GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else read the sob story in the Statesman this morning, about how Melissa has been looking for the unconditional love she felt as a child? Makes me sick. Where was HER unconditional love for her children?

The part about her looking for unconditional love made me cry. Not for her, for the little people she gave birth to. Children do love unconditionally. She abused and murdered the only people who were born on this earth with unconditional love for her.

Answers to some of the community's questions about the Robert Manwill case
Though family members, police, prosecutors and state officials aren't talking, here are some answers to the questions the community is asking.
Published: 08/20/09
<snipped>
When did Robert Manwill die?
The indictments say Robert was killed "on or about" that day. Sonnenberg would not say whether the child was dead before he was left in the canal where his body was found.

Where is Charles Manwill?
Manwill - known as "Chuck" - is on leave from his job with the Idaho National Guard, according to Guard spokesman Tim Marsano.

Why was Robert visiting his mother when she didn't have full custody?
Robert Manwill visited his mother for seven weeks each summer, in addition to certain weekends and holidays, according to a 2008 custody agreement between his parents.

How are family members reacting to Ehrlick's and Jenkins' arrest and indictment?
Daniel Ehrlick Sr. said he will no longer speak to his son.

If what the indictment says is true, what explains the psychology of two people who grieved publicly, asked for help and attended searches and vigils while knowing the truth?
If what the indictment says is true, what explains the psychology of two people who grieved publicly, asked for help and attended searches and vigils while knowing the truth?

Who testified against Ehrlick and Jenkins in front of the grand jury?
Prosecutors called 10 witnesses against Ehrlick..........
Just two people were called to testify against Jenkins: a staff member of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare and a member of the Boise Police Department.

Will Ada County prosecutors seek the death penalty for either Ehrlick or Jenkins?
They have 60 days to decide, and Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower said much of the decision will depend on what kind of mitigating evidence defense attorneys provide to prosecutors as they swap discovery on the case.

Could an Ada County jury spare the life of a child killer?
It happened in 2004 when a jury spared the life of Ignacio Sanchez, despite evidence that he beat a 2-year-old girl in his care over a period of two weeks, causing her death in December 2003.

Who is the lead prosecutor?
Ada County Deputy Prosecutor Jill Longhurst

Who is representing Ehrlick and Jenkins?
Both said in court Monday they could not afford private counsel, so they will be represented by attorneys with the Ada County public defender's office.

Is it possible for an impartial jury to be selected in Ada County for a case so well-known?
That depends on whom you talk to.

How can the community channel the energy this case has created to better the lives of Idaho children?
Nicole Sirak, director of the Court Appointed Special Advocate program, said representatives from several local child welfare organizations - including Health and Welfare, St. Luke's Prenatal Care, and Idaho Voices for Children - met Tuesday to talk about new ways they might come together to create a community "web" around Idaho children.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/871178.html

:angel:

Weren't these pictures taken at the canal where Robert was found on August 3rd? I think the news story said they were taken the night of the 3rd or 4th.
The 1st picture, to me, looks like hands and forearms turned upward, with the lightning underneath them.
The 9th picture is the same picture with a wider view. Above the upturned forearms, higher up in the clouds, it almost looks like the outline of part of a face, (chin and mouth).

It gave me chills when I saw them after they found Robert.
Sorrow, Anger, Wrath from Heaven at the canal.

Glen Hush took the 1st 9 pictures.

http://www.ktvb.com/perl/common/slid...22&nextimage=8

I didn't know that was when they were taken....OH YEAH, the heavens opened up that night and raged for what this child had to suffer. Just look at power and intensity and in those lightening bolts, I've never seen anything like this, a display of that magnitude, and I live in Florida, the lightening capital of the world. Reminds me of the way the skies stormed over Calvary on Good Friday, it's like God lit up Boise and said "What have you done ?":furious:

When I see all those pictures of Melissa crying at the pressers and the vigil and the funeral, knowing what happened, I have to say, for whom do you cry? It can't be for your child, you had over a month to do something to stop it, and you didn't. You contributed, so what, you feel guilty NOW? The hypocrisy and deceit heaped on the public when it is now alleged Robert was subjected to abuses of escalating intensity over a period of time, and you did not protect him? Afraid you might get in more trouble? Afraid the state would not allow you visitation? Did you think this was a better solution? Was there not one family member, neighbor, friend, law enforcement agency, battered women's shelter that could have stepped in and stopped this? You and your boyfriend concocted this "disappearance" story because Robert would soon be returning to his father's home, and the jig would be up. You chose to kill your son, and try and dispose of his body, rather than face the consequences of having his father find out his son was beaten and turn you in. This is beyond sad, it is wicked and evil. Those tears were for yourself. You are now the most hated woman in America, and justly deserved.

Finally an indictment! Justice for Robert. I am happy that this case is moving forward but my heart is heavy knowing that this child suffered in such a way and noone was there to protect him. How on earth has our world come to hurting children like this? How? Are we that uncivilized. Where is the human conscious?

Notice that in these terrible situations there is one biological parent with a loser boyfriend/girlfriend usually with no job... some slacker that lays around and watches the kid while the bio parent goes to work to support the loser. The way custody/visitation is awarded needs to be overhauled. My grandson's mother has three children with three different men. My son never married her and according to Minn law he has "no rights" where his son is concerned. He has been told this more than once by social services. The state of Minn though will garnish his wages, take away his drivers license and put him in jail for nonpayment of child support. Yet if the mother doesn't let him see his son there is nothing he can do. She has a loser boyfriend (right now he is in jail for aggravated robbery). I have called social services several times because I think the boyfriend was selling drugs... another loser that doesn't work. I was told there is nothing social services will do UNTIL my grandson has an injury caused by the boyfriend. For my son to go to court and get court-ordered visitation or try to get full-time custody would cost him $500 which he does not have. I do not have $500. We cannot afford a lawyer. My grandson (8yo) wants to live with me or his father but the mother won't let him. Why would she - she gets child support, food stamps, heat assistance, etc. based on how many people are in the house (five with the three kids and loser boyfriend). Another thing is she has to do absolutely nothing but wait and the court system will increase the child support amount every three years. It does not matter how much she earns, does not matter that the loser boyfriend does not work. The bio father is told by the courts to get a job - the mother is not told that, any boyfriend she has is not told that. The other biological parent in all these cases should have the exact same rights when it comes to their child. They should be held 50% responsible for the child's care. I believe there should be NO child support payments but payments directly to daycare, clinic, food vouchers, clothing, etc.

As an aside, my son does pay child support and cannot afford his own house, nor does he qualify for rental assistance, food stamps, heat assistance because those programs are based on gross pay and not what he actually takes home.

The traditional family with two parents is the safest place for children. The bio parent's boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't give a rat's azz about the kid. I believe (most) men don't like other men's kids when they are losers like DE. In Robert's case since the mom had a loser boyfriend and a shady history that should have been sufficient for Robert's father to say NO UNSUPERVISED VISITATION. PERIOD. END OF STORY for Melissa.

I cannot imagine the emotional torture, grief and guilt that Charles Manwill is going through right now. This man has lost 2 children to murder at the hands of their biological mothers.
Charles Manwill must now step up and take up the cause of changing the way child service agencies and the courts handle mentally ill or abusive parents and custody/visitation. The way that Polly Klaas's father or Adam Walsh's father have become national spokesmen for Missing and Abused Children. Charles Manwill must do this for Robert and his other son. The only good thing to come out of this is, Melissa and boyfriend have so enraged the community and the country, that people are wanting answers and accountability for officials that allowed this obvious oversight of allowing Robert alone with these murderers. And there are hundreds more like him in the same situation right now.

I cannot imagine the emotional torture, grief and guilt that Charles Manwill is going through right now. This man has lost 2 children to murder at the hands of their biological mothers.
Charles Manwill must now step up and take up the cause of changing the way child service agencies and the courts handle mentally ill or abusive parents and custody/visitation. The way that Polly Klaas's father or Adam Walsh's father have become national spokesmen for Missing and Abused Children. Charles Manwill must do this for Robert and his other son. The only good thing to come out of this is, Melissa and boyfriend have so enraged the community and the country, that people are wanting answers and accountability for officials that allowed this obvious oversight of allowing Robert alone with these murderers. And there are hundreds more like him in the same situation right now.
My bold
I can't even begin to imagine what CM is going through, I know how I feel and it's not good, I am crying as I write this, knowing what Robert endured has cut to the bone, and it could have been prevented. I hope the Public is OUTRAGED in Idaho, especially where DCF is concerned. I am in Ohio, and my voice doesn't count when I am so far away, if I was there I'd probably be locked up, because I'd be at DCF voicing my opinion, and they aren't pretty:furious: The only comfort I can find in this case is knowing that my Sweet Friend viki that joind him in Heaven Aug. 11, 2009, is holding him, and giving him the LOVE that he was longing for.

I was told there is nothing social services will do UNTIL my grandson has an injury caused by the boyfriend.

miimaa, your whole post is important, but this line screamed out to me. It scares me to death for all children that SS or CPS can't do anything until after injury is caused by the boyfriend. It's a little late AFTER a child has been hurt. :furious:

(miimaa, my heart is with you and know that I'm not spouting off toward you, just the system that is unjust toward your grandson and so many others.)

My bold
I can't even begin to imagine what CM is going through, I know how I feel and it's not good, I am crying as I write this, knowing what Robert endured has cut to the bone, and it could have been prevented. I hope the Public is OUTRAGED in Idaho, especially where DCF is concerned. I am in Ohio, and my voice doesn't count when I am so far away, if I was there I'd probably be locked up, because I'd be at DCF voicing my opinion, and they aren't pretty:furious: The only comfort I can find in this case is knowing that my Sweet Friend viki that joind him in Heaven Aug. 11, 2009, is holding him, and giving him the LOVE that he was longing for.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. The thought that she is in heaven with Robert and so many of "our children" is a comfort. :blowkiss:

Please kyles_nana, keep your voice going, it might not seem like it helps in Idaho, but all our smaller voices from outside Idaho will surely be heard if we keep at it. Each of our states is full of children who need protection and we can all make a difference.

My prayers are with Robert's father, it's so horrible to think he's been through this type of situation twice. :( I'm praying that MJ's other two children are now safe with 2 less monsters in their lives.

Ligature (sp?) marks on his ankles and rocks in his pockets.

I am going to be sick...

Where did you hear this? Did I miss this? You know, I had this fear all day yesterday that we haven't heard it all, and it was going to get worse (if that's even possible)

Okay, my thoughts for today....MJ always has the same sour, "me?" look on her face. DE reminds me so much of the man who murdered poor lil Marcus Feisel a few years ago.

And with renting and lease laws being so strict, how did either of them qualify/get approved for the apartment with their criminal background? She may have.....but I wonder if DE was listed on the lease??

DE's dad seems to be the only person with any decency, he'll never speak to his again he was quoted as saying. Spokesperson Trish has no comment.

My head still hurts when I come here..I may have to detach. I did email our local CASA office today...the director has been trying to get me to do it for years. She was the Head Start Coordinator when my oldest (yeah, my 8-year-old) went. Perhaps I can focus this anger I feel into something positive for a hurting child.

Loved the "vigilante" posts. If I were more of a BAMF, I might be inclined to join the lynching mob. :)

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/871178.htmlhttp://www.idahostatesman.com/101/index.html
Will Ada County prosecutors seek the death penalty for either Ehrlick or Jenkins?
They have 60 days to decide......It's the prosecutor's job to determine whether the aggravating factors exist for a jury to sentence someone to death, like if the killing was heinously cruel, the defendant has a propensity to commit murder, or the killer showed an utter disregard for human life.

Well I'd say these two defendants have met the above requirements.

Watching the arraignment, DE Jr looks up quickly and stares at the judge briefly as she states that MJ knew of physical bruising and did not elect to seek help.

Okay, my thoughts for today....MJ always has the same sour, "me?" look on her face. DE reminds me so much of the man who murdered poor lil Marcus Feisel a few years ago.

And with renting and lease laws being so strict, how did either of them qualify/get approved for the apartment with their criminal background? She may have.....but I wonder if DE was listed on the lease??

DE's dad seems to be the only person with any decency, he'll never speak to his again he was quoted as saying. Spokesperson Trish has no comment.
Ironically, even with the criminal background he might have more easily rented the apartment than if he had a low/poor credit score. I'm not sure whose name was on the lease though, maybe both hers and his or just hers. MOO

Folks, I have to say, Robert's death is not going unnoticed. All the news boards are exploding with comments expressing people's outrage over what happened. Robert's death may be the straw that broke the camel's back with these child murderers.

Everyone is screaming for stronger laws, for swift, harsh, and brutal punishment for parents who kill or allow their children to be killed. Robert may be helping the thousands of kids who are not being investigated or followed through on, those who it's the court's call to make, and now they may be more cautious. He is making a lot of people take action, pay attention to the signs. I think Robert's hugging was all about his trying to gain the love he didn't get at home. To endure the torture and all he wanted was to be loved. If this doesn't get people motivated to change things, nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth