ID ID - Lewiston Civic Theater Murders / 5 Related Cases

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That Pocatello mess is insane and deserves its' own thread. If I were the grieving families I would have sued the mess out of that police department. And the cops didn't take the little boy sister when he said that a strange man walked into his home and took his sister-what did they think, he was telling a fairy story?
What the hell was wrong with those cops? Why weren't they on their damn jobs?
And what gets me is that there was a prevailing trend in the 70s and early 80s to label all missing teens as runaways-why was that-were there that many runaways?
Also, that perp most likely knew what he was doing by dumping those bodies in different jurisdictions.
Did the cops even try to sit down with the little boy to do a sketch of the abductor?

Wow, I wonder where that "little boy" is now and what he remembers. (And how traumatic the whole experience had to have been for him!)

Kline excuse me? V got away with this BS? I am starting to wonder if he is well connected or if his wife is. I smell a huge effing rat!
Kline, I have a link to GREAT piece on that Texas case if you are interested.
Kemo, thanks for that thread. Will peep it!
Please do script girl,ive followed that case for years.
There are links to it in the serial killer forum and unidentified as well.

I wonder if someone on LE was involved in a coverup in the Pocatello mess and this case.

The "Prime Suspect" moved to Charlotte NC in early 1998 and then moved to Mint Hill, sort of a suburb 10 miles to the east. He is, apparently, a Rural Mail Carrier. According to one site I have found, there was a serial killer of Afro-American women operating in Rocky Mount NC and two similar cases in Wilmington NC. They weren't sisters but one of their sisters was instrumental in bringing their case to the attention of the media. Both of these towns are over 150 miles from Mint Hill.

From the Charlie Project, I could find no missing women in the Mint Hill area and nothing in the Greater Charlotte Area that really jumped out at me. The only cases that were even close were two in Gastonia (below) that might be related but that was over 30 miles from Mint Hill. Could it be that our boy has been behaving himself?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rivkin_jennifer.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fraley_jamie.html

I am not sure those women in Rocky Mount fit his MO

No, they don't. There are perhaps six or eight missing women and probably more unsolved murders of women in the greater Charlotte area but nothing that I am aware of links them to the Prime Suspect. NC LE was notified about the Prime suspect so they have, hopefully, checked him out against those cases.

The cases I posted links to are very likely related since the occured in the same small town within a few weeks of each other. The victims both had connections to the local drug community. Our prime suspect lived 30 miles away but you never know.

If he thought moving to the other side of the country would alleviate the scrutiny he's under he was sadly mistaken and he knows it by now.

How do you guys know that Idaho LE talked to NC law enforcement about V?

At his point, without the remains of Steve Pearsal, the best chance of a resolution of this case is to tie the Prime Suspect to another murder or disappearance. Obviously, there will be plenty of such crimes in the Prime Suspects neck of the woods that he had nothing to do with, but I would hope LE had taken a good hard look at him for any such crime he had any geographical links to.

The most interesting to me is the three disappearances of young women in the Coeur d'Alene/Spokane area in 1986-87. Two of them were apparently oppertunistic abductions which appears to be the pattern in Lewiston. From what I can tell, they are unsolved with no serious suspect.

Check out http://www.spokesmanreview.com/coldcase/stories/?id=212335

How do you guys know that Idaho LE talked to NC law enforcement about V?
The one mainly responsible for tipping off NC LE was my friend Crecentcrow. Ive heard through the grapevine that the FBI gave them a heads up around the same time.
The Lewiston Tribune claimed that Lewiston LE had alerted Authorities in the POI's new stomping ground but Apparently that was news to NC's detectives...

At his point, without the remains of Steve Pearsal, the best chance of a resolution of this case is to tie the Prime Suspect to another murder or disappearance. Obviously, there will be plenty of such crimes in the Prime Suspects neck of the woods that he had nothing to do with, but I would hope LE had taken a good hard look at him for any such crime he had any geographical links to.

The most interesting to me is the three disappearances of young women in the Coeur d'Alene/Spokane area in 1986-87. Two of them were apparently oppertunistic abductions which appears to be the pattern in Lewiston. From what I can tell, they are unsolved with no serious suspect.

Check out http://www.spokesmanreview.com/coldcase/stories/?id=212335
Im aware of the Coeur d alene disappearences .
They certainly wouldnt surprise me.That area is about a four hour drive from lewiston the time frame would be appropriate.

I'm familiar with these cases, having lived in Genesee as
Well as Lewiston Idaho, and I've never thought the
Kristen Davis case fit with the others, her murder was horrific,
And brutal, if memory serves V neither owned a van nor fit
The physical description given by the young man in Genesee Idaho. And the rumors were, she was dismembered at the Sacajawea Motel..not exactly something a local
Man would do. Especially given the small size of the motel..anyhoo just my two cents

Why are you so sure a local wouldn't have killed Kristen at the sacajawea hotel? Where did the rumor come from that Kristen was dismembered there? And who is to say that the murders of the 2 girls and Stephen and that missing little girl weren't as brutal? No one really knows how the main suspect really killed them.

oduote=scrubbers72;7460728]I'm familiar with these cases, having lived in Genesee as
Well as Lewiston Idaho, and I've never thought the
Kristen Davis case fit with the others, her murder was horrific,
And brutal, if memory serves V neither owned a van nor fit
The physical description given by the young man in Genesee Idaho. And the rumors were, she was dismembered at the Sacajawea Motel..not exactly something a local
Man would do. Especially given the small size of the motel..anyhoo just my two cents[/quote]

Yes, Kristen David's death was horrific.
Obviously her killer had plenty of time to play.
and a place where he felt comfortable murdering and dismembering her(and God only knows what else.)
That speaks of someplace local at his disposal unless he wanted to turn his vehicle into a blood splattered abbatoir.
Wherever it was it probably had running water and a drain.
I dont beleive those hotel or motel rumors ever panned out to be anything but rumors.
The place of her death has never been established.
As for the hypnotized witness who described the central casting perfect 'bushy haired guy with a van" well....Im a little dubious.
If it had happened today it would probably be a latino gangbanger looking guy.
As far as Kristen David's murder not fitting with the others Christina White has never been found.
We dont know what was done to her ditto for Stephan Pearsal.
And God only knows what he had in mind for the Nelson and Miller girls at the Theater if he hadnt been interupted.
I may be wrong but i think anyone who would be moved to break into a morturary with a hunting knife would be very capable of commiting the Kristen David attrocity.
And I think the odds are a little high for a random killer to wander right into this very small area during this time frame and commit a one off that isnt connected.
Especially if it is ever conclusivly established our POI was on the scene for the recovery of Kristen David's remains from the Snake River.

I have to respectfully disagree ..the road from Lewiston to Moscow, (SPOKANE)..Isnt some rural road, its well traveled with Moscow and Pullman being college towns. It's never made sense to me, if you were going to abduction someone, why would you drive into the most populated town, all those small remote towns..Union Town, Genesee, Deary ,Troy...but you would drive to Lewiston, if you had no idea how big those town were from the signs...
It was a widely accepted rumor she was dismembered at the Sacajawea Hotel, which if memory serves , is thefirst small hotel you come across if you head downtown, which we all know loops toward the Clarkston Bridge..straight down bridgeport..to the second bridge her body was thrown from, if you think all that sounds like somebody familiar with the area, I.humbly disagree

I have to respectfully disagree ..the road from Lewiston to Moscow, (SPOKANE)..Isnt some rural road, its well traveled with Moscow and Pullman being college towns. It's never made sense to me, if you were going to abduction someone, why would you drive into the most populated town, all those small remote towns..Union Town, Genesee, Deary ,Troy...but you would drive to Lewiston, if you had no idea how big those town were from the signs...
It was a widely accepted rumor she was dismembered at the Sacajawea Hotel, which if memory serves , is thefirst small hotel you come across if you head downtown, which we all know loops toward the Clarkston Bridge..straight down bridgeport..to the second bridge her body was thrown from, if you think all that sounds like somebody familiar with the area, I.humbly disagree

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back