Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they end up dead, how does she not need more of them?
Because we don't want any more suspicious deaths probably. Chad should be watching his back, changing his life insurance and telling Lori she is not the beneficiary. It sounds like he is at least a bit savvy if he has not actually made her his legal spouse yet IMO.

Because we don't want any more suspicious deaths probably. Chad should be watching his back, changing his life insurance and telling Lori she is not the beneficiary. It sounds like he is at least a bit savvy if he has not actually made her his legal spouse yet IMO.
I am not going to feel sorry for Chad if he goes to the other side of the veil.

Unlike the other dogs this one was trained and worth a lot of money. I don’t know her reason for getting rid of it but it’s probably the reason for selling him as opposed to taking him to the dessert. I suspect she will have been pretty annoyed when the rescue she got him from saw her ad.

What will she tell JJ? Possibly that it had died/ran away/the horrible rescue took it back as he wasn’t looking after it properly (anything that wasn’t her fault). I don’t know but it stinks whichever way as that dog will have really helped him. I’m just glad that the rescue saw the advert tbh. MOO

She probably told JJ that the dog was travelling with his Dad, Charles.

Is it still very snowy in Rexburg? Does anyone think the police will start searching for traces of the kids in places local to where they were last seen?

Unlike the other dogs this one was trained and worth a lot of money. I don’t know her reason for getting rid of it but it’s probably the reason for selling him as opposed to taking him to the dessert. I suspect she will have been pretty annoyed when the rescue she got him from saw her ad.

What will she tell JJ? Possibly that it had died/ran away/the horrible rescue took it back as he wasn’t looking after it properly (anything that wasn’t her fault). I don’t know but it stinks whichever way as that dog will have really helped him. I’m just glad that the rescue saw the advert tbh. MOO

She probably told JJ that the dog was travelling with his Dad, Charles.

I am not going to feel sorry for Chad if he goes to the other side of the veil.

I never said I felt sorry for him but that doesn't mean I wish death on either of them, just for them to face justice and reveal the kids location.
What about the kids and grandkids? I would feel sorry for them if anything happened to either Chad or Lori.

There is no discrepancy, but now we have an msm confirmation that Brandon believed that the person who tried to kill him was Alex. Yet police never made an arrest. Maybe because Alex had an alibi of being in another state?
No argument about the confirmation. My point about the alibi was that the police got to the storage footage pretty late, IMO on/after November 27. I'm not sure how close to an arrest they were beforehand. There's still a chance that something has been misreported regarding the dates.

Pretty much everybody in my experience (though I grant I mostly lived and worked in Manhattan) gets stuck with life insurance as a part of their job. I've been in jobs where, as a single person whose parents and siblings have no need for my money, I've tried to turn down life insurance to save a few dollars a month, because again, nobody is dependent upon my income and if they need it, they're probably already voluntary beneficiaries I elected on my retirement accounts.

The HR department has absolutely double checked me at every employer I ever worked to, at minimum, make absolutely certain that I know I'm waiving life insurance protections/did not elect to take it. At least one job, the HR person was so worried that I said "no" to a benefit the company 98% pays for, that I peer-pressured myself into signing up for it just because it seemed so inflammatory to her that I did not want it.

I was made redundant at the end of 2019, in my late 40s, and was shocked at how more expensive things seemed than the last time I was out of work for any length of time (mid 20s).

As a result, I need a lot more health insurance than I used to have; and signed up for my company's COBRA immediately, because of ongoing things (allergies; chiropractor, etc.). It was "worth it", probably, to do so, because I had already met my out-of-network deductible but; hoo doggies.

Once the plan year expired, I had to look for a decent plan on the health care exchange; by which I meant, "spending as little out of pocket as possible" (think they pay everything, after I pay out $2,000).

The "decent plan", is only a $90/month savings over the COBRA and, for the first time, watching $2,500 fly out of my savings at the beginning of every month for apartment maintenance/mortgage/health care, I finally understand the coworkers who used to say to me "I work for the health insurance coverage."
You can call it a tax, and you can call it a penalty, but you can't call it a free market

I wonder that Lori was so sloppy about the dog thing. She had to know the organization they got the dog from would find out. It's not like those dogs are a very common thing to re-home. And service dog/trainer networks talk, it's a very small community.

No argument about the confirmation. My point about the alibi was that the police got to the storage footage pretty late, IMO on/after November 27. I'm not sure how close to an arrest they were beforehand. There's still a chance that something has been misreported.
Yea, but we don't know if Alex was able to provide other evidence that he was in Idaho? I would hope police at least questioned him about it, considering the Jeep was registered to Charles Vallow. And Alex, who killed Charles Vallow, kind of seems a logical target of the investigation.

I wonder that Lori was so sloppy about the dog thing. She had to know the organization they got the dog from would find out. It's not like those dogs are a very common thing to re-home. And service dog/trainer networks talk, it's a very small community.
How would she had to know it? Charles was likely the one who signed a contract, I doubt Lori knew (or cared, for that matter) that the dog had to be returned to the rescue organization.

so is she not in any kind of trouble now after being non-compliant with the order she had from police to show proof of life of the kids?

why? there seems to be so much more going on here than we know.

Up to now I had missed the part that Lori placed the ad on August 9th, weeks before even moving to ID. JJ was clearly alive at the time. Absolutely heartless to take away a child’s dog weeks after their father dies. Seriously, no mother who gives a damn would do that.

Clearly LV is a no typical mother, but still the timing seems weird. Selling a dog requires taking phone calls, answering questions, scheduling meetings. Seems lime she’d have bigger fish to fry. And once the dog was gone she’d have to console JJ and possibly defend her decision to Tylee and others. So why get rid of the dog then? Some possibilities:

1). She needed the money.

