If Only Kate Had Bigger *advertiser censored*!!!???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine's mother feels that if she weighed more, had a bigger chest and looked "more maternal" she wouldn't be in so much of a mess.:eek::waitasec: Um yeah.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...-printed-about-their-daughter-64375-19959961/

I see a woman desperate for the public to know the truth- that she did not kill her daughter.

A case here in Australia has many comparisons to this one- the Azaria Chamberlain case.
Lindy was persecuted and convicted by the Australian public based purely on her appearence and her actions after her daughter went missing.
In reality she was a woman in distress and years later was in fact proven innocent.

I realize the statement by kate sounds bad but lets try to put it in some context just to be fair. She has had enormous amounts of criticism in news articles and blogs and in message boards for not being concerned enough about her missing daughter, for not crying enough on camera so we can all watch or "jet setting" around the world to meet with experts about missing children etc.

Whether missing little Madeleine is actually an abductee and suffering at the hands of the her abductors and their partners or whether she is dead in an unmarked resting place or whether she is dead at her parents hands due to accident or murder, kate and her husband must be under huge amounts of stress and to have people picking over every small detail they do or say in an attempt to find something bad to say about them must seem to be just one horrible burden too many. So perhaps kate lashed out in an ineffectual attempt at defense, sort of a public scream of frustration. That does not mean anything about what happened to missing little Madeleine.

This isn't brittany spears out partying and thumbing the nose at judges and the laws but this is a woman whose child is missing and who has had enormous amounts of criticism leveled at her in the midst of the long search for missing little Madeleine.

So kate got upset and wasn't perfect - gee we can't see why that would happen can we?

My main point is what has this to do with what happened to missing little Madeleine? How does this move us closer to finding missing little Madeleine? Or is this whole thing just another way of accusing the parents of murdering missing little Madeleine? Maybe they did do that who knows but I am just not seeing how this latest flap about kate's remarks which I see on TV and messageboards gets us any closer to finding missing little Madeleine or even proving who did it or how it was done.

In my opinion I am not seeing the "sleuthing" in this latest controversy.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent post!! By far and away the most sensible post I have read for a long time.

I see a woman desperate for the public to know the truth- that she did not kill her daughter.

A case here in Australia has many comparisons to this one- the Azaria Chamberlain case.
Lindy was persecuted and convicted by the Australian public based purely on her appearence and her actions after her daughter went missing.
In reality she was a woman in distress and years later was in fact proven innocent.

I agree with you - ( the chamberline case has been mentioned here )

What gets me is that I have seen a multitude of comments here about Kates appearance from being boney to not smiling to being thin to being harsh you name it - her apperance and how she and Gerrry act behave has been a big part of the debate

Ok on the face of it the *advertiser censored* thing was perhaps not the best thing to say - IF she actualy said it - the interview wasnt even with her it was her mum -

but Kate gets hammered anyway -because - you know it was in the papers so it must be true

I see a woman who is close to the edge who has lost a daughter - whu doesnt now know what to say do or think - because it doesnt matter anyway people have made up their minds

so lets all tune into the Liverpool Echo tomorrow for the latest :sick:

I personally don't think she is pretty and have never thought so. I think she's extremely UNattractive.

But her looks have nothing to do with finding Madeleine and finding out what happened to her, as Doc said.

I agree its ridiculous. To say that she's so hot that no one has any sympathy for her blows my mind. I think someone needs to drill into her head that the fact that she left her babies alone night after night is what makes her most unsympathetic.

I agree its ridiculous. To say that she's so hot that no one has any sympathy for her blows my mind. I think someone needs to drill into her head that the fact that she left her babies alone night after night is what makes her most unsympathetic.

:clap: :clap: :clap: To the point! All these remarks are clearly to deflect from the REAL reason we find her not a good Mom. Big Breasts ....good mommy :doh:

It seems that a majority of interested public want to blame Kate for what happened, think Kate probably sedated or accidentally killed the child, that Kate is cold, evil, stupid, and basically beneath contempt.

And yet, everyone knows that men kill children more often than women do, that it is Gerry who is writing the moronic blog, and it was Gerry who hardly spent any time with his kids.

And it's also pretty well known (at least in my neck of the woods) that men have more coercive ways of getting a spouse to do what they want, than women do. So a little burst of anger or annoyance, and suddenly ok we won't hire a babysitter then, if you think it's so expensive.

So, I have to wonder, all the Kate-haters out there ... what is it about her that so completely swamps the statistics and most of what we know about men versus women, and makes HER the evil one and him the one who's just going along with her cover-up? I've thought a good bit about the facts of the case, and if the facts point anywhere (in terms of motive, means, and opportunity) it is at Gerry, not Kate.

And yet ... is this just hatred of women in general? Or what ...

It seems that a majority of interested public want to blame Kate for what happened, think Kate probably sedated or accidentally killed the child, that Kate is cold, evil, stupid, and basically beneath contempt.

And yet, everyone knows that men kill children more often than women do, that it is Gerry who is writing the moronic blog, and it was Gerry who hardly spent any time with his kids.

And it's also pretty well known (at least in my neck of the woods) that men have more coercive ways of getting a spouse to do what they want, than women do. So a little burst of anger or annoyance, and suddenly ok we won't hire a babysitter then, if you think it's so expensive.

So, I have to wonder, all the Kate-haters out there ... what is it about her that so completely swamps the statistics and most of what we know about men versus women, and makes HER the evil one and him the one who's just going along with her cover-up? I've thought a good bit about the facts of the case, and if the facts point anywhere (in terms of motive, means, and opportunity) it is at Gerry, not Kate.

I think most of us here think they're both involved equally.

Oh I am so fed up with these people & their pathetic attempts at hysteria. Isn't it hysterical enough that their daughter is missing? I think among their attempts at raking in cash & trying to be celebrities, they have somehow forgotten that!

I am also fed up with these camera-seeking lowlifes.

I have never thought of Kate as being attractive. Hers is a very common face that one sees coming and going in the British Isles. I always thought she looked like a heroin addict.

I would never leave my young children unnattended like that. What if there had been a fire at the hotel and nobody knew the children were there alone and they would have gotten killed in the fire? Then she would have lost all her children instead of just 1. I hope Maddie is found safe and healthy and I hope if she is found alive that her mother and father will take some parenting classes and try to be more responsible parents and never leave their children alone again.

I see a woman who is close to the edge who has lost a daughter - whu doesnt now know what to say do or think - because it doesnt matter anyway people have made up their minds
We all see a woman close to the edge, it's what put here there is debateable right now.

I never know how to ask this without getting :slap: by a mod. But if it turns out they did have something to do with this or we never do know, are all the snide remarks about this side of the fence ever going to be seen as nasty and unnecessary - the way we are constantly accused of being haters or judgemental or closed minded ?

I wonder only becuase the constant reprimands by those who feel they are innocent don't lend to the discussion either, imo. But try to defend such insults and :slap: This is a sleuthing board, not an advocacy board for the wrongly accused.

If Kate doesn't go over the edge, she can always get implants and become the most popular girl at the hospital.

I think many of us - at least I am - are wondering where the maternal instinct was! If we are to believe the abduction theory, then we have to accept that she had left her three toddlers alone...at night...in a strange place. Many of us cannot fathom doing that. My husband died when my baby was new and I took his little infant seat in the bathroom with me when I showered, so I could make sure he was all right. And that is an infant! Toddlers are notorious for getting into everything, even if they are right beside you. You have to watch them every minute. They have no sense of danger or that they could be hurt. That is why, no matter if it was an accident or an abduction, the responsibility rests with the parents, especially the mother and the maternal instinct.

I have understood the statistics of whether men or women killed children to be as follows: 1) children killed by a stranger; the stranger is almost always a man. 2) children killed by a parent; it is most often the mother. That does not mean always.

Anyway, it's only my opinion.

I don't hate Kate, nor do I hate Gerry. But I do see them as a team.

I certainly don't hate either one of them for their appearance. I actually find it amusing that Kate believes she is persecuted because of that, when I feel the opposite - lots of people can identify with them as a couple and as parents that they have gotten alot of support and help.

Here's another spin on this issue - this writer says that Being Thin doesn't make Kate a Killer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...le_id=488191&in_page_id=1772&in_author_id=465

I suspect it was indeed something about this English woman's demeanour which brought the knives out. Not the fact that she was slim, for they too were whippet-thin. But that the English blonde was too contained.

I simply don't believe they would have been so judgmental about the issue of eating tapas a short distance from where the children slept unwatched had Kate McCann been filmed beating her breast, shrieking her guilt to the skies, as if on American daytime TV.

. . . But I sympathise with her painful awareness of a prejudice that must bewilder her.

:eek: Uh, ok. :crazy:

I think most of us here think they're both involved equally.

Actually, I disagree. I've posted 4-7 messages in the past few days proposing that Gerry acted alone (or at least without the knowlege of Kate), and not one person has agreed with me. In fact, only one person has even responded. That person then advanced some theories, all of them placing Kate at fault.

This would suggest that Gerry-at-fault theories just don't strike much of a chord. There might be rational/logical reasons for this, and I'm all ears. But if it's just based on Kate's inability to cry in public, then I just don't think that's enough.

In my view, the Gerry-only theory is in the lead when it comes to motive, means, opportunity, timing, plausibility, and (overwhelmingly) statistical likelihood. Breast size and ability to cry in public notwithstanding.

I am also fed up with these camera-seeking lowlifes.

I have never thought of Kate as being attractive. Hers is a very common face that one sees coming and going in the British Isles. I always thought she looked like a heroin addict.

May I ask where you are from? I hope you are not implying that we are a nation of drug addicts?

In my view, the Gerry-only theory is in the lead when it comes to motive, means, opportunity, timing, plausibility, and (overwhelmingly) statistical likelihood. Breast size and ability to cry in public notwithstanding.
KM ability to leave the twins alone after discovering Maddie missing goes against this, imo. Both or neither would be my guess.

Actually, I disagree. I've posted 4-7 messages in the past few days proposing that Gerry acted alone (or at least without the knowlege of Kate), and not one person has agreed with me. In fact, only one person has even responded. That person then advanced some theories, all of them placing Kate at fault.

This would suggest that Gerry-at-fault theories just don't strike much of a chord. There might be rational/logical reasons for this, and I'm all ears. But if it's just based on Kate's inability to cry in public, then I just don't think that's enough.

I don't believe its a Gerry-only or a Kate-only proposition. They either both were involved or neither. Perhaps only one of them had to do with the possible "death" scenario, but both would have to be involved in everything that happened afterward.

May I ask where you are from? I hope you are not implying that we are a nation of drug addicts?

I have absolutely no idea where you got the impression that Pink was implying that. She opined that Kate had a "common" face and then in another sentence opined that she looked like a heroin addict. She didn't even get close to saying that the UK was a "nation of drug addicts."

I agree with you - ( the chamberline case has been mentioned here )

What gets me is that I have seen a multitude of comments here about Kates appearance from being boney to not smiling to being thin to being harsh you name it - her apperance and how she and Gerrry act behave has been a big part of the debate

Ok on the face of it the *advertiser censored* thing was perhaps not the best thing to say - IF she actualy said it - the interview wasnt even with her it was her mum -

but Kate gets hammered anyway -because - you know it was in the papers so it must be true

so lets all tune into the Liverpool Echo tomorrow for the latest :sick:

I see the same as you Gord, we can only begin to imagine the guilt and grief the McCanns have gone through since making the decision to leave their kids by themselves that night, they have paid dearly for their misjudgement, they lost their little girl.

Kates mother said what she said for a reason regardless of whether Kate actually said it or not- she just wants her granddaughter back and for the investigation to keep moving in the right direction.

“She said last night ‘If I weighed another two stone, had a bigger bosom and looked more maternal, people would be more sympathetic’,” Madeleine’s grandmother, Susan Healy, said today.

bahwaaaaaaa That is one of the dumbest and funniest things I've ever heard.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member