GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely believe now that she was mistaken or it wasn't even Robert. Like I just said in a previous post, how could this little boy be "playing" that evening when he had been literally tortured inside that apartment? And I wouldn't think DE would allow him out of sight for fear of Robert telling somebody. The only possibility I can think of is he did sneak out, got caught by DE and subsequently murdered ~ if he was even alive that evening. MOO

is it possible that during interviews w/ MJ or DE or others, that it was stated by someone that yes, DE had hit him in the past blah blah and now that they have the evidence that he murdered him, they are including it all as a way to show his murder as a culmination of prolonged, progressively worse abuse?

that or as you say, the little girl could have been mistaken. i thought it said she was around eight, correct? if they interviewed her that night, i would not think that she was mistaken. ?? who knows, i'm just glad they are in custody!!

ETA: by the first part of my post i mean he could have been abused prior to that night, but not enough to make him unable to go outside or what have you. not being very articulate today!

They're talking about Robert on HLN right now. Lots of questions being asked about WHY this mother was allowed to have such a long visitation. The reporter from Idaho said he's not sure what the indictment means as far as the dates since it's still uncertain what exact date Robert went to stay with the mother, maybe it was June 9.

is it possible that during interviews w/ MJ or DE or others, that it was stated by someone that yes, DE had hit him in the past blah blah and now that they have the evidence that he murdered him, they are including it all as a way to show his murder as a culmination of prolonged, progressively worse abuse?

that or as you say, the little girl could have been mistaken. i thought it said she was around eight, correct? if they interviewed her that night, i would not think that she was mistaken. ?? who knows, i'm just glad they are in custody!!
I hadn't thought of combining prior abuse into the current charges, but you might have the answer! They just said on HLN (again) that the little girl is around 7 y/o, her parents believed her, but it seems she is the only witness to seeing him on 7/24. They also said that some other neighbor there saw him with two "heavy set people" around the pool/jacuzzi at some point ~ not sure what date. MOO

They're talking about Robert on HLN right now. Lots of questions being asked about WHY this mother was allowed to have such a long visitation. The reporter from Idaho said he's not sure what the indictment means as far as the dates since it's still uncertain what exact date Robert went to stay with the mother, maybe it was June 9.
Right, and JVM is going to cover the case also, she sounded furious that Robert was even there. I am furious too! Idaho DCF let Robert down. I will keep repeating that til my heart is content, which it won't be until they do their job, and protect these innocent babies from THE EVIL MONSTERS!
Sorry panther just jumped off your post and had to vent.:blowkiss:

HLN also showing video of the two defendants in court today and the mother is sitting at the table with her lawyer seemingly READING (probably the charges against her). Her lawyer is sitting next to her but he doesn't seem to be saying anything. So is she illiterate or not? :waitasec:

Right, and JVM is going to cover the case also, she sounded furious that Robert was even there. I am furious too! Idaho DCF let Robert down. I will keep repeating that til my heart is content, which it won't be until they do their job, and protect these innocent babies from THE EVIL MONSTERS!
Go right ahead and vent my friend!!! I am extremely angry also! :furious:

has it been shown that they (DCF) knew he was even there? i mean the dad let him go over there, would he have had to notify people that he was allowing this? i'm not defending DCF and/or the court system, i don't think after she was convicted of fracturing her infants skull she should even have been walking the streets, she should have been in prison. if i fractured joe schmoe's head in a bar fight, bet your butt i would be in jail. but with Robert, did they know? i'm sorry if this has been previously discussed, i try to keep up, but will be the first to admit that it's very hard, i don't get too much time on the boards...:blowkiss:

HLN also showing video of the two defendants in court today and the mother is sitting at the table with her lawyer seemingly READING (probably the charges against her). Her lawyer is sitting next to her but he doesn't seem to be saying anything. So is she illiterate or not? :waitasec:

ugh, she makes me puke. she's full of you know what. wah, i'm so dumb and weak there was nothing i could do to stop him...i can see it coming. save it dirtbag.

Did you read count 2 on DE???

It says that DE on/or between July 24th day of July 2009 and the 3rd of August 2009 in the County of Ada, did, have custody of the body of Robert Manwill....and with the intent to prevent discovery of the manner of death.......!!!!! :eek: :shakehead:

I have to re-read MJ's to see if she has this same count too!

:angel:

Sounds like Robert was moved to the canal after being kept somewhere else.

yes i wonder how that will play out...it could just mean that's when they found his body and have no idea when he was placed in the canal. i highly doubt that DE hid the body til the 3rd, dumped him, and then he was found that same day, but who knows with these things.

i hate to say dumped about this poor baby, but that is what they did to him, treated him like trash...:furious:

I'm still wondering if LE found any more evidence on the "stolen" SUV other than the dogs hitting on it. :waitasec: MOO

Latest developments in the Robert Manwill investigation

THE CHARGES
An Ada County grand jury on Tuesday indicted Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30, and Daniel Ehrlick Jr., 36, on charges of first-degree murder. Both also are charged with failing to report a death. Police provided no details about the evidence they have.

MAXIMUM PENALTY
In Idaho, first-degree murder is punishable by up to life in prison or death.

MASSIVE PUBLIC EFFORT
Local, state and federal agencies logged 9,000 man-hours in the search and investigation after Robert was reported missing July 24, Deputy Boise Chief Jim Kerns said. Thousands of people volunteered in the 10-day search: "Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people," Kerns said. Robert's body was found Aug. 3 in the New York Canal near Kuna.

WHAT'S NEXT
Ehrlick Jr. and Jenkins' arraignment is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Police asked the public for information about the pair's activities in the week before Robert was reported missing.

ONE FATHER'S REACTION
Daniel Ehrlick Sr. said he can't imagine his son would hurt anyone and only wanted the perpetrators found.

ROBERT MANWILL: 2001 - 2009
Robert loved Spider-Man, Harry Potter and the color green. He loved to dance to Alvin and the Chipmunks and country music. Born in Boise, he lived most recently with his dad, Charles Manwill, in New Plymouth. At New Plymouth Elementary School, where he finished second grade in June, he was known as an eager learner and an affectionate "hugger."

Found at this link:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/869934.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Court Documents: Robert Tortured and Killed
Updated: Aug 19, 2009 07:10 PM EDT
<snipped>
Court documents are shedding new light on how prosecutors say Robert Manwill was killed.

Robert's mother Melissa Jenkins and her boyfriend Daniel Ehrlick, Jr. appeared in court Wednesday morning on first degree murder charges. They also both face a charge of failure to report a death to police.

Court documents show Erhlick tortured and murdered Robert Manwill.

Those same documents indicate the 8-year-old Robert repeatedly suffered hits to the head and abdomen.

Police say both Jenkins and Erhlick knew young Robert was hurt and never sought medical attention, but rather hid his body and never reported it to the police...

The charges could send them to prison for life or they could get the death penalty. Prosecutors say they want to make that determination as soon as possible.

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/global/story.asp?s=10952524
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIDEO: Daniel Ehrlick and Melissa Jenkins Arraignment for Murder of Robert Manwill (Unedited) 17:06
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/vi...Format=flv&clipId1=4056494&at1=News&h1=Daniel Ehrlick and Melissa Jenkins Arraignment for Murder of Robert Manwill (Unedited)&flvUri=

In those pictures in the Statesman his eyes are all a mess he looks like he has been balling like the coward he is. Beating a child makes him a coward in my book! Her eyes look like she hasn't shed a tear.

And he is staring at her in many of the pictures. Probably trying to beg her not to rat him out! COWARD!

I'm thinking that it may be possible panthera....When it got to where the judge was going to read DE's his lawyer asked that it not be read & said he is capable of reading it. Something like that! The judge did not read DE's out loud....I was wondering why hers was read out loud he wavied it to not be read.

Watch the raw video from the hearing to check this part out. Maybe she can't read, & legally than all of the indictment has to be read out loud than.

Does anyone who knows legal rules for this answer this? TIA

In those pictures in the Statesman his eyes are all a mess he looks like he has been balling like the coward he is. Beating a child makes him a coward in my book! Her eyes look like she hasn't shed a tear.

And he is staring at her in many of the pictures. Probably trying to beg her not to rat him out! COWARD!
I honestly can't stand to look at either of them too long ~ they give me chills!

has it been shown that they (DCF) knew he was even there? i mean the dad let him go over there, would he have had to notify people that he was allowing this? i'm not defending DCF and/or the court system, i don't think after she was convicted of fracturing her infants skull she should even have been walking the streets, she should have been in prison. if i fractured joe schmoe's head in a bar fight, bet your butt i would be in jail. but with Robert, did they know? i'm sorry if this has been previously discussed, i try to keep up, but will be the first to admit that it's very hard, i don't get too much time on the boards...:blowkiss:
That's okay joga. iirc Jennifer had crawled through DCF's hoops to regain custody of her child back, and I am assuming that she was entitled to the visitation that she had. (Probably by a Judge in divorce documents) I am not really sure, but in my mind she should have been sent away the first time she injured a child, and never been permitted to be around another alone. I feel like a broken record. It's just my very strong opinion.

I'm thinking that it may be possible panthera....When it got to where the judge was going to read DE's his lawyer asked that it not be read & said he is capable of reading it. Something like that! The judge did not read DE's out loud....I was wondering why hers was read out loud he wavied it to not be read.

Watch the raw video from the hearing to check this part out. Maybe she can't read, & legally than all of the indictment has to be read out loud than.

Does anyone who knows legal rules for this answer this? TIA

I just saw the video again of her sitting at the table (HLN repeats itself) and this time I noticed her finger following down the side of the page as she's reading it. So whatever, it seems she can read. I haven't seen the raw video of the actual arraignment yet. Also, he might not want his read aloud in court due to the horrific nature of the charges against him. Another thing, is this one lawyer representing both of them? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member