ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Podcast if anyone wants to listen

Residents of a small rural Idaho town of turn out in force to join authorities searching for a 5-year-old boy reported missing on July 27th. He was last seen in a field near his family home. Searchers are leaving no stone unturned, including a nearby septic tank.

‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’: Precious 5-Year-Old Boy Vanishes From Field Near Family Home

This quote seems new to me:
“He was last seen in a field near his family home.”

I haven’t listened yet. And I don’t count this source as one of the most accurate or well-researched. However, that would be interesting if true.

There is quite a lengthy update on the Fruitland Police Page today:

Update: The search for Michael Joseph Vaughan continues.
5-year-old Michael was last seen 14 days ago, July 27 at approx.. 6:30 p.m. in his neighborhood on Southwest 9th Street in Fruitland, Idaho.
To date we have received nearly 250 tips with each one being reviewed by an assigned investigator. Our Tipline is functioning very well and we are receiving your information. Thank you. Please send your tips directly to our Tipline as we are not able to monitor our Facebook.
Please note the new email Tipline: findmichael@fruitland.org.
Today we continued the methodical task of combing through the residential and business security camera video files for new leads. Search and rescue efforts are scheduled this week to include professional search and rescue personnel, canines, as well as aerial and marine searches of the area. The many miles of waterways present significant challenges for us and there is a lot of debris and vegetation overgrowth along the banks of the Snake River and it’s slews. It will be slow going along the river, but as you know, we’re leaving no stone unturned. We recently searched large French drain in the area of the Hidden Meadows Subdivision with the use of a high resolution, large drain camera.
The New Plymouth Public Works Department provided the camera and we would like to thank them for its use in our search for Michael. We continue to ask all residents to walk their fence lines and check any drainage that may run through your property.
There may be someone who knows something who has been unsure, perhaps even afraid to reach out. We want to listen. For those who would like their tips to remain anonymous, tips can be sent through Crime Stoppers of Southwest Idaho http://www.crimestoppersswidaho.org/.

There is more info here : Log In or Sign Up to View

Praying they find Micael soon.....

Anyone thinking of that case years ago (maybe four?) where a little boy (was it two of them?) were playing outside when they were either left home alone or their parents were high on drugs and they fell into like a drain with a cover? They weren't found for awhile? Reminds me of this a little maybe? He just fell into something? And anyone remember the name of the people in that case?

SBM

Wow. I think there's a high chance they have a POI judging by that statement.
Or at least considering it’s more than a little boy lost ...

If through some miracle he is lost and just not found yet, I hope he has access to at least water, (but not be in the water....) For survival...

So very sad all round....

There is quite a lengthy update on the Fruitland Police Page today:

5-year-old Michael was last seen 14 days ago, July 27 at approx.. 6:30 p.m. in his neighborhood on Southwest 9th Street in Fruitland, Idaho.
To date we have received nearly 250 tips with each one being reviewed by an assigned investigator. Our Tipline is functioning very well and we are receiving your information. Thank you. Please send your tips directly to our Tipline as we are not able to monitor our Facebook.
Please note the new email Tipline: findmichael@fruitland.org.
Today we continued the methodical task of combing through the residential and business security camera video files for new leads. Search and rescue efforts are scheduled this week to include professional search and rescue personnel, canines, as well as aerial and marine searches of the area. The many miles of waterways present significant challenges for us and there is a lot of debris and vegetation overgrowth along the banks of the Snake River and it’s slews. It will be slow going along the river, but as you know, we’re leaving no stone unturned. We recently searched large French drain in the area of the Hidden Meadows Subdivision with the use of a high resolution, large drain camera.
The New Plymouth Public Works Department provided the camera and we would like to thank them for its use in our search for Michael. We continue to ask all residents to walk their fence lines and check any drainage that may run through your property.
There may be someone who knows something who has been unsure, perhaps even afraid to reach out. We want to listen. For those who would like their tips to remain anonymous, tips can be sent through Crime Stoppers of Southwest Idaho http://www.crimestoppersswidaho.org/.

There is more info here : Log In or Sign Up to View

Praying they find Micael soon.....
This is so important:
In addition to tiplines at the Payette County Sheriff’s Office and Crime Stoppers of Southwest Idaho, where callers can remain anonymous, police noted that there is also a new email tipline: findmichael@fruitland.org.
Because: So many people are much more comfortable typing an email in lieu of calling and talking on the phone. Especially in these days of online life. One can gather their thoughts and write a sensible paragraph or two outlining the tip and details. I find I get flustered on the telephone when talking to an unknown. I have a hard time getting my point across. Like the dang electric company. Because: They don’t listen. Ok, sidetracked… Plus, email provides a sort of anonymity, making use more comfortable to share.

I wish past tense wasn’t included in this update:

“Michael, by all accounts, was an active, inquisitive, child. While we have not eliminated any possibility, it is possible he may have wandered somewhere and he needs our help to find him.
Fruitland Police Department turn to social media for missing boy updates

“We just want our Monkey home,” Michael’s parents, Brandi Neal and Tyler Vaughan, said about him. “We just miss our baby, and we want him home."

“We have received tremendous support from the Fruitland community, and we will continue to call upon them, but as needed,” Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff explains. “We are vigorously following up on each lead that comes in.”

Authorities are asking town residents to look inside any vehicle or shed a 5-year-old might be able to get inside and to check any video surveillance footage.
Family of Missing 5-Year-Old Idaho Boy Continues Their Search

Anyone thinking of that case years ago (maybe four?) where a little boy (was it two of them?) were playing outside when they were either left home alone or their parents were high on drugs and they fell into like a drain with a cover? They weren't found for awhile? Reminds me of this a little maybe? He just fell into something? And anyone remember the name of the people in that case?
I do. I think of that one a lot. I think his name was Noah. Wasn’t there two little boys named Noah missing around the same time. Wasn’t he found in the sewer drain and somehow the cap was on. Everyone blamed the parents, saying they put him in the drain. Ok, gotta go find the case now. I forget what happened. I think you’re right about the parents getting high and leaving them alone.

Oh crud, I hadn’t seen this article. It’s so sad. Really tragic. I was thinking about him earlier at the same time I thought about Jessica in the well. *This is a must read and watch for me. I should always doubt myself when I suspect a family member is involved. I should believe them until their own words prove me wrong. An important reminder for me in this case and the West boys. I’m at a loss on this case. What could have happened?

SEPTIC: New Podcast Explores a Tragedy and a Rush to Judgment
Eta: GUILTY - VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #7

Last edited:
“To my knowledge, I don’t think we’re ever experience anything like this before. It’s absolutely devastating," Terri Shurte, a resident of Payette and founder of the Treasure Valley Long Riders. I think that’s why the community is coming in such force to show the family support and we are here for them. We want to bring him home.”

Shurte said she was asked by a friend of Vaughan's family if the group would organize a fundraiser to support the family. The event called the “Bring ‘Monkey' Home Poker Run” references the little boy's nickname. It's set for August 21 in Caldwell.

“Right now, that family, I can’t imagine, this is their worst nightmare. This is any parent’s worst nightmare. I can’t imagine trying to work and try to carry on with a normal life while your child is missing," Shurte said. "This right here helps the parents focus on trying to find the child and we are just trying to ease their day too day expenses.”

For more information on the event and registration for the ride, you can click here.
upload_2021-8-12_4-55-39.jpeg
Fruitland is an agricultural town, sandwiched between the Snake and Payette Rivers and crisscrossed by irrigation ditches and canals. Police said it's made the search more difficult.

According to authorities, the recent efforts included looking through the french drain near Hidden Meadows Subdivision.

Fruitland police ask residents to check their fence lines or any drainage near your property.
https://www.kivitv.com/news/local-g...earch-for-missing-five-year-old-fruitland-boy

I wish they would specifically tell people how to search their properties. "Look inside your vehicle, including underneath all seats and in the trunk... complete a grid search of your property, inch - by - inch, search through your garbage cans - you are looking for clues, such as footprints and clothing..." Things like that.
:(
I hope he's found today.

I wish they would specifically tell people how to search their properties. "Look inside your vehicle, including underneath all seats and in the trunk... complete a grid search of your property, inch - by - inch, search through your garbage cans - you are looking for clues, such as footprints and clothing..." Things like that.
:(
I hope he's found today.
The fence lines must be overcrowded with weeds and vines growing all about them. They need to lift up the growth to see underneath. Especially a metal fence but all fences, buildings and vertical objects that have vegetation growing along the sides. Baling wire, cable rolls, etc. have greenery camouflaging some areas. What about checking each and every doghouse? I’m so afraid someone rolled him up and stuffed his little body somewhere…

This quote seems new to me:
“He was last seen in a field near his family home.”

I haven’t listened yet. And I don’t count this source as one of the most accurate or well-researched. However, that would be interesting if true.

I listened yesterday and she talks to the East Idaho News reporter for a while about this. LE said he was last seen outside near the farm field. Nancy dug down and tried to confirm that the parents said they last saw him in the house so the sighting outside was likely a tip from someone who saw him and didn't think it was relevant at the time. The East Idaho News reporter said LE would not clarify but that was their assumption too. That he was seen by at least one other person outside around 6:30.

I listened yesterday and she talks to the East Idaho News reporter for a while about this. LE said he was last seen outside near the farm field. Nancy dug down and tried to confirm that the parents said they last saw him in the house so the sighting outside was likely a tip from someone who saw him and didn't think it was relevant at the time. The East Idaho News reporter said LE would not clarify but that was their assumption too. That he was seen by at least one other person outside around 6:30.

Has there been any clarification yet on who reported him missing? Was it the parents or someone else?

Today’s Update by Fruitland Police

5-year-old Michael was last seen 16 days ago, July 27 at approximately 6:30 p.m. in his neighborhood on Southwest 9th Street in Fruitland, Idaho.
The ground search continues with emphasis on the drainages near the area where Michael went missing. Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Teams with canines have been back in the area searching locations on both sides of the Snake River. Marine search operations are scheduled and searching will continue as resources are available. Residents may see search crews along the banks of canals and rivers this week and at any given time as we work to leave no stone unturned in our search for Michael. You may also see drones or other specialized equipment assisting in the search.

The remainder of the update is the same as yesterday...

Please let M be found today.... the pain and anguish of him missing must be unbearable .....

Just a question - in the Summer Wells case the 911 Call hasn’t been made public, but the dispatch call has.... is there a way to search dispatch calls in the US, or do they also need to be released by the Police???
Just wondering what was said on that, in relation to the question by Bluebc

Just a question - in the Summer Wells case the 911 Call hasn’t been made public, but the dispatch call has.... is there a way to search dispatch calls in the US, or do they also need to be released by the Police???
Just wondering what was said on that, in relation to the question by Bluebc
I think you can search date, time and location if you have a subscription to something like Broadcastify. A member in Summer's thread was talking about that the other day.

ETA I think it was @investigatefred

Last edited:
I think you can search date, time and location if you have a subscription to something like Broadcastify. A member in Summer's thread was talking about that the other day.

Thanks for the link to @investigatefred I was able to look up Fred’s post(s) ..... And discovered that you can ask for a rewind on WS...

I have asked the Scanner Thread If they could possibly look up the dispatch call for dear Michael, as it appears they have still not found him today... It is heartbreaking...

Thanks for the link to @investigatefred I was able to look up Fred’s post(s) ..... And discovered that you can ask for a rewind on WS...

I have asked the Scanner Thread If they could possibly look up the dispatch call for dear Michael, as it appears they have still not found him today... It is heartbreaking...

Yes, you can hear dispatch calls in most places, (in some counties & cities the police dispatch are not shared, sometimes its fire & ems only and sometimes none are) I initially thought and stated I would share them from Broadcastify, but my post was removed and I was advised that we could not discuss them on the public threads, and we had to put them somewhere called the "basement", but no discussion about them was allowed there either.

ETA: In most high profile cases, news stations generally release any dispatch call they can find. I have not followed this particular case, but if you have a date, time and area, I'd be happy to check Broadcastify for it and at least upload to the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper