ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While abduction by adult is on everyone's mind along with injured and expired, the wording has me wondering about older children. Older children with issues can be very cruel to younger ones leading to an accidental event.
This is a very good point @Trackergd ! The wording could very well be appealing to a child. Even without any malice intended, children may also encourage each other to take stupid risks. Like jumping in a river. MOO

This is a very good point @Trackergd ! The wording could very well be appealing to a child. Even without any malice intended, children may also encourage each other to take stupid risks. Like jumping in a river. MOO

Which leads me to wonder...

Was Monkey alone?... or with someone else?...at the last sighting?

Just wondering...

Michael Vaughan: Search for Missing 5-year-old Idaho Boy Enters 4th Week
by Leigh Egan
August 17, 2021
snipped
The search for 5-year-old Michael Vaughan, an Idaho boy who was last seen in July, has entered its fourth week.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Michael was last seen on July 27 at around 6 p.m. in Fruitland, Idaho, in a residential area near an open field near his home on SW 9th Street. He was wearing a “Minecraft” T-shirt, boxer briefs, and blue flips flops. It remains unclear who, if anyone, was with him before he disappeared.

On Monday, the Fruitland Police Department took to Facebook and posted that the search for Michael is still very much active and ongoing.

“As of today, Monday, August 16, we have received nearly 290 tips from citizens. It is an intensive effort to follow up on all credible tips and leads and continue to review all video footage. However, investigative resources from the FBI, Idaho State Police, Boise Police Department, and the Fruitland Police Department remain on task.”

----
Good to see Leigh Egan @leighEg covering Michael's case. Both Summer Wells and Michael gone in the blink of an eye....or maybe not? Now another little one missing from her yard - Madison Yale....

MI - MI - Madison Yale, 4, Autistic/NonVerbal, Engadine, 16 Aug 2021

While abduction by adult is on everyone's mind along with injured and expired, the wording has me wondering about older children. Older children with issues can be very cruel to younger ones leading to an accidental event.
I agree. I have a horrible feeling this is a case like James Bulgar. <modsnip> I feel awful for his parents, <modsnip> It was in their mind until now an ideal setting for a little whipper snapper to be raised. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Vaughan: Search for Missing 5-year-old Idaho Boy Enters 4th Week
by Leigh Egan
August 17, 2021
snipped
The search for 5-year-old Michael Vaughan, an Idaho boy who was last seen in July, has entered its fourth week.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Michael was last seen on July 27 at around 6 p.m. in Fruitland, Idaho, in a residential area near an open field near his home on SW 9th Street. He was wearing a “Minecraft” T-shirt, boxer briefs, and blue flips flops. It remains unclear who, if anyone, was with him before he disappeared.

On Monday, the Fruitland Police Department took to Facebook and posted that the search for Michael is still very much active and ongoing.

“As of today, Monday, August 16, we have received nearly 290 tips from citizens. It is an intensive effort to follow up on all credible tips and leads and continue to review all video footage. However, investigative resources from the FBI, Idaho State Police, Boise Police Department, and the Fruitland Police Department remain on task.”

----
Good to see Leigh Egan @leighEg covering Michael's case. Both Summer Wells and Michael gone in the blink of an eye....or maybe not? Now another little one missing from her yard - Madison Yale....

MI - MI - Madison Yale, 4, Autistic/NonVerbal, Engadine, 16 Aug 2021

I’ve followed this thread and somehow missed that Michael was wearing boxer briefs and flip flops. It sounds like he was as home and stepped out for a short time based on the clothing.(?)

If someone took him on 9th street, I just can’t believe that nobody saw it. That street dead ends on the opposite end from where MJ’s house is. It’s not a street people just drive down for no reason, usually. I think that’s part of the reason we never worried about the kids playing. My kids went from house to house playing with their neighborhood friends all the time.

My heart aches for MJ’s family.

Where are you, little one?
I wonder if @AgeofAquaruis saw this post and thought it was about Michael? I've skimmed through the media threads and am not finding anything but maybe the parents said it at a presser ?
Media thread:
ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*No Discussion

Where does a five year old go after the other kids go in for the night?

By the one comment we know this is a friendly child. He would go in and out of houses looking for a playmate. Is he allowed to cross the street? Would he break that boundry? Would he just wander?

Thinking aloud. I worry about lil guys like this because they will follow an older kid in a heart beat.
I hope I got this right. This is where I first saw this mentioned.

When Michael first went missing, I thought that he might be in the water, there are so many ditches and canals. But searchers seem to have done a thorough job of searching, even draining some of the waterways. If he is in the water, it will be because he was concealed there. IMO.

Based on the repeated language the FPD keeps using, asking residents to check and re-check their properties; and asking those who may know something to not be afraid to talk to the PD, I'm wondering if he has been hidden by someone. That's where I am right now, that he has been concealed. :(

Do we have any more background info ? Who all was in the home when this child disappeared ? Was the father at work, or returning from work ? Was the mother cooking dinner and the boy just slipped out unbeknownst to her ? Do we know who called 911 ? Did a neighbor see him out walking in the clothes described, or did the mother see him out on the road ? How long was he missing before 911 was called ?

Just a lot of information missing, and I can't see to find the answers anywhere.

Do we have any more background info ? Who all was in the home when this child disappeared ? Was the father at work, or returning from work ? Was the mother cooking dinner and the boy just slipped out unbeknownst to her ? Do we know who called 911 ? Did a neighbor see him out walking in the clothes described, or did the mother see him out on the road ? How long was he missing before 911 was called ?

Just a lot of information missing, and I can't see to find the answers anywhere.
All the answers are out there just not on MSM.

Was it normal for him to go outside in his underwear?

We live out in the country, so it wouldn't matter much here. Our neighbors can't see us unless they're peeping with binoculars or happen to drive by at just the right moment. I'm sure my boys have gone to check the mail or whatever in their boxers. Just seems a little strange for a neighborhood setting.

Investigators will be back in areas that have been concentrated on and may be knocking on doors and asking more questions. Those areas include Southwest 8th and 9th streets, as well as three subdivisions: Cornwall Way, Hidden Meadows and Three Rivers Way.
Investigators will circle back to areas near boy's home
*I still feel like Michael is somewhere in his neighborhood. Do I think Michael is still alive? Sadly, I must say no…

I’m not finding much -I set up his media thread and noticed there were hardly any details about the circumstances under which he went missing
ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*No Discussion
Imo

"We emphasize, we have not eliminated any possibility as we look everywhere and follow every lead in our search for Michael. We continue to ask local residents and businesses to remain vigilant and observant," Fruitland police said on Facebook.

He was last seen in the area of southwest 8th Street, southwest 9th Street and Cornwall Way between 6:30 and 7:15 p.m. on July 27 in Fruitland.

The Long Riders are hosting a fundraiser called Bring Monkey Home Benefit Poker Ride on August 21. All the proceeds from the event will go towards Michael's family.

"We know they probably had to take a lot of time off work and their bills keep coming in, no matter what," Ribera said.

Bikers will kick off their ride at the Sportsman's Hideout in Caldwell and end it at Legend's in Weiser, where there will be a poker tournament, dinner, music and live and silent auction items. Those who do not ride motorcycles can also take part in the ride in their car.

Registration is $20 per person and people can register from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Sportsman's Hideout. The ride will start at 10 a.m. The auction and dinner will start at 2:30 p.m.

It's a message that's been expressed a lot in the past few weeks but it's one community members still want Michael's family to know: They are here for them.

"All we can keep doing is praying and hoping he comes home soon," Ribera said.

While riders still have a few days until Saturday's benefit, Ribera and others still looking for any and all help they can get from others.

Anyone with questions on the ride or interested in volunteering is asked to contact Terrie Cathcart-Shurte at 208-405-5603 or Ribera at 208-936-5004. Anyone interested in donating to the auctions is asked to contact Cheryl Farley at 208-740-9998.
After 3 weeks, searchers continue to look for missing Fruitland boy | ktvb.com
Eta Map:
https://payettecounty.org/pdf/Maps/payco_vote_fruitland.pdf

Last edited:
I hope I got this right. This is where I first saw this mentioned.

Yes @AgeofAquaruis I originally questioned could Michael have went with an older kid? Little ones as fearless and adventurous as Monkey get noticed by older kids. Mostly because they think they're funny. They let them hang around almost like a mascot.

Sadly then you have older kids who want to take out their frustration on someone weaker, and smaller.

Beautiful boy!!! Tears my heart out.

Storm drains locator: input an address for a search area. For example, I input Fruitland, ID SW 8th & Cornwell Way. It also has a layer legend option on the right, showing canals, ditches, etc. I’m horrible with maps. Maybe someone else can interpret results.
ArcGIS Web Application

*"People can go to ACHDIdaho.org, it's under quick links and you can enter your address," DuBois said. "And it will show near your residence where the nearest storm drain is located."

The red dots are the storm drains, and the black squares are manhole covers.
ACHD's online map locates your storm drains across the Valley

ETA: *I wonder how closely has LE looked at Crestview Park:
If by chance he was taken by an older kid - the kid would probably be familiar and know his way around the park with the splash pad:
Google Maps
upload_2021-8-18_8-8-16.jpeg

Last edited:
When my boys were little, if they were lounging around in a huge T-shirt and boxers, they’d forget they weren’t wearing shorts bc they’re the same length. I can see a 5 yr old just going out that way without realizing.
Was it normal for him to go outside in his underwear?

We live out in the country, so it wouldn't matter much here. Our neighbors can't see us unless they're peeping with binoculars or happen to drive by at just the right moment. I'm sure my boys have gone to check the mail or whatever in their boxers. Just seems a little strange for a neighborhood setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member