Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why he would have such a high life insurance. Did he have a risky job or something?

It depends on who the beneficiary was, and the purpose Charles intended for it.

If Charles wanted to be confident that JJ would get the education he wanted for him, even if he wasn't around for it, then it's not an unreasonable amount IMO. Or if he wanted to ascertain that his widow could pay off their home and have enough money to live on without having to go back to work. People have even taken out life insurance policies to provide financially for their pets' future should they predecease the animals.

Given Charles' career in estate planning, and his reported income, a LI policy of $1 million or more does not seem excessive to me. He wanted to manage his own assets and provide for his family as far into the future as he could. If he was a reasonably healthy non-smoker, at age 60 his premium would not have been prohibitively high.

His mistake, if he made one regarding his LI, would have been trusting Lori to honor his wishes and manage the benefits prudently, in the way he intended. Let's hope she was not the beneficiary, and that she has not managed to get her grasping hands anywhere near that part of his provisions for the future of his loved ones.

It looks like it was yesterday in this thread.

I think you are misinterpreting Utahobserver’s point. They are comparing what Chad was pitching (his end of times books) to pitching essential oils. They are not saying that he was pitching essential oils.

Thanks for finding and quoting the post. I was looking all over to see how I could have missed that.

Last edited:
Lu's, generally speaking, lots of people have life insurance. Usually old people. But young people do too. My grandmother has a pretty substantial life insurance policy over me, just in case, to pay for the funeral. Catholic funerals are expensive lol...
not to beat a dead horse, but getting life insurance when you’re young is a good idea because health isn’t an issue and rates are lower!

He had a high income. A risky job actually would tend to mean lower life insurance because a risky job translates into a higher premium. Typically the idea of life insurance is to provide your family with the income they'll be missing out on if you experience an unexpected and untimely death. A million dollars is basically 4 years of CV's income, if we're to believe some of the information we've seen. FWIW, that he was making that much is much more credible the the 50% higher income LV and CD were claiming they made. I don't think 4X annual income is really out of line for someone to have either. Maybe a touch on the high side, but within reason, IMO.
Actually, I’d say it’s low. It says to me he either didn’t want to pay higher premiums. Usually at that income bracket you would want to provide for your family, especially since Lori didn’t work. MOO.
Does everyone have it? Not even close. But I'd guess some amount is normal for those who are well to do. The less well to do, but middle to upper middle class, typically do. Often that is because they work for corporations with fringe benefits that provide some amount (10K, 20K, or possibly 1 times their annual salary) as part of their benefit package with an opportunity to increase that amount if they're willing to pay the additional premium themself.
Oftentimes men carry the most, or the main “breadwinner”.
:) Hello,

Yes and No … LOL.

I was hoping for something "new" … In other words, something we had absolutely no idea about. Granted, the info that was released was good info, not much of a "surprise" IMO, but confirmed further what a real ****** LV is.

JMO and MOO !
I thought the warrant for the school was great info. It’s associating 1st degree murder to CV.
Eeehhh, autistic here, and I sometimes get the feeling people think we're all some form of rain man. While I get that people mean well, those perceptions can be quite a bit off. There are wide spectrums in just about any category. Oh, you say you're a musician? Does that mean you can play that one song you remember from your 8th grade piano recital, or does that mean you're on your way to a sold out Carnegie Hall? Heightened memory is a common trait of many autistics, no need to be a savant. I've also seen a lot of 'there's no way you could control an autistic child without meds' comments. We dont know what level of care JJ required, or what he was especially talented at. I grew up when the medical terminology was 'weirdo' and your 'meds to calm you down' was rubbing shag carpet. There really arent any meds specifically for autism, or at least the ones that exist are for the rare cases where the person is violent to themselves or others. Most will be ADHD or anxiety related. Sorry if I sound a bit soapboxy and its not directed at you personally, I just keep getting the impression JJ's diagnosis might be leading people to some inaccurate conclusions.
Amen!

Justin Lum Fox 10

Per school officials at Lauren’s Institute for Education, staff did make report to CPS regarding JJ around 2/21/19 because Lori Vallow had still not been located. Now we can confirm she was in Kauai w/ daughter Tylee Ryan for about a month. #fox10phoenix

Justin Lum Fox 10 (@jlumfox10) on Twitter
Now I’m confused about this? Why would they report Lori being gone? Was it because JJ wasn’t going to school then? I wished they been called after the PO was dropped.

i think you are misinterpreting Utah observer’s point. They are comparing what Chad was pitching (his end of times books) to pitching essential oils.

Definitely could be. There was another brief comment that mentioned “MLM” that this one I posted was replying to in the thread.

I thought i have read every post on these 11 threads and counting. I must have missed that somewhere. In all the years I knew Chad and his family, I was never aware of him being involved in any MLM.
Yesterday someone compared Chad's writing career to a MLM scheme. (They were joking! ) Now it seems to have taken on a life of it's own!

I think these MLM are popular with certain groups. They seem to be the most popular with stay at home moms and now working women all over America. No religious preference here, but in the 1950s there was a very popular company that made plastic food storage products with lids that sealed with a burp, you bought them at TWare parties, and then there was the popular make up parties, if you sell enough with one company, they give you a pink cadillac and now there are the popular cooking utensils that are sold via cooking parties...I wish we could name names, these companies are household names!!! MLM isn't all that bad. I don't think many people make money on it, and many people enjoy the make up and cooking parties because they're fun and you get to buy stuff.

Last edited:
If the children were gone by October 1st (speculation), why were their bikes brought into storage only after a month? Who was using them in October? I don't think Melani's kids were there. Perhaps her future husband's kids? That would explain the presence of the second man on October 28. Was there snow on the ground yet?

Last edited:
Speculation must be based on some KNOWN fact (so no wild alien or pregnancy theories, etc.) and certain no wild theories that portray or cast a victim in a negative. Known fact is something that is contained in MSM or has been released by LE.

If there is no MSM to substantiate the discussion surrounding Chad being involved in MLMs/essential oils, then that discussion is also off limits.

At all times use the Reply feature so that all members know who you are responding too and can read your post in context. Members shouldn't have to hunt and peck around to know what others are referring to.

Thank you.

Some of the facts (learned from MSM) in support of the speculation that the children were no longer living in Lori's Rexburg home by October 1:

Lori moved JJ's winter items into storage on/after October 1
Lori moved the children's personalized items into storage on/after October 1
Lori unenrolled JJ from school on September 24
JJ told their neighbor or his kid in September that he was going to visit grandparents and JJ didn't return to play with the neighbor's kid
The kids weren't seen after September 23
Messages sent from Tylee's phone to Colby and Tylee's friend in October didn't seem like they were sent by her
Lori used Tylee's Venmo account (instead of her own) to send money to Colby in October

Last edited:
BBM

In the mind of a criminal (hypothetically) it would beat being caught disposing of the items. A burn pile attracts attention and leaves evidence of metal items like ice skate blades and bicycle frames, for example. I don't know how the US deals with trash collections - burned or buried in landfill? Again those items are probably going to stand out if you are seen dumping them because they are in perfect condition, expensive and/or sentimental like photos and memory quilts. Strange items to leave on the side of the road also. Sell the items and you leave buyers as witnesses.

Much easier to take a storage unit in a name which you know is going to change when you get married in a few weeks time, and then let the payments lapse, leaving the company to dispose of the items.

MOO

Indeed

Didn't this happen in the McStay case? The contents of the storage unit were ultimately lost to the investigation?

Some of the facts (learned from MSM) in support of speculation that the children were no longer living in Lori's Rexburg home by October 1:

Lori moved JJ's winter items into storage on/after October 1
Lori moved children's personalized items into storage on/after October 1
Lori unenrolled JJ from school on September 24
JJ told their neighbor or his kid in September that he was going to visit grandparents and JJ didn't return to play with the neighbor's kid
The kids weren't seen after September 23
Messages sent from Tylee's phone to Colby and Tylee's friend in October didn't seem like they were sent by her

What is really interesting is that Lori moved JJs winter stuff into storage. To me, that suggests that she thinks he'd need it, but not right away...

Warrant done before the death of Alex Cox!
I noticed that. So what prompted it? It was a week after they disappeared on the 27th Nov so could have been as a result of that I guess. They would have gone to JJs school in Rexburg and found they had no records from the previous school so would needed to have then gone to the Life school.

Indeed

Didn't this happen in the McStay case? The contents of the storage unit were ultimately lost to the investigation?

It's probably best not to bring the Mcstay case into this....

In my opinion, that is a fairly normal life insurance policy amount for a businessman like Charles. Lenders and business deals can require you to have a policy as well.

Agreed - fairly typical

One reason to have it is to pay off homeloans, business loans etc in the event that the primary earner dies early.

This one's kinda out there (the search warrant info has got me scratching my head)..

I can't recall.. Did Chandler PD ever take possession of CV's cell phone?

Although AC may have mentioned the dispute over the phone during his curbside interview (I can't recall), certainly after interviewing Lori (and Tylee?) at the scene, Chandler PD would've learned of the phone's existence - and the key role it played in the events that had just taken place (unless the dispute over the phone is only something Lori and/or Tylee mentioned in later statements).

If Chandler PD did learn of the deadly "keep away game" while at the scene, surely they would have immediately taken the cell phone into evidence (after all, the dispute over the phone is what got CV killed, so what's in the phone?).

But - what if Chandler PD tried to collect the phone, but couldn't - because it wasn't there? Although the phone would've HAD to have been either in the home or in the rental car, I can just see Lori saying something like: "I don't know where it is, everything just happened so fast"

If Chandler PD both knew about the phone and were unable to locate it at the scene, perhaps they belatedly (like in early December...) thought: "wonder if Lori put it in JJ's backpack when she dropped him off?"
I believe they did because I remember the SD card was missing and was discussed in the last thread IIRC. I don't know if they took Lori, Alex and Tylee's phones though.

Last edited:
I believe they did because I remember the SD card was missing and was discussed in the last thread IIRC. I don't know if they took Lori, Alex and Tylee's phones though.

They must have meant microSD

And also, why take anyone's phones? Besides being in contempt of court in Idaho, technically there hasn't been any crimes committed that have warranted the Hawaii PD making an arrest. Having missing children isn't a crime, suspicious as hell as it may be. I don't like it either, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298