IF They Did It

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerry didn't say it. Someone in Portugal saw him getting his hair cut and posted it to a blog.

If my mind set were suspicious, I could imagine that O'Brien was not late to dinner because he had a sick daughter (of his own) but that instead, he was preoccupied with Madeleine, who had been harmed in some angry or accidental violence by Gerry McCann. And that McCann left the table at 9:05 because nothing more could be done for her and he had to meet the man shortly seen carrying a child away. Wilkins then surprised him & he kept him talking & facing away from bundleman until that man had made his way elsewhere. I do not believe this version of events because a lot of facts and impressions militate against it but I do consider possibilities--I know we all do--and then I discard them as implausible. I think all of our theories are fantasy and that the truth, if we ever learn it, will be stranger still.

If my mind set were suspicious, I could imagine that O'Brien was not late to dinner because he had a sick daughter (of his own) but that instead, he was preoccupied with Madeleine, who had been harmed in some angry or accidental violence by Gerry McCann. .....

But if that was true, then why didn't this group of so called intelligent professionals call an ambulance or the cops? Taking things into their own hands makes no sense whatsoever.

But if that was true, then why didn't this group of so called intelligent professionals call an ambulance or the cops? Taking things into their own hands makes no sense whatsoever.

Only if they knew it was too late to do anything for Madeleine, because after all, they were probably much more skilled medically and professionally, than any first responder in Portugal...

And they would not want to call the cops if it was an accident of some kind and they feared the foreign police authorities.

And they would not want to call the cops if it was an accident of some kind and they feared the foreign police authorities.

You know, that's the one thing that still stumps me.:confused:
It just makes sense to me that they would call the cops so they wouldn't look suspecious. Surely they were not so coy as to think they could get away with hiding a little innocent girl who may have died accidentally? Imo, there's no logic in that.

And if they didn't? I wonder what everyone who is ready to tar and feather them will think of themselves? Lest anyone misinterpret (on this board?) me, I am not sure the McCanns are innocent. I have simply seen no evidence that they're guilty and I sure don't want to hang anyone on MY assumptions and lurid stories generated to make filthy lucre.

If they didn't then they will be known as the parents who thought it was ok to leave 3 babies alone and go out to dinner and party night after night. Sad but true.
I go back to a question I asked previously, wouldn't they be charged with a crime if one of their children died by accident that night. So wouldn't/shouldn't they be charged with a crime even if the end result is proven that someone took Maddie because they left them alone.
They are either directly or indirectly responsible for their daughters disappearance.

If they didn't then they will be known as the parents who thought it was ok to leave 3 babies alone and go out to dinner and party night after night. Sad but true.
I go back to a question I asked previously, wouldn't they be charged with a crime if one of their children died by accident that night. So wouldn't/shouldn't they be charged with a crime even if the end result is proven that someone took Maddie because they left them alone.
They are either directly or indirectly responsible for their daughters disappearance.
They are most definitely responsible for whatever happened to Madeleine no matter by whose hand it happened!

PJ are talking of investigating the parents who drowned while trying to save their children in the Algarve & the surviving parents for negligence, I think much more so the McCanns should be prosecuted for not making any attempt to protect their child! They are a disgrace!

And if they didn't? I wonder what everyone who is ready to tar and feather them will think of themselves? Lest anyone misinterpret (on this board?) me, I am not sure the McCanns are innocent. I have simply seen no evidence that they're guilty and I sure don't want to hang anyone on MY assumptions and lurid stories generated to make filthy lucre.
Since most of us lack the power and the authority hang anyone who are you giving all that power to?

How many violent crimes and crimal cover ups do?

On blog comment & forums I have seen mention that Jeremy Wilkins saw Gerry McCann fiddling with the shutters of the children's window from the outside. Twice, I've read that. So far, I haven't read it in any newspaper account of the Wilkins deposition.

On blog comment & forums I have seen mention that Jeremy Wilkins saw Gerry McCann fiddling with the shutters of the children's window from the outside. Twice, I've read that. So far, I haven't read it in any newspaper account of the Wilkins deposition.

I read that too but was never able to find a press source. Other accounts have them meeting at the back of the apartment and standing by the back steps, talking. :waitasec:

I believe those accounts are the ones that are accurate because Wilkins repeatedly refers to the narrow path that runs by the rear patios. This is no where near the children's window. He also said he walked up and down the path with his son in a stroller.

Which is an important point, Tuba, that you mentioned--Jeremy Wilkins was not just standing in one point, he was moving back and forth. That is why he is so sure that if anyone else were there, he would have seen that person, I think.

You know, that's the one thing that still stumps me.:confused:
It just makes sense to me that they would call the cops so they wouldn't look suspecious. Surely they were not so coy as to think they could get away with hiding a little innocent girl who may have died accidentally? Imo, there's no logic in that.

Has there been any logic in a lot of what the McCanns have done? I think they are narcissistic enough to believe that, with enough spin about what "happened" on May 3 and theatrical hand-wringing, they can get away with anything.

It would make sense to most people to call the cops or the paramedics if something tragic happened to one of their children. But IF it was the McCanns' fault- such as a traquilizer overdose or allergic reaction, or Madeleine fell while under the influence of meds- and it would jeopardize their careers, reputations and freedom, then they could've come up with the abduction theory to throw suspicion off themselves. I think it's entirely possible that they rationalized their guilt away and decided to do whatever necessary to keep from going to jail.

Calikid,
What you said is true but surely if they did it, what they would have gone through after going to police couldn't be worse than what they're going through now....could it?

I mean how could they even accidentally kill their child and put on a charade of someone with a missing child? My gosh that would be torture. Parents want to give their child a proper burial and say goodbye....not live with terrible accusations every day.

Which is an important point, Tuba, that you mentioned--Jeremy Wilkins was not just standing in one point, he was moving back and forth. That is why he is so sure that if anyone else were there, he would have seen that person, I think.

just to get this clear - Tanner never went in the narrow path at the back of the villas - nor did she claim that she saw the man in the path. She left the villa from the front door , which is where she saw the man walking away from the villas - Gerry and Wilkins were chatting in the pathway at ther back - it was dark - it is not unusual for Wilkins not to have seen Tanner as they didnt actualy pass directly

just to get this clear - Tanner never went in the narrow path at the back of the villas - nor did she claim that she saw the man in the path. She left the villa from the front door , which is where she saw the man walking away from the villas - Gerry and Wilkins were chatting in the pathway at ther back - it was dark - it is not unusual for Wilkins not to have seen Tanner as they didnt actualy pass directly
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/homepage/maddie_16_map.jpg

Are you sure? Maybe I am reading the picture wrong, but wouldn't the front be facing the pool? According to this picture, unless she passed them at a different time than originally stated, they would see eachother. Therefore his assertion she was not there would be true.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/homepage/maddie_16_map.jpg

Are you sure? Maybe I am reading the picture wrong, but wouldn't the front be facing the pool? According to this picture, unless she passed them at a different time than originally stated, they would see eachother. Therefore his assertion she was not there would be true.

from all the pictures I have seen - the back of the villa is the entance facing the pool - the lane we hear about is the between the pool compound and the villa back entrances -

Tanner left from the other side ( the front facing the main road overlooking the carpark . )

She could easily have walked past the entrance to the alleyway and not been seen by Wilkins - he might have had is back to her - it was reported he was strolling up and down the alley with a pram .

The bundleman was never anywhere near that small alley - but sighted walking towards the church

That is precisely what I have always understood too, Gord. Jane Tanner herself makes much of this clear in her statement to the police released 23 May or close to that day. For some reason, Wilkins assumed she was on the path, maybe because McCann was.

So 24Horas forecasts that the PJ is going to return Casa Liliana for samples of DNA & hair PJ believes belong to Madeleine. If Robert Murat is involved in her disappearance, I believe he acted in concert with others, not alone. Whether he hid evidence or even a body or facilitated what other people were perpetrating or is totally innocent, all the questions, like B-B's rolling into his pocket on the board, are pointing back at him due to failures in other directions. The PJ firmly asserts the ability to prove Murat knew the friends of McCann who were in the party. We've discussed this here but no proof has been advanced in the leaks to press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932