GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, possibly as far back as June 9th? When is the last time someone saw this kid????

O.k., so how long was Robert staying there? Did we ever get confirmation for sure? The summer or just the weekend? I think that they maybe want information on the actions, etc. of Melissa and Daniel since June 9th, because Robert was probably being beaten by Daniel since then. ???

I wish Robert would've been able to have reached out to someone and tell them or someone would've noticed something wrong, anything. :( He was probably so scared.

Daniel beat Robert with his head, hands, fists and/or feet (and I may have missed something there). Just his little punching bag, wasn't he.

UPDATED: Indictment: Daniel Erhlick Jr. tortured and beat Robert Manwill to death
Published: 08/19/09
<snipped>
Eight-year-old Robert Manwill was killed by Daniel Erhlick Jr., who tortured and beat him to death while Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins, hid her son from government authorities who might have helped him.

So says an Ada County grand jury indictment unsealed Wednesday morning in 4th District Court.

Ehrlick Jr., 36, inflicted repeated acts of blunt-force trauma to the abdomen and/or the head of Manwill with his hands, knees, fists and/or feet and/or by other means of physical force, physical abuse or emotional abuse, according to the indictment. The beatings caused bruises, abdominal bleeding and injuries and head injuries that prompted Manwill's death on or about July 24.

The indictment alleges that Ehrlick Jr. intentionally tortured Manwill "with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance or to satisfy some sadistic inclination by inflicting on Robert G. Manwill extreme or prolonged acts of brutality with the intent to cause suffering."

Jenkins, 30, a mother of three, had knowledge of the beatings and repeatedly hid her son from authorities and others who might have intervened. She also failed in her duty to seek medical attention for her son's injuries, despite knowing Manwill "was being subjected to escalating physical violence&#8221; by Erhlick, according to the indictment.

Neither entered a plea and are expected to do so on Sept. 1.

An Ada County grand jury on Tuesday indicted Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr. on charges of first-degree murder. Both also are charged with failing to report a death. Police have provided no details about the evidence they have.

In Idaho, first-degree murder is punishable by up to life in prison or death.

Local, state and federal agencies logged 9,000 hours in the search and investigation after Robert was reported missing July 24, Deputy Boise Chief Jim Kerns said. Thousands of people volunteered in the 10-day search: &#8220;Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,&#8221; Kerns said Tuesday. Robert&#8217;s body was found Aug. 3 in the New York Canal near Kuna.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Police asked the public for information about the pair&#8217;s activities in the week before Robert was reported missing.

Read Melissa Jenkins' indictment for first-degree murder
http://media.idahostatesman.com/sme...9_jenkins_indict.source.prod_affiliate.36.pdf

Read Daniel Erhlick Jr.'s indictment for first-degree murder
http://media.idahostatesman.com/sme...9_ehrlick_indict.source.prod_affiliate.36.pdf

Daniel Ehrlick Jr. enters an Ada County Courtroom in Boise Wednesday morning. Ehrlick and his girlfriend, Melissa Scott Jenkins, were arrested the day before on first-degree murder charges in the death of Jenkins' 8-year-old son Robert Manwill.
60-0819_online_ehrlick.embedded.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/870337.html

:angel:

I've been wondering the same thing. In light of the arrests and how thorough the article on the background of these people is, you would think they'd have dug that up. I wonder if death records are PR in Idaho.

All of the records I can find related to the 2005 baby are sealed.
Hopefully some reporter will do some real digging and find out what that was all about.

UPDATE: Grand Jury says mom, boyfriend tortured Manwill
09:56 AM MDT on Wednesday, August 19, 2009
<snipped>
Police say they know who is responsible for killing Robert Manwill: his mother and her boyfriend.

Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30 and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36 were taken into custody Tuesday afternoon &#8211; both are charged with first-degree murder. Ehrlick is also charged with failure to report a death to law enforcement, while Jenkins is charged as an accessory for failing to report Manwill&#8217;s death to law enforcement.

Manwill&#8217;s body was found in a Kuna canal on August 10th. Police said the boy was a victim of homicide and vowed to find his killer.

The indictment handed down by an Ada County Grand Jury accuses that the pair "tortured and murdered Manwill by inflicting extreme or prolonged pain with intent to cause suffering or to satisfy some sadistic inclination by inflicting repeated acts of blunt force trauma or abdomen and/or head with his hands, knees, fists and/or feet."

The indictment also accuses Ehrlick and Jenkins of lying to police about the events surrounding Manwill's death

The boy was reported missing to police on July 24th. The community quickly responded, with posters featuring the boy&#8217;s face popping up all over town, and volunteers spending spare time searching for the child.

During an arraignment Wednesday morning, Jenkins appeared tearful and could be heard sniffling.

Judge Deborah Bail asked both Jenkins and Ehrlick wether they intended to plead guilty or not-guilty. The judge outlined the rights and loss of rights tied to each choice.

Pleas were not entered in the case, instead being delayed until September 1st so that the newly appointed attorney in the case could get up to speed.

Both defendants could face the death penalty in the case, though Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower said a decision has not been made to that end. His office has 60 days to make that decision.

"We have assigned a veteran team of prosecutors to this case," Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower said.

The prosecutor said it was not yet clear if the pair would be tried together or separately.

Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns asked for the public&#8217;s additional help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th.

Kerns did not take questions at the news briefing, which did not give the media a chance to ask follow up questions that may better illustrate particulars of the case &#8211; including why they believe Ehrlick and Jenkins are responsible.

&#8220;Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,&#8221; Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Tuesday night.

The case started to rapidly change on Thursday July 30th. That night, police began searching the Jenkins' Boise Bench apartment, removing materials from the home, including cabinets, computers and more. Police also towed a vehicle from the complex.

The pair has now been indicted by an Ada County grand jury, and are being booked into the Ada County Jail on the charges. Ehrlick will be held without bond, while Jenkins will be held on a $2 million bond.

Ehrlick and Jenkins appeared behind Kerns at each news conference until the day after Jenkins&#8217; home was searched. Ehrlick has not been seen in public since. Jenkins was at the boy&#8217;s funeral and at a news event the day her son&#8217;s body was identified.

Jenkins has a past criminal history that involves hurting children.

On October 19, 2008 police said a baby boy had been injured. Jenkins was arrested and charged with felony injury to a child. The child suffered serious head injuries and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The child was taken into the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

Court documents say Jenkins hit her 9-month-old son's head on a surface. The infant suffered a fractured skull that caused not only physical pain, but mental suffering as well.

Since the boy&#8217;s disappearance and before his arrest, Ehrlick had been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments, according to family.

Kerns said the investigation into Manwill&#8217;s death continues &#8211; and says if anyone has information that may help them, to call Boise Police Dispatch at 377-6790.

L_IMAGE.1223cc986ef.93.88.fa.d0.f6f477ed.jpg

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug1809-manwill.f33b6dd1.html

Anger in Boise Over Mother's Arrest
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 01:29 AM EDT
Updated: Aug 19, 2009 11:14 AM EDT
<snipped>
When Aimee Cole and other people who live in the Oak Park Village Apartments heard that their former neighbors, Melissa Jenkins and Daniel Ehrlick, were arrested for killing Jenkins 8-year-old son Robert Manwill, emotions immediately ran high.

"The anger set in, I started shaking," said Cole. "I just want to hold my kids tonight."

Many of the couples former neighbors say they are not shocked by the news, because they had suspected Jenkins and Ehrlick all along.

"I kind of had a feeling that they were involved with it, just a gut feeling," said Cole.

Now that this tragedy is one step closer to being over, the residents of Oak Park Village can try to get their lives back to normal.

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/global/story.asp?s=10953589

Robert - I am so, so sorry you had such monsters in your life. The angels will protect you now and you are safe forevermore. Rest in peace Sweet Baby.

Salem

Indictment states Robert Manwill was tortured, beaten to death
Updated 4 minutes ago
<snipped>
Robert Manwill's mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, and boyfriend Daniel Ehrlick appeared in Ada County court this morning on charges of the boy's murder.

Fourth District Judge Deborah Bail read a grand jury indictment, which stated they tortured and killed the 8-year-old boy, inflicting abdominal beatings and possible brain injury.

In addition to the murder charge, Ehrlick also faces a charge of failing to report a death to law enforcement. Jenkins also faces a charge of accessory to that crime.

The couple did not enter a plea on the charges. They are expected to enter a plea at their next court appearance at 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 1.

Check back for updates.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-19-Indictment-states-Robert-Manwill-was-tortured-beaten-to-death

aug1909-manwill-newser_4_9504-t240.jpg

*NOTE: I posted the Video from court arraignment today for those who missed it!

UPDATED: Grand Jury says mom, boyfriend tortured Robert Manwill
10:16 AM MDT on Wednesday, August 19, 2009
<snipped>
Police say they know who is responsible for killing Robert Manwill: his mother and her boyfriend.

Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30 and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36 were taken into custody Tuesday afternoon &#8211; both are charged with first-degree murder. Ehrlick is also charged with failure to report a death to law enforcement, while Jenkins is charged as an accessory for failing to report Manwill&#8217;s death to law enforcement.

Manwill&#8217;s body was found in a Kuna canal on August 10th. Police said the boy was a victim of homicide and vowed to find his killer.

The indictment handed down by an Ada County Grand Jury accuses that the pair "tortured and murdered Manwill by inflicting extreme or prolonged pain with intent to cause suffering or to satisfy some sadistic inclination by inflicting repeated acts of blunt force trauma or abdomen and/or head with his hands, knees, fists and/or feet."

The indictment also accuses Ehrlick and Jenkins of lying to police about the events surrounding Manwill's death.

The boy was reported missing to police on July 24th. The community quickly responded, with posters featuring the boy&#8217;s face popping up all over town, and volunteers spending spare time searching for the child.

an arraignment Wednesday morning, Jenkins appeared tearful and could be heard sniffling.

Judge Deborah Bail asked both Jenkins and Ehrlick wether they intended to plead guilty or not-guilty. The judge outlined the rights and loss of rights tied to each choice.

Pleas were not entered in the case, instead being delayed until September 1st so that the newly appointed attorney in the case could get up to speed.

Both defendants could face the death penalty in the case, though Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower said a decision has not been made to that end. His office has 60 days to make that decision.

"We have assigned a veteran team of prosecutors to this case," Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower said.

The prosecutor said it was not yet clear if the pair would be tried together or separately.

Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns asked for the public&#8217;s additional help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th.

Kerns did not take questions at the news briefing, which did not give the media a chance to ask follow up questions that may better illustrate particulars of the case &#8211; including why they believe Ehrlick and Jenkins are responsible.

&#8220;Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,&#8221; Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Tuesday night.

The case started to rapidly change on Thursday July 30th. That night, police began searching the Jenkins' Boise Bench apartment, removing materials from the home, including cabinets, computers and more. Police also towed a vehicle from the complex.

The pair has now been indicted by an Ada County grand jury, and are being booked into the Ada County Jail on the charges. Ehrlick will be held without bond, while Jenkins will be held on a $2 million bond.

Ehrlick and Jenkins appeared behind Kerns at each news conference until the day after Jenkins&#8217; home was searched. Ehrlick has not been seen in public since. Jenkins was at the boy&#8217;s funeral and at a news event the day her son&#8217;s body was identified.

Jenkins has a past criminal history that involves hurting children.

On October 19, 2008 police said a baby boy had been injured. Jenkins was arrested and charged with felony injury to a child. The child suffered serious head injuries and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The child was taken into the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

Court documents say Jenkins hit her 9-month-old son's head on a surface. The infant suffered a fractured skull that caused not only physical pain, but mental suffering as well.

Since the boy&#8217;s disappearance and before his arrest, Ehrlick had been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments, according to family.

Kerns said the investigation into Manwill&#8217;s death continues &#8211; and says if anyone has information that may help them, to call Boise Police Dispatch at 377-6790.

Boise Mayor Dave Bieter issued a statement reacting to the charges Tuesday night.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy, can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill," Bieter said.

aug1909-manwill-newser_4_9504-t240.jpg

VIDEO: UNCUT: Judge reads indictment
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=390500

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug1809-manwill.f33b6dd1.html

He's sniffling & crying for himself...he makes me sick to my stomach...

Don't they all AWC? IMHO every time we see them crying in court, they are only crying for themselves because they got caught...It is never remorse...ever.

I was just stopping by to see what developments there might be in this case and boy was I pleasantly surprised! Way to go BPD! Poor, poor Robert! It is too bad he was not able to tell his Dad he what was going on at his "mother's" apartment! Poor little guy.....

There must be a reason why he dosen't (DE) his charges read out loud....What the h*** did he do to Robert...:furious:

Angel, I watched the uncut video that has been posted. What do you mean by 'doesnt want his charges read aloud'? I didn't see that part on the video, and I'm confused.

Thanks!

Wasn't online yesterday but very glad arrested the 2. I wonder if Robert wore jeans and long sleeves all the time, if he was allowed to swim, because someone would see the bruises. Poor Robert was not only DE's punching bag but I'm betting he was his slave too, get me this, do that...poor Robert. But as I say way too often in these cases as they become more frequent........DE and MJ won't be around another child and allowed or able to hurt another. That's a small joy.

Read Melissa Jenkins' indictment for first-degree murder
http://media.idahostatesman.com/sme...9_jenkins_indict.source.prod_affiliate.36.pdf

John's mom this below is what they didn't read in court, but they read MJ's outloud!

Read Daniel Erhlick Jr.'s indictment for first-degree murder
http://media.idahostatesman.com/sme...9_ehrlick_indict.source.prod_affiliate.36.pdf

Daniel Ehrlick Jr. enters an Ada County Courtroom in Boise Wednesday morning. Ehrlick and his girlfriend, Melissa Scott Jenkins, were arrested the day before on first-degree murder charges in the death of Jenkins' 8-year-old son Robert Manwill.
60-0819_online_ehrlick.embedded.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

Just added this to an updated article!

"...The indictment alleges that Ehrlick Jr. intentionally tortured Manwill "with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance or to satisfy some sadistic inclination by inflicting on Robert G. Manwill extreme or prolonged acts of brutality with the intent to cause suffering."

Jenkins, 30, a mother of three, had knowledge of the beatings and repeatedly hid her son from authorities and others who might have intervened. She also failed in her duty to seek medical attention for her son's injuries, despite knowing Manwill "was being subjected to escalating physical violence&#8221; by Erhlick, according to the indictment." Idaho Stateman.

This makes me so sick!! "..had knowledge of the beatings..." !!! What kind of she is. She tried to cover it up because her own past child abuse conviction would have put her in jail. What a selfish narcissistic monster. She put her own preservation above her child's. That's not a mother at all. She used everyone she could, too. And, on top of that her slimeball trash sister aided her in this sicko psycho coverup!
"repeatedly..." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!
A normal mother would defend her child to the death at the first sign of abuse. A normal mom would have removed her child from the situation at the get go and at least taken Robert back to his dad's house. She had so many positive choices to ensure Robert was safe, but NO. She had to cover up to avoid losing Aidan again, too. But no. She chose to let the poor little kid suffer over and over and didn't bother to seek any medical attention! What made her want to cover for Danny so much that she'd commit such a horrendous crime against her own child?
Folks on KBOI radio are calling in blaming the media for polluting the jury pool here in Ada Co. WhatEVER! You'd have to live in Kuna Caves to not have heard so much as a whisper about this case. Change of Venue? FINE. Other counties will have no trouble finding a fair and impartial jury and find them guilty if the facts support the findings beyond reasonable doubt. Some are talking like a Lynch Mob. It's a good thing both are in jail. My guess is they're both in max and deadlock as that's what most jails do on murder charges. They'll be lucky to have a magazine or toilet paper for many days.
I'm too upset right now. I'm going to go hug and cuddle my little grandkids.

According to this article the little 7 year girl was probably the last one to see Robert. They didn't name her here, but read what I underlined!!!

Prosecutors: Mother, boyfriend tortured boy before killing him
Story Created: Aug 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:15 AM MDT
<snipped>
Court documents are alleging that Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend tortured the 8-year-old boy under sadistic circumstances before murdering him in July.
"Daniel Ehrlick...did unlawfully and with the intentional application of torture, kill and murder Robert G. Manwill, a human being, by intentionally inflicting upon...extreme or prolonged pain with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance, or to satisfy some sadistic inclination and or by inflicting upon extreme or prolonged acts of brutality...," court documents say.

The documents go on to allege that Robert's mother, Melissa Jenkins, 30, "inflicted repeated acts of blunt force trauma to the abdomen and or head of Robert Manwill with his hands, knees, fists and or feet and by other means of physical force, physical and or emotional abuse which caused bruising, pain, abdominal bleeding and injuries..."

Jenkins and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, were arrested and indicted by an Ada County grand jury Tuesday with the murder charges of Robert Manwill. Ehrlick, 36, was also indicted for failing to report a death to law enforcement while Jenkins was charged as an accessory for failing to report her son's death to law enforcement.

The 8-year-old boy was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of Friday July 24.

"The arrests are a major step in the investigation," said Jim Kerns, Boise Police deputy chief. "But the investigation of Robert Manwill's death is still very much ongoing."

Police did not elaborate as to why they arrested the two.

Some residents at the Oak Ridge apartments say they are hurt and angry at the latest developments. Some have spent hours planning vigils and supporting Robert's mother.

"We ended up giving our hearts and everything toward her (Melissa Jenkins) as a mother," said Kandi Davidson, an Oak Ridge resident. "She came up to my kids and was all cuddly and played innocent and come to find out that she had something to do with it. It's pretty disturbing."

Dave Bieter, Boise mayor, made the following statement about the case:

"I commend the Boise Police Department for conducting a diligent, organized and thorough investigation that has successfully resulted in charges being filed against two individuals," Bieter said.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens -- who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy -- can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill."

Detectives are asking anyone with any information on Robert or the suspects, Ehrlick and Jenkins particularly their activities the week leading up to Robert's reported disappearance July 24 is urged to contact Boise Police detectives through Crime Stoppers at 208-343-COPS.

Melissa Jenkins and Daniel Ehrlick appear in Ada County court Wednesday morning.

090819_suspects_court1.jpg

VIDEO: Prosecutors: Mother, boyfriend tortured boy before killing him
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/53619927.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/53619927.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATED: Indictment states couple beat, tortured Robert Manwill
Updated 57 minutes ago
<snipped>
A grand jury indictment paints a graphic picture of the death of 8-year-old Robert Manwill and the alleged roles his mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, played.

Fourth District Judge Deborah Bail read aloud the grand jury indictment this morning in Ada County court. The document states Ehrlick brutally beat Manwill using his hands, feet, knees or fists over a prolonged period of time. The beating caused abdominal injuries and head injuries, including brain swelling and internal bleeding from which Manwill died.

The indictment also states that Ehrlick intended either to commit aggravated battery or intended to torture and kill Manwill. Jenkins aided and abetted in the beating, according to the indictment.

In addition to the first degree murder charges, Ehrlick and Jenkins also face charges for failing to report Manwill's death to police.

The couple did not enter a plea on the charges. They are expected to enter a plea at their next court appearance at 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 1.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/sports/?2...s-Robert-Manwill-was-tortured-beaten-to-death

OMG how vulgar these two people are I'm sick! Jail is too good for these monsters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member