Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story is so weird and convoluted. I just tried to explain it to my husband...there are so many bizarre twists to this. When you say the whole thing out loud, it sounds even crazier. Gordian Knot, indeed.
Lol, me too. His eyes glazed over when I was running down the list of relationships. It took me a couple of days to get it all straight too.

Does anyone know who the CR is that Tylee paid on Venmo? Two of those transactions occurred after she was last seen?

This will be interesting. What if the parents say, "They ran away together, nothing we could do about it. ". We don't know where they are....

Do parents have to report runaway children? If the bodies are not found, and there is no evidence of murder...then...? Can they be charged without any evidence?
Yes they can be charged for not reporting runaway children. Nathan Jessop was charged for that in Idaho in 2014. I don't think the children were biologically his but they were supposed to be in his care.
FLDS man sentenced to 90 days in jail

Maybe it’s because I’m exhausted, it I’m having a hard time figuring out the cell phone ping comment. Was the ping before or after the child welfare check? And how was it connected to the Arizona case exactly? Was it Lori’s phone? Tylee’s phone? I’m SO CONFUSED.

“They’ve told us several stories about where the children are, but when we investigate, the children don’t exist where they say they should,” Turman said Friday. “We don’t know where they are at, but we think they are in pretty serious danger.”

The next day, Arizona authorities contacted Rexburg Police regarding a cell phone ping at the same Rexburg address, according to a Madison County Sheriff’s Office log. The log states it was in relation to a missing child case. Rexburg Police Capt. Gary Hagen told EastIdahoNews.com the call also had to do with the Arizona death investigations.

Following the request, Rexburg Police executed search warrants at the home. Investigators determined the Daybells abruptly left the house and city. Police do not believe the children were with them when they took off.

Hagen said investigators are unaware of how Daybell and Vallow left Rexburg – whether by car or airplane.

“We’ve been digging into that, and that’s still part of the whole investigation,” Hagen said.

Parents of missing Rexburg children issue statement, attorney says they are ‘loving’ and ‘devoted’ | East Idaho News

The attorney's job is not to ask a client about their situation. The attorney provides information about the law, as it pertains to the issues the client would like the attorney to manage.

I don't think that the police can put any type of wire tap on an attorney's phone line, as that would violate attorney client privileged communication.

Added to another post, a school teacher doesn't call CPS, if a parent states that they want to homeschool their child, or states their child is too ill to attend school. That is the parents right. The fact that a family member wanted to contact the child, and was unable to do so, was a valid reason to contact the police. A school teacher doesn't have that relationship.
Correct, though I'd add one thing. I don't know Idaho's laws, but in most states if the child has been absent for so many days in a row then the court gets involved because of typical truancy laws. This all just depends on what the laws in Idaho are regarding that. So if there is a truancy law in effect in Idaho then not the teacher, but the school administration would be bound by law to notify the court and authorities about the situation. I know that Utah has laws of this kind because my son was late to kindergarten too many times in one year and I got a letter from the court stating this had to change or I would have to be brought in front of the court regarding truancy compliance.

this fact is what makes me believe the primary reason for this marriage is to not be forced to testify against each other about what happened to half of their family. They likely did away with poor Tammy in order to be available to get married to each other. I believe it all comes down to Lori likely killed Charles, and she forced Alex to cover for her. MOO
Yep, and the kids potentially saw it too, IMO. This is really some twisted carp!

Last edited:
This sounds pretty bad. *Both* of their spouses were killed and the kids are missing? .

These people sound like they might be very, very dangerous. I hope I'm terribly wrong about my suspicions for the kids.

I see the kids photos in the news, but not the adults. I think they should be shown too. For public safety reasons.

This will be interesting. What if the parents say, "They ran away together, nothing we could do about it. ". We don't know where they are....

Do parents have to report runaway children? If the bodies are not found, and there is no evidence of murder...then...? Can they be charged without any evidence?

IMO, they would at least be charged with child endangerment. It is not as hard to bring a no body murder charge as people think. A DA would always prefer a body before pressing murder charges. But if they can get enough evidence to paint the picture that the kids are no longer alive then charges can be brought.

On my phone. I apologize for the bad grammar.

The real question is would a DA buy off and prosecute?

This sounds pretty bad. *Both* of their spouses were killed and the kids are missing? .

These people sound like they might be very, very dangerous. I hope I'm terribly wrong about my suspicions for the kids.

I see the kids photos in the news, but not the adults. I think they should be shown too. For public safety reasons.

Lori and Chads pictures are on the BOLO.

Lori and Chads pictures are on the BOLO.

The CR you ask about is Tylee's brother, though I forget the exact relation. It makes my head spin trying to think about Lori's family, with all the adoption, divorce, and death.
Oh boy, ok. Is that the brother in the youtube video with the blond?

Regarding Attendance for Madison 321 school district in which Kennedy Elementary is located:

Excessive Absences and Tardies When a student has been absent or tardy for six times in a trimester, the parent/guardian will receive a letter indicating the total days absent and the total days tardy. The Principal may confer with the parent/guardian to determine if the circumstances surrounding the absences or tardies necessitate further action. When a student has been absent or tardy nine times in a trimester, the parent/guardian will receive a second letter indicating the total days absent and the total number of days tardy. The parent /guardian may be required to submit a written statement explaining the reason for the absences or tardies. When a student has been absent twelve times in a trimester, the Principal may submit an AFFIDAVIT OF HABITUAL TRUANCY AND REQUEST FOR ACTION petition to the Madison Magistrate Court for resolution.

And they have what they call their bug out rig...which is a trailer painted cammo and reinforced with who knows what.
It always amazes me how people who maybe approaching paranoia select a "bug out rig" that screams "right wing peppers inside". Jeez, it almost seems they are seeking attention that they purportedly hope to avoid.

Added to another post, a school teacher doesn't call CPS, if a parent states that they want to homeschool their child, or states their child is too ill to attend school. That is the parents right.
I agree, teachers would not call CPS for those reasons in and of themselves.

But, if the stated intents to either home school or stated claims that the child is sick are components of a pattern of suspicious behavior, school teachers could decide to call the CPS. They could even be obligated to do so in some situations.

For example, child showed signs of neglect, but was not being abused. Mother misses teacher parent meetings regarding the child's special needs. She then suddenly announces via Email that the child will be now be home schooled- though she has never expressed an interest in home schooling before.

Though I don't know if the above situation must be reported, it would not be unreasonable for the teacher to do so.

The children's disappearance if beyond wondering if a DA would sign off on it question. I'm sure they are scrambling in each state it has touched. So sad and doesn't sound promising at the moment. Prayers they are found safe.

The attorney's job is not to ask a client about their situation. The attorney provides information about the law, as it pertains to the issues the client would like the attorney to manage.

I don't think that the police can put any type of wire tap on an attorney's phone line, as that would violate attorney client privileged communication.

Added to another post, a school teacher doesn't call CPS, if a parent states that they want to homeschool their child, or states their child is too ill to attend school. That is the parents right. The fact that a family member wanted to contact the child, and was unable to do so, was a valid reason to contact the police. A school teacher doesn't have that relationship.
In regards to the school, I know here, if a child misses over 3 days of school (they do not have to be consecutive) and does NOT have a doctors excuse, the parents are sent a warning letter and a copy sent to the local magistrate. If anymore school is missed without a doctors excuse, the parent must appear in front of the magistrate and could have charges filed against them.

I agree, teachers would not call CPS for those reasons in and of themselves. But, if the stated reasons were component of a pattern of suspicious behavior, school teachers could decide to call the CPS, and maybe obligated to do so in some situations.

For example, child showed signs of neglect, but was not being abused. Mother misses mandatory teacher parent meetings. She then suddenly announces via Email that the child will be home schooled- though she has never expressed an interest in it before.

Right. Sorry I am so cynical and jaded. Please read about Nubia Barahona, her thread is on this site. She was adopted, special needs, came to school severely neglected, the school called CPS, and Nubia was then homeschooled. End of story. Nubia is dead now.

I can't begin to tell you how many times, as a teacher, I personally called CPS about a child who was neglected, or had numerous injuries. And unless things have really changed, calling in, felt like an interrogation session for war crimes. Why was I calling? Did the child specifically state they were abused? On and on...I felt like I was being treated like a criminal for calling in suspected child abuse or neglect. As a mandatory reporter, no less!

I just have had so many negative experiences with child protective agencies...sadly, it seems like an overburdened bureaucracy, with so many rules, that it actually serves to provide a barrier to services for those they are supposed to protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel