ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think a missing child’s parent needs to lawyer up. If I were being accused of a crime, or it looked like it was moving that direction, I’d consider a lawyer. But if my kids were missing, I’d be doing everything necessary to find them and wouldn’t want to deter from the investigation by adding a lawyer.

Regarding the McCanns, they were completely negligent in their parenting that ill fated night. I feel horrible about their child, but I don’t think we should compare these parents right now to the McCanns.
On the other hand, if LE was expending precious resources by hyper focusing on innocent parents, an attorney might help keep things moving. Each situation is different, and an attorney should be brought in if things seem to be off track. As long as an attorney isn't impeding efforts, and encouraging their client to keep working with LE (albeit with the attorney involved as necessary), I think it can actually be beneficial.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’m always concerned when I see these cases because so many times before we have seen the parents be behind the disappearance. I pray that isn’t the case
I'm not getting that sense from them. In the presser they seemed very distraught, dad especially looked ready to smash on anyone who would do anything to hurt his child. MOO

I'm not getting that sense from them. In the presser they seemed very distraught, dad especially looked ready to smash on anyone who would do anything to hurt his child. MOO
Me either. I immediately went to abduction so I find it very concerning that the search is still focused on the immediate area. Maybe they believe he did wander off and is lost but with all the resources they've utilised so far in the search I'm worried that this may not be the case.

Me either. I immediately went to abduction so I find it very concerning that the search is still focused on the immediate area. Maybe they believe he did wander off and is lost but with all the resources they've utilised so far in the search I'm worried that this may not be the case.
I hope it doesn't turn out to be a case like James Bulgar in England. Where he was lured away and killed by two older kids. MOO

Tuesday marks two weeks since 5-year-old Fruitland boy went missing

Riders decorated their motorcycles with blue ribbons, representing Vaughan’s favorite color.
Who is missing boy Michael Vaughan, 5, from Fruitland, Idaho?

Facebook.com/CityOfFruitlandPolice/
Thank you for your support.

Downloadable Poster

TIPLINE: findmichael@fruitland.org

To keep your tip anonymous, send it through Crime Stoppers at crimestoppersswidaho.org http://www.crimestoppersswidaho.org/

Statement from Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff, Press Briefing Aug. 4, 2021

Idaho Missing Persons Clearinghouse View Missing Persons

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children missingkids.com Home

Find Michael Vaughan - City of Fruitland Idaho

*Where are you little Michael Joseph? Did you get lost and fall into something dangerous. (It makes no sense but I keep thinking of Jessica, was that her name, the little girl who fell in a well) Did a bad person take you by your hand, walk away with you and put you in their car? Did some teenagers start teasing you, pushing you down and you fought back? I don’t know what to think but it’s been too long. Michael is missing. I watched Freedomland today. Good movie about a little missing boy if y’all haven’t seen it. We need Edie Falco and her group to come into Fruitland. If only this were a movie.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I am unfamiliar with this case, but I came across his profile in NamUs...it states it was “modified” today (Aug 9)...unsure what has been updated.

I think he was just entered because every couple of days I searched and he wasn't in there. It says his profile was created 8/2 but it wasn't active until recently - I searched on Thursday 8/5 and it was not active and listed in search.

Really hoping for an update on Michael. It’s been way too quiet. :(

The Quiet (plus focus close to home) continues to suggest LE believe he met foul play or an accident close to home. No signs they are looking beyond the neighborhood.

They must have some reason to think he's still in the immediate area, right? But isn't it weird that they have said nothing about dogs catching his scent or him showing up on any of the 60 security videos they have? Why can't we find him???? I can't imagine he's still alive at this point, unless someone has him and is feeding him, etc. I wonder if they will find him in the winter when there's not so much plant growth/leaves/whatever.

Fruitland Mayor Brian Howell said the town would leave "no stone unturned" as he joined his neighbors for the search effort.

"I have never seen a police presence like this before," Police Chief J.D. Huff added.

"This whole community had come together and been absolutely incredible with their support," said Jennifer Hanna, Michael’s nanny. "His mommy needs him. His daddy needs him. Papa needs him. We just need him to come home."
Idaho community 'doing everything they can' to help search for 5-year-old boy still missing
*Oh, my heart stings from reading Michael’s nanny. I’m so pleased to someone closely related to his mom and dad speak out for Michael.

I still really think he has been taken by someone in the immediate area.

MOO
I soooo agree with you. I think LE is getting closer by the day. I think they’re playing “I spy with my little eye”. I think LE must have some good clues with all the coverage in Fruitland asking for tips and surveillance. It’s a waiting game now. I think they’re watching one or two people around the neighborhood. I hate to say it but there are some really sick people out there. It’s not always Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Sad fact…

I’ve been avoiding this thread because it hurts my heart so much, and have been patiently waiting for some sort of news or update with new information. After all of the missing children’s cases I’ve followed, I should know better than to expect a quick resolution, but the window is so short, and the area so small (comparatively) I had high hopes he’d have been located by now. I don’t know what to think, but my heart is broken for Monkey’s family and friends. Sending so much love to the entire community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper