IF They Are Cleared..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather see the McCanns tried in a court of law. Then, if a jury found them not guilty, I would believe them not to have been involved in the killing of Maddie.

However, if this were to occur, I think they should still be brought up on child negligence charges, and at the very least, be carefully monitored with the twins.

I don't know as I could go with a not-guilty verdict completely clearing the McCanns. Everyone still highly suspects the O.J. verdict was wrong.

I agree the McCanns should be charged with child negligence. But, if that were to happen, I doubt with their backgrounds/money they would get more than a slap on the wrist if found guilty.

If they are cleared as in--cleared because someone else is charged and convicted--then I'd believe they were not involved in the actual disappearance of Madeleine.

If by "cleared" you mean no one is ever brought to trial because of lack of evidence or legal inter-country wranglings, then no, I'm not going to give them a pass.

This is exactly how I feel- about any charges relating to Madeleine's death.

But no matter whether they're charged for it or not, they will always be guilty of negligence and stupidity in leaving their children every night to go out and party.

I am in (horrified) awe of kidnappers who enter households at night, especially the rooms of sleeping children and operate to commit their crimes in the dark. Some very obvious clues are bound to be left behind, leaving apart DNA, when you can't clearly see what you are doing. Yet these homicides and abductions do go on all the time and have as long as I can remember.

I am in (horrified) awe of kidnappers who enter households at night, especially the rooms of sleeping children and operate to commit their crimes in the dark. Some very obvious clues are bound to be left behind, leaving apart DNA, when you can't clearly see what you are doing. Yet these homicides and abductions do go on all the time and have as long as I can remember.

EXCELLENT POST!

IF the McCanns are cleared I will accept that. What I cannot accept or ever stomach is the hatred some people have for total strangers who do not live the way others want them to.

EXCELLENT POST!

IF the McCanns are cleared I will accept that. What I cannot accept or ever stomach is the hatred some people have for total strangers who do not live the way others want them to.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please DO NOT post about one another. Stay on topic. The TOPIC being the McCann case, not one another.

I dont know but other countries - but I know the British Press quite well - The newspaper market is highly competitve here in the UK and circulation is the only game in town - higher numbers , more money , more adverts sold. I can guarantee you that editors have probably told feature writers that they want a Maddy story every day - with a headline probably every two - it is still a hot story - we the public are desperate for news - Most of the tabs are also paranoid that the other tabs will break a story before them - so any new angle tends to get copied and used by them all as another exclusive . Basicly the tabs have as much a clue as what really went on as the rest of us .

If you look here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/

You can see the vast amount of different headlines that the Sun has used - all covering many different angles some pro Mccaans some hinting at they did it etc etc .

The latest story doing the rounds is the DNA one that says the case is on course and they have found something - notice how it is pretty well the same story - I think the standard /mail did it fiirst and then the other tabs caught up today - including some broadsheets

There is probably a grain of truth in a lot of them - but the point still remains that nothing much has moved since about July - and half a rain forest full of new print .

It is frustrating for everybody - everyone has a theory an opinion - which is fine . I dont think anyone is bouncing on anyone else - it is just debate and lots of opinions until something happens

Thanks for posting this. I thought it was really interesting.

Several newspapers in England are printing one result: the twins hair was tested and there is no evidence of sedation. The articles I read did not say when the hair samples were taken but I'm sure it was in Portugal some time ago.

Hi Tuba:

Any back-up (links) to your feeling that the twin's hair was taken "in Portugal some time ago"?

I would think that Clarence would have jumped on the chance to state "for the record" that the McCanns submitted the twins to this test early on in the investigaton.

Everything I have read (and it has been sparse) gives me the impression that this test was done after the return to England.

Hi Gang!!!!
hiya.gif

Hi Tuba:

Any back-up (links) to your feeling that the twin's hair was taken "in Portugal some time ago"?

I would think that Clarence would have jumped on the chance to state "for the record" that the McCanns submitted the twins to this test early on in the investigaton.

Everything I have read (and it has been sparse) gives me the impression that this test was done after the return to England.

Hi Gang!!!!
hiya.gif

Welcome back colomom, you have surely been missed.:)

There really is no date given but as sedatives are retained in the hair shaft & there was no drug in the entire length of the hairs, the assay is thought to be conclusive. You're right, the hair could have been tested at any time. I have not seen any demand by the PJ that the twins' hair was tested by them in Portugal but they could have used found hair belonging to the twins to do that. If not, I wonder why the police there supposedly thought they had evidence of it. Of course that was a leak and the present results are from an English lab and reported on without the secrecy limitation.

The article I read said the experts who tested the hair were hired by the Mccanns. If so, I'm taking the results with a grain of salt.

Hi Colomon, welcome back, we missed you. Hope you had a great hol!

The article I read said the experts who tested the hair were hired by the Mccanns. If so, I'm taking the results with a grain of salt.

That is what I've heard too- found a link to an article saying this is the case but didn't quote the experts name from what I could see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=488467&in_page_id=1770

Further test results carried out at the Forensic Science Service laboratory in Birmingham are due back in Portugal as soon as today.

These could be critical in determining whether the McCanns, back at home in Rothley, Leicestershire, are charged in connection with their daughter's disappearance or formally cleared of any involvement.

The McCanns have advice of counsel both in Engl. & Portg. A reputable lab should have been chosen but in any case, it would not be merely the result but how it was arrived at that is open to examination by the PJ. There really would be no point in fudging the analysis which needs to be sound in order to convince anyone there was no drugging. The name of the lab will probably surface one of these days & its reputation can be considered.

I wish we knew when the McC's had the twins hair cut and how short they cut it.

With all the news in the US about not giving over-the-counter cold and fever meds to babies under six years of age, I'm wondering if Calpol falls under this class of drugs???

I saw a devastating piece on CNN about a young mom who gave her baby the recommended dose of such a med (it contained dextromethorphine)...the baby was dead seven hours later. He died in his sleep.

The name of the lab that tested the twins' hair is Tricho Tech.

Look at these ingredients in Calpol! What would an overdose do to a three-year-old?

Calpol®

Calpol® is a common pain relief medication for children and babies. The active ingredient is paracetamol.
  • Often recommended for colds, fevers, sore throats, earaches, tummy aches, and to disguise a bad reaction to vaccination. It is also routinely suggested before vaccination, just in case there may be a bad reaction.
  • Paracetamol can adversely affect the liver if used regularly or taken in high doses (i.e., above the recommended amount).
  • Calpol contains sucrose (sugar), glucose syrup, glycerol, sorbitol, methyl hydroxybenzoate, gelatine, Xanthan gum, carmoisine, pseudoephidrine hydrochloride, polyethylene glycol, propolene glyhcol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, potassium hydroxide, titanium dioxide, ponceau 4R (E124).
  • Glycerol (E422) can cause headaches, thirst, nausea and high blood sugar levels.
  • Sorbitol (E420) can cause flatulence, diarrhoea and abdominal distention.
  • Xanthan gum (E415) is associated with asthma, skin irritation and hay fever.
  • Carmoisine (E122) gives Calpol its strawberry flavour: it is known to cause hyperactivity, asthma, sleeplessness and skin irritation.
  • Pseudoephidrine is a decongestant.
  • Titanium dioxide is a whitener.

So do we know for sure the twin's hair was tested? When?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties