ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
must be pretty decomposed if they need dental records to be sure????
hope mother took him regularly to dentist.
Investigation From home to found site.
Mother and boyfriend have a criminal past...........

must be pretty decomposed if they need dental records to be sure????
hope mother took him regularly to dentist.
Investigation From home to found site.
Mother and boyfriend have a criminal past...........

I'm sure his dad took him to the dentist.

HLN is talking about all of the case, good info.............

rental home, suburban bloodhounds, same news..........LE close to chest on everything........no new info

Dental records needed - would a body decompose that quickly in a body of water? Would depend on the water temperature I suppose and what other living things are in the Canal?

no questions? he was in hurry
I am seriously thinking that he (and LE) KNOW what the questions would be and are not ready to go there/give a thing away. I think they are dodging the questions session for a reason. I actually commend them for the way they have handled this. So sad about poor Robert. I hope justice comes swiftly.

What's the weather been like the last week in Idaho? Has it been hot or humid?

We are in the 90-100's with high humidity so it's hot and sticky! Decomp would be rapid in our area at this time. Just curious what it was like there.

Dental records needed - would a body decompose that quickly in a body of water? Would depend on the water temperature I suppose and what other living things are in the Canal?

I can't help you with the water temperature off the top of my head, but there are definitely fish in the water, as it's diverted from the Boise River. If he'd been in there more than a couple days, he could have definitely been nibbled at. Poor soul.

it hard to have a open mind, when we all seem that they tape off the apt and dug that guy yard up, plus taking in the Subran and the guy statement that it was stolen.
do we think we have another presser tonight

We are in the 90-100's with high humidity so it's hot and sticky! Decomp would be rapid in our area at this time. Just curious what it was like there.

Idaho is never humid - we're in the desert, so it's a very dry heat. It has been between in the mid-90s to 100s just about every day since it happened.

I'ts been hot...a hundred plus. As far as humidity, not so much...at least here in south central Idaho. That's why I like it here! :crazy:

I think it is due to the bloating and discoloration that a physical ID was not possible. They could not only be trying to save Robert's family the horror of seeing him like that, since a positive ID would not be possible and instead are using dental records.

Just my thoughts... but the dental records can do the job a lot quicker than dna.. And as for a visual id (sorry for being gross in advance) but facial features, etc, would not be possible in and of themselves. Funny though that Sandra Cantu's dental match came a lot sooner.. but we don't know where his records were, etc, to cause the holdup... not to mention if some teeth are missing, etc.

http://www.deathonline.net/decomposition/decomposition/index.htm

I found this very interesting website on decomposition... (warning... there are pictures)

. . . and another Little One leaves us. . . and many tears are shed but we can find peace in the fact that these little people are in a better place.

I pray for Robert's family - especially his older brother. May this young man have someone come into his life to help him through this difficult time. May he KNOW he was not responsible in any way.

UPDATE: Police: Identification of boy's body "beginning of an entirely new investigation"
August 4, 2009
Updated 1 minute ago
<snipped>
Deputy Chief Jim Kerns of the Boise Police Department offered little new information at an afternoon press conference.

Kerns said police have been notified of the tentative identification of the body found Monday as 8-year-old Robert Manwill. He said the public should not expect easy answers, cautioning against speculation.

"Finding Robert will not be the end, but just the beginning of an entirely new investigation. Our priority remains finding answers for Robert's family and this community," Kerns said. "Our system of justice demands that we focus on evidence. Our investigative experience tells us we can not jump to conclusions."

Kerns said Robert's family remains in close contact with police. He quickly departed after his brief statement without responding to questions from reporters.

"We ask that you continue to keep Robert, his family and the dedicated investigators in your thoughts. They very much appreciate your support," he concluded.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/news/?200...atively-identifies-body-as-missing-8-year-old

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member