ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cox is a close friend to the family and said she has been acting as a sounding board and support system for Michael's parents, Tyler Vaughan and Brandi Neal.

Cox described Michael as a curious and friendly boy. She said he wandered off onto the front yard to go over to a neighbors house when he went missing.

"They're incredibly brave, they're being incredibly strong," Cox said. "They're very supportive of each other and they're doing the best they can."

"The community has been fantastic," Cox said. "It's just overwhelming, the amount of support. It's just people wanting to do so much to get Monkey home."

"There's not even word to express the gratitude that they feel, the love that they feel from the community," Cox said. "It's just absolutely amazing."

"It's tireless efforts that they're putting out there and it's time away from their families," Cox said. "They're working so hard to get a solution and get Monkey home."

Cox said the family speaks to investigators daily.

The family said if people are looking to help, they encourage donating water or snacks to the search crews that are working day in and day out.

Cox asked people to continue to share Michael's picture on social media and by handing out flyers. She also asked people to only use pictures of Michael that have been shared by the family.

"They could not be any more thankful," Cox said.
Family of missing Fruitland boy 'thankful' for ongoing search efforts and community support | ktvb.com
Noticeable difference from some other parents of a missing child :(. I hope they have answers soon.

Noticeable difference from some other parents of a missing child :(. I hope they have answers soon.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Staying out from the public eye and media after their press conference where Ms. Brandi was so strong and genuine to speak out for her child was a good strategy. Bringing forth a trusted friend, who has been so vocal and adamant on social media is another smart directional move. I can’t imagine the pain and fear of the unknown location and well being for their little Michael. I try to think as a fly on their wall hearing and seeing their words and tears - visualizing their body posture and trembling hands as they jump to answer the phone hoping for positive updated news. All I wanna do is fly away…

While abduction by adult is on everyone's mind along with injured and expired, the wording has me wondering about older children. Older children with issues can be very cruel to younger ones leading to an accidental event.
If by chance, an older local kid is involved in Michael’s disappearance - I tend to think it must have been a mindless, impulsive, and unpredictable act. Michael may have even been unknown to this assailant until just before the abduction - a spontaneous act rather than premeditated.

Whoever this kid could be - it’s someone with behavioral and psychosocial issues. If indeed this did happen - the kid must be walking around in a paranoid reality by now. Surely the parents notice increased anxiety. Say this is so. Now, a parent or grandparent is starting to put 2+2 together. Now, they too, are living in that cloud of paranoia. What would you do? Talk to the kid, of course. Let’s say, kid denies, denies, denies. You’re not convinced. What next?

If by chance, an older local kid is involved in Michael’s disappearance - I tend to think it must have been a mindless, impulsive, and unpredictable act. Michael may have even been unknown to this assailant until just before the abduction - a spontaneous act rather than premeditated.

Whoever this kid could be - it’s someone with behavioral and psychosocial issues. If indeed this did happen - the kid must be walking around in a paranoid reality by now. Surely the parents notice increased anxiety. Say this is so. Now, a parent or grandparent is starting to put 2+2 together. Now, they too, are living in that cloud of paranoia. What would you do? Talk to the kid, of course. Let’s say, kid denies, denies, denies. You’re not convinced. What next?
Mentioning older kids brings the Jessica Ridgeway case to mind.

Edited for grammar

The FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team was deployed to help in the search, according to Barker. The CARD Team is made up of investigators who specialize in child abductions and mysterious disappearances of children.

Barker said the CARD Team "provides investigative, technical and resource assistance to state and local law enforcement during the critical time period following that abduction or mysterious disappearance."

The FBI has also "provided investigative, forensic and technical assistance, including behavior analyses."

"The search for Michael is a strong collaborative effort among federal, state and local law enforcement agencies with one goal: to recover Michael and bring him home," Barker said in a statement sent to KTVB.

Michael has blond hair, blue eyes, is about 3-foot-7 and was last seen wearing a blue Minecraft t-shirt and dark blue briefs near Southwest 9th Street and South Arizona Avenue in Fruitland on July 27.

Barker emphasized that anyone who has any information about the case into Michael's disappearance to call Fruitland Police Dispatch at (208) 642-6006. bbm
FBI: Child Abduction Rapid Development Team helps search for missing Fruitland boy | ktvb.com

Could someone remind me why a teen perp is being discussed? I don't remember where that came from.

And just out of curiousity, have any child disappearances by a teen been unresolved this long? I just looked up Jessica Ridgeway and that was five days. (seemed like longer at the time.)

Could someone remind me why a teen perp is being discussed? I don't remember where that came from.

And just out of curiousity, have any child disappearances by a teen been unresolved this long? I just looked up Jessica Ridgeway and that was five days. (seemed like longer at the time.)
My foggy brain tells me the topic arose from the fact that LE continues to focus on the small area designated from the getgo - Michael’s neighborhood <modsnip>. The scenario came up when discussing possible suspects other than a stranger abduction.

Maddie Clifton - 7 days
I remember seeing this on TV and it creeped me out:
Josh Phillips (murderer) - Wikipedia

Michael Howell - 1 month

This 17 year old didn’t kill a child but did manage to conceal body within home.
Teen kills father, hides body, hosts parties, installs stripper pole in kitchen

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tips have come from across the Treasure Valley and across the country," the police department said. "Our investigators continue to follow up and have spoken with people in multiple states as we work to find Michael."

In Thursday's update to the community, Fruitland PD said Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue along with a specialized canine recently search an area on the Oregon side of the Snake River.

Also, "investigators are asking more questions, scrutinizing more pieces of video, even re-interviewing some individuals in the effort to make sure no detail is missed."

The police department did say that the ground search for Vaughan is being scaled back as search crews focus in on specific areas as new information is collected.

"We remain hopeful that we will be able to, at some point, provide answers and bring Michael home," police said. "Until that day, we stand steadfast in our belief that we live and serve a caring and supportive community, that we’re surrounded by dedicated professionals lending their expertise to finding one small boy, and that those things combined will enable us to bring Michael home."
Fruitland PD: Tips coming in for missing boy Michael Vaughan from all over the country

In addition to other comments, I also think that @Trackergd noticed that the tone of the appeal to those who may have been frightened to come forward sounded like an appeal to a minor. Moo

Mentioning older kids brings the Jessica Ridgeway case to mind.

Edited for grammar
And the little girl riding her bike around her apartment complex in Santa Cruz. A teen boy, good friend of her family, killed her that afternoon and tried to put her in the trash can. :( I can't remember her name now...sadly

Well, the messaging is changing. Speaking to a perp?

Continuing with the message of staying focused. Lots of agencies, including federal, helping. We aren't giving up? We will prevail? You're no match for us?

Referencing getting tips from all parts of the country. Some of the tips are "thoughtful", meaning that they are credible and helpful maybe? Someone has given us valuable information about you?

The communnity has been impressive and helpful. People are telling on you? The community isn't covering for you?

We ask residents to remain vigilant and observant. Keep your eyes on them? Keep informing us what they're doing?

There may be someone who hasn't talked to us yet. We know who you are? We're closing in? You can't escape?

Strong idea of the community and LE working together to find Michael.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members