ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the messaging is changing. Speaking to a perp?

Continuing with the message of staying focused. Lots of agencies, including federal, helping. We aren't giving up? We will prevail? You're no match for us?

Referencing getting tips from all parts of the country. Some of the tips are "thoughtful", meaning that they are credible and helpful maybe? Someone has given us valuable information about you?

The communnity has been impressive and helpful. People are telling on you? The community isn't covering for you?

We ask residents to remain vigilant and observant. Keep your eyes on them? Keep informing us what they're doing?

There may be someone who hasn't talked to us yet. We know who you are? We're closing in? You can't escape?

Strong idea of the community and LE working together to find Michael.

Love it. Awesome interpretation of subtle wording.

Investigators this week are focused on details. This has included re-interviewing some people, “scrutinizing more pieces of video,” and asking more questions, according to the post.

‘Doing our best’ with updates
The agency states that while they understand people wanting updates everyday, that staff are “doing our best with regular, although perhaps not daily updates posted to this page.”

“Our public updates may not sound like ‘breaking news,’ but we hope they help members of our community understand our efforts continue,” reads the post.

According to the update, people have been asking Fruitland PD for details of the search or investigation, which will not be given out unless they believe it could help in the search.

“Again, our priority is to maintain the integrity of that search and to avoid releasing any information that could compromise or harm the search and any individual or set of individuals connected to it. If we have information that, if made public, could aid in the search, we will share it.”
free

I really hate when we get the feeling LE believes foul play is involved but then don’t see any arrests. For weeks, sometimes months. Or years.

I believe in a fair justice system, but my god you know how tortured we feel? The actual victims and families and witnesses feel it about a thousand times worse as they are displaced and unsure who to trust or if the perpetrator will stay jailed for years while waiting for cases. Excruciating.

I really hate when we get the feeling LE believes foul play is involved but then don’t see any arrests. For weeks, sometimes months. Or years.

I believe in a fair justice system, but my god you know how tortured we feel? The actual victims and families and witnesses feel it about a thousand times worse as they are displaced and unsure who to trust or if the perpetrator will stay jailed for years while waiting for cases. Excruciating.
Yes, it makes me feel so sorry for the siblings. I have seen other surviving siblings of missing or murdered children , who say they were haunted and frightened because they thought they might be next. That is just the way children think. It is so sad. :(

According to the IMSARU, canines can smell up to 10,000 times better than humans, which is extremely helpful in looking for missing people in hard places to reach or see.

"They have those special gifts at being able to detect sense in a particular direction as well as beyond what a human searcher would be able to detect, and that becomes really important when we are trying to focus our search efforts in a very specific and narrow area when time may be a sensitive issue," said Scotty Perkins public relations director for the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Unit. bbm
K-9's in search for missing five-year-old Michael Vaughan
*Narrow areas? Maybe areas such as irrigation ditches?
Maybe areas in Crestview Park

Crestview Park
Crestview is not officially listed as a public park, but Fruitland owns and maintains the property on SW 8th Street, which was developed as an open space during the construction of the adjacent Crestview subdivision. The park is surrounded by residential homes. It is located in a naturally occurring depression adjacent to a natural drainage and is used for park and public space. The property is long and narrow with shade trees flanking each side and open space in the middle.
https://www.fruitland.org/vertical/sites/{0D05ADA3-D512-48E7-8B13-DA20B51EAD7F}/uploads/Fruitland_ParksTrailsMasterPlan_07_2014_final.pdf

I can’t get my map to link but the topography around SW 8th and Whitley shows some narrow and steep areas close to the underpass.
ETA: *this area is eerily very familiar to the RSO address and 4 minute walking directions from Michael last known location I previously linked earlier up-thread.

Maybe Michael was trying to find the school for the playground. I wonder if mom ever took him there to play.
Google Maps

Last edited:
In an email to the newspaper Wednesday, Olsen said staff members will not openly discuss Michael’s disappearance in any classes, in an effort to prevent “undue anxiety or stress” in this situation which is beyond students’ control.

“If a student knows or brings up the situation then we will address it with the student,” wrote Olsen.

However, he said the school does plan to teach students the basics about staying safe while they are around other people.

“Our counselor does teach about Stranger Danger in each of the classrooms with a group of lessons. We intend to give support where support is needed with in house resources or get support outside if needed.”
Addressing stranger danger with Fruitland Elementary students

If authorities think that there are signs the perpetrator was a younger individual, then they are right to keep pressing the public to report any small detail that is bothering them. Because one thing about many of these sad cases - Madyson Middleton, Jessica Ridgway, Cash Gernon - was that often there were adults in the perpetrator's life who knew and recognized behavior patterns that were not right. Even if only after the murder, there were people close to these teens (usually a parent or parent figure) who developed suspicions and luckily had the courage, or were pressured by others, to report those feelings. Even those who didn't report, often show by their behavior that they knew or strongly suspected the involvement of their teen (as in the case of Tristyn Bailey).

Not all adult murderers have other adults close enough in their life to know what they are up to, but teen offenders often don't have as much experience, personal space, or access to resources to hide what they are up to as well as adult offenders can.

If authorities think that there are signs the perpetrator was a younger individual, then they are right to keep pressing the public to report any small detail that is bothering them. Because one thing about many of these sad cases - Madyson Middleton, Jessica Ridgway, Cash Gernon - was that often there were adults in the perpetrator's life who knew and recognized behavior patterns that were not right. Even if only after the murder, there were people close to these teens (usually a parent or parent figure) who developed suspicions and luckily had the courage, or were pressured by others, to report those feelings. Even those who didn't report, often show by their behavior that they knew or strongly suspected the involvement of their teen (as in the case of Tristyn Bailey).

Not all adult murderers have other adults close enough in their life to know what they are up to, but teen offenders often don't have as much experience, personal space, or access to resources to hide what they are up to as well as adult offenders can.
I couldn’t agree more. My thoughts also. Thanks so much for your common sense post. I didn’t know how to express it. Thank you.

I have seen other surviving siblings of missing or murdered children , who say they were haunted and frightened because they thought they might be next. That is just the way children think. It is so sad. :(

Plus, I think a lot of them grow up with "survivors guilt" and other issues surrounding the "why them, not me?"

Not to mention having to grow up in the shadow of traumatised parents.

I think being a surviving sibling must be very isolating and confusing, in addition to all the other isolation and confusion that comes with growing up.

I'm sure their relationship with their parents must suffer. They'd never want to upset or anger their parents or even ask normal questions for fear of triggering more devastating emotions.

Plus, these surviving siblings would probably be watched like a hawk and have various freedoms curtailed.

Just so, so, so difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member