Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘This is really, really tough for us’: Brother of missing children speaks

Now, this is new, Tylee Ryan has an older brother. I wonder if that is also Lori's son...
The subject of how many children Lori has, has been discussed for a while, actually from the first few post in this thread. Colby is her son, she had Colby and Tylee with the same dad. And adopted J.J. with Charles.

Interesting that obituary doesn't mention anything about his widow, Lori. So he had 3 sons, including JJ.
Lori's brother killed him... mentioning her on the obituary doesn't seem very normal, they weren't on good terms.

Maybe the police are just saying they aren’t working the holiday in order to try to lure them out. I don’t think the FBI takes weekends and holidays off so they should still be on the case. Chad and Lori have been gone a month though. I highly doubt they are anywhere in RPD jurisdiction, and I definitely don’t think they will be coming out of hiding the next few days. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have disguised themselves and are hiding in plain sight somewhere.

True that the Feds don't take Holidays off. My kids that are feds worked today. And I think the feds are going to be the key here. There are so many players and locations, it will take a lot of electronic forensics to fill in the details.

And sadly no, my Fed, Cop, and Marine children tell me nothing. Holiday gatherings would be so much more interesting if they did! #!*%% (this is me pouting)

LDS church is not much in favor of cremation as far as I can tell. Tammy was a member of LDS church. Chad and Tammy had five grown children. Her parents are both alive and she also had four siblings. She is buried in Utah. Basically, there is a whole bunch of relatives that likely knew she wouldn't have wanted to be cremated. It might have been suspicious if Chad demanded body to be cremated.

Yup. Cremation or even talk of it would have stirred up issues for sure. No way trying that wouldn't backfire.

Ashes to ashes: More people choosing cremation

A lot of people in the LDS church are cremated. It is not against the religious beliefs. Her husband could have easily had his wife cremated.

But a quote from your article says:

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the predominant religion in Utah, doesn't ban cremation. But it is somewhat frowned upon here, one scholar says."

I haven't been involved with that church for 40 years, so current thinking may (and based on this article apparently has) evolved, but that is a change. I've lived in SE Idaho and Utah all but about 5 of my ... way more than that years and can't think of a case where a devout Mormon friend or family member has been cremated whereas there have definitely been non-LDS friends who have been. I think it was said to be improper at one time, but even if they've loosened up on it, I'm betting most don't realize and that Chad, if he had something to hide, would have seen it as an issue. Obviously MOO.

Last edited:
I read on a public Facebook post that Tammy was trying to help/"protect" Lori's kids before she died.

Chad and Lori had been on podcasts together and are reported to have run in the same circles, so it makes sense that Tammy and Lori might have known each other socially, but this sounds like more of a family friends situation, if true. That would be interesting. I'm wondering why Tammy was concerned about them.

Did Lori and Tammy know each other? Her father said Tammy visited a few weeks before her death and seemed happy (dancing in a living room). Maybe like the saying goes, wife is always the last to know.

Last edited:
Chad and Lori had been on podcasts together and are reported to have run in the same circles, so it makes sense that Tammy and Lori might have known each other socially, but this sounds like more of a family friends situation, if true. That would be interesting. I'm wondering why Tammy was concerned about them.

For some reason, I was assuming Tammy stayed home when Chad traveled to Arizona, but yes of course, they probably met at one of the conferences.

MOO Lori seems very manipulative, I think she made up a story, to garner sympathy from Tammy/the Daybell Family. MOO

The public Facebook Post I referenced above, stated the Vallow family were trying to "make them look guilty" them being Chad and Lori.

I was curious and went in search of something official regarding the LDS stance on cremation.

There was this article which gives a nice overview:

What the Church Has Actually Said About Cremation | LDS Living

That article referenced a magazine article from 1991 which appears to have been the source of this page in what I think is an official church website.

Do Latter-day Saints practice cremation?

My reading of this is that where laws or other rules, or cultural customs of the area are to cremate then it is okay. But if not cremating is a viable option (certainly, IMO, this applies to the person in question) then it is, at best, frowned on.

While there is some waffling and room left for people to decide to go their own way, I think this line negates all of that for most devout members:

"Church leaders have counseled that only in unusual circumstances or where required by law should cremation take place."

The public Facebook Post I referenced above, stated the Vallow family were trying to "make them look guilty" them being Chad and Lori.

I've seen some posting on the FB pages for local (Eastern Idaho) news agencies from at least one of Chad and Tammy's kids and her husband's family including her mother-in-law (if we are to believe they are who they said they were) where they were claiming that there was not an issue, the kids were fine, and it was much ado about nothing with the implication that anyone saying differently was stirring things up. But then when it was suggested that if they had information to prove the kids were okay that they should be telling the police, not random internet gossips, the daughter said her MIL didn't know what she was talking about and they deleted all of their comments. I actually thought this (that it was much ado about nothing) was a possibility a few days ago, but at this point I've got to believe if that was true that Chad and Lori would have shown up at a police station, said "see, they're fine, now leave us alone," and it would be a dead issue. MOO.

So, I really wonder if Lori would be the suspect in Tammy's death.

Otherwise, no matter what the cultural issues are with cremation, I am almost positive that a killer would ensure that there was zero evidence of murder. Chad could have easily done that...as a spouse, and priesthood holder in the home.

Unless, Chad had no clue that his wife had actually been murdered.

If every killer could ensure there is no evidence of murder, there would be zero convictions for murder.

Exactly. In this case, Chad (if he knew there had been a murder, either by him or by someone he didn't want to get caught) could have had Lori cremated. But odds are it would have attracted attention and anyone who was half questioning if Tammy's death was just a random death in her sleep of natural causes would have raised a red flag. The cremation might have covered up evidence, but we don't really even know that and won't unless the police or medical examiner come out and say that the autopsy after they exhumed the body found something specific pointing to murder or at least a suspicious death. Even if they had cremated, we don't know if there might be other evidence out there that might point to and be enough to convict whoever the murderer is, if it was murder. Obviously all MOO, but it comes down to we don't know.

Just an interesting unrelated story going on right now. Paramedic is accused of killing his wife with eye drops. He actually had her body cremated. But there was a blood sample that authorities were able to test. So even cremation doesn't assure no evidence of murder. Paramedic's wife's mother became suspicious because of the speed the paramedic moved on.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...d-his-wife-insurance-payout-method-eye-drops/

So, I really wonder if Lori would be the suspect in Tammy's death.

Otherwise, no matter what the cultural issues are with cremation, I am almost positive that a killer would ensure that there was zero evidence of murder. Chad could have easily done that...as a spouse, and priesthood holder in the home.

Unless, Chad had no clue that his wife had actually been murdered.
IMO, Chad wouldn't be on the run if he had nothing to do with this. Yes, he's a doomsday prepper, but he has a vested (financial) interest in keeping his following. Everyone hosting his podcasts or hiring him to speak at events has publicly distanced themselves from him. His career is over, his following is gone, except for the biggest nutters out there who believe he is being persecuted. He has a reason to run and that reason is nefarious, IMO.

Now I am NOT sharing this because I think what Chad did was normal, I think it is absolutely suspicious. But I will say that when my father died suddenly, my mother started dating the man who became my stepdad 2-3 weeks after (and my dad died suddenly with zero warning).

I was horrified and believed that my mom and stepdad had done something to my dad - especially because my mom didn’t have an autopsy (according to her because of our religion) - but I was also 12 at the time. She claims it was because stepdad had insurance which we did not, and who knows.

All this to say people apparently DO go against the norm and do whacky stuff that I could never fathom...and it can be “innocent”. However with all the deaths surrounding them (and even without them), I’m side eyeing this whole thing big time.
Ummmm... I'm sorry, but I have to ask... Was your dad cremated?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member