DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodhound dog being used in Manwill search
01:01 PM MDT on Sunday, August 2, 2009
<snipped>
Sunday brings another day in the search for Robert Manwill, but still few new leads or answers.

Very few details came out of a noon news conference, but police did say the investigation continues to be an "hour by hour" search.

Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns stressed that members of the public should avoid buying into rumors - and instead stick to reliable media sources. He said the department is working to give the media updates in the case as they are available.

A bloodhound has been brought in from Indiana, courtesy of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The dog has been used in the search, but police would not detail how the animal was used.

The next news briefing is set for Tuesday afternoon at 2 p.m.

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0209-manwill_sunday.9fa6c04a.html

:angel:

On Roberts big brothers MySpace today it says: is glad that he is not news worthy....so press doesnt know who i am

How sad for an 18 year old to be going through this..He is looking at it from not being hounded by the media BUT he is worthy as he is also a victim. If he, as an adult doesnt feel worthy, imagine what little Robert felt like at the abuse his mother put him through at not being able to do anything but sit in a chair and listen to her say NO to everything he asked to do! :cry:

john's mom I was actually heading to take a shower & just couldn't walk by my PC without checking if Robert was found before I did so. I keep praying that today is the day that they find him.....each day that goes by evidence is being lost to put away the evil monsters who did something to him. It's hard to think that way, but in my heart I know he is no longer with us anymore. :cry:

I keep hoping that LE gets MJ or her BF to break & tell them where he is.....What did they do to this little boy that they are using blood hounds to search for him?

That tells me that they found blood evidence in the apt. & vehicles they impounded. I'm thinking that the detectives & FBI have them both questioning them, till one of them breaks & tell what in the world did they do to Robert.

Sorry if my post is a bit jumbled right now....speed typing dosen't work well for me.:wink:

:praying: that Robert is found today!

I am just sick about Robert's disappearance. Did anyone ever find out just who saw Robert last? I also think Robert was gone long before he was reported missing. He was probably disposed of way before the 911 call was made.

The moment I heard of this case, I thought the boyfriend and/or the so-called mother had done something to Robert. THEN, I read all about their past crimes.

I also find it very disturbing that it was said that Robert liked to hide in small places. Was he afraid of them? Was this a behavior he had exhibited with his real Dad? Somehow I do not think so. Children sometimes can just sense evil in an adult.

I pray that Robert will be located today. Something has got to give.

Bolded by me

LaLaw2000 - I believe the article also said he was inquisitive and likes to investigate. Ever since I read that---I've been trying to think in terms of why Melissa and Daniel would say such a statement...it's not like them. What if they put his body someplace to make it look like a young, inquiring mind lost his life being inquisitive while investigating a small space? I thought of caves, ducts, sewers, etc., I don't know the area but maybe someone else can think of how a death could be staged to look inquisitive. :mad: mho

Personally this thing has been wrong from the get-go. My feeling the minute I heard about it was bad. Why aren't they up at the dump going through that garbage they have had roped off for the last 4 days??? I mean if they are dumping all these man-hours in to this investigation they should get on it.
They need a psychic, and I used to know of a couple around here that were legit, a friend of mine used one years ago and they were dead on. The police used to use them for information but "disappeared" due to the police wanting them for other things that they didnt feel was neccesary. They didnt like the direction the police were going with what they were wanting them to do ....
But I'm sure there is one around here that would at least tell them where the body is located so they would have the evidence or at least some kind of closure. What have they got to lose?
This is a tradgedy and just another example of the state failing. My gut feeling too is that the mother and boyfriend are on dope. Meth. It just sounds like the typical senario around here. I could go on and on...this makes me sick to my stomach.
I think it's great that so many people have taken part in this. I would have had I not had to work, I cry everytime I read about it. I feel like more could be done. It's frustrating.

Police continue search in missing boy case
August 2, 2009 5:04 PM ET
<snipped>
Police searching for an 8-year-old boy who went missing nine days ago say they have no breaks in the case yet.

Robert Manwill reportedly disappeared July 24 after leaving his mother's apartment in Boise, where he was visiting. Deputy Chief Jim Kerns says evidence in the case indicated the boy could be hurt "or the victim of a tragic event."

Kerns told reporters Sunday that 315 leads have been phoned into a tipline. He says the investigation remains an "hour-by-hour effort."

He says search dogs are also being employed.

A day earlier, investigators combed a southwest Boise residence and closed off a section of a landfill.

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10834032
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
&#8216;America&#8217;s Most Wanted&#8217; features Robert Manwill case
August 2, 4:12 PM
<snipped>
On Saturday evening, Fox&#8217;s &#8216;America&#8217;s Most Wanted&#8217; featured the case of Robert Manwill, the 8-year-old boy who went missing while visiting his mother in Boise.

Robert disappeared at about 9:30 p.m. on Friday, July 24 and the search continues. Police have announced that he may have been the victim of tragic circumstances and factors surrounding his disappearance are &#8216;suspicious,&#8217; but have not elaborated on their findings.

The focus of the investigation has narrowed to a residence in southwest Boise, but the reasons why this home is being targeted by authorities have not been released.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...icas-Most-Wanted-features-Robert-Manwill-case
Video: Caller to Internet show claims police found blood in home of Robert Manwill&#8217;s mom
August 2, 4:24 PM
<snipped>
On Saturday, &#8216;Missing Persons TV&#8217; received a call from a woman named Stephanie, who claimed to be a former neighbor of Robert Manwill&#8217;s mother.

Although much of what is said is pure speculation, the caller claims to have seen the police taking evidence from the apartment, including cabinets, carpet, and other furniture.

She also claims investigators found &#8220;a lot of blood&#8221; in the apartment and on outside stairs.

Listen To The Interview Included In The Article!

Artricle:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...ce-found-blood-in-home-of-Robert-Manwills-mom
Police continue search for Robert Manwill
August 2, 2009
Updated 1 hour 55 minutes ago
<snipped>
BPD Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said the "Find Robert" help line has drawn more than 315 leads, with more coming in to findrobert@cityofboise.org and the mail address "Find Robert," Post Office Box 500, 83701.

Searchers have been looking for the boy since Friday when his family said he disappeared, possibly to a party at an unknown friend's house. On that day and since, search dogs and volunteers from the Vista neighborhood where Robert was last seen and all around Boise combined to look for the young boy. Volunteers came from as far as Caldwell, Nampa, Mountain Home, Meridian, Kuna, Cascade, Idaho City and Horseshoe Bend to lend hands in the search.

Along with all the leads, officials said some rumors have led to misinformation. Kerns said the police will continue to update the media on breaks in the case.

Robert's aunt Trish Burrill stood next to family members Sunday as she asked the community to keep Robert in their thoughts.

"We know that it is Sunday and you are all gathering with your families on this day. We ask that u remember there is an empty seat at our table. Please pray and continue to think about Robert so we may bring him home - that we may share him with you," she said.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-02-Police-continue-search-for-Robert-Manwill
Investigators still searching for Robert Manwill; scent dogs have been valuable tools, police say
Published: 08/02/09
<snipped>
"This is Day 9, and Robert is still missing," said Boise police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Sunday at the top of the department's press conference to update the community.

Robert Manwill was reported missing from his mother's apartment 10:11 p.m. July 24. Thousands of residents and hundreds of officers have been looking for him since. Kerns said finding the boy is the top priority of all law enforcement agencies in the Treasure Valley.

As usual, several members of the missing 8-year-old's family filed in behind police. Absent for the third day was his mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins and her boyfriend, Daniel Edward Ehrlick Jr., though police say they know where they are.

Kerns said officers are working on all credible leads and have received 315 through the helpline set up to find Robert. Police have received others online and by mail, he said.

Police have received help from Team Adam, a national search center for missing children made up of about 50 retired law enforcement officers. The team volunteers and provides expertise in computer forensics, investigations, and search and rescue, he said.

K-9 handler Miriam Perry, a Team Adam volunteer of Indiana, and her bloodhound, Mattie, have been instrumental in tracking and finding evidence that human searchers easily miss, Kerns said. Though he did not say what the evidence was or where they were using her, Mattie only seeks out the scent given her by her handler.

Deputy Police Chief Jim Kerns, at a Sunday police press conference, said scent dogs have been helpful to detectives in searching out evidence humans might overlook, but still there are no new developments in the case involving Robert Manwill, the 8-year-old boy missing since July 24.
864-0803_local_manwill1.standalone.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

UPDATED: See a photo gallery from the search for Robert Manwill: 55-Pictures
http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/848267.html

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/boise/story/853743.html

Personally this thing has been wrong from the get-go. My feeling the minute I heard about it was bad. Why aren't they up at the dump going through that garbage they have had roped off for the last 4 days??? I mean if they are dumping all these man-hours in to this investigation they should get on it.
This is a tradgedy and just another example of the state failing. My gut feeling too is that the mother and boyfriend are on dope. Meth. It just sounds like the typical senario around here. I could go on and on...this makes me sick to my stomach.
I think it's great that so many people have taken part in this. I would have had I not had to work, I cry everytime I read about it. I feel like more could be done. It's frustrating.

Snipped for space.....

Boisechick, Have you taken a look at our 'forensic astrology' thread here at Websleuths? These astros are fantastic, and though they don't see good news coming, you may want to take a look there.

Listening to Brian's Dreams stuff gives me a headache. The "caller" didn't make sense...I didn't listen to the end of the YouTube...did the caller explain why she knew all of this stuff when she doesn't live next door anymore?

ETA: It's difficult to be 100% logical and try and follow Brian's Dreams. JMOO

Listening to Brian's Dreams stuff gives me a headache. The "caller" didn't make sense...I didn't listen to the end of the YouTube...did the caller explain why she knew all of this stuff when she doesn't live next door anymore?

ETA: It's difficult to be 100% logical and try and follow Brian's Dreams. JMOO

BBM

I've been to his site only once and that was in Caylee's case. I backed out of there and have never been back, lol. I have nothing but disgust for people who are not genuine and are delving into a missing childs case.

Now, our WS forum is on the up and up and done with the charts and graphs. I doubt BD could even begin to do work of this quality. He is a quack, IMO.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/boise/story/853743.html

Police have received help from Team Adam, a national search center for missing children made up of about 50 retired law enforcement officers. The team volunteers and provides expertise in computer forensics, investigations, and search and rescue, he said.

K-9 handler Miriam Perry, a Team Adam volunteer of Indiana, and her bloodhound, Mattie, have been instrumental in tracking and finding evidence that human searchers easily miss, Kerns said. Though he did not say what the evidence was or where they were using her, Mattie only seeks out the scent given her by her handler.

They need a psychic, and I used to know of a couple around here that were legit, a friend of mine used one years ago and they were dead on. The police used to use them for information but "disappeared" due to the police wanting them for other things that they didnt feel was neccesary. They didnt like the direction the police were going with what they were wanting them to do ....
But I'm sure there is one around here that would at least tell them where the body is located so they would have the evidence or at least some kind of closure. What have they got to lose?

Welcome to WS'S Boisechick3770!

welcome005.gif

john's mom is right you really if you haven't yet, take a look at our amazingly talented astrolgers threads!

Here is the link to Robert's thread in the astrolgy forum!
Forensic Astrology - Robert Manwill 8 yr old missing 7/24/09 Boise, ID
Forensic Astrology - Robert Manwill 8 yr old missing 7/24/09 Boise, ID - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BBM

I've been to his site only once and that was in Caylee's case. I backed out of there and have never been back, lol. I have nothing but disgust for people who are not genuine and are delving into a missing childs case.

Now, our WS forum is on the up and up and done with the charts and graphs. I doubt BD could even begin to do work of this quality. He is a quack, IMO.

LaLaw2000 & Kimster ITA with you both about BD's site. They never ever could compare to all of our amazing sleuthers here at WS'S. I only posted the article since it was from the Examiner....otherwise I wouldn't have evn brought it to anyone's attention.

When I listened to I thought it was a bunch of bs that the caller stated in the audio. I'm sure you noticed I didn't even post a direct link to the YouTube video for it. I also know BD's is a site that is not permitted or is it a crediable site anyways.

I still felt the article should still be posted, so that whoever wanted to listen to could decide to on their own.
How could she know what LE found in the apt. & it dosen't take much to realize they found blood in the apt. All you have to do is listen to the news brief that LE had on Friday to figure that one out.
Common sense tells us that since they are using bloodhounds in the search. :yes:

WS's has the most logical & brilliant posters that no other forum can even compare to all of us here. JMHO

On another note, Oh how I wish I knew where LE has Melissa & her BF at. I wish I was a fly on the wall of the room where ever they maybe. Which I hope it is with the FBI being grilled non-stop. Too bad they can't hit their heads accidently on a table & get them to spill the truth for Robert's sake. Though they both are reminding me of KC....heartless :curses:!!

Sorry for the rant all, but with every minute that passes, with Robert not found the more :furious: I get!

:praying: that Robert is found today!

I am so frustrated . Has anyone here seen or heard anything in regards to a different time seen of Robert besides the Friday 24th the so called Mom is stating. I am trying to determine if Roberts dad may have talked to him on the phone or anyone else seeing him alive before Friday the 24th. I have been through about 45 articles so far and nothing. I really think Robert was hurt or disappeared 2 days prior to Friday.
I know that the Father of the BF stated he thought he saw him the day he dropped off money which I believe was Fridat as well but he was not sure. And the boy he saw had a white shirt on total contradiction to what has been put out...TIA

Another thing that I'm wondering about: There is a court case from 2007 where Melissa Scott Jenkins and Raymond Russell Sohm are the defendants and the plaintiff is the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. The case has to do with child custody and child support. The case opened 2/26/07 and closed 3/10/09. Wouldn't that indicate she has at least one other child with the co-defendant??? I'm confused...

I think that is for RayLynn, the one that Erlick, Jr isn't allowed to be around. She lives with her father.

Back from camping. First thing I did when I got home was catch up on Robert's case. I really had hope he would be found by now. I still have a lot of hope though. Robert was the topic of several conversations while camping. So heartbreaking. So glad that WS is on this case.

I called BS on these two on 7/28 and 11:00am after reading a couple of posts. Now, LE is exposing mom and her bf for what they are. They killed this child and hid his body, I have no doubt.

I am an adult and if I fractured the skull of another adult, I would be arrested and jailed. But, if fracture the skull of a baby, I can go home with a $75.50 fine. Way to go Idaho!

It is extremely appalling, but please don't group all of Idaho into that one horrible decision. Thanks. It happens everywhere unfortunately.

There is a court case for Baby Boy Ehrlick birth year 2005 in Ada County but of course the case is sealed. I don't know if this has anything to do with either Daniel Ehrlick or Melissa Jenkins, but it is certainly possible that this was their child - given the lack of a first name, it seems plausible this could be an adoption. If she was married to Frank Sieber and got pregnant with Ehrlick's baby, that might have been what precipitated their divorce in early 2006. It's unclear how long she has known Ehrlick and when they started dating.

Maybe a long shot but the thought just crossed my mind so I thought I'd toss it out there.

It was adoption. No link, I just know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member