Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua's father was shot and killed by Lori's brother (who claimed self-defense) in Arizona. Tylee's father also died in Arizona from supposed heart attack. Chad's wife Tammy supposedly died in her sleep in Idaho. Nobody here died in TX a far as I can tell, so not sure what TX has to do with any of it either.
Ok, this is how I remember it too. There are so many players and locations in this dumpster fire of a case, that adding in irrelevant places or trying to make it personal to a location that isn’t part of it is just going to cause more confusion.

So the FBI IS involved and Fremont County Sheriff's Department is investigating. After previous posts about Rexburg police possibly being involved in AVOW or PAP maybe Rexburg PD is out of the picture.

Also, crime hag. :D

Don't know what the odds of the Rexburg PD being involved in AVOW or PAP. But I would think the possibility of the Fremont Sheriff's Department being involved in one of those organizations, if there is something going on there, would be just as high. Fremont county is only a few miles north of Rexburg. Neither are very far from Rigby (where one of those two organizations are HQed). Culturally they aren't much different. The size of the two organizations would, I'm guessing, be about the same. Fremont County has a much greater area to cover, but the population of the county is 14K, 3K less than the population of Rexburg (both obviously pretty small) so I'm guessing the department sizes are both small.

I am really curious what initially made police suspicious about Tammy's death. It was originally deemed natural causes, and seems like relatives (at least most) accepted that, even though Tammy was in good health. Her obituary says she died peacefully in her sleep. My bet is not everybody accepted that it was a natural death and somebody contacted police and informed them.
I guess her dying naturally is within the realm of possibility. So is Tylee’s dad dying naturally. So is a family violence situation where one guy shot another guy. And so is the dead brother dying of whatever. It’s really not any one of the things that looks suspicious. I think people started with the missing kids and began working their way backwards and suddenly all of these other situations are popping up. One person dying in these situations = weird but all of them just seems so far fetched that they HAVE to dig deeper. This Lori is like a black widow.

I guess her dying naturally is within the realm of possibility. So is Tylee’s dad dying naturally. So is a family violence situation where one guy shot another guy. And so is the dead brother dying of whatever. It’s really not any one of the things that looks suspicious. I think people started with the missing kids and began working their way backwards and suddenly all of these other situations are popping up. One person dying in these situations = weird but all of them just seems so far fetched that they HAVE to dig deeper. This Lori is like a black widow.

Except the statement from Rexburg PD was that they began to investigate Tammy's death and then discovered the kids were missing. Someone or something must have tipped them off to the suspicious nature of her death.

Except the statement from Rexburg PD was that they began to investigate Tammy's death and then discovered the kids were missing. Someone or something must have tipped them off to the suspicious nature of her death.
Maybe Chad's children found it just a little suspicious that their father remarried only a couple of weeks after their mother's sudden death...

Police statements have said they had requests for welfare checks for Joshua and that is how they discovered the kids gone.

Maybe Chad's children found it just a little suspicious that their father remarried only a couple of weeks after their mother's sudden death...

yeah... like the guy who convinced his wife to get a facelift and then caused her to OD on narcotics. His kids were extremely suspicious that he moved someone in right away. Ugh. I’m blanking on his name.

I wonder how the police know that the children were not with them when Lori and Chad fled Rexburg? Was that reported by a neighbor or were they seen on surveillance somewhere? If the former, did said neighbor ever see the children around?
I live in townhouses and I know very little of my neighbors children. I know there is a little girl right next door, I might see her every couple of weeks. I bet very few, if any of my neighbors know my 16 yo grandson lives here. He walks from the house to the car 2 to 4 times a day and he's at his dad's some weekends.
It's different, I know. MOO I think painting them in very worst light isn't going to find the children. If the issue is one of trust, it could be more damaging for them.

Not true. Two different police department.

Fremont County Sheriff's department would have jurisdiction over any issue with Tammy's death (she and Chad lived in a house out in a rural area NW of Rexburg and barely into the next county). They discovered Tammy's kids were missing at some point when the decided to re-evaluate their initial findings. What made them reconsider is still unclear.

The Rexburg Police Department were investigating Lori's kids being missing based on an out of state relative being concerned and asking them to do a welfare check which with a few dominoes falling turned into something bigger.

Maybe, but if these two surface at any point, I hope someone is there to take them into custody.

Maybe the police are just saying they aren’t working the holiday in order to try to lure them out. I don’t think the FBI takes weekends and holidays off so they should still be on the case. Chad and Lori have been gone a month though. I highly doubt they are anywhere in RPD jurisdiction, and I definitely don’t think they will be coming out of hiding the next few days. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have disguised themselves and are hiding in plain sight somewhere.

I live in townhouses and I know very little of my neighbors children. I know there is a little girl right next door, I might see her every couple of weeks. .

That's the same point I was trying to make earlier today. At least from the way the police press release reads, someone saw Chad and Lori leaving the apartment, at least what they presume was the last time, and the kids were with them at that point. What makes them confident this was the last time (if they really are) who knows. I could spin viable stories involving Tylee supervising JJ at another location, including the house that Chad presumably still has where he and Tammy lived, that puts the kids in a safe place. There are pieces of the story that definitely give cause for concern, but also the possibility that Chad and Lori have the kids hid for some reason, either legitimate or, more likely, due to paranoia, is one that can't be completely discounted. MOO.

MOO I think painting them in very worst light isn't going to find the children. If the issue is one of trust, it could be more damaging for them.
I have a feeling that these two aren't going to surrender if cornered, or give away the children's location. If they haven't harmed the children, but harmed the adults, they are probably expecting the children to be taken away.

LadyL I believe the OP may have meant Canada is cheaper on prescriptions but I could be wrong. I lived in the GTA for a while and meds are definitely cheaper but also not " easy" to get. We often hear that if you go to Mexico you can easily obtain anything from a doctor for a price.
I know ppl who went to Mexico for medical and dental procedures because even with the cost of travel it is significantly less expensive. I know people who get their prescriptions filled in Mexico, they obtain the prescription in the U.S., I assume these are tracked. I know laws were changed a few years back so U.S. citizens can't buy medication otc that requires a prescription in the U.S. but we can go to doctors in mexico and be prescribed medication.
Heck, I know how to buy antibiotics on the black market in the U.S., a RN told me. Not everyone is out to get high, some ppl genuinely need medicine. When that is the case, it happens. Just saying, because I was the OP.

Last edited:
I wonder if Tammy's death was natural causes, because definitely if she had been killed, wouldn't a killer, ensure that the evidence would be completely destroyed, ie, by having the victim's body cremated?

This is making the assumption that her spouse was involved, even though he has not been indicted as a person of interest in her death....but the fact that the police exhumed Tammy's body for a post mortem autopsy, leads that to be a reasonable assumption.

Unless Chad was not involved in Tammy's death, and Lori is somehow involved. I can't see any other viable candidate....

LDS church is not much in favor of cremation as far as I can tell. Tammy was a member of LDS church. Chad and Tammy had five grown children. Her parents are both alive and she also had four siblings. She is buried in Utah. Basically, there is a whole bunch of relatives that likely knew she wouldn't have wanted to be cremated. It might have been suspicious if Chad demanded body to be cremated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member