embellishments, and if they run out of steam, they start in with the more common angl0saxon expletives.
Based on what Tylee says in her statements Alex wasn't the one doing any yelling, it was CV and LV.

Last edited:
Based on what Tylee says in her statements Alex wasn't the one doing any yelling but was CV and LV.

Even after LV went out to the car with JJ and sent Tylee back in? I thought CV and AC were (still?) yelling when she went back in. (I'm having trouble reading portions so maybe I'm missing something relevant.)

I've heard the university in Rexburg referred to as BYU-"I Do" for this very reason, but it usually has to do with meeting while attending school. AC's wife was not from Rexburg, but Arizona (well, Chile, actually) and living in AZ at time of his death.

MOO: He moved with LV so she could keep tabs on him and to complete whatever remaining tasks she needed him to do in Sept, Oct. MB (now MP) attempted to pull a Lori with BB.
Sorry, I knew AC's wife was back in AZ when he died but I totally missed that she was a connection from AZ and not from Rexburg. I wonder, is she the "friend" he moved to Rexburg with? Did they live with LV or separately? I read that LV, AC, kids, and "friend" arrived together and I see her apartment well publicized. I don't see where AC was living.

Sounds like we can add MB/MP's new husband to the list of people who should be sleeping with one eye open.

Life insurance. Property assets. Why marry otherwise? The victim just doesn't realise it yet. Charles realised it in time I believe and changed his will but it didnt save him. Can anyone remember if Chad was mentioned in the divorce paperwork? It could have saved several lives if he had been.

The Grandparnets have filed for guardianship of JJ.

CV33-20-0088 | In the Matter of the Guardianship and Conservatorship of: Joshua Vallow, A Minor Child.

Case Number
CV33-20-0088

Court
Madison County Magistrate Court

Judicial Officer
Eddins, Faren Z.

File Date
01/29/2020

Case Type
G3a- Joint Petition Guard/Conserv (Minor) Same Party

Case Status
Active - Pending

CV33-20-0088 | In the Matter of the Guardianship and Conservatorship of: Joshua Vallow, A Minor Child.

Case Number
CV33-20-0088

Court

Judicial Officer
Eddins, Faren Z.

File Date
01/29/2020

Case Type

Case Status
Active - Pending

Very good!

My impression as an outsider who went to school in Utah for a couple of years is yes, on the whole courtships are whirlwind events (and the divorce rate is a lot higher than I expected). The prohibition against sex outside of marriage is strong, so people tend to hurry along so they can hit the hay in a moral context.

Of the dozen or so girls in my immediate circle freshman year, eight of them got married over the next summer, or even before school ended. One over Christmas break to a returned missionary she met at Thanksgiving. (To be fair, one of them was a Catholic couple.) And I think only two of them were still married to each other ten years later, temple marriages not withstanding. Apparently there's a sort of annulment procedure where you say "oops, didn't mean it"?

Anyway, yeah, not a lot of waiting around, in my somewhat outdated experience.

yes it seems typical during or right after college, but only a month after divorce or the death of a long-time spouse?

Case Number
CV33-20-0088

Court

Judicial Officer
Eddins, Faren Z.

File Date
01/29/2020

Case Type

Case Status
Active - Pending

Finally! That was one of the first things I asked Kay about on her FB page back in December. Maybe it has just taken this long to get all the procedures in place, the court order with no show, etc.
I hope that Colby and his wife will follow suit and seek guardianship of Tylee.

from the layout of the Chandler house, for Tylee to go through the garage and to her mom’s closet to get her purse, she would’ve had to walk right through the kitchen/living room area where Charles and Alex were supposedly fighting at that moment, or Charles’ body was already on the floor.

He was already shot. Tylee says in her statement she heard the loud noise (she did not mention more than one shot) then her mother came out. If someone else can also read and confirm that it would be helpful.

Some additional thoughts on the potential affair-- we don't know if they attempted to hide it from Alex/Melani/Any other family members of Lori's that were living in Idaho. We have been assuming that Alex was always covering for Lori and Melani was loyal to Lori, following her into the "cult", but what I have yet to figure out is if those other people believed Lori and Chad to be sincere on their religious beliefs (hence the quick marriages?) or if they were all in on things and knew about the affair from the start/knew this was not a genuine religious thing going on. I tend to think Lori and Chad were fooling their "followers" with the religious stuff. If that's the case then they either had some wacky religious excuse to justify the affair OR they hid the affair and told their followers the quick marriage after Tammy's death was for some religious reason (a vision or visit from a dead relative?) and that they should do likewise and get married quickly. I can't even begin to guess at what those folks have been told or what they really believe. MOO.
Brandon said that Melanie's involvement in the cult was the reason why she wanted out of marriage (not unlike Lori's experience), so at least Melani seems to have been indoctrinated. Alex doesn't strike me as a religious person, so I'm not sure what was his motivation. The anonymous family member mentioned on GH that Alex and Lori discussed how they were going to spend Charles' money even before Charles' death, so he could have been in it for financial gain. Both Alex's and Melani's partners were allegedly part of the cult. I don't think Lori would hide seeing Chad from Alex and Melani, though maybe she made it look like friendship at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper