ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which video? It opens today's family presser.

It's the 7/29 video. It's underneath the one that automatically loads. There is a whole row of them. You have to scroll over a couple.

Salem

God bless this family for handling this with grace and dignity. The myspace page is awesome. More pics to affirm our belief that he was an angel, a delightful little boy. I like the spokesperson aunt. Together. Now - re: the press conference today......Melissa has very shifty darting eyes. And moves around. Yes, it would be impossible for me to stand for any amount of time, but her darting eyes sealed it for me. What judge made the visitation order and what judge allowed the 18 month old back with them if that is true?? It's letter writing time. Big time. RIP Robert.

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/08/enough_is_enough_we_must_protect_kids_now_robert_manwill.php

Dr. Michelle Golland: We should all be disgusted with our nation's lack of funding for the basic care and safety of our most precious and vulnerable natural resource: our children. When I read that the family of 8-year-old Robert Manwill, the boy whose body was just found floating in a canal near his mother's home, has open cases of child abuse, I was outraged.

(bbm) ITA, I beg to differ w Ghandi, the greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the treatment of it's children.

:parrot:

Oh yeah...up to their eyelids in it. Watch the mouth action going on with Melissa, definitely wanting this whole thing to be over, and then watch the stomachs of her and bf, lots of breathing going on there.
ITA SailorMoon I especially noticed the BF squeezes Melissa's hand and shakes it, and how he was twitching around when the volunteer's were mentioned. What a Shame! RIP Precious Robert. Nobody will ever hurt you again.
Shame on Idaho's DCF System Again for Failing this INNOCENT CHILD!:eek:

I read Robert's myspace page, it's so heart felt. He was a little man filled with joy.
Rest in the arms of angels, and not far from God's sight.

I think MJ looked medicated in the family presser tonight. I hope it was prescribed.

I just have to say, God bless people (or should I say angels on earth) like Gina Guzzetta-Dalrymple for the goodness in their hearts. I think showers and thunderstorms are expected again tonight in Boise; and temperatures in the 50s. I admire those who are trying to protect Robert's shrine. I pray everyone stays safe.

Gina Guzzetta-Dalrymple spent the night in a tent on Shoshone Street, keeping an eye on Robert Manwill's stuffed animal shrine near his mother's apartment in Oak Park Village.

And with other neighbors, she covered the sidewalk memorial with tarps, protecting it from the storm.

"Because if it got all demolished, the Ronald McDonald house couldn't use the stuffed animals," she said. "That's where they're going, and if they got all moldy and demolished, they have to be thrown away."

Source

Normcar21,

It's a television commercial for clorox. Haven't you ever seen it?

Some people can go to his memorial and leave teddy bears, flowers and notes. Is that foolish? I can't go to Boise, so here I leave some music and pirates and horses, that my grandson loves. My grandson who is a lot like Robert. It's about little boy's and their imaginations, and things that they love.

Not so foolish to me.

I apologized to you in PM and now apologize to you, Ivan, in public. I got all "clorexed" out and missed your beautiful point. I was rebuked by people I respect very much in WS, such as Kimster, a very wise gal.

Your videos are now understood, and very precious to the reminder of Robert's beautiful spirit, to me, and all of us. Thank you for sharing your creativity Ivan!

What I'd like to know ...in that video clip where they are asking for volunteers...I think it's the last one the mother and the b/f attended... why did the mother go up at the end and pull the aunt back? What was that supposed to signify? That the guilt was getting to her so much she couldnt listen to it anymore? Yeah...her and that b/f were moving all over the place. He's a big boy isnt he?? And I swear I saw a bruise on his forearm...could've been a shadow I suppose. But the stroking of his thumb on hers and certain words throughout the clip made them both breathe hard and she looked like she was going to start bauling a few times, but it was more like because she was afraid they were getting closer to getting busted...or found out. Creepy creepy.
What a couple of monsters...really. RIP Robert. How sad is that? I wish they would wrap this up...I know the evidence has to be processed but I think they have more than enough to make an arrest don't you? I don't think the killer(S) should be at the memorial this weekend. They should be sitting in ada county waiting to go to court for murder.

Robert's MySpace page is truly beautiful. While reading it, I had a huge smile on my face, with tears streaming down my cheeks at the same time. He was just a precious little boy, full of love and life. Rest in peace, Robert. You are missed by many.

Seeing all the pictures on MySpace just makes this whole thing all the more unfathomable - how on earth could anyone physically harm, much less murder, that adorable little boy? I just can't help but think about how he suffered at the mercy of someone he knew, and maybe even someone he loved, bless his little heart. Rest in peace, dear Robert.

Oh yeah...up to their eyelids in it. Watch the mouth action going on with Melissa, definitely wanting this whole thing to be over, and then watch the stomachs of her and bf, lots of breathing going on there.

That was interesting wasn't it? MJ definitely seems scared and grieving. A long time ago I learned appropriate responses don't mean much, because it's hard to tell what a perp is upset over. Are they upset over the victim or of getting caught and facing the consequences?

And the BF seems cold but nervous.

http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5481283&item_index=1&all=1&sort=NULL

note comment about mother and bf nervous looks and how mother grabs sister off mic when sister asks for more help in search..........

that's just really weird how MJ grabs her sister at the end - it looks like she said something to her - very very odd indeed.

and the BF does look nervous - he seems fidgety and like he's not really paying attention to what is being said.

Stick to facts when explaining tragedy to young children
As the Treasure Valley mourns Robert Manwill, parents can take the opportunity to reinforce a message of safety.
Published: 08/07/09
<snipped>
The disappearance and death of 8-year-old Robert Manwill has been top of mind for many Boise-area families who have struggled to explain to their own children the details of what happened and why.

With details still emerging in the case, parents are challenged to stick to the facts and not allow their own fears to confuse or terrorize their children.

"We have to tell our kids the facts about the case, not about the dangers of the boogeyman as it regards Robert - at least not now - since we don't know if one was involved," said Barbara Miller Johncox of Boise, who has two sons, 12 and 8 years old, and a 3-year-old daughter. "We do need to talk about canal safety. (Tuesday) night when we saw Robert's picture on the news, I said, 'That little boy was found in a canal, and he was dead. And it's so sad that he is gone, because a lot of people loved him a lot.' They were quiet and thoughtful, and made a connection for themselves."

It's OK to tell your children 'We don't know what happened,' " according to Young.

And use this as an opportunity to reinforce a message of safety, Young said.

"My message to our kids is simple, direct and heartfelt: 'Never, never, never play in a canal,' " Johncox said. "I've talked with them about where the water comes from, the farms and pastures it travels through and all the bacteria, feces, broken bottles and dangerous things the water picks up along the way. It is like putting your body inside the hole of an outhouse. I've talked about how rapidly the water flows, and at times unexpectedly so, and how it is extremely hard to get out of one given the steep embankments."

Parents should be mindful of a child's age and level of comprehension when addressing questions or discussing facts.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/858540.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All are invited to honor Boise boy Robert Manwill
Published: 08/07/09
<snipped>
FAMILY SAYS THANKS
On Thursday, the parents and extended family of Robert Manwill singled out for appreciation police officers, the people who found the 8-year-old's body and the thousands who helped in the search. "We want to thank our community family for everything they have done for our family and for Robert," said Trish Burrill, Robert's aunt.

PUBLIC SERVICES SET
- Candlelight vigil, 8 p.m. Friday, near the corner of Shoshone Street and Cherry Lane, Boise.

- Racing dedicated to Robert, Meridian Speedway, Saturday, 335 S. Main St. in Meridian. Gates open at 4 p.m. and racing begins at 6:30 p.m.

- Funeral services, 2 p.m. Sunday, Cloverdale Funeral Home, 1200 N. Cloverdale Road, Boise.

NATION'S EYES ON BOISE
The glare of the national media shined on Boise during the week-and-a-half search for Robert, with shows such as CNN's "Nancy Grace" discussing the case nightly. The response? One e-mailer from Indiana wrote the Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau after the 2,300-volunteer search to commend the community for its response.

Video: Robert Manwill's family press conference
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5481283&item_in dex=1&all=1&sort=NULL

Sign a guestbook for Robert Manwill
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/idahostatesman/obituary.aspx?n=robert-grant-manwill&pid=131021531

Read our Robert Manwill coverage
http://www.idahostatesman.com/robertmanwill/

UPDATED PHOTO GALLERY: See images from the search for Robert Manwill
http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/848267.html

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/858539.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Family offers thanks
August 7, 2009
Updated 1 hour 50 minutes ago
<snipped>
During a Thursday news conference at Boise City Hall West, Robert's aunt Trish Burrill singled out those who found the boy's body and notified authorities. She said the family wanted to meet those people.

The family has set up a MySpace page about the boy.

According to the site, Robert was a happy boy who loved to give hugs and dance to music on his MP3 player. Robert loved movies, especially comedies and slapstick humor. He loved cartoons, Transformers, Garfield and Harry Potter books. He thrived on reading, the Web site says, and was always at 150 to 200 percent of his reading goal at his school, New Plymouth Elementary.

"Robert's favorite thing to do was laugh," according to the site, which features numerous family photos of Robert enjoying birthday parties, Easter and Halloween ... Robert loved to meet new people and make new friends ... He loved life and people so much that he would run up to strangers and give them hugs. Although Robert did have a temper, most of the time he was the most happy and loving person that one will ever meet."

Trish Burrill, aunt of Robert Manwill, speaks emotionally on behalf of the slain boy&#8217;s family during a press conference on Thursday evening at the Boise Police Department.
10353_medium.jpg

Robert Manwill MySpace photo
10355_medium.jpg

Robert Manwill
10354_medium.jpg

More Photo Galleries
http://idahopress.mycapture.com/

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/news/?2009-08-07-Family-offers-thanks

:angel:

Just wanted to note a new update on Robert's older brother's MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/kenmanwill). I have edited it to make it appropriate to post.

"has to survive the trials of life and continue to live...even if it hurts so *advertiser censored***** badly and I wish that i had my baby brother back...."

Hey I4G, Haven't seen ya around in a while :) I was looking at this MS, and it looks like we do have some facts off (as if they the media isn't confusing us already). This was posted on his big bro's MS acct, and he went by Robby :blowkiss:, and was last seen wearing a BROWN shirt instead of blue or white. Not like it makes a difference, but its the first time I have heard him referred to as Robby :(

BBM
AMBER ALERT !!!!- Looking for 8 year old Robby Manwill in the Boise / Meridian Idaho area. Last seen Friday night around 9:30 walking on 2800 block of Cherry Ln. in Meridian. 4'11" 50lbs with Brown hair and Brown eyes..last seen wearing black jeans and Black shoes and a brown shirt that says " Andy don't need no mic " on the back. If whereabouts known please contact Ada County Sheriffs office.

Found on MS link in I4G's post above

NATION'S EYES ON BOISE

The glare of the national media shined on Boise during the week-and-a-half search for Robert, with shows such as CNN's "Nancy Grace" discussing the case nightly. The response? One e-mailer from Indiana wrote the Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau after the 2,300-volunteer search to commend the community for its response.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/858539.html

I had sent an email to the Mayor so perhaps others did also and the reporter is only aware of those sent to the Bureau. Boise folks, young and old, came together in the thousands to find Robert, they should be proud of their strong show of love and commitment to this child. Perhaps if any of you are inclined, you might send an email of support to this fine city. I only have the 2 email addresses below. The Mayor did reply to my email with a cc to Kris Haustveit. Don't know who he is however.

RIP sweet little man Robert.

"Mayor Bieter" <Mayor@cityofboise.org>

"Kris Haustveit" <KHaustveit@cityofboise.org>

To me it looks like MJ is just putting her hand on her sister's back-kind of a thank you pat for saying what she did. JMO

What I'd like to know ...in that video clip where they are asking for volunteers...I think it's the last one the mother and the b/f attended... why did the mother go up at the end and pull the aunt back? What was that supposed to signify? That the guilt was getting to her so much she couldnt listen to it anymore? Yeah...her and that b/f were moving all over the place. He's a big boy isnt he?? And I swear I saw a bruise on his forearm...could've been a shadow I suppose. But the stroking of his thumb on hers and certain words throughout the clip made them both breath hard and she looked like she was going to start bauling a few times, but it was more like because she was afraid they were getting closer to getting busted...or found out. Creepy creepy.
What a couple of monsters...really. RIP Robert. How sad is that? I wish they would wrap this up...I know the evidence has to be processed but I think they have more than enough to make an arrest don't you? I don't think the killer(S) should be at the memorial this weekend. They should be sitting in ada county waiting to go to court for murder.

Another thing I noticed (Im pretty sure it was this video being discussed) is that the boyfriend had on sunglasses. I know that often times people do keep on sunglasses if they have been crying, but I found it odd that he was the only one who had sunglasses on INSIDE a building. The eyes tell a lot about if a person is hiding something or not. I would imagine his eyes were screaming guilt and he knew that. I suspect the FBI or some other highly trained experts are going over these clips studying all the body language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela