GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he was buried @ that place, where they dug up in the back yard. I forget the guys name.
That was the guy with the SUV who said it had been stolen around 7/22 and then it was found after Robert was reported missing. K9s hit on the SUV for Robert's scent. IIRC, he knows the b/f, DE. :waitasec: MOO

I'm behind, but based on the indictment, I think there's been a confession.

Is there an exact date of death for little Robert? (I'm having trouble keeping up and processing the info.)

It's neither here nor there, but when Erhlick Sr. went to the apt to drop off the money for bills, I would swear he said he saw a boy that "looked like Robert". It didn't sound like he was even sure it was Robert? Did anyone see Robert (aside from the little girl who could have been mistaken) on the day he was reported missing?

Sorry for the questions, my fury is on overdrive right now.

Is there an exact date of death for little Robert? (I'm having trouble keeping up and processing the info.)

It's neither here nor there, but when Erhlick Sr. went to the apt to drop off the money for bills, I would swear he said he saw a boy that "looked like Robert". It didn't sound like he was even sure it was Robert? Did anyone see Robert (aside from the little girl who could have been mistaken) on the day he was reported missing?

Sorry for the questions, my fury is on overdrive right now.
From what I have heard today, they're still saying the only person who saw him on 7/24 was the little girl, who might be mistaken. That's why I was curious if there was other evidence (other than the dogs hitting on it for Robert's scent) found on EW's SUV which "disappeared" on 7/22. MOO

From what I have heard today, they're still saying the only person who saw him on 7/24 was the little girl, who might be mistaken. That's why I was curious if there was other evidence (other than the dogs hitting on it for Robert's scent) found on EW's SUV which "disappeared" on 7/22. MOO

Thanks panthera. I watched the recently posted newscast and LE specifically seemed to ask for information for the week before Robert was reported missing. (And Ehrlick Sr. didn't seem positive he saw Robert, IIRC.) And as you mention, the SUV that disappeared on the 22nd, combined with the dog's hit on it, really make me wonder. The act of brutality and murder of a sweet little innocent boy is bad enough, but the wonder of how long they may have hid Robert, is really making me angry and sick.

Thanks panthera. I watched the recently posted newscast and LE specifically seemed to ask for information for the week before Robert was reported missing. (And Ehrlick Sr. didn't seem positive he saw Robert, IIRC.) And as you mention, the SUV that disappeared on the 22nd, combined with the dog's hit on it, really make me wonder. The act of brutality and murder of a sweet little innocent boy is bad enough, but the wonder of how long they may have hid Robert, is really making me angry and sick.
That plus the range of dates from June 9 to July 24. It's very possible that he died days before they reported him "missing". :furious: MOO

"Issues" with JVM is on HLN now talking about Robert.

Guests already predicting her defense will be that she was terrified of DE.

Curtis Sliwa is livid about the judge who allowed the long visitation and allowing the baby with the fractured skull back living with them.

Can someone please explain to me what is to be gained or what the child is supposed to learn by being forced to sit on his hands?

I'm behind, but based on the indictment, I think there's been a confession.

I agree with you. I believe she has spilled the beans. But if they go lightly on her I think I will ....................

I believe the article said that they don't know if they will be tried together or not.....that to me says plea.......

Can someone please explain to me what is to be gained or what the child is supposed to learn by being forced to sit on his hands?

I've seen parents use this method when their children are touching everything in sight, an example would be at the dinner table before dinner was set down, the child would be into the pepper shaker, dumping the sugar, etc...

I guess it seemed like a measure to stop fidgeting.

Maybe if a child was a "hitter", a parent might resort to having them sit with their hands beneath them for a little bit.

Never really tried it as a method of discipline, I don't know if it's effective.

JVM is showing video of the defendants walking around in their "find Robert" t-shirts and saying now the community will really feel betrayed.

I agree with you. I believe she has spilled the beans. But if they go lightly on her I think I will ....................

I believe the article said that they don't know if they will be tried together or not.....that to me says plea.......
Oh I sure hope she doesn't make a plea deal that would allow her to ever get out of prison. :mad: MOO

That plus the range of dates from June 9 to July 24. It's very possible that he died days before they reported him "missing". :furious: MOO

I don't know why Ehrlick Senior's "it looked like Robert" bothered me, but I found it strange. I'm not implying he had anything to do with this situation, it just seemed like he was unable to make a "for sure" statement as to whether or not he saw Robert when he dropped off the money. (Sorry for babbling.)

Then my mind goes to thinking that maybe Robert was able to leave marks on them and they waited until their wounds healed before they reported him missing. God I wish he could have gouged their eyeballs out. (Sorry for being so graphic.)

I don't know why Ehrlick Senior's "it looked like Robert" bothered me, but I found it strange. I'm not implying he had anything to do with this situation, it just seemed like he was unable to make a "for sure" statement as to whether or not he saw Robert when he dropped off the money. (Sorry for babbling.)

Then my mind goes to thinking that maybe Robert was able to leave marks on them and they waited until their wounds healed before they reported him missing. God I wish he could have gouged their eyeballs out. (Sorry for being so graphic.)
As for when he was reported missing, I think it had to do with time running out before Robert was supposed to be returned to his dad and they had to come up with something. Yes, I'll agree, too bad he didn't leave some lasting scars on them, at least. MOO

As for when he was reported missing, I think it had to do with time running out before Robert was supposed to be returned to his dad and they had to come up with something. Yes, I'll agree, too bad he didn't leave some lasting scars on them, at least. MOO

That sounds like a reasonable theory. Do we know when Robert was supposed to return home with his dad?

UPDATE: Mother's Boyfriend Accused of Torturing, Killing Boise Boy
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 08:12 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 19, 2009 05:59 PM EDT
<snipped>
Melissa Jenkins, 30, and her live-in boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, Jr., 36, were arraigned in a Boise courtroom Wednesday morning on first-degree murder charges. They are the suspects in the disappearance and death of Jenkins's 8-year-old son, Robert Manwill.

Tuesday night, Boise Police announced they arrested the couple in connection to the murder of the young boy. Ehrlick is also charged with failing to report a death, while Jenkins is also charged with accessory to failing to report a death.

An Ada County grand jury indicted the pair. They were officially charged Wednesday morning.

In the indictment, Ehrlick was accused of torturing and beating the young boy repeatedly over time. In the end, blunt forced trauma to the head and stomach caused internal bleeding, bruising and swelling in the brain that eventually led to the child's death. It is alleged Ehrlick used his hands, knees and fists to beat Robert.

Court documents said Jenkins did not try to protect her son from the physical and mental abuse, and that she hid his bruises from those who could help adding she failed to get medical attention for the boy despite escalating physical violence by Ehrlick.

The judge read the indictment out loud because Jenkins is illiterate.

"Where Melissa Scott Jenkins the mother of Robert Manwill..." recited the judge, "did knowingly and intentionally leave Robert Manwill in custody of Daniel Ehrlick, knowing he was continuing to inflict repeated acts of physical violence..."

Ehrlick is being held with no bond; Jenkins is being held on a $2 million bond. Their next court appearance is September 1 when they're expected to enter a plea.

putting up posters and helping in the search. The FBI even aided.

During news conferences, Jenkins and Ehrlick stood right beside the Boise Police Department at the podium wearing "Find Robert" t-shirts.

But Tuesday night, Deputy Chief Jim Kerns stood alone during the latest news conference. Kearns said no other case has touched the people of Boise like Robert's case. They asked anyone with information about what Ehrlick and Jenkins did during the week leading up to July 24 to contact police.

Jenkins did not have custody of Robert but had visitation rights. Robert's father, Charles Manwill, of New Plymouth, divorced from Jenkins and had custody of their child.

The Associated Press reported that Jenkins also has a 2 1/2-year-old daughter. Her father has custody.

Ehrlick is banned from being alone with the girl, according to the AP, but court documents don't say why.

Criminal Past
Melissa Jenkins had her 9-month-old son taken from her and placed in the custody of the Idaho Department of Welfare. The baby had suffered a fractured skull at the hands of Jenkins.

Police said on October 19, 2008, she had hit her baby on a hard surface. She entered a guilty plea of misdemeanor injury to a child.

She claimed she was burping the boy and accidentally hit his head on a table. But the prosecution argued there had to be a great deal of force for the damage made to the infant's head concluding it was no accident.

The young victim's father, Daniel Ehrlick, also has a criminal record. He was in and out of prison from 1992 to 2002 for grand theft, burglary, batter and possession of drug paraphernalia.

VIDEO: Mother's Boyfriend Accused Of Beating To Death Boise Boy 3:10
http://www.localnews8.com/global/vi...rmat=flv&clipId1=4056168&at1=News&h1=Mother's Boyfriend Accused of Beating to Death Boise Boy&flvUri=

VIDEO: Suspects Arrested In Death Of Robert Manwill 1:00
http://www.localnews8.com/global/vi...rmat=flv&clipId1=4055795&at1=News&h1=Suspects Arrested In Death of Robert Manwill&flvUri=

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/global/story.asp?s=10952585

:angel:

How would she have penned the letter read at Robert's funeral if she were illiterate? But, I guess that would shed light on the origin of 'frolicking.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member