Found Deceased ID - William 'Bo' Kirk, 41, Post Falls, 22 Oct 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
POST FALLS — Whenever there was a call for help, William "Bo" Kirk was at the forefront.

Kirk, who was missing since Saturday night, was identified Wednesday as the person whose body was found Tuesday near the Hayden Creek Shooting Range, northeast of Hayden Lake, in the Coeur d'Alene National Forest.
"He was very involved in our Hope Committee that helps out in the community," said Rick Rasmussen, CEO of Northwest Specialty Hospital in Post Falls, where Kirk worked and was last seen before he went missing.
"We're certain that this death was caused by a different person and we're investigating this as a homicide, but we can't get into the details of why," Kootenai County Sheriff Ben Wolfinger said.

The autopsy was performed Wednesday afternoon.
"The body was found dumped off at the side of a road," Post Falls police Chief Scot Haug said. "He still had his work badge on."
"We believe (the suspect) is somebody who knows the area well," said Rasmussen, referring to the remote location.

After Kirk's body was found, Forest Service Road 437, commonly known as Hayden Creek Road, was closed between East Hayden Lake Road and Forest Service Road 206 during the investigation.
Kirk was last seen by a co-worker walking toward his truck shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday from Northwest Specialty Hospital in Post Falls. The hospital does not have surveillance of the truck leaving the hospital.
Rasmussen said family expected Kirk to arrive home around 7:20 p.m.
Wolfinger said businesses along Government Way in the Hayden area are encouraged to check their surveillance videos around the times the truck drove by and to contact law enforcement if video captured the truck.
Much more at link: http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com...mans_body_is_found_police_say_case_a_homicide

In regards to the second video:

The driver looks more heavyset in this video. In the previous video, the coat looked as if it was way too big for him, in this video it appears to simply be a little bulky but fits fairly well. It may have appeared to be too big in the first video because of the way he was sitting and it was bunched up some as he was leaning out the window.

The passenger had a box cutter or a blade of some kind at the ready in order to cut the tape on the cardboard box. This person may carry that knife with them all the time or have it on a keychain.

The passenger appears to be rifling through the entire vehicle to see what he can find, as if he's shopping for items at a swap meet.

RB&SBM.

In the second video, the driver appears to have a bit of a "gut."

"A co-worker saw him head to his truck in the parking lot about 7:05 p.m." Did anyone see Bo actually get into his truck, or is there surveillance footage showing him doing so? This happened on a Saturday, when only urgent care services are offered, at the very end of the day. I suspect there would have been fewer people present than on a weekday.

What if the perps were initially interested in stealing prescription drugs? They could have had a third person (I do think there is a third individual involved, for getaway purposes) drop them off on hospital premises shortly before 7 PM, found Bo's truck to be unlocked, hid in the back, and when Bo got inside, surprised him with a gun. At that point, they demand Bo let them inside the hospital and access to meds. However, Bo was an X-ray tech, so I seriously doubt that he had access to anything these individuals would have been interested in; the perps become frustrated, just grab a box of samples (at my former FIL's clinic, they have samples from drugs reps laying around in the staff break room ... :facepalm:), get back into the truck with Bo, get his bank PIN and then ... :(. Or, the box could be completely irrelevant to the case (Bo could have already had it sitting in his truck, to be found by one of the perps while the latter rifled through the interior of the vehicle).

Sources: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/oct/25/police-stumped-by-suspicious-disappearance-of-idah/
http://www.northwestspecialtyhospital.com/services/urgent-care/

bo-facebook-png.png

HAYDEN, Idaho - Claudia Jackson, the sister of missing Hayden man, William "Bo" Kirk, posted a message to Facebook that seemingly confirms Kirk's death.
http://www.kxly.com/news/north-idah...ter-alludes-to-his-death-on-facebook/42255884

This may have already been shared but I wanted to post the copy of her fb post in it's entirety from the news source.

Got a little teary eyed reading it. :(

RIP Bo :rose:

#JusticeforBo

RB&SBM.

In the second video, the driver appears to have a bit of a "gut."

"A co-worker saw him head to his truck in the parking lot about 7:05 p.m." Did anyone see Bo actually get into his truck, or is there surveillance footage showing him doing so? This happened on a Saturday, when only urgent care services are offered, at the very end of the day. I suspect there would have been fewer people present than on a weekday.

What if the perps were initially interested in stealing prescription drugs? They could have had a third person (I do think there is a third individual involved, for getaway purposes) drop them off on hospital premises shortly before 7 PM, found Bo's truck to be unlocked, hid in the back, and when Bo got inside, surprised him with a gun. At that point, they demand Bo let them inside the hospital and access to meds. However, Bo was an X-ray tech, so I seriously doubt that he had access to anything these individuals would have been interested in; the perps become frustrated, just grab a box of samples (at my former FIL's clinic, they have samples from drugs reps laying around in the staff break room ... :facepalm:), get back into the truck with Bo, get his bank PIN and then ... :(. Or, the box could be completely irrelevant to the case (Bo could have already had it sitting in his truck, to be found by one of the perps while the latter rifled through the interior of the vehicle).

Sources: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/oct/25/police-stumped-by-suspicious-disappearance-of-idah/
http://www.northwestspecialtyhospital.com/services/urgent-care/

First, I haven't heard or seen any indication that these two abductors were either at the clinic or inside of it. I think had that been the case we'd have a whole lot more witnesses and much better quality video.

As far as the box goes, you can see this skinny perp literally rifling through the glove box, center console, and backseat much like a kid in a toy store. He/she was looking through everything in the truck in an attempt to find something of value.

Yeah, I'm a little murky on this idea that this was some kind of a personal attack by people he knew. I posted an article this morning from a newspaper that proclaimed this murder had all the hallmarks of an inside job. Even as I read it I began to wonder where this so-called theory came from. I don't see any reason at all why this couldn't have been a totally random act by a couple of people who were simply lying in wait for a victim. Sure, they were outfitted and ready to attack, but that doesn't mean that they knew Bo or vice-versa. I doubt Bo would hang out or be friends with the types of individuals we're are dealing with here. This could even be one of those deals where they were faking a vehicle breakdown or something similar. The passenger may turn out to be a pretty little damsel in distress, at least that's what Bo thought when he pulled up.

They need to really blow up that "thing" that is attached to his shirt. I can't tell if it is a name tag, a company logo, a pack of cigarettes, or a sports team. Obviously, the best case scenario would be an identifiable name tag from a local business. When I first saw it I asked myself, "What did he do, make Bo take of his scrub top so he could wear it" ?

These two most likely have their own mode of transportation as well. Video, video, video, video...........they need it all and they need it fast. By piecing together different camera footage from different places, they may at least be able to identify vehicles that passed by about the same time Bo left work and headed through town.

I agree, the passenger appears to be smaller, especially when you compare the hands. How credible do you think the rumors are of this being 2 homeless people? The clothing would match and if indeed the 2 parties named, it would make sense that the passenger is a woman. Handing the money to the passenger, IMO, shows some type of trust or allegiance. He's either trusting that this is his 'ride or die' partner or he is the puppet in the operation. I don't know what transportation services are available near where the truck was found, but even if homeless, one of the perps could've had a car for the getaway. IMO, this doesn't have the makings of an inside job, more a case of opportunity. So senseless. My sincere condolences to the family, BK appears to be someone you would be lucky to know.

First, I haven't heard or seen any indication that these two abductors were either at the clinic or inside of it. I think had that been the case we'd have a whole lot more witnesses and much better quality video.

As far as the box goes, you can see this skinny perp literally rifling through the glove box, center console, and backseat much like a kid in a toy store. He/she was looking through everything in the truck in an attempt to find something of value.

Yeah, I'm a little murky on this idea that this was some kind of a personal attack by people he knew. I posted an article this morning from a newspaper that proclaimed this murder had all the hallmarks of an inside job. Even as I read it I began to wonder where this so-called theory came from. I don't see any reason at all why this couldn't have been a totally random act by a couple of people who were simply lying in wait for a victim. Sure, they were outfitted and ready to attack, but that doesn't mean that they knew Bo or vice-versa. I doubt Bo would hang out or be friends with the types of individuals were are dealing with here. This could even be one of those deals where they were faking a vehicle breakdown or something similar. The passenger may turn out to be a pretty little damsel in distress, at least that's what Bo thought when he pulled up.

They need to really blow up that "thing" that is attached to his shirt. I can't tell if it is a name tag, a company logo, a pack of cigarettes, or a sports team. Obviously, the best case scenario would be an identifiable name tag from a local business. When I first saw it I asked myself, "What did he do, make Bo take of his scrub top so he could wear it" ?

These two most likely have their own mode of transportation as well. Video, video, video, video...........they need it all and they need it fast. By piecing together different camera footage from different places, they may at least be able to identify vehicles that passed by about the same time Bo left work and headed through town.

I agree, the passenger appears to be smaller, especially when you compare the hands. How credible do you think the rumors are of this being 2 homeless people? The clothing would match and if indeed the 2 parties named, it would make sense that the passenger is a woman. Handing the money to the passenger, IMO, shows some type of trust or allegiance. He's either trusting that this is his 'ride or die' partner or he is the puppet in the operation. I don't know what transportation services are available near where the truck was found, but even if homeless, one of the perps could've had a car for the getaway. IMO, this doesn't have the makings of an inside job, more a case of opportunity. So senseless. My sincere condolences to the family, BK appears to be someone you would be lucky to know.

Men are trained at birth that when they have a wad of cash in their hand, the proper thing to do is to hand it to the nearest female and then forget you ever had it. It appears that's what Tubby did at both locations.

So it is written, so it shall be.

I think that at least one of the people who did this knew Bo, at least in passing. This was a very well organized crime, his truck was burning in the woods a couple of hours after he left work. As someone else pointed out, they clearly had other transportation ready since they felt comfortable torching the truck. I feel it's very unlikely that this was random and unplanned, if so it came together quickly and very well. I think the people being homeless is almost impossible. One, Post Falls has a very small homeless population. Two, these homeless people happened to have two pairs of medical gloves to wear each and were smart enough to cover their fingerprints and tracks well. Three, these homeless people had no use for a 2015 truck that's clearly worth a good amount of money. Four, these homeless people also had extra transportation waiting for them at a location where they could burn a very expensive truck. It just doesn't add up.

My guess is it's someone who works with, or used to work with Bo. For some reason they had a personal grudge, or just thought they could get a good amount of money off of him, but the destruction of the truck makes me think that there was more of a motive than just money here.

I agree with all of this Mosby!

I'm very interested to hear the motive for this horrendous crime.

I think the motive was money, plain and simple.

The victim could be anybody with a decent ride and a debit card that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The outfits they wore and precautions they took could be used on any victim at any ATM .

Where Bo was initially accosted would also have a huge bearing on whether he was specifically targeted, or if he just happened to be the unlucky one that happened to cross paths with them. Right now we don't seem to know where that confrontation took place. Keep in mind, for the first couple of days after he vanished, the cops seemed to be just as puzzled as anyone else as to where he might be and what may have happened to him. Which essentially means, whenever or wherever this confrontation took place, nobody seems to have witnessed it or reported it.

The burning of the pickup was simply " good criminal practice 101."

Until these two pukes are apprehended, everybody in that community that whips their debit card out and uses it anywhere, had better be wary and cautious. These two punks are looking for people with the card, not the vehicle. I'm sure they would much rather prefer cash, so I'd be careful about flashing that as well.

These two people are going to look far different when they are standing next to you at the grocery store wearing street clothes.

Whoever killed Bo enjoy your freedom right now.
LE will find you and you will be going away for a long, long time!! I only wish you could get what you did to Bo!
This was another senseless killing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The victim could be anybody with a decent ride and a debit card that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The outfits they wore and precautions they took could be used on any victim at any ATM .

Where Bo was initially accosted would also have a huge bearing on whether he was specifically targeted, or if he just happened to be the unlucky one that happened to cross paths with them. Right now we don't seem to know where that confrontation took place. Keep in mind, for the first couple of days after he vanished, the cops seemed to be just as puzzled as anyone else as to where he might be and what may have happened to him. Which essentially means, whenever or wherever this confrontation took place, nobody seems to have witnessed it or reported it.

Until these two pukes are apprehended, everybody in that community that whips their debit card out and uses it anywhere, had better be wary and cautious. These two punks are looking for people with the card, not the vehicle. I'm sure they would much rather prefer cash, so I'd be careful about flashing that as well.

These two people are going to look far different when they are standing next to you at the grocery store wearing street clothes.

I would agree with you that anyone could've been the victim....but the perp looks to be wearing scrubs. Just such a strange coincidence that makes me think Bo was somehow targeted or there is some connection between the victim and the perps, whether they actually knew each other or not.

We'll see. I do think this will be solved.

jmo

I haven't seen this here yet. If it has been posted already, I apologize.
(My son drove to work today on his own and I have been reading curled up in the fetal position on the couch)

PM from Post Falls Police. This information will be forwarded to detectives. Also, the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office is now taking tips as well at www.kcsheriff.com/anonymous-tip.html or by calling (208) 446-1300. (kv)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree , Steelman. All evil needs is opportunity. Horrendous but true.

Praying for comfort and healing for Bo's family and friends. Bo's brilliant light will always shine in your hearts. You are never alone.

Praying for law enforcement for guidance and insight to find who did this heinous crime.

Rest in Peace dear Bo. You are tremendously loved.

What are the chances a friend happened upon the body? Is this a small town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. And I think they've done it before. Not necessarily the burning of a vehicle or murder but they are evolving.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out they were drug addicts who needed money quick.

I think the theft was planned as well as murdering whoever they stole from. I don't think Bo was marked. I think it will be a case of a very unfortunate crossing of paths.

These guys are still out there. I think it will happen again. There's a thrill element to this as well I fear.

MOO

I think Bo was very well known. Even one of the officials in the press conference yesterday said that they knew Bo.

IMOO.

I hear you but I can't go there yet. :thinking:

If I was looking for a friend who was missing, I'd go to all the places where I knew he could be or hung out on a regular basis. It could very well be that Bo hung out at the shooting range and his friend went there to see.

At this point, I think it's very innocent. MOO

the red car is a Hyundai.

the driver had a slip of paper he kept looking at, maybe the pin code was on it?

the driver is in a fact a bigger bulky built person and that does look kinda like scrubs underneath.

[video=youtube;TAif9LThFM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAif9LThFM0[/video]

Second video released by the cops. Take note of the perp on the passenger side take a box out of the backseat and go rummaging through it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back