ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote snipped by me.
Agree there could still be DNA found in the ground if he was buried but they moved him.

LE found it in another case that went to trial this year- someone remind me which case. (A college student murdered by another student and buried under his parents' deck for a long time, but they moved her before LE could search the yard.)
Kristin Smart?

Sadly, she sounds mentally ill and made the story up.
That's possible. But initial reports from LE were that there was another occupant of the home that told the same story.

Who was that? Her husband is incarcerated but I don't see any reason that he would confess to that.

There was reportedly a sometime roommate that stayed in the home too. But wouldn't they be arrested if they told that same story"? I don't get it.

That's possible. But initial reports from LE were that there was another occupant of the home that told the same story.

Who was that? Her husband is incarcerated but I don't see any reason that he would confess to that.

There was reportedly a sometime roommate that stayed in the home too. But wouldn't they be arrested if they told that same story"? I don't get it.

We don't really know what's been happening to him whilst he's inside and I'm sure due to his proximity to this crime that there's been people quite keen to get inside information or confessions.

This is the part I don't get. We don't know who it was that told LE, and we also don't know how they knew the information that they shared. Did it come from her? If yes, it's not very believable considering she sounds messed up but if no, then where, and why is no one else arrested? I guess I'm wondering, exactly how is this information considered credible?

I'm holding out hope this wasn't a wild goose chase. I keep telling myself, after 16 months- surely they vetted this information prior to the dig in the backyard and found it tied back to key pieces of undisclosed information in the investigation.

The delay could be forensic results and/or tying up loose ends of this piece of the investigation.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic ... we need a middle-ground opinion.
I'm holding out hope with you, hoping the delay is from them waiting for forensic results. I note post 729 above did state from a tweet, not a direct quote from Chief Huff however, I don't know how to quote that properly, sorry, bbm: Chief Huff just told me they finished digging up the backyard of the house they were searching for the remains of #MichaelVaughan. They have processed the entire yard and any evidence found inside of the house.

This is the part I don't get. We don't know who it was that told LE, and we also don't know how they knew the information that they shared. Did it come from her? If yes, it's not very believable considering she sounds messed up but if no, then where, and why is no one else arrested? I guess I'm wondering, exactly how is this information considered credible?

I hope we get answers to these questions or it's not looking good.

oh no, it sounds like they didn't find anything...now what?

Right. But the arrest was based upon the story the SW told about him being buried in the yard. If that is probably inaccurate, then will charges be dropped?

The arrest was not based on Sarah's story. Someone in the home and this is just my opinion, but I believe she has an 18 year old daughter, told LE. LE spoke to Stacey in jail then LE came to her house with a search warrant in hand.

Whatever this person told LE, they went to a judge and asked for a search warrant. The judge said yes. Judges just don't hand those out because someone said so.

@katydid23 I agree that they normally won’t wait that long for an update if remains were found. However, they will wait that long with other prices of evidence. If they found DNA to test, they could wait.

If they didn’t find DNA in the yard, I hope they checked the house well. I have seen so many cases where they had DNA evidence that they kept under wraps until trial.

I just sincerely hope for Monkey’s family that this process brings about answers. I can’t believe how little attention his case has gotten.

The are done searching the yard and home . But they took all the dirt to another location to sift through it that could still be going on. I think they are waiting for some sort of verification on something thus the wait for the press conference. Also Brandi has been through so much with not finding out info in the correct way I think this is smart of them . I’m friends with Brandi on another platform and they are going through such hell right now. Honestly I hope this was just a crazy story made up , sadly I don’t think so . I can’t see them arresting her and going through all this without something more solid. But for micheal if they found nothing there’s still hope he’s out there somewhere

My line of thinking is that she told the other person in the home, the story , they reported it and that is it, not that they witnessed anythng, so much additional pain for his family.

Is there a press conference today or did I make that up?

My line of thinking is that she told the other person in the home, the story , they reported it and that is it, not that they witnessed anythng, so much additional pain for his family.
I still don’t think they would have gotten a search warrant based on just that. Based on the news reports that someone contacted LE then LE talked to Sarah then Stacey makes it seem like whoever went to LE had more than Sarah’s word for it. At least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper