IF They Are Cleared..

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:doh: Why on earth would they give them all Calpol if if it CAUSES sleeplessness/hyperactivity? Surely thats the opposite affect they would be wanting to achieve.

The hair had to be long enough to correlate to the entire time since the McCanns went on holiday and the time of the lab test. The spokesperson, R. Woods, said the hairs were the required length. Even the number of cm. is given in the newspapers. I believe it was 5 cm. needed to equal the rate of growth since May but you would probably rather read it for yourself rather than trust my memory. Since everybody can look at this evidence, there is no value in cheating.

So do we know for sure the twin's hair was tested? When?

That, SleuthMom, is the key. If they had been giving the children sedatives and stopped when Madeleine disappeared, that was 5½ months ago. Hair grows at an average of ½ inch a month, and we know the twins have had their hair cut at least once since May. Even without a haircut, the top nearly 3 inches wouldn't contain any sign of sedation. So more than likely, if the McCanns were sedating them, it's grown out.

The article doesn't talk about any testing procedures. For instance, do we even know it was the twins' hair? Who collected it? Who handled it? I have a lot of doubts about how truthful they're being.

Tests show McCanns 'did not sedate Madeleine siblings'

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article3079001.ece

Tests on Kate and Gerry McCann's other two children support their insistence that they never sedated their missing daughter Madeleine, it was reported today.
Analysis of hair samples from their two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie found no evidence of sedatives, according to London's Evening Standard.
This would add strength to the couple's vehement denial of allegations they had given their three children sleeping pills on the night Madeleine vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, southern Portugal, on May 3.

Tests on Kate and Gerry McCann's other two children support their insistence that they never sedated their missing daughter Madeleine, it was reported today.

Huh? :waitasec: This makes absolutely no sense to me unless all three children are attached together at the hips. The twins were never the "problem", right? Wasn't it Madeleine who was having hysterical fits upon being left alone night after night? How does this revelation about the twins support their claim that Madeleine was not sedated? If one gets a serious cut, do all three get stitches? This is totally nuts. :crazy:

Does anyone know if there were video cameras at all at the apartment or at the Tapas lounge? Surely there were cameras somewhere on the premises.

Huh? :waitasec: This makes absolutely no sense to me unless all three children are attached together at the hips. The twins were never the "problem", right? Wasn't it Madeleine who was having hysterical fits upon being left alone night after night? How does this revelation about the twins support their claim that Madeleine was not sedated? If one gets a serious cut, do all three get stitches? This is totally nuts. :crazy:

I thought EXACTLY the same thing Bandini.....

I agree Bandini but I still find it weird that the twins slept through all the commotion on the night that Madeleine allegedly disappeared also that if she was in the same room & was screaming the previous nights that they were not awakened by this & start crying also.

I agree Bandini but I still find it weird that the twins slept through all the commotion on the night that Madeleine allegedly disappeared also that if she was in the same room & was screaming the previous nights that they were not awakened by this & start crying also.

How would we know if the twins DIDN'T sleep through it all?

How would we know if the twins DIDN'T sleep through it all?
Well seeing as how we were told that they did, I am sure we would have been told if they woke up in the commotion.

Tests show McCanns 'did not sedate Madeleine siblings'

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article3079001.ece

Analysis of hair samples from their two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie found no evidence of sedatives, according to London's Evening Standard.
This would add strength to the couple's vehement denial of allegations they had given their three children sleeping pills on the night Madeleine vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, southern Portugal, on May 3.

THE TIMES: “‘Tests show Madeleine McCann’s brother and sister were not drugged’”

The police tests are in. No. These are tests the McCanns carried out themselves. On Madeleine? No. On the twins Sean and Amelie.

A source close to the couple says: “Any legal team worth their salt would have these kinds of tests done. No evidence of sedatives were found in the twins’ systems”

The twins are not missing

The police in Portugal accused the McCanns of sedating all of their children so it is appropriate to test the hair of the twins to refute that. Supposedly, Madeleine sometimes left the bedroom for another bedroom (whether at 5A or in Rothley not clear) when the twins disturbed her by crying. From Pamela Fenn's reports, there had been crying from the children in toto, not just from Madeleine. The point being that they were just as likely to have been drugged as she was.

if they were cleared... i'd still think they were crappy parents.

They will still be the second most despised couple in the UK....the first being Charles and Camilla.

They will still be the second most despised couple in the UK....the first being Charles and Camilla.

Charles and Camilla are not as despised as they once were, they are quite well liked nowadays.
I don't think many want him as King though, preferring his son William.

Good to know that the folks are easing up on Camilla. She's not so bad, really.

Good to know that the folks are easing up on Camilla. She's not so bad, really.

I agree, she's not.

Although I can't believe that the McCanns would be considered despised at all in the U.K., because Gerry said they were still getting boxes of supportive mail.

Right?

He wouldn't exaggerate that, would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members