Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeehhh, autistic here, and I sometimes get the feeling people think we're all some form of rain man. While I get that people mean well, those perceptions can be quite a bit off. There are wide spectrums in just about any category. Oh, you say you're a musician? Does that mean you can play that one song you remember from your 8th grade piano recital, or does that mean you're on your way to a sold out Carnegie Hall? Heightened memory is a common trait of many autistics, no need to be a savant. I've also seen a lot of 'there's no way you could control an autistic child without meds' comments. We dont know what level of care JJ required, or what he was especially talented at. I grew up when the medical terminology was 'weirdo' and your 'meds to calm you down' was rubbing shag carpet. There really arent any meds specifically for autism, or at least the ones that exist are for the rare cases where the person is violent to themselves or others. Most will be ADHD or anxiety related. Sorry if I sound a bit soapboxy and its not directed at you personally, I just keep getting the impression JJ's diagnosis might be leading people to some inaccurate conclusions.
I am going by what his grandparents said. And they said he has an unusually good memory (grandpa said he would have loved to take JJ to play cards) and was miserable and would make anyone else miserable without his medication. Considering they knew him well, I have no reason to doubt what they said.

Y'know, you just made me realize another reason she might have had the library job, even if they didn't need the income... INSURANCE. Specifically, health insurance.

Thoughts?

Very good point!

If there is a search warrant, those records can be released to law enforcement but only if there is a warrant.
SBM for focus. I keep a separate set of notes that are never left in my institution. They are not records but refreshing notes that I use for my work with clients. My official notes are general but do state accurately what occurs in session. I would hand over my official notes that are entered into the school's database (if it was deemed by our lawyers as necessary) but my refresher notes are not considered official records.

Isnt there people within LDS (and other groups) that DO believe in and also use "energy" healing - so those that dont, do you feel like it's not from God? But then rely on Western man made medicine to heal you? And that's ok? MOO
Yes, there are some people within LDS who use energy healing, such as Chad's famous author. She was excommunicated for her practice of energy healing, because she was basically telling people she was using the power of God to heal them and then charging a lot of money for it. This practice is called 'priestcraft' and is warned about. She was told that if she continued, they would hold a disciplinary counsel, she refused to stop and she was excommunicated. I know of others who have also been excommunicated for energy healing practices. So, while there are some who believe in it and practice it, church members have been cautioned. About two years ago, one of the church apostles, Elder Ballard spoke against it in a church wide general conference meeting. Of course, members can choose to ignore this counsel, but if church leaders learn about it, as with Chad's author, it won't be ignored. Western medicine is not the same thing, western doctors go to medical school where they are trained to treat people, they don't rely or claim God's power in their treatments and they don't charge money to use what they claim is God's power. That's the big problem. If a member wants to believe in crystals, or muscle testing, they can, but when they charge money for something that they are claiming to use priesthood power for, that's where they cross a line. Moo

Very good point!

I really doubt that she only had accidental death coverage.

Don't know what her classification was, but if it was the Madison Library District...? policies:
Employee Classifications
  1. The Library has three additional classifications of employees:
    1. Staff: Full-time, benefitted and trained employees who work a scheduled forty hours per week;
    2. Clerks: Part-time, non-benefited, trained employees who assist the full-time staff in the operation of the library who work a scheduled week between 20 and 39 hours;
    3. Pages: non-benefitted employees who work less than 20 hours per week.
  2. Employees are hired subject to a ninety (90) day probationary period.
  3. All employees are for cause employees and can be dismissed as per the Disciplinary Process described in section M, by the director.
  4. All employees – Staff, Clerk and Page – are hourly waged.
Insurance
  1. The library provides health insurance to staff employees. The library pays the employee’s premium in total, but if other family members are added to the coverage, then the employee pays the added premium for the additional coverage.
  2. The library provides disability and life insurance for staff employees – paying the cost of premium for the employee. Group term life insurance is available to staff employees but the employee must pay the premium.

Tealrose, the insurance is a good angle, but it kind of leads to Tammy not being killed. Her husband was a niche Mormon near death experience author with a marginally successful brand. They had five kids together. Chad could afford benefits, but government benefits are a whole different story.

So i can buy that Tammy could die, but if Chad killed her, he'd be hurting his own financial interests.

I am going by what his grandparents said. And they said he has an unusually good memory (grandpa said he would have loved to take JJ to play cards) and was miserable and would make anyone else miserable without his medication. Considering they knew him well, I have no reason to doubt what they said.

I worked IT in college, I memorized most of the install codes for all the Microsoft products(25 digits each). I liked to play a game at parties called 'Show me your credit card for 5 seconds and I'll buy something with it tomorrow'. I'm not a savant. ;) I'm not saying he didnt have a good memory, I'm just saying savant might be getting a little Hollywood and not exactly representing things properly.

I'm also sure there is LDS members who also may - drink, smoke, party, lie, be a part of a mob - but only when they feel its appropriate - just like anyone else - MOO
I'm not really sure what you are getting at.
I am sure there are LDS members who do all kinds of things that they know their religion teaches are wrong, but as far as I know, the justification that 'only if they feel it's appropriate' isn't the reason, just as the 10 commandments aren't suggestions that we can ignore when we feel it is appropriate--it's never appropriate, as far as I've been taught.
People do things they know are wrong because they choose to. If Chad and Lori were having an affair, they did it because they wanted to and they didn't care if it's wrong. I think that's all the justification most people need to do as they please, regardless of the moral standards they've been taught.

I know a lot about school records and how the process works and the thing that struck me the most was that the AZ school never received a request for records. This just does not happen accidentally. Generally when a student enters a new district the family must sign a release of records. That form is faxed and the prior school provides the records (there is no one size fits all for records by the way, I have seen schools send 150 pages or 5. Normal is: shot record, b.c., report cards with comments, ss#, and an IEP—which in this case would absolutely be necessary) Counselors often call the district if there are concerns or red flags if necessary (not necessarily written records). Our district cannot accept a students without records! For reasons too numerous to list. Maybe Idaho is waaay more laxed than my home state? Or Lori could have claimed he had been homeschooled and had no records. When they state this is not normal, it absolutely was not.

edit: the only exclusion is if a student is deemed “homeless” and the student may start class upon arrival. Homeless can include doubled up (A family living temporarily with another family). But a record request is still required.

Interestingly enough, I worked at a private school and we rarely received requests when students transferred to public schools. So odd the difference between your district and the district many of our students went to. We often sent things like placement recommendations for students entering high school math but were never solicited.

When asked we would send immunization records/religious exemption, report cards and nothing else. IEPs would have been generated by an other public school so we would not send as it was not a document that we generated. If the student was a transfer to us we would include prior school records as a part of our package. We would never send social security number or financial information.

Is life insurance a common thing in the US? Like, everyone has it?
For a man who made as much as Charles did, and as generous as he seemed to be with family, it is not uncommon and it wasn't unusually high. Frankly, I was shocked that the police didn't bother to look into whether or not he had a policy, that should be police work 101.

Interestingly enough, I worked at a private school and we rarely received requests when students transferred to public schools. So odd the difference between your district and the district many of our students went to. We often sent things like placement recommendations for students entering high school math but were never solicited.

Nowadays, wouldn’t the proof of immunizations be required by state law? I guess every state is different.

Also does anyone kind of doubt the "doomsday cult" angle the media is latching on to with this case? I don't see a cult in this thing, Mormon or otherwise. I don't doubt that Lori might have been crazy and might have snookered a sap or two, but cults have to have members and a crazy but communicable goal. Either the members are a well kept secret (cults usually do not want to keep secret, they want to recruit) or they have a long game, or... Lori's cult doesn't exist. Her husband Chad may have a near death experience brand, but that's not a cult.

Chad and Lori were members of several MLM's though. But with Mormons that's just social.

Tealrose, the insurance is a good angle, but it kind of leads to Tammy not being killed. Her husband was a niche Mormon near death experience author with a marginally successful brand. They had five kids together. Chad could afford benefits, but government benefits are a whole different story.

So i can buy that Tammy could die, but if Chad killed her, he'd be hurting his own financial interests.

Nah, there was something mentioned a thread or two back about why she might have kept her library job if they didn't need the income. Probably for health insurance, since her husband was totally self-employed.

But then that led me to the obvious thought - jobs that have health insurance benefits often have other benefits, like life insurance.

And I have no idea why you're talking about government benefits. Chad and Tammy's children are all adults.

Why all the moves?? Why was Lori bouncing herself (and sometimes one or both of the kids) all over the US? If we look at the timeline and note each time she went somewhere, it portrays an unstable home life. I wonder how active she was in church.

In contrast, we have Chad and his family. Seemingly normal. Setting down roots.

I am not of the mindset that Chad is being duped by some blonde. Lori seems to live her life in a permanent “fight or flight” status and Chad is obviously happy to be a part of the chaos. Watching him on that video from last week, when he’s walking with Lori as the reporter throws out questions, I saw no remorse for what he is putting his family through. How sad that he’s choosing one woman over everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298