Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Tammy's death was originally ruled natural causes, I guess it's possible Chad already collected her life insurance.
Mostly likely. The insurance payment is usually paid out relatively soon after a death, but it depends on the company. For example, Farmers is super fast.

Also does anyone kind of doubt the "doomsday cult" angle the media is latching on to with this case? I don't see a cult in this thing, Mormon or otherwise. I don't doubt that Lori might have been crazy and might have snookered a sap or two, but cults have to have members and a crazy but communicable goal. Either the members are a well kept secret (cults usually do not want to keep secret, they want to recruit) or they have a long game, or... Lori's cult doesn't exist. Her husband Chad may have a near death experience brand, but that's not a cult.

Chad and Lori were members of several MLM's though. But with Mormons that's just social.

I think the “cult-like” behavior has been discussed in depth here and elsewhere. Yes, someone mentioned involvement with MLM ventures. Do you know which ones?

Since Tammy's death was originally ruled natural causes, I guess it's possible Chad already collected her life insurance.
Mostly likely. The insurance payment is usually paid out relatively soon after a death, but it depends on the company. For example, Farmers is super fast.
Y'know, you just made me realize another reason she might have had the library job, even if they didn't need the income... INSURANCE. Specifically, health insurance.

Thoughts?
Yep. A self published author would have to spend a fortune for health insurance. The library job would cover that and give them a steady income during lean months.

Is life insurance a common thing in the US? Like, everyone has it?
It's common. When we had kids, I got one for $35,000, but my husband got one for $1 million. This was over 30 years ago and he was earning about $50,000/year. We had young kids and life insurance is a means of income. Now that he's old and has retirement income, his life insurance is set to expire. (We bought term life insurance)

If I had to guess (and I do), Chad is... well, I don't think he killed his wife. I think he went off the rails after his wife died. Maybe he loves Lori, maybe he's just along for the ride, whatever. But he strikes me as the kind of man who was whipped in a good way his entire life, from his mother to his wife. Then that went away and he fell for what was essentially, a hot con artist. Not because he wanted to but because he got smelled out as easy prey.

Justin Lum Fox 10

Per school officials at Lauren’s Institute for Education, staff did make report to CPS regarding JJ around 2/21/19 because Lori Vallow had still not been located. Now we can confirm she was in Kauai w/ daughter Tylee Ryan for about a month. #fox10phoenix

Justin Lum Fox 10 (@jlumfox10) on Twitter

The more I hear about people questioning her parenting abilities (rightfully so) the more it makes sense to me that she would hide her kids. She knows she can't ensure custody when she goes wherever she pleases and does whatever she wants despite what is best for her children.

If I had to guess (and I do), Chad is... well, I don't think he killed his wife. I think he went off the rails after his wife died. Maybe he loves Lori, maybe he's just along for the ride, whatever. But he strikes me as the kind of man who was whipped in a good way his entire life, from his mother to his wife. Then that went away and he fell for what was essentially, a hot con artist. Not because he wanted to but because he got smelled out as easy prey.

I don't know if he killed his wife, but I find the fact that he predicted her death very concerning. For that reason, I'm very suspicious of it being of natural causes. Also, all the other deaths. And that she was young and supposedly healthy. And that he got married about 2 weeks after she died. It just seems too fast for it all to have started after his wife's death. My opinion only, obviously.

Yep. A self published author would have to spend a fortune for health insurance. The library job would cover that and give them a steady income during lean months.
I had excellent insurance for my wife and daughter and spent $200 a month. When I quit my job and became an independent contractor, I was offered COBRA and would have to pay $3300 for the same coverage... Per month in 2006! I tried to get insurance while I was self employed and it would have easily been 50-75% of my net income. I went for "emergency coverage" which cost me $500 a month, covered up to $4 million in medical bills, but had a $20,000 deductible. The other issue with that coverage was that it was only good for 6 months and then I needed to change providers. I ended up having to use it for emergency surgery and you can bet your *advertiser censored* that I had to cough up that 20k.

Pax, in my experience, people who know death tend to glomp around each other and be kind of unpredictable. It's totally possible a guy who has a dead spouse glomped onto a local woman who had dead spouses. It's not so strange that two simalrly aged people of close geographical location with dead spouses hooked up. They probably had an app or something.

You are very right to be suspicious, anyone would be. I am too.

Private school officials say Lori Vallow withdrew her son after lying about Charles Vallow's death

[...]

JJ received special services for his autism at L.I.F.E Academy, and last attended school there on August 30, 2019.

According to a high-ranking official at the school, Lori withdrew her son from school via phone and e-mail on September 5, saying she got a job promotion in California. Lori's e-mail reads, in part, "our lives have changed drastically since my husband passed away last month."

Lori's estranged husband, Charles Vallow, actually died two months before she took JJ out of the academy. Chandler Police say Lori’s brother, Alex Cox, shot Charles in the chest after a fight. Staff members say Lori told them her husband killed himself.

[...]

By March 7, Charles pulled JJ from school, and moved to Houston. A few months later, however, the Vallow family reconciled and moved to Chandler. The parents enrolled JJ back at L.I.F.E Academy.

[...]

FOX 10 also obtained a Chandler Police search warrant to recover all of JJ’s records at L.I.F.E Academy. The warrant was served on December 6, and the document says there's probable cause to believe property is linked to a conspiracy to commit first degree homicide on July 11.

[...]

Officials with L.I.F.E Academy also say Lori never followed formal process to withdraw JJ, and the school never got a records request from his next school. Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg, which staff says isn't normal.

Private school officials say Lori Vallow withdrew her son after lying about Charles Vallow's death

BBM.

Kim Powell
@KimPowellTV

Self Storage Plus in Rexburg, #Idaho say Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell haven’t paid their bill and the stuff in the unit is considered abandoned. Inside, police found JJ and Tylee’s toys and belongings. #azfamily
1f4f8.svg

credit:
@EastIDNews

8:45 PM · Feb 5, 2020

Kim Powell on Twitter

Court Documents Raise New Questions About Daybell’s Finances

5 Feb 2020

[...]

Just a few months after [Charles Vallow] died, Lori Vallow married her fifth husband, Chad Daybell. His own wife, 49-year-old Tammy Daybell, also died two weeks before.

KSL has learned both spouses left behind insurance policies.

[...]

Sources indicated that Charles had a $1 million life insurance policy. However, Lori was not the beneficiary.

While the search for 7-year-old JJ and 17-year-old Tylee continues, it was unclear how Lori and Chad were paying for their Hawaii expenses.

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Tammy Daybell, Chad’s late wife also had a life insurance policy.

Deputies were still waiting on an autopsy after exhuming her body in Utah to determine how she died.

https://ksltv.com/430454/court-documents-raise-new-questions-about-daybells-finances/

BBM.

Missing Idaho kids: Police asked for school records in relation to 'homicide' investigation

Posted: 10:22 PM, Feb 05, 2020
Updated: 12:24 AM, Feb 06, 2020

A new search warrant related to the two kids missing out of Idaho shows that police in Arizona asked a school in Gilbert, AZ for all records of Joshua Vallow. The warrant revealed it was for a homicide investigation.

The warrant,obtained by Fox 10 Phoenix, was requested by Chandler, AZ police and signed by a Maricopa County judge on December 6, 2019.

That was just days after Rexburg, Idaho police and the FBI served a search warrant on Lori Vallow-Daybell’s townhome in Rexburg for the disappearance of 17-year old Tylee Ryan and 7-year old Joshua JJ Vallow, Lori’s daughter and adopted son.

The December 6 warrant states that the records sought by police may be connected with the offense of “Conspiracy to commit Homicide First Degree,” for an incident that took place “on or about July 11.”

Read more: Missing Idaho kids: Police asked for school records in relation to 'homicide' investigation

Within days after Tammy's death he told people that he was going to Hawaii to write. What were the chances of Lori being there at the same time and of them meeting accidentally (I believe that was the story they were trying to sell to family)? IMO they planned it when Tammy was still alive.
If that's not how it went, then his wife dies and immediately after he takes another woman to Hawaii?

Last edited:
Going back to Alex shooting Charles, was there a hearing to determine accidental death? Was one scheduled soon after Alex died or was he all ready cleared?

Pax, in my experience, people who know death tend to glomp around each other and be kind of unpredictable. It's totally possible a guy who has a dead spouse glomped onto a local woman who had dead spouses. It's not so strange that two simalrly aged people of close geographical location with dead spouses hooked up. They probably had an app or something.

You are very right to be suspicious, anyone would be. I am too.

Edited: If this was a simple case of two widows getting married, I wouldn't be so concerned. I'm sure that happens a lot. I don't believe it's at all normal for people to get married anywhere near the same month as their spouse dies, though, especially after they predicted the death... Moo

Last edited:
Tylee's belongings? There ain't none there. She was a girly girl to a certain degree, and seventeen. Where is her makeup? Where is her shoes and purses? Where is her anything? Unless Tylee is concentrated into that small black Tupperware container I don't see none of Tylee in those photos

Indi, I didn't know that. Can you provide me with a link to that info, please?

<Modnote: Please use the Reply feature so members know what post you are addressing. It also includes the little arrow feature that allows members to click and follow the train of thought.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member