Unlikely. Even if her cash baggie was empty, it would be easier/less hassle to sell something else— like one of the many vehicles these guys have been juggling.

2). She knew JJ was going away someplace where he wouldn’t need or couldn’t take the dog

Maybe, and that would mean she knew months in advance JJ was going to disappear. Or possibly just thought they’d all be moving to Hawaii and didn’t want to deal w/the paperwork required.

3). She was sick of dealing with a dog

Entirely possible. But why go to the trouble of finding a new home for him when she could just have Alex leave him in the desert like she had w/previous dogs according to JJ’s family. (I’m extremely glad she didn’t!)

4). She was going to live with someone who is allergic to dogs. Or hates them.

@RexburgSleuth or others who knew Chad, did he have dogs? Was he allergic?
Labradoodles are usually non allergenic ie they don't shed.

Yea, but we don't know if Alex was able to provide other evidence that he was in Idaho? I would hope police at least questioned him about it, considering the Jeep was registered to Charles Vallow. And Alex, who killed Charles Vallow, kind of seems a logical target of the investigation.
If he was in Idaho, did the police travel from Arizona to question him? Who found the Jeep and where?

so is she not in any kind of trouble now after being non-compliant with the order she had from police to show proof of life of the kids?

It's a misdemeanor at best (being non compliant).

Jmo. I truly think they are trying to finish up several investigations before pulling her in. They really need at least one heavy felony charge to hold her with no chance of bail, or they can use the obvious flight risk.

LDS people don’t talk about a soul “killing” another soul and assuming their body. But some new age energy healers do. Several years ago, I met an energy healer/psychic who explained something called a “walk-in”. According to her, if a spirit/soul was tired of the trials of their earthly life, they could opt out, and another spirit would take its place in the physical body. I thought it was pretty weird, and since then, I have run across others who believe in walk-ins. These are people in Southeastern Idaho and just over the border in Wyoming who are heavily involved in new age spiritualism.
So, when LV told CV he was really a spirit named Nick, she may truly believe this. The thing that worries me is that when LV told people TR was killed before her father, I wondered what LV would do if she believed a walk-in had occurred to TR. She threatened to kill CV/Nick if he got in her way.
Let’s face it: a teen can act like another soul when they get rebellious. Many a parent has bemoaned, “Where is my sweet child? This teenager is not the child I’m used to parenting.” Most of us would chalk that up to normal teen behavior. But with the mentality LV is demonstrating, if she thought TR was a walk-in, would she hurt her? MOO

I brought out this point earlier.
Lori had said the the children were "level 3 dark spirits".
She had threatened to kill CV if he got in her way. Would it not suggest that she would be willing to kill anyone that got in her way? This might have included the children that were in her care IF she considered them dark spirits.
A dark spirit would suggest a negative influence on her god like mission. And no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of a god. You see where I am going with this.
Watch the EIN video when Nate Eaton is trying to get some answers from LV. She does not even blink when the kids are mentioned. She has no care left for those kids. IMO

Also does anyone kind of doubt the "doomsday cult" angle the media is latching on to with this case? I don't see a cult in this thing, Mormon or otherwise. I don't doubt that Lori might have been crazy and might have snookered a sap or two, but cults have to have members and a crazy but communicable goal. Either the members are a well kept secret (cults usually do not want to keep secret, they want to recruit) or they have a long game, or... Lori's cult doesn't exist. Her husband Chad may have a near death experience brand, but that's not a cult.

Chad and Lori were members of several MLM's though. But with Mormons that's just social.

There are groups "AVOW and PAP to name the 2 most prevalent in this case" that deal with the end of times. They are preppers....meaning how to be prepared(spiritually, financially, materially and so on) for the end of times. You have access to AVOW through a paywall, but inside this paywall, CD had yet another paywall to access his thoughts and ideas about the end of times. Read about Chad and his Train Dream on the AVOW forum. This will give you a little glimpse into his mindset and those that chose to follow him.

Up to now I had missed the part that Lori placed the ad on August 9th, weeks before even moving to ID. JJ was clearly alive at the time. Absolutely heartless to take away a child’s dog weeks after their father dies. Seriously, no mother who gives a damn would do that.

Clearly LV is a no typical mother, but still the timing seems weird. Selling a dog requires taking phone calls, answering questions, scheduling meetings. Seems lime she’d have bigger fish to fry. And once the dog was gone she’d have to console JJ and possibly defend her decision to Tylee and others. So why get rid of the dog then? Some possibilities:

1). She needed the money.

Unlikely. Even if her cash baggie was empty, it would be easier/less hassle to sell something else— like one of the many vehicles these guys have been juggling.

2). She knew JJ was going away someplace where he wouldn’t need or couldn’t take the dog

Maybe, and that would mean she knew months in advance JJ was going to disappear. Or possibly just thought they’d all be moving to Hawaii and didn’t want to deal w/the paperwork required.

3). She was sick of dealing with a dog

Entirely possible. But why go to the trouble of finding a new home for him when she could just have Alex leave him in the desert like she had w/previous dogs according to JJ’s family. (I’m extremely glad she didn’t!)

4). She was going to live with someone who is allergic to dogs. Or hates them.

@RexburgSleuth or others who knew Chad, did he have dogs? Was he allergic?

I have never seen a dog at the Daybell Salem residence.

Is it still very snowy in Rexburg? Does anyone think the police will start searching for traces of the kids in places local to where they were last seen?

Snowy? Yes very. There are 18 inches on the ground and expected 4 more over the next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe