ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI taking over the investigation. I'll be back with a link

ETA: I saw it live on KBOI 2 News but can't get a link yet
Thank you for the info. From what I had been seeing, LE released a statement, but never held a press conference since he disappeared. Smaller towns have less resources and less experience in these types of cases.Glad the FBI is joining in. Is it the CARD team?

"In cooperation with the ground search efforts, the Army National Guard deployed a helicopter and conducted a search of the entire area. This afternoon water levels in the area canals were reduced and searched by law enforcement K-9 and fire personnel with no success. Confident that the immediate area was thoroughly searched, the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Team was released this afternoon and law enforcement will continue to coordinate search efforts."

No good with maps. I found a community park and splashland. If Michael has ever been there would he figure on trekking to the playground?

Worrying about abandoned or cars being worked on. Kids climb in those trunks. Surely LE has checked.

Clothing description? Do they mean shorts or he is in his underwear? I'm thinking those boxing length shorts? Please find him. He reminds me of my brother at that age. Despite knowing he'd get whooped if he just left the house he'd be up with the sun, leave PJ'S on, take a box of Captain Crunch, his Big Wheel and just go.

Stay at home mom. Detective dad. We were watched. Some kids they just........go!!!!!

No good with maps. I found a community park and splashland. If Michael has ever been there would he figure on trekking to the playground?

Worrying about abandoned or cars being worked on. Kids climb in those trunks. Surely LE has checked.

Clothing description? Do they mean shorts or he is in his underwear? I'm thinking those boxing length shorts? Please find him. He reminds me of my brother at that age. Despite knowing he'd get whooped if he just left the house he'd be up with the sun, leave PJ'S on, take a box of Captain Crunch, his Big Wheel and just go.

Stay at home mom. Detective dad. We were watched. Some kids they just........go!!!!!
They said he would regularly go to neighbors homes looking for someone to play with. I wonder how far he would travel on these jaunts?

Suggest everyone check their pools, sheds and under any trees and shrubs. When it gets dark, children get frightened and crawl into little hidey holes. Any in-ground pools that have access doors to the pump equipment should be checked. A little concerned about the woods and long green scum covered pond to the west of the development. If he was grabbed, it's the closest area of opportunity for getting out of earshot of the local residents. Like others, I wonder what his comfort range of travel is.

Attachments

• Fruitland 1_LI.jpg
    Fruitland 1_LI.jpg
    900.6 KB · Views: 54
Suggest everyone check their pools, sheds and under any trees and shrubs. When it gets dark, children get frightened and crawl into little hidey holes. Any in-ground pools that have access doors to the pump equipment should be checked. A little concerned about the woods and long green scum covered pond to the west of the development. If he was grabbed, it's the closest area of opportunity for getting out of earshot of the local residents. Like others, I wonder what his comfort range of travel is.
Thanks for posting this @Trackergd. I’m really surprised that they released the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Team after only 1 day.

There is another thread about a young child in PA that wandered off and was located drowned in a pool (Lenny Hatinda) near his home. Folks just don't seem to get the message about fencing in their pools and locking the gate.

I am surprised about releasing the SAR Team as well. Might relate to what LE knows at this point.

Last edited:
Without prejudice I will note that at no time were my kids ever out of our eyesight. If they played outside our home, one of us was sitting on the porch watching. Doing the same now for our great grandson, with the addition of four 4K color cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member