Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone with a legal background can help me here. Setting aside our own feelings and speculation.... criminally what have Lori and Chad technically done wrong? Do they legally have to produce the children?

For instance, if my husband and I decided to move away with our biological child and not tell our extended family, would we have to answer to the police if asked? (Let’s pretend that the multiple suspicious deaths don’t exist)

maybe they're paranoid that the gov't/feds/LE want to take their kids away or even kill them and thus being preppers, they are hiding in a bunker somewhere with supplies and guns ...

But if that is the case then why did the kids going missing before the adults? If they felt the end was imminent why wouldn't they go into hiding with the kids?

My husband is a Realtor and has an app that shows property owners. Charles and Lori Vallow have never owned a property in Idaho. Charles has in the past in Texas, none in AZ. Chad Daybell stills owns the Property in Rexburg Idaho. Lori doesn't own property in Hawaii or Az. Am I allowed to post a pic and address of the property Chad owns in Rexburg?

Thanks for the info and theories. In my previous post I referred to LV as "hiding" the children... just because I want to be hopeful. I know this may not be the case, though.

Also, here's a link to new GH video with some interesting info (hopefully from reliable source)

Thanks for the info and theories. In my previous post I referred to LV as "hiding" the children... just because I want to be hopeful. I know this may not be the case, though.

Also, here's a link to new GH video with some interesting info (hopefully from reliable source)

Can you paraphrase? I have a low tolerance for YouTube videos.

Hopefully someone with a legal background can help me here. Setting aside our own feelings and speculation.... criminally what have Lori and Chad technically done wrong? Do they legally have to produce the children?

For instance, if my husband and I decided to move away with our biological child and not tell our extended family, would we have to answer to the police if asked? (Let’s pretend that the multiple suspicious deaths don’t exist)
I think it has to do with the suspicious death of her brother, to which LE has not discussed yet why it is suspicious, which caused them to exhume Tammy's body after she was just buried herself. Police are connecting "suspicious" dots and have good reason to think that the children are in danger.

Her son was not officially taken out of school. If you decide to home school your child, you have to send a letter to both the school and Superintendent of the school that you intend to home school your child. At the end of the year, you have to show proof of either testing that they passed the grade they're in, or have a teacher go over their profile of their year's work so they can write an evaluation and send it to the Superintendent to show that they passed the year in a satisfactory manner.

While the testing part isn't important right now as it is not the end of the school year, the fact that he was not in school, nor was he reported to be homeschooled, and all of these suspicious deaths have given LE damn good cause to worry about the children's safety.

All they have to do is let LE see the children- that's it. So far, they're refusing, which in my eyes, is worrisome.

Good question. I'll often jokingly say that I'm not a lawyer, but play one on the internet. That's not what you're looking for, I know, but ... :)

As I see it, MOO ...

Baring some evidence coming out that show Lori and/or Chad were responsible for any of the deaths that have been discussed then the only possibility appears to be one of two things.

The first is if they have broken any law as it pertains to JJ and school. It isn't clear what the rules are or if they might have broken them. But if a law has been broken (maybe not taking all the steps to remove a student from a public school to homeschool him instead) then it is a relatively minor infraction.

The second would be if telling a lie to the police when they came by to check on the welfare of JJ is breaking a law. If it is (which I have doubts, but not positive) then it would again be a relatively minor infraction.

As it stands I'm not sure what would happen if, for instance, the police somewhere were to pull them over for speeding or something. I'm not sure that they could take them into custody (there isn't a warrant out for their arrest or I think we'd know that). I think the best they could do would be to say "pretty please, call the Rexburg Police, they want to talk to you" and let them go.

I haven't had a chance to listen to all of this, super interesting. He brings up That there could have possibly been Life Insurance for all of the deaths? Could that motive for all the craziness and why they disappeared after Chads wife is exhumed And they run with all the money And how Lori Moves all the time and rents expensive homes? She doesn't appear to work or have a career?

Not true. Two different police department.

Fremont County Sheriff's department would have jurisdiction over any issue with Tammy's death (she and Chad lived in a house out in a rural area NW of Rexburg and barely into the next county). They discovered Tammy's kids were missing at some point when the decided to re-evaluate their initial findings. What made them reconsider is still unclear.

The Rexburg Police Department were investigating Lori's kids being missing based on an out of state relative being concerned and asking them to do a welfare check which with a few dominoes falling turned into something bigger.

I skimmed over the initials in the press release . You are correct that FCSO was the one conducting the death investigation. However, the statement from Rexburg PD is pretty clear that the missing kids report came after the death investigation and not the other way around. It does not mention relatives contacting them anywhere in the press release. They may have also contacted PD but the press release states that PD contacted the extended family.
Rexburg Police Department

I think it has to do with the suspicious death of her brother, to which LE has not discussed yet why it is suspicious, which caused them to exhume Tammy's body after she was just buried herself. Police are connecting "suspicious" dots and have good reason to think that the children are in danger.

Lori's brother died a day after Tammy's body was exhumed.

Her son was not officially taken out of school. If you decide to home school your child, you have to send a letter to both the school and Superintendent of the school that you intend to home school your child. At the end of the year, you have to show proof of either testing that they passed the grade they're in, or have a teacher go over their profile of their year's work so they can write an evaluation and send it to the Superintendent to show that they passed the year in a satisfactory manner.

While the testing part isn't important right now as it is not the end of the school year, the fact that he was not in school, nor was he reported to be homeschooled, and all of these suspicious deaths have given LE damn good cause to worry about the children's safety.

All they have to do is let LE see the children- that's it. So far, they're refusing, which in my eyes, is worrisome.

Where did the info come from that he wasn’t properly withdrawn and that there are letters to the superintendent required? I ask because the cops said it appeared he was withdrawn to homeschool. Also, one of the locals was saying there is basically no rules and oversight around homeschooling in Idaho, but it sounds more strict than that, from what you just said. Thank you!

I skimmed over the initials in the press release . You are correct that FCSO was the one conducting the death investigation. However, the statement from Rexburg PD is pretty clear that the missing kids report came after the death investigation and not the other way around. It does not mention relatives contacting them anywhere in the press release. They may have also contacted PD but the press release states that PD contacted the extended family.

It doesn’t say that the death investigation made them look for the kids or anything. It just says that during the course of the investigation they learned about the missing kids. But it makes it quite clear that action taken to check on the kids didn’t come up until the out of state family called them. That is when they went to look for them. IMO the statement is saying that during the same time frame as the death investigation, they realized kids that were related to people potentially involved in the death investigation were missing. It doesn’t say that they discovered the kids missing because of the investigation. If they did, why did they wait a month to go look for them?

Lori's brother died a day after Tammy's body was exhumed.

Chad and Lori were long gone by the time Alex died and Tammy was exhumed. I wonder how they would be involved in his death when they were gone. ETA I see you just said the same thing about them already being gone. Sorry! But now I wonder even more what the heck is going on!!!

Considering the alleged method of death of Alex as proposed on the show, one doesn't have to be present at the time of death. I am hoping that with Alex at least, autopsy was done right away and all the blood and tissue samples were collected right away.

However, the statement from Rexburg PD is pretty clear that the missing kids report came after the death investigation and not the other way around. It does not mention relatives contacting them anywhere in the press release. They may have also contacted PD but the press release states that PD contacted the extended family.

I'm not sure what you're saying or disagreeing with, if anything, regarding the order of the missing kids report and the reopening of the investigation into Tammy's death. I agree that the FCSO had reopened the investigation into her death before they specifically realized that Tammy's kids were missing. What prompted them to reopen the investigation isn't clear.

It absolutely does mention relatives contacting them regarding the kids, or at least Joshua. It is in 2nd section of the press release (under the heading "Missing Children Background") in the second line of the first paragraph of that section.

Agree, doesn't look good but also looks complicated.

From the obituary of the first wife of Chad Daybell, Tammy Douglas Daybell passed away peacefully in her sleep on Saturday, October 19, 2019 in Salem, Idaho.
She is also the mother of 5 kids who may all be adults, not sure. Obituary states: Tammy is survived by her husband and five children:

From the second article:
They also determined that within weeks of Tammy Daybell’s death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children, according to a news release.

Lori Vallows (removed Tammy Daybell) husband (not sure if he was first) but the one preceding Chad died according to this article dated July 11, 2019. Interesting to me is that not only were they estranged but he lived in Texas. Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight
Chandler Police officials have identified a 63-year-old man who died following a family fight that ended in a shooting.

According to a statement, the victim, identified as Charles Vallow of Texas

Kids haven't been seen since September 23? That would be BEFORE Chad's first wife died.
Do the schools not have a duty to report a child missing? This seems insane that the family reported the ONE child missing but nothing from school to child protective services?

My mini timeline

July 11, 2019 Charles Vallow (The estranged husband of Lori Vallow, now Daybell and Father of Joshua) ((removed died in Texas)) FROM Texas, irl Austin
Shot twice in chest by Lori's brother during an argument. No charges
September 23, 2019 Joshua Vallow last attended Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg, ID
(no relative has spoken to him since either)
September 2019 Tylee Ryan, 17 had been living w/ Lori and is eventually discovered missing as well.
(my guess is a different family than who asked for the welfare check for Joshua? )
October 19, 2019 Tammy Daybell dies in Salem, Idaho
October 22, 1019 Tammy Daybell buried, death eventually determined Suspicious
November 26, 2019 Welfare check conducted, Lori and Chad say Joshua with friend in AZ
November 27, 2019 LE determine "friend" was lie, return with search warrants to find Lori and Chad left abruptly
December 11, 2019 Tammy Daybell's body exhumed

Joshua is a 7-year-old with brown hair and brown eyes. He is 4 feet tall and weighs 50 pounds.

Tylee is a 17-year-old with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 160 pounds.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the children since Sept. is asked to contact the Rexburg Police Department, at 1-208-359-3000, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), at 1-800-THE-LOST.

Are Chad and Lori POI's and sleuthable?
I noted changes to my quote in red that I had wrong, fyi.
Wait. So confused. Wasn’t that husband (Joshua’s dad) shot in Arizona? Him being from Austin originally doesn’t mean it’s got anything to do with Austin; everyone comes from somewhere. The other husband (Tyler’s dad) died in Texas, IIRC, over a year ago. He was cremated so there isn’t anything that can be done to reinvestigate. The Texas school laws are also irrelevant since we know she had been most recently enrolled in a school in Arizona. This is already super confusing and messy and adding another city into the mix when it isn’t really relevant is just going to make people more confused. MOO.
He was the estranged husband. He lived in Austin when he was shot while visiting Chandler.
Joshua's father was shot and killed by Lori's brother (who claimed self-defense) in Arizona. Tylee's father also died in Arizona from supposed heart attack. Chad's wife Tammy supposedly died in her sleep in Idaho. Nobody here died in TX a far as I can tell, so not sure what TX has to do with any of it either.
nope , I got the wrong in my timeline early on. Hope I didn’t confuse many.

My husband is a Realtor and has an app that shows property owners. Charles and Lori Vallow have never owned a property in Idaho. Charles has in the past in Texas, none in AZ. Chad Daybell stills owns the Property in Rexburg Idaho. Lori doesn't own property in Hawaii or Az. Am I allowed to post a pic and address of the property Chad owns in Rexburg?
would this show if the owner individully only? Would it show if owned by a trust or corporation? Corporation wiki search possibly?

Where did the info come from that he wasn’t properly withdrawn and that there are letters to the superintendent required? I ask because the cops said it appeared he was withdrawn to homeschool. Also, one of the locals was saying there is basically no rules and oversight around homeschooling in Idaho, but it sounds more strict than that, from what you just said. Thank you!
Did the cops say that? I thought chad and lori’s attorney said that?

Does this post mean this poster is now a verified insider?

When someone becomes a VI, their user profile is usually labeled accordingly. Not (yet) in this case.

I agree and understand. I just don’t understand why Tricia posted the quoted statement from someone that was trying to become verified yet post doesn’t comply with TOS until verified.

ETA the post I’m referring to is #876, and is unquotable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member