Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bench warrant would only be for a misdemeanor. Hawaii does not extradite for misdemeanors.

Kahai County Prosecuting Attorney Justin Kollar seems to disagree with you. He said this today in an interview:

“If they fail to produce the children in the court in Idaho on Thursday or before Thursday, the judge there could issue a warrant for their arrest for either or both of the parents,” Kollar says. “That would basically go into a nationwide database requesting extradition if that’s what they wanted.”

Kollar says if the Daybells are arrested, charged and needed to be extradited to Idaho, the process could happen quickly if Chad and Lori cooperate.

Read more of his interview here: Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

Kahai County Prosecuting Attorney Justin Kollar seems to disagree with you. He said this today in an interview:

“If they fail to produce the children in the court in Idaho on Thursday or before Thursday, the judge there could issue a warrant for their arrest for either or both of the parents,” Kollar says. “That would basically go into a nationwide database requesting extradition if that’s what they wanted.”

Kollar says if the Daybells are arrested, charged and needed to be extradited to Idaho, the process could happen quickly if Chad and Lori cooperate.

Read more of his interview here: Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

Insert "applause" emoji here!! This is great!

Neighbor recalls ‘guarded’ encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii

January 28, 2020

KAUAI, Hawaii — When Steve Latham meets most of his new neighbors, he finds they’re thrilled to be moving into the beautiful Villas on the Prince. The gated community of townhouse condos is on the Prince Golf Course in Princeville, Kauai, and is surrounded by palm trees, walking trails, beautiful fountains and a large swimming pool.

Latham has lived here for 10 years and is a real estate agent with Oceanfront Sotheby’s International Realty. He meets a lot of people, and when Chad and Lori Daybell moved two houses down from him early last month, he had an interesting encounter.

STEVE-LATHAM.jpg

“About the first week of December, there were some boxes left on their porch, and I believe they were from Idaho,” Latham recalls. “I called the Realtor that had the listing, and he told me to put them inside. A few days after that, I saw them pull up and I went over and introduced myself. Their names were Chad and Lori.”

The couple was polite but seemed “guarded,” according to Latham. They didn’t open up or share anything about their personal lives but thanked their new neighbor for bringing in their three or four heavy packages.

The unit was for sale and had been vacant for some time. The Daybells did not buy the home, Latham said, but signed a contract as long-term tenants. Many homes in the community are used for vacation rentals, but Chad and Lori had more permanent plans. Latham says they bought furniture and had it moved in.

More at link: Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

BBM.

All this money omg!

Jmo

Neighbor recalls ‘guarded’ encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii

January 28, 2020

KAUAI, Hawaii — When Steve Latham meets most of his new neighbors, he finds they’re thrilled to be moving into the beautiful Villas on the Prince. The gated community of townhouse condos is on the Prince Golf Course in Princeville, Kauai, and is surrounded by palm trees, walking trails, beautiful fountains and a large swimming pool.

Latham has lived here for 10 years and is a real estate agent with Oceanfront Sotheby’s International Realty. He meets a lot of people, and when Chad and Lori Daybell moved two houses down from him early last month, he had an interesting encounter.

STEVE-LATHAM.jpg

“About the first week of December, there were some boxes left on their porch, and I believe they were from Idaho,” Latham recalls. “I called the Realtor that had the listing, and he told me to put them inside. A few days after that, I saw them pull up and I went over and introduced myself. Their names were Chad and Lori.”

The couple was polite but seemed “guarded,” according to Latham. They didn’t open up or share anything about their personal lives but thanked their new neighbor for bringing in their three or four heavy packages.

The unit was for sale and had been vacant for some time. The Daybells did not buy the home, Latham said, but signed a contract as long-term tenants. Many homes in the community are used for vacation rentals, but Chad and Lori had more permanent plans. Latham says they bought furniture and had it moved in.

More at link: Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

BBM.

Ok so now we know when they got there, the first week of December so before Tammy's exhumation and Alex's death on the 11th and 12th December respectively.

That sort of clears them from involvement in Alex's death doesn't it?

Last edited:
*Snipped for focus:

I believe this is the first time I have seen it outright stated that Kay and Larry asked for the welfare check. Many of us had assumed it because they have been the most vocal in the press, but I hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere. I previously wondered if there might be another relative that had contact with the kids in September due to the Dec 20th Rexburg police press release saying the relative who asked for a welfare check last had contact with JJ in Sept. Kay and Larry have repeatedly said they last talked to JJ in August. Oh well, I guess that settles it and it was them who asked for a welfare check after all. I feel so bad for Kay and Larry. They seem to be the only relatives consistently speaking in the press to advocate for the kids. I hope this week flies by for them so they can find out soon if JJ and Tylee are alive or if Lori will continue to stonewall. :(

MOO.

I think it settles that they called for the welfare check and initiated the investigation. What I don't think it settles is the timeline. People keep saying (some here, a lot elsewhere), "How could no one notice the children were gone for so long?!" "How could the Woodcocks not call for a welfare check until three months had gone by since last contact!?" I educatedly speculate that they didn't wait that long, but that LE has asked them to not speak about more details.

MOO, Lori had been contacted by entity(ies) looking for her/the kids/Alex long before November 26. November 26 was an educated decision by LE of when they could catch the couple together and at home. I would not be one bit surprised if the warrant was already prepared. The investigation didn't ramp from 0 to 60 in that 24 hours based on Lori's one false story about JJ being with a friend. The case was ongoing, as was Tammy's death investigation.

For reference, the article says, "...Kay Woodcock is J.J.’s biological grandmother, and she and her husband had frequently spoken with the children — often several times a day — before those calls abruptly ended. Concerned, the Woodcocks called Rexburg Police and requested a welfare check on the children.

The police met with the Daybells on Nov. 26 at their home, where Lori told officers that J.J. was with a relative in Arizona..." Sequential events, but no detail about the amount of time between "calls abruptly ended" and "Woodcock called Rexburg Police," nor between "Woodcocks called the Rexburg Police" and "The police met with the Daybells on Nov. 26."

MOO.

Android has been encrypting phones for years by default if you enable passwords or fingerprints. It's not uncommon and everyone should do it.
android comes encrypted even if you dont use any security as far as passwords, screen locks, or fingerprint. to unencrypt one needs a modified kernel and to wipe the data partition. the phone is much more responsive without encryption since the decrypt/encrypt layer is no longer in use.

Just some observations, all MOO.

The "doomsday group" that he was highly affiliated with, where he and Lori appeared doing podcasts, etc. has since "decided to pull content featuring either Daybell or Vallow in light of Tammy Daybell's death and the disappearance of the children." (direct quote from newslink below)
Mother of missing Idaho children living in Hawaii with new husband

I can't say if he expected this to happen or not, but according to the timelines that have been published here on WS, Chad apparently wanted out of the publishing business and Tammy wanted to keep it running. I don't know if by saying he wanted out of the publishing business he may have been hinting that he wanted out of the doomsday business/group/ideology... because just as the quotes above are saying, what he "believes" and what he does don't coincide right now. He has now been removed from the principal group that most of his fans/followers belong to, one of the only place where he actually had any fame....but maybe he doesn't even care; maybe this is what he wanted anyway?

Also, I am a member of the church which Chad belongs/belonged to, and we have one very specific belief about the end of times: that nobody except God knows when it will be, not even the angels, and not even a prophet. It is possible that Chad has faced or will face repercussions for his claims and teachings and may lose or may have lost his membership in the Church, and if this is the case I am willing to bet that is a loss he did NOT want and did NOT foresee.

So now we have a man who has mysteriously lost his wife, damaged nearly all family relationships, and potentially lost his affiliation with both of the two groups he was wildly passionate about: one possibly by choice and one by force.

What is he left with? His new wife who might believe more in what he has taught than he does.

Moo, moo, moo.

No one knows when the end of times will come according to that church's belief, and yet I guarantee 40 or 50 years ago you could find oodles of members (but possibly not backed up by anything official from within the upper reaches of the organization) who thought they knew roughly when this was coming and we're well past (roughly 20 years) when they thought it was coming.

My point here isn't to say anything about that church and the end times, but to point out that people of Chad's age who grew up in that church and culture have been getting primed their whole life to think this was coming and is now way past due.

All of that makes me think much of what you've described above could have some truth to it although your theory that he has faced repercussions isn't something we can know either way for sure the church, his bishop, etc aren't going to tell us, but we've also seen some pretty strong evidence here that this HAS NOT happened, at least not yet.

Last edited:
Ok so now we know when they got there, the first week of December so before Tammy's exhumation and Alex's death on the 11th and 12th December respectively.
I think the neighbor is saying the packages/boxes got there the first week of December and the Daybells game a few days later. Wonder if a few days after the first week of December was before or after the 12th? MOO

Not necessarily. There is still some range with the verbage. The boxes came the first week of Dec, and L&C arrived "a few days" after. I would say that puts the arrival anywhere between Dec 5th - Dec 13. Depending on how liberal you are with "a few days" could even be later.

From @Gardener1850 link above, thank you. Another reference but no exact date as to when the left the states.

"Latham had no idea Lori’s children, Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, have been missing since the end of September. He did not know Lori and Chad were newlyweds and that Lori’s ex-husband, Charles Vallow, was shot and killed in Arizona by Lori’s brother, Alex Cox, last summer. Cox died of an undisclosed cause around the same time Chad and Lori moved to Hawaii."

Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

Makes me wonder why there's a prosecutor there. That's kind of heavy handed with no hope of extradition. Jmo.

Probably to keep the police from getting themselves in trouble by arresting them for something that did not happen in Hawaii

I think it settles that they called for the welfare check and initiated the investigation. What I don't think it settles is the timeline. People keep saying (some here, a lot elsewhere), "How could no one notice the children were gone for so long?!" "How could the Woodcocks not call for a welfare check until three months had gone by since last contact!?" I educatedly speculate that they didn't wait that long, but that LE has asked them to not speak about more details.

MOO, Lori had been contacted by entity(ies) looking for her/the kids/Alex long before November 26. November 26 was an educated decision by LE of when they could catch the couple together and at home. I would not be one bit surprised if the warrant was already prepared. The investigation didn't ramp from 0 to 60 in that 24 hours based on Lori's one false story about JJ being with a friend. The case was ongoing, as was Tammy's death investigation.

For reference, the article says, "...Kay Woodcock is J.J.’s biological grandmother, and she and her husband had frequently spoken with the children — often several times a day — before those calls abruptly ended. Concerned, the Woodcocks called Rexburg Police and requested a welfare check on the children.

The police met with the Daybells on Nov. 26 at their home, where Lori told officers that J.J. was with a relative in Arizona..." Sequential events, but no detail about the amount of time between "calls abruptly ended" and "Woodcock called Rexburg Police," nor between "Woodcocks called the Rexburg Police" and "The police met with the Daybells on Nov. 26."

MOO.
The neighbour also said LE had come round a week earlier but they weren't in so around 19th Nov IIRC.

Makes me wonder why there's a prosecutor there. That's kind of heavy handed with no hope of extradition. Jmo.

Makes me wonder if they have something else up their sleeve. Maybe Tammy's autopsy findings. Adam Herbets never deleted the Tweet claiming that the results were in so I wonder if that was an unintentional early leak that they were buttoning up with a denial.

In watching the video the neighbor says they arrived sometime mid December in that time frame. So maybe they hopped on a plane right after December 12th? MOO
From @Gardener1850 link above, thank you. Another reference but no exact date as to when the left the states.

"Latham had no idea Lori’s children, Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, have been missing since the end of September. He did not know Lori and Chad were newlyweds and that Lori’s ex-husband, Charles Vallow, was shot and killed in Arizona by Lori’s brother, Alex Cox, last summer. Cox died of an undisclosed cause around the same time Chad and Lori moved to Hawaii."

Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

MOO.

That is an excellent observation. It often takes a long time to get search warrants (too long to those of us waiting and observing). The earliest we know of LE asking around about the children is a week before the welfare check when LE spoke to Lori's Rexburg neighbor asking questions about her and the children. But that doesn't mean LE wasn't investigating before that and working on warrants. There's usually a lot of behind the scenes moves LE is making that we don't find out happened until a case comes to court. I don't think Kay and Larry waited to report JJ missing and request a welfare check. But they may have waited until police issued a statement Dec 20th to go public with their own press statements. That's actually very wise and classy of them to wait for LE to investigate first. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member