If Only Kate Had Bigger *advertiser censored*!!!???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... is there any other non-abduction scenario to consider? Were there any other times that night when one parent was alone with Maddie? Well gosh and begora, there WAS: From 9 to 9:30 pm when Gerry was checking on Maddie, and might have had access to a man with a car (Russell O'Brien was also missing from the table for part of that time). This scenario doesn't require a 2-hour long acting job by both parents. In fact it doesn't require a acting job at all, for one of them.

Becasue KM decided it was safe to leave the twins to alert the others. No screaming or hystaria to bring others to her. They tried to lie about the distance to the Tapas for a reason. They have lied about the checks for a reason. They have lied about the timeline for a reason.

They also deemed the resort safe enough to leave them again to travel.

To me this does not add up.

You've got that right ConcernedPerson. I honestly thought that was a joke.
She's not too bright is she? And to think she's a doctor. lol

Well, look at Major Frank Burns, MD MASH 4077 He wasn't the brightest bulb in the box either! :crazy:

Sorry, I know he's a fictional character, but I know a few ignorant, VAIN doctors. I will drive 50 miles to a different clinic, if my only choice is to see one of them. Kate may be a Doctor, but only her patients, (Who we've never heard from) can say if she is a "Good Doctor".

Well, look at Major Frank Burns, MD MASH 4077 He wasn't the brightest bulb in the box either! :crazy:

Sorry, I know he's a fictional character, but I know a few ignorant, VAIN doctors. I will drive 50 miles to a different clinic, if my only choice is to see one of them. Kate may be a Doctor, but only her patients, (Who we've never heard from) can say if she is a "Good Doctor".

-- Interestingly, she was an anesthesiologist, so most of her patients probably have no recollection of her at all. :)

-- If I had to guess I'd say Kate as a doctor was polite, well-informed, direct and to the point, and kind though in a reserved way. That is, warmth would not have been her strong point. But really, do you want your doctor to be warm? Not me, save that for the nurses. I want my doctor to know what s/he is doing!

Kate has taken it on the chin, in the media and the comment boards, for not being maternal enough. Her off-hand remark to her mother (thanks, mom, for making me look like an idiot in public by blabbing my off-hand remarks to the press!) is mostly true.

She IS castigated for everything: smiling too much ("cold b#$@%, doesn't she know her daughter is missing?"), not smiling enough ("cold b#$@%, are you afraid to mess up your perfect makeup?").

Sheesh. The breast thing was kind of weird, but then what would any of US say under the spotlight? Maybe she's sensitive about being flat chested. She wouldn't be the first.

I think folks need to take a step back and try to understand that if women are to be allowed to have careers, then they must be allowed to choose a non-traditional mothering path. If you want a career, you HAVE to leave the kids in the care of others. There are also lots of mothers for whom it's not choosing a career, but NEEDING to work.

But man, break down and listen to your selfish, domineering and cheap husband just once (because he promised to check on the kids but blew it), and now suddenly YOU are branded the worst mother in the history of humankind?

I'd call that double standard, if not complete witch hunt.

I have a different take on Kate's attitude and personality as it seems to come across.

Her mother is making it a point to say publicly that Kate feels she's being attacked on the basis of her looks, which means as well her mother agrees or sympathizes.

So often, when an intelligent, gifted, beautiful, talented girl is successful and high-achieving, she encounters negative attitudes and responses. All too often her mother will tell her, "Don't listen to them, they're just jealous of you."

I have seen this "up close and personal" with girls in ballet. Particularly the very gifted ones (who are always very intelligent as well, there are not very many air-headed ballerinas) who show promise very early.

Unfortunately, hearing that from their mothers and others around them, over time, enables the girls to stop distinguishing between truthful or deserved comments/criticism and the "she just thinks she's so great" comments.

It is not developing a tougher skin to critical or negative remarks that is bad, but teaching them only this blanket response to any kind of criticism or comment.

If Kate really is/was "shy" as some of the articles said, then she may have had a harder time dealing with comments or negative attitudes when she was younger, and now both she and her mother are just continuing their same pattern of responses.

Kate has taken it on the chin, in the media and the comment boards, for not being maternal enough. Her off-hand remark to her mother (thanks, mom, for making me look like an idiot in public by blabbing my off-hand remarks to the press!) is mostly true.

She IS castigated for everything: smiling too much ("cold b#$@%, doesn't she know her daughter is missing?"), not smiling enough ("cold b#$@%, are you afraid to mess up your perfect makeup?").

Sheesh. The breast thing was kind of weird, but then what would any of US say under the spotlight? Maybe she's sensitive about being flat chested. She wouldn't be the first.

I think folks need to take a step back and try to understand that if women are to be allowed to have careers, then they must be allowed to choose a non-traditional mothering path. If you want a career, you HAVE to leave the kids in the care of others. There are also lots of mothers for whom it's not choosing a career, but NEEDING to work.

But man, break down and listen to your selfish, domineering and cheap husband just once (because he promised to check on the kids but blew it), and now suddenly YOU are branded the worst mother in the history of humankind?

I'd call that double standard, if not complete witch hunt.

I don't agree, I think they have both, her and her huband, received similiar scrutiny.
Not unwarranted in my opinion, since they both thought it was fine to leave three small children alone, and they have both done and said many odd things.
If anything, in my opinion when I first saw them, their appearance reflected positively about them. Its there actions and judgement (starting with leaving the babies alone to go out to dinner) that has put them in the spotlight.

-- Interestingly, she was an anesthesiologist, so most of her patients probably have no recollection of her at all. :)

-- If I had to guess I'd say Kate as a doctor was polite, well-informed, direct and to the point, and kind though in a reserved way. That is, warmth would not have been her strong point. But really, do you want your doctor to be warm? Not me, save that for the nurses. I want my doctor to know what s/he is doing!

Have you ever had surgery? You see the anesthesiologist more than you do the surgeon. Day of surgery, anyway.

I don't agree, I think they have both, her and her huband, received similiar scrutiny.
Not unwarranted in my opinion, since they both thought it was fine to leave three small children alone, and they have both done and said many odd things.
If anything, in my opinion when I first saw them, their appearance reflected positively about them. Its there actions and judgement (starting with leaving the babies alone to go out to dinner) that has put them in the spotlight.
Very well said.

hcc she has been a part time GP now for some time so she would be in direct contact with "awake" patients every day that she worked. I do find it strange that no former patient has come forward to say anything good about her.

"ARE TO BE ALLOWED TO HAVE CAREERS"???? :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Anyway, yes, us mothers who have careers have to leave the kids in the care of others. WHO DID SHE LEAVE THE KIDS IN THE CARE OF WHILE SHE WENT DINING AND DRINKING???? THE TWINS?????

Also, those kids were "in the care of others" while both Kate and Gerry played tennis and did some running every day. Apparently, the only time they were all together was at lunch, because they were given "tea-time" at the Creche before being picked up.

But this wasn't a "working vacation," and still the kids were
"in the care of others."

:doh:

What most people cannot understand is why, if they were going to leave them all day in "other's care" - why didn't they leave them with a babysitter at night, when they were obviously most vulnerable.

And I'm talking about all three kids, not just Maddie. The twins, in my opinion, were in just as much danger, whatever happened.

And Kate did not make the decision to reject babysitting that night - I hold Gerry just as culpable as Kate.

Anyway, yes, us mothers who have careers have to leave the kids in the care of others. WHO DID SHE LEAVE THE KIDS IN THE CARE OF WHILE SHE WENT DINING AND DRINKING???? THE TWINS?????

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It doesn't seem to matter whether Kate was "allowed to have a career" since her childcare issues happened after hours, when she was off duty.

How do you know "they both thought it was fine to leave three small children alone"?

Becasue KM decided it was safe to leave the twins to alert the others. No screaming or hystaria to bring others to her. They tried to lie about the distance to the Tapas for a reason. They have lied about the checks for a reason. They have lied about the timeline for a reason.

They also deemed the resort safe enough to leave them again to travel. To me this does not add up.

What, exactly, is "because KM decided it was safe to leave the twins ..."?

How do you know they've lied about the checks and the timeline? And how do you know, if someone lied, that it was THEY?

hcc she has been a part time GP now for some time so she would be in direct contact with "awake" patients every day that she worked. I do find it strange that no former patient has come forward to say anything good about her.

Yes I"m surprised the press hasn't found some of them and interviewed them ... or Clarence found some to 'testify'.

Wow, you must have fabulous husbands who never give you a hard time for being 'over-protective', 'coddling' the kids, or spending too much money on their entertainment and safety. And all your friends and associates must likewise have exemplary husbands and fathers.

Among my friends (mostly PhDs, lawyers, and other professionals living in a very well-educated part of the country) mothers rather frequently lament that their husbands aren't much help in the childcare department and often obstruct good childcare decisions. One lawyer friend whose husband teaches at a major major university told me he left a ballgame without remembering to get the youngest child into the car. Got all the way home before he noticed the child missing.

Where did you find your wonderful husband? I want one like him!

Wow, you must have fabulous husbands who never give you a hard time for being 'over-protective', 'coddling' the kids, or spending too much money on their entertainment and safety. And all your friends and associates must likewise have exemplary husbands and fathers.

Among my friends (mostly PhDs, lawyers, and other professionals living in a very well-educated part of the country) mothers rather frequently lament that their husbands aren't much help in the childcare department and often obstruct good childcare decisions. One lawyer friend whose husband teaches at a major major university told me he left a ballgame without remembering to get the youngest child into the car. Got all the way home before he noticed the child missing.

Where did you find your wonderful husband? I want one like him!

Let's see - mine (also a PhD) was engaged to my best friend.

He's kind of a normal guy. Most of the time I love him to pieces...and then there are those instances when I wonder how someone so very brilliant in most ways can be so absolutely dumb in others.

BUT, human though he is...in the 25 years we've been parenting we did NOT compromise on childcare for our children. It sure wasn't easy at times - we live away from family and my husband's career requires that we attend social and business functions on a regular basis. For us, it was a no brainer. We nurtured three precious children and it was our responsiblity to make certain those kids were cared for all the time.

Now, who knows? Maybe some babysitter I hired during the course of my children's childhoods spent all night talking on the phone to her boyfriend...or maybe one of the boyfriends came over and they made out on the family room couch while my children played with scissors. In the 80's we didn't think to have hidden cameras in the house and there was no way we could monitor the caretakers who came into our home.

What we did do however was only use very, very trusted teens and adults to look after our children. And no, we don't deserve any special medals for taking the care of our children very seriously. It's just what you do when you're a parent.

I don't think we're remarkable. I think we're normal parents. It's the Mccanns who aren't normal. No matter how much anyone tries to rationalize and defend the negligent behavior toward their children, the fact is Kate and Gerry continually put their very young children at risk so they could go drink and party.

Maybe the Mccann's were the greatest parents on earth until they got to Portuagal and decided that their own good time rated over the safety of their three babies. I'm not making any judgements about what they did prior to their vacation in Portugal...but I am saying that it was a reprehensible act to leave three children under the age of four alone in a hotel room night after night, especially knowing that one of those kids was traumatized by being alone at night.

And I'm also saying that it seems rather sad to me to read the innuendo that parents who take care of their children are to be considered somehow abnormal or lying.

Why would any parent who loves their children scrimp on childcare, even for one night?

And while there are certainly distracted fathers, and no one is perfect, if a man loves his kids he will put them first.

My husband and I have never had any money for ourselves - it all goes straight to the kids and their well-being, because they are the most important thing in our lives and we know that.

I will never be cynical enough to think that "most parents" put themselves first - in reality, most parents put their children first.

Every parent has to do the best they can, but bad things may happen to kids when parents forget to be vigilant.

From 9 to 9:30 pm when Gerry was checking on Maddie, and might have had access to a man with a car (Russell O'Brien was also missing from the table for part of that time). This scenario doesn't require a 2-hour long acting job by both parents. In fact it doesn't require a acting job at all, for one of them.

The cadaver dog hired by the British detectives to sniff out the apartment in August detected the scent of a person who had to have been dead for at least 2 hours for it to "hit" on it. If Gerry (or anyone else) killed Madeleine after 8:00, she would have had to lay there until at least 10:00 for the dogs to hit on the scent. But Kate was at the apartment at 10:00 and her daughter was already gone. Therefore, Madeleine must have died at least 2 hours before the last parent who checked on the kids had time to move her. The Portuguese police are looking at a timeframe of approximately 6:30 to 7:30 pm.

What, exactly, is "because KM decided it was safe to leave the twins ..."?

How do you know they've lied about the checks and the timeline? And how do you know, if someone lied, that it was THEY?

There have been no end of witnesses, including the McCanns themselves, who have said that once Kate found Madeleine missing, she went back to the Tapas restaurant without the twins to summon help.

Think about it, hcc. She's convinced that her daughter has been kidnapped, and she turns around and leaves her other two children is the same apartment that Madeleine just disappeared from. What, is she convinced that the kidnapper is gone and won't come back for the twins? I don't just find that amazing, I find it beyond ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3