Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
20k a month is pretty good income. A man would have to have strong reasons to walk away from that, or strong assurance something else would take it's place.

I know a lot about school records and how the process works and the thing that struck me the most was that the AZ school never received a request for records. This just does not happen accidentally. Generally when a student enters a new district the family must sign a release of records. That form is faxed and the prior school provides the records (there is no one size fits all for records by the way, I have seen schools send 150 pages or 5. Normal is: shot record, b.c., report cards with comments, ss#, and an IEP—which in this case would absolutely be necessary) Counselors often call the district if there are concerns or red flags if necessary (not necessarily written records). Our district cannot accept a students without records! For reasons too numerous to list. Maybe Idaho is waaay more laxed than my home state? Or Lori could have claimed he had been homeschooled and had no records. When they state this is not normal, it absolutely was not.

No, definitely not, they would have requested to get a copy of the most recent IEP, after all, no one wants to "re-invent the wheel", with all new testing and evals to do a new IEP. (Individualized Educational Program) for students who have disabilities.

Definitely, getting records is the first best practice.

Lu's, generally speaking, lots of people have life insurance. Usually old people. But young people do too. My grandmother has a pretty substantial life insurance policy over me, just in case, to pay for the funeral. Catholic funerals are expensive lol...

I believe his monthly income was quoted as $20k/month, so doesnt seem too high based on annual earnings of ~250k
Yes, my husband’s life insurance policy through his employer has gone up in $ over his career as his salary has increased over time as well. Based on CV’s reported income and his policy amount that seems right on in comparing it to my husband’s salary/life insurance. MOO

Lu's, generally speaking, lots of people have life insurance. Usually old people. But young people do too. My grandmother has a pretty substantial life insurance policy over me, just in case, to pay for the funeral. Catholic funerals are expensive lol...
Oh... makes sense.
God, funerals are so expensive. We get a certain amount back from the State to help with the funeral expenses. We pay the funeral and then we get the money back. Sometimes it covers all of it, sometimes it doesn’t. I always forget that different countries do things differently, I keep asking stupid questions lol.

Back in some early threads there were several posts discussing CV's divorce filing, the protection order, the 72 hr mental health hold, and the claims made by CV to KVW/LW and to his attorney (including the infamous "if anything happens to me, Lori and Alex did it" declaration). There were also posts discussing CV later withdrawing the divorce filing, hoping that he and Lori could somehow work things out.

In one of the thread #2 posts there's a reference to a GH video in which CV's life insurance policy (or policies) is discussed - noting that there was a 2 million dollar benefit, and that perhaps CV had removed Lori as beneficiary in the midst of the divorce filing and all the related PO and hold-for-observation turmoil.

Do we know what CV's final actions were on the life insurance policy? Did CV remove Lori as beneficiary (as was mentioned in the video), or did he remove and then reinstate her (in concert with the divorce)? Did he cancel the policies, or did he perhaps change the beneficiary to the kids (maybe to a combination of his children from prior marriage and at least JJ - and maybe Tylee)?

Obviously, if Lori thought she stood to collect 2 million in the event of CV's death, it offers a motive. In fact, even if CV removed Lori (and she learned of it) it might suggest motive (though a different one).

If the kids however were about to (or did) receive a lot of money (whether Lori knew about it in advance of CV's death or whether she found out afterwards), you'd think she would've kept the kids handcuffed to her. If JJ (and possibly Tylee) died, would Lori have collected JJ's assets as next of kin? But even this makes no sense, as JJ has disappeared, not been found deceased.

Edit: Posted right on top of J Lum, which I just read. So I guess amount of policy was 1 million - unless there was more than one policy

February 5,2020
Garna Mejia KSL on Twitter
Yes, our sources indicate she was not named as Charles' beneficiary. However, it is unclear if she was aware of this before his death.
8:10 PM · Feb 5, 2020·

Edit: This story has not uploaded to the ksl.com site yet. I am watching for it and will post when it does[/QUOT[/QUOTE

Perhaps he left it to JJ and Tylee-now
what, is this were the secrecy starts... will Lori try and claim the money on the behalf of
The missing children’s

I mean, think about it. The fact of the matter is that storage unit was filled mostly with JJs and his brother's stuff, not his sister's, and Lori and her brother visited itl multiple times. That means they were very likely getting things for someone before bringing them back to be stored. That's not something you would do for a seventeen years old girl, but something you WOULD do for a seven year old.

I don’t understand why he would have such a high life insurance. Did he have a risky job or something?

He had a high income. A risky job actually would tend to mean lower life insurance because a risky job translates into a higher premium. Typically the idea of life insurance is to provide your family with the income they'll be missing out on if you experience an unexpected and untimely death. A million dollars is basically 4 years of CV's income, if we're to believe some of the information we've seen. FWIW, that he was making that much is much more credible the the 50% higher income LV and CD were claiming they made. I don't think 4X annual income is really out of line for someone to have either. Maybe a touch on the high side, but within reason, IMO.

I didn't think it was a letdown at all. The storage locker is a major breakthrough. It leads that JJ is/was still alive.
Yes! The storage locker info released yesterday was major....I think that was from Idaho News? But the info today(that was hyped up by the AZ news for 24 hours since the storage unit release) was a letdown. It wouldn’t have been if they didn’t hype it up for 24 hours. I spent all day wondering....which was probably their strategy.

Is life insurance a common thing in the US? Like, everyone has it?

Does everyone have it? Not even close. But I'd guess some amount is normal for those who are well to do. The less well to do, but middle to upper middle class, typically do. Often that is because they work for corporations with fringe benefits that provide some amount (10K, 20K, or possibly 1 times their annual salary) as part of their benefit package with an opportunity to increase that amount if they're willing to pay the additional premium themself.

Oh... makes sense.
God, funerals are so expensive. We get a certain amount back from the State to help with the funeral expenses. We pay the funeral and then we get the money back. Sometimes it covers all of it, sometimes it doesn’t. I always forget that different countries do things differently, I keep asking stupid questions lol.
Not stupid at all!

From the article:

months later, Charles was shot and killed by Lori’s brother, 52-year-old Alex Cox, at the family’s Chandler, Arizona home.

I am unable to articulate exactly why right now, but I have this weird feeling about Alex. He killed Charles, sure, but I feel like Alex had a lot more to do with this whole thing than is let on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298